Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641599 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493490 Nov 21, 2013
All religion equates to word-tampering.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

What's the difference between the Torah and the old testament?

Best AnswerAsker's Choice

OK, let's clarify:

Firstly, the 'old testament' is a Christian text. It is not the Jewish scriptures, though many assume it is. But the OT is the Christianised and often MIStranslated version of the Jewish bible, the Tanakh.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493491 Nov 21, 2013
Catholics wrote the new testament.

Why do you suppose they referred to it AS the new testament???

The word NEW insinuates that the creator has updated the latest news from on high and that according to the creator the old religion was based on lies and in turn its sin-filled wicked believers ought to be put to death.

That is what the Catholics WANTED you to believe, and that is how they vilified all of Judaism as being based on lies.

I suggest that concerning theology, old AND new is based on nothing but mythical peace disturbing rubbish.
Catholic Girl

United States

#493492 Nov 21, 2013
Just wondering here, June what makes you such an authority on religion and God?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#493493 Nov 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
In order to spot the lies in one's own religion, one must study all other religions with an objective attitude.
Otherwise your own religion will keep feeding your ego with the silly notion that YOU own truth.
now that makes sence

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#493494 Nov 21, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>I think so too.
You don't even know the teachings of your own church let alone what the Orthodox believe. We are all still waiting for...WHERE IN THE BIBLE IS FATIMA?...
Michael

Canada

#493495 Nov 21, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Rose, I told you and so did another poster. cathlicbible101.com made it very clear, the site is an apologetic site where it explains why and what to tell protestants who misunderstand. Christ is an extension of Judaism, Christ founded the Catholic Church, Peter was the first Pope, nothing will destroy the Church. Why would God not want the jews to know and love His Son? The Jews will one day . Maybe not the way you want it, but they will even if its when they die and meet Him for the first time. This post is not meant to upset you or harass you like you think or maybe purposely say . Another thing, we are not to dwell on the end times , Christ said this.
Christianity will one day hit the skids like the Dodo bird. Today in western europe where christianity first put down roots, is fast moving away from christianity today. France boasts 85% baptized catholics yet today less than 7 out of every 100 french catholics actually practices their faith. The faithful in Ireland, Spain, Italy, Germany, USA, Canada are fast becoming catholics in name only.

The new "joiners" of christianity today are in very poor uneducated parts of the world where people have hit bottom and grasping for "something" religion is their only choice. Down the road once they too have attained prosperity christianity will disappear much like almost all former beliefs from the past have done.

The fastest growing segment of people in america today are non believers. Most born of christian heritage are people for the first time actually thinking for themselves and not becoming the family tradition of becoming what mom and dad want them to become..........just like them!

I bring information that all should know, but don't want to believe.
Michael

Canada

#493496 Nov 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Never really left protestantism have ya? Does Nick know?
....Imagine if by CHANCE you were born into a loving protestant or othodox belief instead of born by CHANCE into your catholic belief?

.... Do you actually believe you would have found your way to catholicism?

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493497 Nov 21, 2013
I suggest that there never were gods destroying temples or anything on earth whatsoever ... but there WERE plenty of men to commit such deeds.

Religion was a prize to the winners and it meant torture and death to the losers ... so which group in their right minds would want to be perceived as evil offenders of a god or gods.

The theologians had to be cunning and use whatever means available to them to gain a following and military might, so that other groups of religious bandits would not come out on TOP.

Meanwhile the theologians kept on writing nonsense to instill fear and hatred in the followers.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Why the Almighty Caused Jerusalem and His Temple to be Destroyed

http://www.josephus.org/causeofDestruct.htm

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493498 Nov 21, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
Just wondering here, June what makes you such an authority on religion and God?
I don't believe in the existence of a god. And the word "authority" is your projection ... not mine.

I am a learner, and learners do not claim authority.

On the other hand those in religion claim to have authority in the attitude of owning the one and only truth in the universe.

I suggest that you are all barking up the wrong tree.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493499 Nov 21, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity will one day hit the skids like the Dodo bird.
I suggest you keep in mind that many ex-Christians are joining Wicca.

