Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683941 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493564 Nov 21, 2013
Jewish references erased in newly found Nazi Bible

Last updated at 14:47 07 August 2006

An institute in Germany has unearthed a Nazi bible ordered by Adolf Hitler to replace the old and new testaments expunged of all references to Jews.

Hitler's race theorists even rewrote the 10 commandments and added two more for good measure in the book called ?German with God? which was ? alongside Hitler? s autobiography ? meant to be required reading in every home in his Third Reich.

Thou shalt not kill, coveting one's neighbour's wife, thou shalt not steal and all other others were scrapped by a regime that stole, murdered and plundered its way across the world.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-39947...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#493565 Nov 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion was and IS all about competing for power.
As a monk Martin Luther had no power. But as the leader of a new religion, he had an abundance of power.
The ex-Jews that started the Christian religion also pulled the same stunt. They had no power under the all-powerful Jewish Rabbis, but as leaders of the new religion, they held the power over others.
U missed the point again as U always tend to do with every one of your responses. U never comment on the point...U just pick out what may be up for your own interpretation. My point was that the movement wasn't about a power struggle but a protest against the established Roman Catholic Church for honoring pagan practices and rituals and imposing these practices on the people. Why didn't U comment on that?! That was the point!! I see that U're all talk. U're not serious about finding out the truth! U just claim to already have it!!!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#493566 Nov 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody can singe the plastic on a bible and take a picture of it, with a flamboyant story being attached.
IF YOU CANT PROVE THAT THIS WAS DONE, YOU NEED TO JUST BUTTON YOUR LIP UP.

