Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692113 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#493504 Nov 21, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>If that was suppose to be an insult to me it didn't work.
No insult intended, just a bit of sadness that you would make a statement so reminiscent of protestant bigotry.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493505 Nov 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
And you are a spinner of words if there EVER was a spinner.

The idea that a Jewish god adheres to Protestant theology is funny ... from a distance. But for the one (such as you) that is stuck in the mindset, it's very serious "business" indeed.

You believe you have to alert all people of the world to hear you ... before the no-name god punishes them for eternity.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493506 Nov 21, 2013
<quoted text>
You are NOT searching for greener pastures ... as you believe the Protestants are found in the most lush pastures on earth ... and have no need to take their thoughts further.

You believe that your religion is a slam-dunk.

Arrogance is your LOT.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

slam dunk

noun
Basketball

a shot in which a player thrusts the ball down through the basket.
"they won on a slam dunk with two seconds remaining"

https://www.google.ca/#q=slam+dunk+definition
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493507 Nov 21, 2013
All people in their own individual religions PRIZE their own religion as the one and ONLY crowning glory.

If that were not so, there would BE no religion.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#493508 Nov 21, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Imagine if by CHANCE you were born into a loving protestant or othodox belief instead of born by CHANCE into your catholic belief?
.... Do you actually believe you would have found your way to catholicism?
12But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, 13who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493509 Nov 21, 2013
When I was under the spell of religion, I could never in good conscience swallow the idea that a creator would find me any more special than another human ... no matter whether the human was in or NOT in religion.

I am thankful the I kept that attitude to this day, as it is what eventually freed me from all words taught by the language-manipulating theologians.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#493510 Nov 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ego flourishes on the one-up-man-ship attitude that homosexuals are vile to a creator, while heterosexuals are his shining "STARS" ... as in Hollywood-stars.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Assyrian clay tablet points to 'Sodom and Gomorrah' asteroid
A Cuneiform clay tablet which for over 150 years defied attempts at interpretation has now been revealed to describe an asteroid impact which in 3123 BC hit Köfels, Austria, leaving in its wake a trail of destruction which may acccount for the biblical tale of Sodom and Gomorrah.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/31/kofel ...
I did not post that, it originally came from OXbore. just the facts maam, JUST THE FACTS.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493511 Nov 21, 2013
If I was raised by wolves, what would I know of religion? What would I know of anything but my will to survive?

