Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687171 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Vancouver, Canada

#494372 Nov 24, 2013
Martin Luther wanted all Protestants to see it HIS way. And when they wouldn't see it his way, the major squabbles started among the Protestants.

Religion is based on one theological HIGH after another, with each new theologian claiming to know the one and only truth. And the bickering never ends

What a shame.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

History of the United States … by Charles A. Beard and Mary R. Beard. The Macmillan Company 1923.

The clergy became a powerful class, dominant through their learning and their fearful denunciations of the faithless. They wrote the books for the people to read—the famous Cotton Mather having three hundred and eighty-three books and pamphlets to his credit. In cooperation with the civil officers they enforced a strict observance of the Puritan Sabbath—a day of rest that began at six o-clock on Saturday evening and lasted until sunset on Sunday. All work, all trading, all amusement, and all worldly conversations were absolutely prohibited during those hours. A thoughtless maid servant who for some earthly reason smiled in church was in danger of being banished as a vagabond. Robert Pike, a devout Puritan, thinking the Sun had gone to rest, ventured forth on horseback one Sunday evening and was luckless enough to have a ray of light strike him through a rift in the clouds. The next day he was brought into court and fined for “his ungodly conduct.” With persons accused of witchcraft the Puritans were still more ruthless. When a mania of persecution swept over Massachusetts in 1692, eighteen people were hanged, one was pressed to death, many suffered imprisonment, and two died in jail.
truth

Perth, Australia

#494373 Nov 24, 2013
as you see you body attack from bacteria or virus ..its going in as within your body..
now religion
oh its prayers between you and your god..up to you how you going pray..
o yes many been refuse..
did you been ever refuse from your mother father brother sister friends..o yes many times..then..you don't need worried about authority religion or not religion..
see if loving person from mother and father brother or sister or personal friends been rejected..then what you need waith as result from any Authority..not find way there neverrrrrrrrrrrrrr

don't put great sorrow within yourself because of leaders..no

try control your life as you could even in misery
because when you become target from not worthy authority you don't need think about them..
ones they lose respect from many..they are losers too..
o yes history is full..

but real god is omnipresent
yee can act from nowhere toward everyone..
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeee

be very carefull
where is real residence of real Creator..
Are you for sure many users and abusers can find out where is real Creator?
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o
June VanDerMark

Vancouver, Canada

#494374 Nov 24, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Your logic never ceases to amaze me June! Your l o g i c,remember that.The Bible when read and understood by believers who put their trust in GOD,and His Son,remains the source of truth that explains who God is,why He is,and for what reason He came into the world as Jesus of Nazareth.
Jesus never,ever rejected His Father(who by the way is not JEWISH).God is not limited to our ethnicities,races or religious affiliations.God is the Light of lights,and He is the Truth.Pontius Pilate asked Jesus"What is truth?" Well he was staring into the face of Truth,Jesus, the man who would lay down His life for all of humanity including Pontius Pilate.Jesus did not reject Jewish Canon,nor did He reject the Jewish people.He came to save them first.Many Jews embraced Him and His teachings,and became the first missionaries of the Gospel of Christ to the Nations.
It is a continuous problem for you to understand that Jesus was sent by the Father to the JEW first and than to the gentile(Greek).The Jews rejected Him,not because Jesus forsook Judaism,or preached insurrection against Jewish Law,but because He mirrored the true and living God,and they were faced with receiving the Messiah who was sent first to change their hearts,not to start a Jewish Nation free of Roman bondage.
You keep bringing up the Jewish aspect of the Christian theology,and twisting it especially concerning the Christ and what He did.June you may be able to find some garbage on Christians and even Jews,and also every other religious group,but if you soberly take a good look at JESUS in the Bible,you will not be able to find the same garbage you find in mear men and women like us.Jesus cannot be matched,nor is He going to be abased to what you perceive of Him.There is no doubt in my mind, that you are spending a lot of time on this thread, to somehow convince yourself that truly Christ is not the salvation of men and women.
There are too many witnesses from the First century post Resurrection to the present,that He is the Light of men and women,and our salvation indeed!
Your sermons mean nothing to me. You are simply another religious right-FIGHT in the guise of feigning HOLINESS.