actually sewing your mouth and fingers together would be much better.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#493567 Nov 21, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.... People of religious belief can treat other people like crap and do whatever reprehensible things they desire (as often as they desire) but as long as they ask forgiveness and believe really, really hard, "grace" will keep them safe. Imagine!
~~~

What you have said (above might appear to be true, because of the way hateful (so called) Christians treat others....but it isn't...

grace... is given but is not to be abused...

1Pe_4:15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.

1Jn_3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

Pro_29:1 He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.

#493568 Nov 21, 2013
Topix rejected several posts of mine because I attempted to give a dictionary description of the word 'churl'.

Why would they then allow this page to be completely dominated by individuals posting nearly a full page?

This page has 17 posts by one person (truth)! I have nothing against her, I believe she is sincere, and needs encouragement, but she does not know the language and her posts are meaningless to those of us who do not know hers.

She, of course is not the only one who strings out numerous posts that do not contribute to discussion.

??????
KayMarie

#493570 Nov 21, 2013
Eleven June VanDerMarks out of 20 posts!
KM

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#493571 Nov 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
What you have said (above might appear to be true, because of the way hateful (so called) Christians treat others....but it isn't...
grace... is given but is not to be abused...
1Pe_4:15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.
1Jn_3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
Pro_29:1 He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.
YOUR right of course,..And I'm the first to admit getting emotional
And sometimes hurt and angered .

We all need to pray we not let this,forum.lead us, to sin..

God's eyes much more important ..

I pray we ALL right or,wrong in each other's,eyes ..temper our feelings
And,responses..to those who love JESUS and those who are not believers

In Jesus name ..Amen

#493572 Nov 21, 2013
who="Michael" <quoted text>
Why does Earth spin?
.......Earth spins because of the way it was formed. Our Solar System formed about 4.6 billion years ago when a huge cloud of gas and dust started to collapse under its own gravity. As the cloud collapsed, it started to spin. Some of the material within this cloud gathered into swirling eddies and eventually formed into planets. As the planets formed, they kept this spinning motion. This is similar to what you see when skaters pull in their arms and spin faster. As material gathered in more closely to form a planet, like Earth, the material spun faster. The Earth keeps on spinning because there are no forces acting to stop it.

----------
Absolutely hilarious! Where did that 'cloud of gas and dust' come from? From where did the gravity or the material in the cloud come from?

I know! The earth sits on the back of a turtle, which sits on the back of a larger turtle, which sits on the ...(Do you get the picture?)

When you locate your copy of the Billion Year Calendar, I would love to read it...

KayMarie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#493573 Nov 21, 2013
Why does Earth spin?
.......Earth spins because of the way it was formed. Our Solar System formed about 4.6 billion years ago when a huge cloud of gas and dust started to collapse under its own gravity. As the cloud collapsed, it started to spin. Some of the material within this cloud gathered into swirling eddies and eventually formed into planets. As the planets formed, they kept this spinning motion. This is similar to what you see when skaters pull in their arms and spin faster. As material gathered in more closely to form a planet, like Earth, the material spun faster. The Earth keeps on spinning because there are no forces acting to stop it.
----------
Absolutely hilarious! Where did that 'cloud of gas and dust' come from? From where did the gravity or the material in the cloud come from?
I know! The earth sits on the back of a turtle, which sits on the back of a larger turtle, which sits on the ...(Do you get the picture?)
When you locate your copy of the Billion Year Calendar, I would love to read it...
KayMarie
It was,left with the Mayans,..they had it on walls,.But the,really old,ones,were destroyed.....But it ended last year any way :)

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#493574 Nov 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Nick, I figured it was something like that. Will you practice the Nativity Fast? Hope this Advent season brings you good health and happiness.
Same to you Anthony.The Nativity Fast is Celebrated by the Orthos as you know. I cannot because of health.What a joyous Season!!!!
RasputinDiedForY ourSins

United States

#493575 Nov 21, 2013
well, if length of existence counts for anything, the Roman Catholic Church does have a very long history, even before the name change that was made when Constantine took it over and renamed it Christianity.

This is how the Mithra religion became the state mandated religion of Rome and is still the religion favored by despots the world over.

A very interesting religion. Imagine evil spirit creatures going back in time to confuse the faithful by making a copy of Christianity and calling it Mithraism:

http://www.truthbeknown.com/mithraism.html

What a concept! And this was before space opera was invented!
hojo

Chaska, MN

#493576 Nov 21, 2013
The Pillar and Foundation of the Truth (CCC 148-580) Church Fathers
One of the most important – and consequently most attacked – doctrines of the Catholic Church is the doctrine concerning the Church herself. The view that the Church is visible, hierarchical, authoritative and possessed of “all truth” forms a key understanding of all other Catholic doctrines. It is the Church who administers the sacraments, which are the ordinary means of salvation and grace. It is the Church who wrote the Bible and only the Church who can correctly interpret Sacred Scripture.
This article will show how the Catholic apologist can defend the Catholic doctrines and refute the anti-Catholic views concerning the Church. Note that many of these positions rely on simple, direct logic – a Church which possesses certain characteristics must possess others. Just as a building which possesses a roof must have rooms which possess ceilings, so must a Church which is authoritative be visible, for example.
Did Christ want a Church at all?
Although Saint Paul speaks of the Church as the “pillar and foundation of the truth” in I Timothy 3:15 (a passage which clearly shows that he considered the Church to be massively important) did Jesus want to found a Church? Scripture makes it clear that He did.
In Matthew 16:18-19 Jesus says that He will build His Church – this very clear! Later on, Jesus speaks of the Church again in Matthew 18:17-18. Jesus constantly tells the apostles to go out and spread the Gospel – Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:15-16 – why would He do this if He did not wish to found some sort of community? This community is called the Church – and these Scriptures prove that Jesus intended to found one. Other Scriptures, logic and common sense will show that Jesus intended to found – and did found – a Church which has all the characteristics of the Catholic Church and is, therefore, the Catholic Church.
The Authoritative Church
One of the major objections to the claims that the Church makes regarding herself is that she alone has authority to interpret God's word in the Bible, and indeed to formally what the Christian religion is when it is revealed to her by the Holy Spirit. Many people who react badly to this are simply having a problem with any form of authority, and consider that there is an invisible church rather than the visible one Christ actually founded.
However, Scripture is clear that the Church has authority – in Matthew 28:18-20 Jesus delegates His power to the apostles. The authority to perform specific acts is given in other passages – John 20:23 (the power to forgive sin), I Corinthians 11:23-24 (the power to offer sacrifice, the Eucharist), Luke 10:16 (the power to speak with Christ's voice), Matthew 18:18 (the power to legislate) and Matthew 18:17 (the power to discipline).
From a perspective of pure common sense and logic, what would be the point of founding a Church (which Christ clearly wanted to do) without giving her authority? If the Church has no power, what what is she? She is simply a collection of believers with no power to enforce laws or discipline those who are dissident – anyone could claim to be a member of her even if they denied all the tenets of her laws and beliefs! Organizations logically require authority over their members and authority to determine what the criteria for membership are; otherwise they are not organizations at all, but simply a label without a clear definition.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#493577 Nov 21, 2013
Topix rejected several posts of mine because I attempted to give a dictionary description of the word 'churl'.
Why would they then allow this page to be completely dominated by individuals posting nearly a full page?
This page has 17 posts by one person (truth)! I have nothing against her, I believe she is sincere, and needs encouragement, but she does not know the language and her posts are meaningless to those of us who do not know hers.
She, of course is not the only one who strings out numerous posts that do not contribute to discussion.
??????
KayMarie
Because you are a so-called "Christian"?

;o)

#493578 Nov 21, 2013
Why does Earth spin?

