Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687223 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Catholic Girl

United States

#493777 Nov 22, 2013
This world we live in is a mess with hate, rebellion, deceit and greed to name a few things. Now if there was no religion anywhere and no fear of concenquenses. the world would be a bigger mess than it is now with religion.
don't you think?

aethiest beliefs are here today gone tomorrow.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#493778 Nov 22, 2013
Many Christians are certain that devout believers in other religions are in Satanic cults. Yet these same Christians believe that other religions are false. So according to that supposed logic ... the only devil left in existence is the Christian devil, and he is doing his best to lure all other people of earth into evil.

If your silly idea of salvation is more important to you than asking questions of your own dogmas ... you will continue to confuse your selves with utter fear-filled nonsense.

And if you keep on keeping your selves locked in that mental bondage ... you will in turn keep on feeding the Christian theologians that depend on the continued existence of your mental bondage for their own daily bread.
Catholic Girl

United States

#493779 Nov 22, 2013
Other religions are not false, just another way of thinking. Pick the religion that suites you best. They all beleive basically the same. 1 God, heaven the place to strive for and hell for those who don't give a darn!!:)
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#493780 Nov 22, 2013
A religion such as Christianity that attacks it's SELF is pathetic.

A god and a devil at war with each other.

How silly!

God ... "I want my adherents to go heaven!"

Devil ... "That's too bad for you,'cause had you not allowed me to exist, I would have no power."

God ... "Well, you DO have a good point there."

Devil ... "Why DID you allow me to exist?"

God ... "I had no choice. Men on earth wrote the story and we are both just figments of human imaginations."

Devil ... "Of COURSE!!! NOW it all comes clear to me."
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#493781 Nov 22, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
Other religions are not false, just another way of thinking.
I suggest that you stop lying! You KNOW full well that you believe you are saved and that others will go to hell.

That is the very BASIC teaching of Catholicism. And that is WHY the Catholics tortured and killed so many Jews and others through their vile reign of terror for so many centuries.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#493782 Nov 22, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! Evil was created when Lucifer thought he was bigger than God.
Within your silly theology ... without an all-powerful god's approval ... the devil (by its many names) could not exist.

Are you admitting that your supposed god is wimp!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#493783 Nov 22, 2013
Without Jehovah's approval ... evil could not exist.

And to top it off the short-sighted Jewish theologians wrote that Jehovah CREATED evil.

And if there is only one Abrahamic god in existence ... it is the SAME god created by the Jewish theologians that SERVES Catholics, Muslims and Protestants.