Nonsense.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#494375 Nov 24, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>That is WHY the fact remains,Salvation coming through the Jews to us Gentiles is in the Jew, Christ Jesus(Yeshua ha Moshiach),the only ONE who born of a Virgin is God with us(Emmanuel).You believe that,and so do I,our salvation is not in an organization or a Christian t r a d i t i o n,but in the Person Jesus the Messiah.
Denominational bickering,and "Church"established organizations no matter how old,or how young,cannot save you or I.They can give us credible information,and be used of God to bring us to Him,but they are human efforts and endeavors.Christ is the glorious Son of the Most High,from the beginning H E was chosen by the Father to redeem human kind from the dominion and penalty of Sin.Death is no longer able to defeat us,because of Christ.
It is really a waste of our energy to try and prove to each other that our particular tradition of Christian endeavor and organization SAVES! God forbid that we should glory in the flesh.June keeps on saying that we glorify ourselves and claim a self imposed religion.But we as believers in Christ are grafted into HIS VINE through the New Birth,not because of self importance or achievements,or good actions,but by the GRACE of the Father through His Son's holy sacrifice on that cruel CROSS.
If a person who has experienced Christ tells others they cannot know they are saved,or that they must be saved through a n organization,or some are saved,and maybe others are not through selection,than that person is not relying on the only true WORD that settles the whole matter,The BIBLE! Only the Bible makes clear who is saved and who is not,and not by name or particular ethnicity,or by affiliation,but by the BLOOD of Christ.His DNA is present in every believer who has repented of sin and embraced the Christ of Calvary.I believe that baptism seals that not in soley being the way to salvation,but as being burried with Christ(dead to sin),regenerated in HIM.
The Spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are saved,and we walk in newness of life.We have an ADVOCATE with the Lord Jesus when we sin.It is a continual w a l k through GRACE that secures the believer to Christ,because Christ is our total redemption.Did He not say"He that endures to the end will be saved?" The endurance is relying on HIS GRACE,allowing His life to permeate ours.His mind especially.Did not John the Baptist say"I must decrease,that He may INCREASE!" That is true for every believer.It is a painful process,but the reward is beyond this world,and this world is not worthy of the reward Christ has for us.Because "To love the world is to be
in emnity with God."
Excellent as always,

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#494376 Nov 24, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
“The Rosary is the most beautiful and the most rich in graces of all prayers; it is the prayer that touches most the Heart of the Mother of God…and if you wish peace to reign in your homes, recite the family Rosary.” Pope Saint Pius X
“Never will anyone who says his Rosary every day become a formal heretic or be led astray by the devil.” Saint Louis de Montfort
“Even if you are on the brink of damnation, even if you have one foot in hell, even if you have sold your soul to the devil as sorcerers do who practice black magic, and even if you are a heretic as obstinate as a devil, sooner or later you will be converted and will amend your life and will save your soul, if—and mark well what I say—if you say the Holy Rosary devoutly every day until death for the purpose of knowing the truth and obtaining contrition and pardon for your sins.” Saint Louis de Montfort
“The Most Holy Virgin in these last times in which we live has given a new efficacy to the recitation of the Rosary to such an extent that there is no problem, no matter how difficult it is, whether temporal or above all spiritual, in the personal life of each one of us, of our families…that cannot be solved by the Rosary. There is no problem, I tell you, no matter how difficult it is, that we cannot resolve by the prayer of the Holy Rosary.” Sister Lucia dos Santos, Fatima seer
“When you say your Rosary, the angels rejoice, the Blessed Trinity delights in it, my Son finds joy in it too, and I myself am happier than you can possibly guess. After the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, there is nothing in the Church that I love as much as the Rosary.” Our Lady to Blessed Alan de la Roche
“‘Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee!’ No creature has ever said anything that was more pleasing to me, nor will anyone ever be able to find or say to me anything that pleases me more.” Our Lady to Saint Mechtilde
Here is the best online Rosary on the internet... You can pray alone or with worldwide participation. Come pray to Jesus with his mother and ask for intercession from the queen of heaven and earth.
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

It do not say: After this manner therefore pray ye: Mary which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
June VanDerMark

Vancouver, Canada

#494377 Nov 24, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Ms. Babbleon, Wow,that's a surprise.
June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
So when you believed that Jesus was with you in your suffering, you felt unworthy???
I don't believe you.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#494378 Nov 24, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Gee, that makes me feel real comfortable.A false deceptive oppressive power hungry ruler talking with the Catholic Church about my Church.I guess that is the best birth place for reunion, isnt it.
A communist leader I'd talking for the,Orthodox,Church to the Pope ???to make,Russians,become Catholic???

