Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 691986 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Pearsall, Australia

#493393 Nov 20, 2013
o well if you never have few sheeps then you did not know who have poor sandals donky and how they call every mother..

What nice evil satanic corupt diploma say..every mother is whore..for 4000 years are some..

don't go to school any more
don't respect any institution or authority any more
don't shake hand with them
no sit not eat with them

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyy

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#493394 Nov 20, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm shocked after two + yrs on topix, you guys are acting like this is the first you've heard of this. It isn't a new teaching...
Jesus is God. He started a Church. Obviously this Church is now the new Israel because its founder is the Christ.
lol, there is NO new Israel. She is the same NATION(SEE THAT) as she has always been.

and some day, she will again be the Bride of God the Father(I put that in to help you out, Oxbore) and also Jesus will have His Bride, the Born Again Church

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#493395 Nov 20, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You say you grew up Catholic and were taught by the nun?
We aren't revealing anything new here. Jesus came as God. Him giving Peter the keys and the Apostles authority, He thereby establishes the new Israel. Thats sola scripture. The topology of the old flowing into the new and the new revealing the old is what the Church always taught. Its all right in front of you guys and you can't see it.
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Since Scripture was inspired by the Holy Spirit, are you not calling Him a liar???

The keys to the kingdom of heaven:

The image of the keys is probably drawn from Is 22:15–25 where Eliakim, who succeeds Shebnah as master of the palace, is given “the key of the house of David,” which he authoritatively “opens” and “shuts”(Mt 22:22).

Whatever you bind…loosed in heaven: there are many instances in rabbinic literature of the binding-loosing imagery. Of the several meanings given there to the metaphor, two are of special importance here: the giving of authoritative teaching, and the lifting or imposing of the ban of excommunication. It is disputed whether the image of the keys and that of binding and loosing are different metaphors meaning the same thing. In any case, the promise of the keys is given to Peter alone. In Mt 18:18 all the disciples are given the power of binding and loosing, but the context of that verse suggests that there the power of excommunication alone is intended. That the keys are those to the kingdom of heaven and that Peter’s exercise of authority in the church on earth will be confirmed in heaven show an intimate connection between, but not an identification of, the church and the kingdom of heaven.

So says your pope approved Bible...it says nothin' about the "New Israel!!!!!
truth

Pearsall, Australia

#493396 Nov 20, 2013
why you need go in wicket satanic school
why you need seek justice from wsicket diploma

serve your drug duillers tv radio and so on whoresssssssssss

they can help you
sit with them
eat with them

not meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
serve your evilllllllllllll
respect your evil

not me

Did you know why god is stupid?
truth

Pearsall, Australia

#493397 Nov 20, 2013
everything stay in holy scripture

Location hidden

#493398 Nov 20, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The members of this Church have an earthly headquarters and its in Rome.
There is a Roman Catholic denomination with headquarters at the vatacan......

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#493399 Nov 20, 2013
at no time does the Bible explicitly say that we the Born Again Church becomes aNation.

Question: "What does it mean that the church is the bride of Christ?"

Answer: The imagery and symbolism of marriage is applied to Christ and the body of believers known as the church. These are those who have trusted in Jesus Christ as their personal savior and have received eternal life. In the New Testament, Christ, the Bridegroom, has sacrificially and lovingly chosen the church to be His bride (Ephesians 5:25-27). Just as there was a betrothal period in biblical times during which the bride and groom were separated until the wedding, so is the bride of Christ separate from her Bridegroom during the church age. Her responsibility during the betrothal period is to be faithful to Him (2 Corinthians 11:2; Ephesians 5:24). At the Second Coming of Christ, the church will be united with the Bridegroom, the official "wedding ceremony" will take place and, with it, the eternal union of Christ and His bride will be actualized (Revelation 19:7-9; 21:1-2).

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/bride-of-Christ.h...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#493400 Nov 20, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I just wanted to reply to this so your link will appear above. I can't provide links from my phone so I'm cheating. Its worth going into this subject more, although I think we're going to get even more hatred directed at us.
Have a good night. And go gophers.(I'm going to the game Saturday)
Go Gophers! Gonna be a chilly one. Love to beat them Badgers...
truth

Pearsall, Australia

#493401 Nov 20, 2013
it is written
deceivers and possessors are who

pray for deceivers kingdom
why
is there been who
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#493402 Nov 20, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I will be honest with you...I read nothing coming from a Catholic link if I want the truth.
Never really left protestantism have ya? Does Nick know?