Wake up people ... or not. The choice is yours.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#493784 Nov 22, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
So because its the first you heard about it, its a new teaching? Now the end is near??. Even though the 'new Israel' teaching goes back 2,000 yrs. Now the fanatics are just finding out about it, the end is near?
Now you can put it on a leaflet and circulate it with the latest headline: "Now the Roman Catholic Church says its the new Israel!!" "they just made it up yesterday"!! head to the compound and bring non perishable food items, its the apocalypse"
~~~

It Don't matter when your heathen cult came to to the conclusion that it can counterman God and usurp the covenant that God made with Abraham in Genesis..

A LIE IS A LIE NOT MATTER WHAT DATE THE DEVIL CONJURED IT UP..

QUESTION..

IS THERE ANY THING THAT YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE NO ATTEMPTED TO REVISE IN GOD'S PLAN OF SALVATION...

EVIDENTLY OVER THE YEARS YOUR CULT HAS ATTEMPTED TO BECOME GOD HIMSELF..

YOUR CULT FITS RIGHT IS WITH THE DESCRIPTION IN

Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

2Th 2:14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#493785 Nov 22, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
But don't worry: Pretending is a requirement of being a Christian.
All belief in the existence of a creator requires active imagination.

It's equivalent to building castles in the air. Only imagination can keep the castles "UP" there.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#493786 Nov 22, 2013
The human need to believe in self as wise is what creates so many problems on earth.

Some devout believers in the idea that a creator exists adamantly refuses to admit that that belief has anything in common with religion.

How funny!

One-up-man-ship is the name of the human arrogant intellect-game.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#493787 Nov 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
It Don't matter when your heathen cult came
Hilarious.

A Protestant trying to con a supposed god of the Jews.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#493788 Nov 22, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Margie Im not sure you read what the Orthodox mean by the "New Israel", a term they would rather replace with Ecclesia.
There are lots of political correctness when I visit orthodox sites. I don't like that. By new Israel, you should mean NEW Israel. If it offends peoples ears than what do ya do? The Apostles were clear on this. They were Jews who ushered in the new Israel. The Church. Orthodox believe they are this Church, so does Catholicism. I don't have a problem with that. You can't deny that we were one fold for 1,000 yrs.

Richie T

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#493789 Nov 22, 2013
See the great fall of Protestants in to apostasy. See the events soon-to-come on the face of the earth:

www.scribd.com/doc/176864901 ...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#493790 Nov 22, 2013
Confrinting with the word ... "Jehovah ... listen up now ... you have to love me, as it is MY will pitted against your will ... and 'I' will win this battle."

:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#493791 Nov 22, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>YOU CRACK ME UP! lolol I read that and reread that and thought to myself..what is she trying to tell me lol
I'm reading down..the screen ..have it enlarged ..thinking ..oh dear some poor,soul has,autism...then I see ..it was me wrote it ..lol
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#493792 Nov 22, 2013
Over and over and over, with pens in hands ancient theologians got away with murder ... literally.

What a shame that humans are so easily lead to kill each other while believing that a creator supported the killing.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#493793 Nov 22, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
There are lots of political correctness when I visit orthodox sites. I don't like that. By new Israel, you should mean NEW Israel. If it offends peoples ears than what do ya do? The Apostles were clear on this. They were Jews who ushered in the new Israel. The Church. Orthodox believe they are this Church, so does Catholicism. I don't have a problem with that. You can't deny that we were one fold for 1,000 yrs.
So Jehovah aims to have the Catholics running the NEW Israel HUH?

Some of the most stupid people on earth are attached to religion.

There's no question about THAT.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#493794 Nov 22, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU WROTE...

I don't have a problem with that. You can't deny that we were one fold for 1,000 yrs.

YOU CALL A CULT THAT HAS KILLED MILLIONS A FOLD...

JESUS CALLS SUCH BEHAVIOR --->

Mat_7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are

-->ravening wolves.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#493795 Nov 22, 2013
Richie T wrote:
See the great fall of Protestants in to apostasy. See the events soon-to-come on the face of the earth:
www.scribd.com/doc/176864901 ...
People don't fall into any religion. Ex-Jew Catholics didn't fall away from Judaism. They CHOSE to start a new religion totally foreign TO Judaism ... and in so doing ... they thought they were WISE.

I suggest they were cunning ... but wise might be an entirely different "matter."

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#493796 Nov 22, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
You're pretending again, child.
Luke wrote in the 80's or later.
Mary would have been 100 years old.
Odd he mentions doing an investigation but not that he met Jesus' mother, huh?
Odd too that early Christians managed to keep and copy anonymous gospels but none of the letters you mentioned.
But don't worry: Pretending is a requirement of being a Christian.
You have no way of knowing WHAT year he started,writing .just possible,when the,work was,in circulation..it COUKD have remained hidden after 70 AD until it was safe ..WE DON'T KNOW ..
NOR,what was,destroyed or hidden during that awful time .

..he obviously interviewed ..talked to people ...the Nativity account came,from Mary..if he,did not talk to her himself ...then it came from disciples..who had ..

Letters,..let's,see ..I'm a,disciple ..I write to you ..come see this preacher ..your going to immediately..have the message laminated and,preserved ..or you live in a city that was TORCHED ..all writings,gone .

I'm saying There is,good reason ..several for the writings ..or rewriting we have not being credited until later

Thankfully many Christians,. We're on the road before Jerusalem burned ....Jesus told them to spread the WORD ..they did .

But so many things ..Jewish and Christian ...Roman .. we don't know ...all gone in the conflagration ...which was preceded by the zealot takeover ..the SEAT of the CHURCH was in Jerusalem....it's,gone ..

This,no writing nonsense defies common sense ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Kennedy 10,635
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Tue Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web