~~~

ABOUT SPINNING

THE YARN YOU JUST POSTED IS.... TOPS..

Location hidden

#493579 Nov 21, 2013
HOJO, the Church is to guide and nurture people, not force them to bend to the will of a select group, not to force their will on people by killing and murdering.

I am really sorry that people like you cant and don't understand what Christ wishes for her people. The actual church.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493580 Nov 21, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>U missed the point again as U always tend to do with every one of your responses. U never comment on the point...U just pick out what may be up for your own interpretation. My point was that the movement wasn't about a power struggle but a protest against the established Roman Catholic Church for honoring pagan practices and rituals and imposing these practices on the people. Why didn't U comment on that?! That was the point!! I see that U're all talk. U're not serious about finding out the truth! U just claim to already have it!!!
The Catholic church never honored any practices but their own.

Albuquerque, NM

#493581 Nov 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR right of course,..And I'm the first to admit getting emotional
And sometimes hurt and angered .
We all need to pray we not let this,forum.lead us, to sin..
God's eyes much more important ..
I pray we ALL right or,wrong in each other's,eyes ..temper our feelings
And,responses..to those who love JESUS and those who are not believers
In Jesus name ..Amen
Hypocrite.

You'll use "in Jesus' name"....but won't accept many of his non-canonical teachings.

You are not one to talk about who is a believer and who isn't, especially when you don't even believe Jesus.

Albuquerque, NM

#493582 Nov 21, 2013
Why does Earth spin?
----------
KayMarie
Didn't pass Science class, huh?
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493583 Nov 21, 2013
KayMarie
I suggest that YOU write a calendar to suit your Protestant religion. That way we all know the truth.

:)

#493584 Nov 21, 2013
hojo wrote:
The Pillar and Foundation of the Truth (CCC 148-580) Church Fathers
One of the most important – and consequently most attacked – doctrines of the Catholic Church is the doctrine concerning the Church herself. The view that the Church is visible, hierarchical, authoritative and possessed of “all truth” forms a key understanding of all other Catholic doctrines. It is the Church who administers the sacraments, which are the ordinary means of salvation and grace. It is the Church who wrote the Bible and only the Church who can correctly interpret Sacred Scripture.
This article will show how the Catholic apologist can defend the Catholic doctrines and refute the anti-Catholic views concerning the Church. Note that many of these positions rely on simple, direct logic – a Church which possesses certain characteristics must possess others. Just as a building which possesses a roof must have rooms which possess ceilings, so must a Church which is authoritative be visible, for example.
Did Christ want a Church at all?
Although Saint Paul speaks of the Church as the “pillar and foundation of the truth” in I Timothy 3:15 (a passage which clearly shows that he considered the Church to be massively important) did Jesus want to found a Church? Scripture makes it clear that He did.
In Matthew 16:18-19 Jesus says that He will build His Church – this very clear! Later on, Jesus speaks of the Church again in Matthew 18:17-18. Jesus constantly tells the apostles to go out and spread the Gospel – Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:15-16 – why would He do this if He did not wish to found some sort of community? This community is called the Church – and these Scriptures prove that Jesus intended to found one. Other Scriptures, logic and common sense will show that Jesus intended to found – and did found – a Church which has all the characteristics of the Catholic Church and is, therefore, the Catholic Church.
The Authoritative Church
One of the major objections to the claims that the Church makes regarding herself is that she alone has authority to interpret God's word in the Bible, and indeed to formally what the Christian religion is when it is revealed to her by the Holy Spirit. Many people who react badly to this are simply having a problem with any form of authority, and consider that there is an invisible church rather than the visible one Christ actually founded.
However, Scripture is clear that the Church has authority – in Matthew 28:18-20 Jesus delegates His power to the apostles. The authority to perform specific acts is given in other passages – John 20:23 (the power to forgive sin), I Corinthians 11:23-24 (the power to offer sacrifice, the Eucharist), Luke 10:16 (the power to speak with Christ's voice), Matthew 18:18 (the power to legislate) and Matthew 18:17 (the power to discipline).
From a perspective of pure common sense and logic, what would be the point of founding a Church (which Christ clearly wanted to do) without giving her authority? If the Church has no power, what what is she? She is simply a collection of believers with no power to enforce laws or discipline those who are dissident – anyone could claim to be a member of her even if they denied all the tenets of her laws and beliefs! Organizations logically require authority over their members and authority to determine what the criteria for membership are; otherwise they are not organizations at all, but simply a label without a clear definition.
YOU POSTED

From a perspective of pure common sense and logic,

SO SORRY TO INFORM YOU THAT

GOD is not limited to man's common sense and logic...

GOD IS SPIRIT ..

Joh_4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

CONTINUED

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Tue misleading troller 2
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web