Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

marge

Ames, IA

#493287 Nov 20, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Rose, taking the bible too literally causes a lot of problems. What Christ meant by *Temple* is not a building, but His followers. Many protestant leaders added on to apocalyptic prophesies. I have even heard mr. Crouch say he will be head of the FCC in heaven. when you meet Christ when you die, is more important than waiting on signs for the end times. You are not supposed to worry about the end times, Christ said so.
That's what we've been saying, the 'church' is not a building but His followers.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#493288 Nov 20, 2013
The Jews knew very well that the ex-Jew Catholics had a desire to take Judaism off track and create a new religion totally at odds WITH Judaism. But the Jews were trampled on by Constantine's army that took the side of the Catholics.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Jesus is not a part of Judaism, and this is where two of earth's largest religions separate.

http://judaism.answers.com/jewish-history/wha...
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#493289 Nov 20, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm so happy to hear this Ltm, Praise God! I love you big sister.
Thank you little sis, Love you too.

Prince George, Canada

#493290 Nov 20, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither; Jesus is "THE KING OF KINGS, LORD OF LORDS HE REGEINS SUPREME . DON'T GET HIM MIXED UP WITH ONE OF YOUR PAGAN gods.
IN GODS KINGDOM THERE IS NO CATHOLIC OR PROTESTANT. THESE ARE RELIGIONS EARTHLY CREATED, NOT HEAVENLY CREATED.
There is an old saying ... "Shouting it loud doesn't make it right."

Prince George, Canada

#493291 Nov 20, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what we've been saying, the 'church' is not a building but His followers.
So Jesus' followers were Catholics??? That must have meant that (within the theology) he preached Catholicism rather than Judaism.

No wonder the Jews didn't and don't believe he was the messiah.

I vote (in this case) for the Jews.

Prince George, Canada

#493292 Nov 20, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#493293 Nov 20, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
The members of this Church have an earthly headquarters and its in Rome.
LTM

#493294 Nov 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to correct Abrahamic theology ... would his name be Jehovah, or maybe Elohim, or maybe Adonai???
I suggest you show some respect.
I suggest you address the person you are having this arguement with.
People who are wandering around in the dark such as yourself, shouldn't be addressing the things you know nothing of.
You don't believe in God nor do you know Him, so show some respect and don't talk about Him as if you do.
You truly are an oxymoron in motion. Your like a nasty tic that won't go away.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#493295 Nov 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Read my lips Rose: "The Catholic Church is the New Israel. The Catholic Church is His bride. The pope is His prime minister, the bishops and priests are His High Priests. The Blessed Virgin is His Queen Mother."
We unless your priests,never sinned ...they ate not high Priest ..Jesus,is.
http://biblehub.com/hebrews/4-15.htm

And being human they sin

And the HOLY City ..the New,Jerusalem shall be coming DOWN out of heaven.

I'm pretty sure if the Vatican had floated down out of the sky..someone would have noticed .

Pretty sure it was built by the money given by the faithful

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Seriously ...are you supposed to ADD TO THIS BOOK .it says,no ...

IT says nothing about Rome or the Vatican .

Now I know the book in some places is a bit hard as John was,looking into the future ..I'm no scholar ..BUT THAT PASSAGE IS QUITE CLEAR ..
HOLY CITY. NEW JERUSALEM ....

Prince George, Canada

#493296 Nov 20, 2013
When Luther started the Protestant religion, the pope and other Catholics were fit to be tied.

But when the Catholics started the religion that offended the Jews ... the Catholics didn't give a rat's ass about the feelings of the Jews.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following…………..

Assessments of Martin Luther (1483—1546) vary widely, depending on the stance of the assessor. To Pope Leo X he was stiff-necked notorious, damned heretic

Roman Catholic writers pictured Luther as a seven-headed monstrosity, a sick monk driven by sex, a desperate criminal, a destroyer of culture, a misguided radical.
LTM

#493297 Nov 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There is an old saying ... "Shouting it loud doesn't make it right."
Poor June, trying to be smart in her own eyes has become a fool.

Prince George, Canada

#493298 Nov 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm no scholar
Now don't be SHY. Your sermons are quite moving.

I haven't had to take a laxative for days on end.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#493299 Nov 20, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok hAve you been reading this,stuff..the Vatican is the New,Jerusalem..

..maybe hey did such a good job with their self proclaimed temple .