Humans in religion are greedy. The will to continue after death of human bodies keeps the greed of religion alive and extremely UNWELL.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#493512 Nov 21, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
The treachery of Roman Catholicism has no bounds...
As if it is not enough to attempt to put a monopoly(claim a franchise )upon the blood of Jesus...
It attempt to usurp the covenant of Abraham...
This evil attempts to destroy/NEGATE the ETERNAL COVENANT that God made with ABRAHAM in GENESIS
Gen_15:18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:
Gen_17:2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.
Gen_17:4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.
Gen_17:7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.
Gen_17:9 And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations.
Gen_17:10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.
Gen_17:11 And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.
Gen_17:13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.
Gen_17:14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.
Gen_17:19 And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.
Gen_17:21 But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.
...A MOVE TO ASSUME ITSELF IT THE HERITAGE OF ISRAEL
literally attempting to STEALING the inheritance of ABRAHAM'S
descendents....SPIRITUALLY AND PHYSICALLY AND
FINALIZING THE USURPATION OF THE THRONE OF DAVID .
~~~
WHAT The Bible says

concerning the position of the Jews and heritage of the gentiles...

Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.

Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

NOTE
Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Rom 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
Rom 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493513 Nov 21, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
12But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,
Is your image of a god named Jehovah, or Elohim, or Adonai???

After all ... the Jewish image is the ONLY image of a god in the Abrahamic theology ... PERIOD.

Thou shalt not make a god OVER into your own Catholic religion's image.

tongue in cheek
marge

Leesburg, GA

#493514 Nov 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The New Israel,(Jesus' church,) is a spiritually defined people with whom God deals with mainly on a spiritual level (NOT a so-called church here on earth, physical but SPIRITUAL.)
James 1:18
He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.

1 Peter 1:23
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#493515 Nov 21, 2013
The fall of Israel is
I. Temporary (verses 11-16).
1. It was overruled for the benefit of the world, because in consequence of their unbelief the preachers of the gospel turned to the Gentiles (Act_13:16).
2. Their fulness—
(1) Must be the occasion of still greater blessing (Rom_11:12-15).
(2) Must be the reflex effect of the success of the gospel among the Gentiles (Rom_11:13-14).
(3) Is guaranteed by the firstfruits (Rom_11:15-16).
II. Admonitory.
1. We should not despise but pity them (Rom_11:17-18).
2. Their fall—
(1) Is a warning to us (Rom_11:19-21).
(2) Should excite admiration of the goodness and severity of God (Rom_11:22).
(3) Should awaken hope and efforts for their recovery.(J. Lyth, D.D)
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493516 Nov 21, 2013
To be stuck in one's own personalized religion is the nature of all religious cults.

The example of most mindsets in the cults are ... "MINE" ... "LOOK AT ME" ... "GOD believes I am wonderful ... and you are evil trash."

YUCK!!!
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493517 Nov 21, 2013
The fall of Israel is
I. Temporary (verses 11-16).
1. It was overruled for the benefit of the world, because in consequence of their unbelief the preachers of the gospel turned to the Gentiles (Act_13:16).
2. Their fulness—
(1) Must be the occasion of still greater blessing (Rom_11:12-15).
(2) Must be the reflex effect of the success of the gospel among the Gentiles (Rom_11:13-14).
(3) Is guaranteed by the firstfruits (Rom_11:15-16).
II. Admonitory.
1. We should not despise but pity them (Rom_11:17-18).
2. Their fall—
(1) Is a warning to us (Rom_11:19-21).
(2) Should excite admiration of the goodness and severity of God (Rom_11:22).
(3) Should awaken hope and efforts for their recovery.(J. Lyth, D.D)
Arrogance is your lot, and you will live with it until you die ... unless of course you choose to see beyond such arrogance.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493519 Nov 21, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
James 1:18
He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.
1 Peter 1:23
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.
If you never owned or even knew of the existence of a bible ... how could you brag about your own concept of you deserving salvation?
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493520 Nov 21, 2013
Truthful theology.

:)

I am the creator, and I am fed up with you stupid humans believing that your religions please me.

You deserve a kick in your butts ... and now I wash my invisible hands of all of you.

Do what you will as I could care less!!!
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493521 Nov 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No insult intended, just a bit of sadness that you would make a statement so reminiscent of protestant bigotry.
Do you not see how Catholic and Protestant theologians taught you to fight among each other?

Is that what you believe religion should do TO you?
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#493522 Nov 21, 2013
Martin Luther, the dead-headed monk, came alive when he became the leader of his newly devised Protestant religion.

WHAT A THRILL for dear old Martin.

NOW he was POWERFUL and he could compete with the pope and show the pope who was BOSS.

If you don't see these issues, you don't WANT to see.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#493523 Nov 21, 2013
http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/Pair-Escap... .

the only thing that didn't burn was a family bible

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#493525 Nov 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
To be stuck in one's own personalized religion is the nature of all religious cults.
The example of most mindsets in the cults are ... "MINE" ... "LOOK AT ME" ... "GOD believes I am wonderful ... and you are evil trash."
YUCK!!!
Taking from your posts I see that U really think that this religious stuff has always been since the beginning of conscious thought a bunch of crock and a waste of mind, am I right?! Good...ok...how far would U think humanity would have come if their was no concept of a deity? And I don't expect one of your sarcastic or "smart-ass" comments. I DO expect a grown-up explanation (not that I'm putting U on the stand) because U seem to have a utopian view of history without religion. I'm just asking for an intelligently put-together scenario of mankind without that concept of religion. Not about what would not have happen...but what would have resulted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... Dec 12 Frindly 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 4 Mr Sir 10,694
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov 27 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov '17 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov '17 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct '17 The Bible Student 1
More from around the web