Location hidden

#494379 Nov 24, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>2 Machabees 12:46
It is therefore a holy and wholesome thought to pray for the dead, that they may be loosed from sins.
Not in the Sacred Infallible Word of God....not Scriptural....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#494380 Nov 24, 2013
This program is,really using scripture ...all the miracles ...calling the apostles ..the things,right out if the scripture .

Not Hollywood nonsense so far

Location hidden

#494381 Nov 24, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, only believe the word of God, not what some man says we should do, read the Bible, there is a lot about idol worship. Praying to Mary and Saints is not Biblical. Prayer is offered to God, never to any created thing. To do so is to offer worship that should only be directed to God, which is idolatry. Prayer should be offered only to God, and the Roman Catholic Church needs to repent of its false and idolatrous practice of praying to the saints.
Amen!!! The Gospel from Scripture!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#494382 Nov 24, 2013
very sad..
asked trough your prayers lips talkers
how its looks on cross INRI..

someone going lift you up there
if you have small bealiving then
maybe

-there is a no law
-there is a no love
-there is a no mercy
-there is a suffering
INRI

my body lags hands and mind..

what your friends going tell on most very jelouse way
as great enevy as well people who never believe thats ever happen they will call you mental
kill temem put them on INRI

see

your authority layers judges and other evil pretenders they do every day without knowing even when they know too..

byyyyyyyyy

n
truth

Perth, Australia

#494383 Nov 24, 2013
pretenders
and mutukashe
zavadi pa vladaj

is that pretenders l;ips say bealivers not exist because they have to be from tribe nation color this or that..
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Pad

Rockford, IL

#494384 Nov 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
After preaching for decades that people had to be Christian to be "saved," Billy has now changed his mind and says that people don't have to be Christian to be saved.
As were and are all theologians, Billy Graham is a fraud.
June Graham has a 2013 program that he and his family and fellow workers have been producing for TV. It is as solid a Christian endeavor to lead people to Christ as any Billy did in the past.His statement of seeming to acquiese to Christ not being the only way is really rubbish,because what he said to the founder of (HOUR OF POWER) was that Christ can be seen in many peoples of all ethnicities and religions,as MEN and WOMEN of good Will. Graham is but a man,however he did cause a furor amongst many Christians in that interview.

The truth is God first addressed the Shepherds in Bethlehem through His Angels to all men and women of Good Will.That is a virtue that is God inspired no matter who displays such in their lives.The Good Samaritan that Jesus spoke of,was not a Jew,nor was he a Christian,but he showed a divine type mercy to the victim on the road that experienced being beaten and robbed by evil men.The Jewish Levite and a priest both ignored the battered man,but the Smaritan came to his rescue,and his life was spared.Who knows the Good Samaritan might have been an atheist for that matter.

The point is many men and women on this planet through the ages have been inspired by GOD to do good things to others.One of the greatest examples of that was Sirdhartha (Gautama)Buddha.He did great things for the poor and developed societies of men who would follow in his foot steps to help the most needy in his time.We as Christians would say that the good acts of Buddha were similar to that of Christ in that he was inspired to do good,Christ in a way was reflected through him.GOD is GOOD!So when we humans do good we are allowing God to reflect through us.But that does not mean that Buddha is our savior,as only Christ can save from sin.

Mahatma Gandhi a HINDU,also spoke with great wisdom and did much good for his beleagured people,no matter whether they were Hindus,Buddhists or Muslims.His actions and aspirations would be considered godly,and mimicking that of Christ as well,but Gandhi is not a savior from sin and death,only JESUS is the Savior.And I will not argue with you about where his soul ended up,that is God's department! PERIOD.

We have to realize as Mother Teresa often said as well,that all human beings are capable of doing good as a choice.She saw Jesus in everyone,from the richest to the poorest of the poor.It is Christ who inspires us to see Him in others,especially in suffering,because Christ suffered at the hands of angry men.

God sees the motives of the heart who can judge but HIM in the end,and that we can safely leave in His Hands of Mercy and love.Graham was seriously sensitive to that issue,and he although knowing that Christ alone is the salvation of the world,that God alone judges in the END not us,nor with our perceptions can we bring any accusation of condemnation to anyone!But Christ Jesus is Salvation no one else!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#494385 Nov 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
TBN if you get it
Got the dvd...great movie

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#494386 Nov 24, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
If it were not for the Catholic Church you would not have a Bible, be thankful .
Read Rev 8: 3, who are those Holy ones taking prayers to the alter of GOD?
FYI we ask the Saints (holy ones) to pray for us.
False teaching is following a man-made church with each own made up rules.
I really doubt taking a verse from Revelation should justify praying to so called Catholic saints. In Rev 8, The saints (ton hagion) refers to believers, naturally. John states that "the prayers of all the saints" are on this altar. What prayers is an obvious question? The only prayers of all the saints unanswered and contextually appropriate at this point are prayers of vengeance. Unanswered down through the ages, the prayers for God’s ultimate judgment against those who persecute the righteous has finally come.