Jesus,won't bother with HIS Holy city ...For which HE SHOWED John ..km jus still shocked a this
truth

Australia

#493300 Nov 20, 2013
we never say yew..we say zid..

as i say to you

'if i need i will remove you all'
who say that
not me
i just wrote that you know

i am not working
no any diploma for your justification

do you need corupt evil wicket set up judgmend with corupt judges layers scribes this or that on most develish wicket corupt way of your corupt justice systems
no respect that sort evil game

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o

it is written
many many its not from real jesus christ
noooooooooooooooooo

Prince George, Canada

#493301 Nov 20, 2013
Martin Luther ... "A sick monk driven by sex."

Now THAT is hitting below the belt.

Prince George, Canada

#493302 Nov 20, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor June, trying to be smart in her own eyes has become a fool.
What do you mean "Become a fool." I've always been somebody or other's fool.

Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#493303 Nov 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
As I stated many times ...(within common-sense theology)... had Jesus lived, he would have been born a Jew and would have stayed faithful to Judaism for ETERNITY.
Religion is all self-serving mythical JUNK.
Nobody is reading your posts anymore. I just picked one and responded because every time i try and scroll, your name gets in the dang way. If you are trying to say something, its not working because nobody gives a rats behind what you got to say. Your posts are the same stuff over and over and over and over. Nothing changes from one day to the next. You ruined getting noticed. I bet if you toned it down to one post every couple hrs, people might read what you got to say. I know what your agenda is but it aint working because people see your name and skip right over it. I responded to you twice today and didn't waste my time reading your actual post. What a waste of time and energy from you. Go knit a Christmas sweater for your grandkids.
truth

Australia

#493304 Nov 20, 2013
all angels and demons will fall
ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaa

deceivers and possessors
are to much rich
to much powerful

anybody scare of that
noooooooooooooooooooooo

why should be

no you don't need be even jealous over them
nooooooooooooooooooo

Did I told you even ants have colony..yee!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#493305 Nov 20, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely correct. You remember the foolish Roman Catholic belief called TRANSUBSTANTIATION. You Romans literally believe the bread becomes the LITERAL body of Jesus and the wine becomes the LITERAL blood of Jesus when a perverted pedophile priest tells you it is.
Yes, we should not be TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO literal but you believe the world should be just literal enough to be a Roman Catholic.
1.“I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me shall not hunger.” John 6:35
As a Roman Catholic, after you eat the flesh of Jesus and drink the blood of Jesus, do you still get hungry? Literally you should never get hungry again. Right?
2.“I am the light of the world; he who fallows Me shall not walk in the darkness, but shall have the light of life.” John 8:12
As a Roman Catholic do you believe Jesus is a literal light? You know, like a light bulb. Does Jesus turn into a light bulb?
3.“I am the gate; if anyone enters through Me, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.” John 10:9
As a Roman Catholic do you believe Jesus is a literal gate? You know, like a wooden gate. Does Jesus become wood or some other substance used to make gates?
4.“I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for His sheep.” John 10:11
As a Roman Catholic was Jesus ever a literal shepherd? You know, like a shepherd for literal sheep?
5. I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me shall live even if he dies.” John 11:25
6.“I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me.” John 14:6
As a Roman Catholic do you believe Jesus becomes a "direction"? You know like North, South, East or West?
7. "I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.” John 15:1
As a Roman Catholic do you believe Jesus becomes a literal "vine"? You know, like the vine that holds grapes and such?
Oh well, Roman Catholics only interpret the Bible literally to fit their theology. Or.......maybe not. Maybe you believe Jesus is not only literal bread, but a literal gate, a literal light, a literal shepherd, a literal direction and a literal vine. Is this what you believe????? I mean LITERALLY believe!!!
And he VATICAN did not come down from the sky at the Return of the Lord
http://www.catholicbible101.com/thechurchthen...
truth

Australia

#493306 Nov 20, 2013
many priest not going on donkey
no even with sandals no

are you for sure priest and churches are not rich or powerful..

oh poor Jesus Christ

Did they swear to poor Jesus Christ?
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 13 min barry 84,133
News Pope on free speech: What about turning the oth... 34 min ELIAS IBARRA 14
News Pope Holds Meeting to Encourage Adoption of U.N... 1 hr ELIAS IBARRA 11
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Mr Sir 9,206
News Woman excommunicated from Catholic Church calls... 6 hr Sicko 3
News Pinoys in NY prepare for Calungsod's sainthood (Aug '12) Sun untilthelighttak ... 209
News Cuban bishop says news of papal visit brings 'h... May 1 the AWSOME Cowboy 1
More from around the web