The thrills of perceiving that believers can manipulate the elements, keeps religion alive and unwell.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#493500 Nov 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
I HAD HEARD IT BEFORE ..EARLY ON THIS FORUM..SAY 2008. FROM PAUL IN CHARLESTON WV.
I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT I REALLY EXPECTED YOU TO HAVE MORE GUMPTION THAN..
TO ATTEMPT TO STEAL THE APPLE RIGHT OUT OF GOD'S EYE
Zec 2:7 Deliver thyself, O Zion, that dwellest with the daughter of Babylon.
Zec 2:8 For thus saith the LORD of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye.
~~~~

The treachery of Roman Catholicism has no bounds...

As if it is not enough to attempt to put a monopoly(claim a franchise )upon the blood of Jesus...

It attempt to usurp the covenant of Abraham...

This evil attempts to destroy/NEGATE the ETERNAL COVENANT that God made with ABRAHAM in GENESIS

Gen_15:18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:

Gen_17:2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

Gen_17:4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

Gen_17:7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

Gen_17:9 And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations.

Gen_17:10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.

Gen_17:11 And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.

Gen_17:13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.

Gen_17:14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

Gen_17:19 And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.

Gen_17:21 But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.

...A MOVE TO ASSUME ITSELF IT THE HERITAGE OF ISRAEL

literally attempting to STEALING the inheritance of ABRAHAM'S
descendents....SPIRITUALLY AND PHYSICALLY AND

FINALIZEING THE USURPATION OF THE THRONE OF DAVID .

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493501 Nov 21, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Imagine if by CHANCE you were born into a loving protestant or othodox belief instead of born by CHANCE into your catholic belief?
Robert F stated that he was at one time a Protestant ... who later became a Catholic ... then an Atheist ... and now once again a Catholic.

Many people jump to and fro around the pastures ... searching for greener grass.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#493502 Nov 21, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Nick feels the same way bubba....
Nick thinks everything in Catholic links is untruthful? I doubt it.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493503 Nov 21, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>now that makes sence
Sense to one person is idiocy to another.

And concerning the ignorance of humans, that's what makes the world continue to keep spinning around.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#493504 Nov 21, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>If that was suppose to be an insult to me it didn't work.
No insult intended, just a bit of sadness that you would make a statement so reminiscent of protestant bigotry.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493505 Nov 21, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
And you are a spinner of words if there EVER was a spinner.

The idea that a Jewish god adheres to Protestant theology is funny ... from a distance. But for the one (such as you) that is stuck in the mindset, it's very serious "business" indeed.

You believe you have to alert all people of the world to hear you ... before the no-name god punishes them for eternity.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493506 Nov 21, 2013
<quoted text>
You are NOT searching for greener pastures ... as you believe the Protestants are found in the most lush pastures on earth ... and have no need to take their thoughts further.

You believe that your religion is a slam-dunk.

Arrogance is your LOT.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

slam dunk

noun
Basketball

a shot in which a player thrusts the ball down through the basket.
"they won on a slam dunk with two seconds remaining"

https://www.google.ca/#q=slam+dunk+definition

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493507 Nov 21, 2013
All people in their own individual religions PRIZE their own religion as the one and ONLY crowning glory.

If that were not so, there would BE no religion.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#493508 Nov 21, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
12But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, 13who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493509 Nov 21, 2013
When I was under the spell of religion, I could never in good conscience swallow the idea that a creator would find me any more special than another human ... no matter whether the human was in or NOT in religion.

I am thankful the I kept that attitude to this day, as it is what eventually freed me from all words taught by the language-manipulating theologians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr I recently left 10,106
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) Fri Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... Fri truth 55
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May 24 Bullet Proof Pope 1
News Pope Francis: Islam's Friend, Christianity's Foe? May 23 naman 1
News Pope Francis meets with victims of child sexual... May 20 humor in everything 2
News Pope says he's willing to study women deacons, ... May 16 Redeemed 3
More from around the web