It is not biblical and that to pray to anyone other than God is idolatrous. First, regarding verse 8, can the prayers be authored by those who are already in heaven? It doesn't say. There are different interpretations on exactly who the saints are because their identity can't be precisely demonstrated; after all, Revelation is a highly symbolic book.

Sacramento, CA

#494387 Nov 24, 2013
"And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said to me, "Do not do that; I am a fellow servant of yours and your brethren who hold the testimony of Jesus; worship God. For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy," (Rev. 19:10).

John wants to bow the knee and worship the angel. But the angel tells him not to do that because he is a fellow creature. If the angel says that he is a fellow creature like John, and that John is not to bow to him, then neither should anyone else bow to an angel, or any creature so as to offer worship. Worship includes prayer. Therefore, no one should pray to any created thing.

Biblically, prayer is always offered to God, and is a form of worship. All religions view prayer as an act of worship to their god(s) since they contain petitions, confession of sin, requests of intercession, etc., things which are received and answered by God, not by created things. Also, prayer is not the same thing as talking to someone face-to-face. Prayer is a humble petition to the Lord and not to a friend who's in the same room with you or on the other end of the phone -- or in heaven. Prayer is offered to God, never to any created thing. To do so is to offer worship that should only be directed to God, which is idolatry. Prayer should be offered only to God, and the Roman Catholic Church needs to repent of its false and idolatrous practice of praying to the saints.

Sacramento, CA

#494388 Nov 24, 2013
"I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images." —Isaiah 42:8

Sacramento, CA

#494389 Nov 24, 2013
God will NOT share His glory with another (Isaiah 42:8). In Exodus 20:3-5 we read that God is a jealous God, so jealous that we are commanded NOT to even BOW to a statue or image.

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God" -Exodus 20:3

God is more jealous than any husband or wife could ever be. It is a dangerous thing to commit idolatry. It is a sin to bow to any saint. Roman Catholicism twists the Bible, actually condoning the idolatrous glorifying of dead people (saints). It is a sin to pray to anyone or anything in an attempt to influence God. There is ONLY One Mediator between God and men--The Lord Jesus Christ...

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" -1st Timothy 2:5

Sacramento, CA

#494390 Nov 24, 2013
Roman Catholicism openly admits that many of their doctrines did NOT originate from the Bible, but from the church itself. It is blasphemy to recognize the writings of the church fathers as inspired by God. For example, in 1834, the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary was proclaimed by Pope Pius IX. The Bible states that all men, with the sole exception of Christ, are sinners.

Mary herself had need of a Saviour (Romans 3:23; 5:12; Psalm 51:5; Luke 1:30,46,47). In 1439, the doctrine of Purgatory was proclaimed as a dogma of faith by Council of Florence. The Bible says that Christ instituted only two ordinances, Baptism and the Lord's Supper (Matthew 28:19-20; 26:26-28). Read more!

The Catholic heresy of the "Assumption of Mary" isn't found in the Bible or even in their own magisterium

Sacramento, CA

#494391 Nov 24, 2013
Matthew 23:9 forbids calling any man "Father" in the sense of reverence...

"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." -Matthew 23:9

Catholics disobey the Bible by calling the priest "Father." Only God is to be reverenced by such a title. The Pope is NOT the "vicar" of God, but is rather a false prophet of Satan.

1st Timothy 4:1-3 warns...

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth."

Are Catholics blind? Or perhaps Catholics just don't read the Bible. 1st Timothy 4:1-3 clearly WARNS us about cults that forbid people to eat meat (every Friday for Catholics) or get married (Catholic celibacy laws that forbid priests from getting married).

I recently listened to a Catholic priest on TV speaking to his parish. He told the people that the best way to know what's right on all matters of faith and morals is to just "listen to the Pope." What a contrast to the teachings of the Word of God. The Bible declares...

"...let God be true, but every man a liar..." -Romans 3:4

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) 10 hr Tom Fontaine 42
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Mon JAXON 10,631
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web