Location hidden

#493403 Nov 20, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says we are changing scripture? The Bible doesn't interpret itself, Rose. It takes an infallible authority to interpret it.
So are you *that* authority that says the Catholic Church changes scripture? Is Preston or Confrint that authority??
I'm always surprised how the fundie pastors say the Bible interprets itself...Then when you say it says X, they say 'no no no, it says Z... When you say it says X again, they call you a stupid moron and say,'this verse says this, so this verse undoes this verse this verse says this and look at this verse, you are going to hell for being catholic' lol.
Stay away from them. If you were really a catholic before, you could easily go to Confession and partake in the Eucharist, and you won't be at war with the new Israel anymore.
A Christian has no need to interpret the Sacred Infallible Word of God...

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Location hidden

#493404 Nov 20, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
didn't you ever wonder why the Roman empire failed to topple the Catholic Church for 300 yrs? in the end they ended up converting. The Muslims tried. The Turks. Napoleon kidnapped the Pope and failed. Stalin scoffed at the Church who 'didn't have any tanks to stop him'. Yet he failed in destroying this Church. Hitler surrounded Rome and couldn't topple it .
Its because the Catholic Church is the new Israel and per Jesus' own words: "the gates of hell shall never prevail against it". Our Lord wasn't lying Rose. No country on the planet has ever out lived the Catholic Church.
The Roman Catholic church is a denomination....nothing more...
truth

Pearsall, Australia

#493405 Nov 20, 2013
it is written
i am not going
where you going

where is there any together

not exist
as not will be
neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

who come devided
posto tvoj mol-mladez
is that skin cancer

Is your grandmother have bradavica on nos?

Did your father drink wine from bukara or golden and silver cup?

Did your grandmother or mother have 50 kg on back as burilo with water?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#493406 Nov 20, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the Orthodox teach that the Church Jesus started is the new Israel. And they believe they are that Church..
I'll look it up tomorrow.
Your claiming that Jesus started the catholic church (your church) and your saying also that the orthodox church believes that your church is the new Israel? If the orthodox church doesnt believe that your church is the church that Christ founded,then How could they believe that your church is the new Israel?

Location hidden

#493407 Nov 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Nick feels the same way bubba....
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#493408 Nov 20, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I just wanted to reply to this so your link will appear above. I can't provide links from my phone so I'm cheating. Its worth going into this subject more, although I think we're going to get even more hatred directed at us.
Have a good night. And go gophers.(I'm going to the game Saturday)
I'd love to go to that game to get the axe back. Not sure the Defense can hold them though. I guess we shall see, but it's good to see them winning again despite all Coaches illness.

For your edification. Its not really worth going into anything with these people they close their eyes to everything and Rozezology is mind boggling. lol Sere is completely ignorant of her own Faith. There is evengelical replacement theology, millenialism etc the various beliefs of Protestants is too numerous to list. The early Fathers had much to say on this.

Im so happy to watch how you have grown. Keep studying and take what you learn and share it with those who will listen. They will try to tell us what we believe whats new? Just add it to the ignorance and lies spewed daily and seek deeper. The church said its the new Jerusalem? LOL No the New Isareal yes, but what that means isnt what they arbitrarily and ingorantly assign a meaning to. We are all one in Christ and he started a Church. One faith, One Baptism, One Lord.

http://www.hebrewcatholic.net/jewish-roots-of...

Roy Schoeman has hosted a one-hour weekly call-in radio show, Salvations is from the Jews, on the global Catholic network Radio Maria.

The show explores 1) the Jewish roots of the Catholic Faith, 2) the many ways that Judaism foreshadows the Church and the Church fulfills Judaism, 3) the role of Judaism in salvation history from a Catholic perspective, and 4) the conversion of the Jews.

Location hidden

#493409 Nov 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
If that was suppose to be an insult to me it didn't work.
truth

Pearsall, Australia

#493410 Nov 20, 2013
it is written
-don't be deceived

who will speak another satanic beast speaker

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#493411 Nov 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Its beyond you, I know. I suppose it's best to talk to you using single syllable words...
I HAD HEARD IT BEFORE ..EARLY ON THIS FORUM..SAY 2008. FROM PAUL IN CHARLESTON WV.

I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT I REALLY EXPECTED YOU TO HAVE MORE GUMPTION THAN..

TO ATTEMPT TO STEAL THE APPLE RIGHT OUT OF GOD'S EYE

Zec 2:7 Deliver thyself, O Zion, that dwellest with the daughter of Babylon.

Zec 2:8 For thus saith the LORD of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye.

Location hidden

#493412 Nov 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I have several translations of the bible. None of them say the Catholic Church is the harlot in Revelation. Which bible do you have naming the Catholic Church as the harlot?
Here is no mystical or allegorical language but an unambiguous statement in plain words: "The woman ... is that great city." There is no justification for seeking some other hidden meaning. Yet books have been written and sermons preached insisting that "Mystery Babylon" is the United States. That is clearly not the case, for the United States is a country, not a city. One might justifiably refer to the United States as Sodom, considering the honor now given to homosexuals, but it is definitely not the Babylon that John sees in this vision. The woman is a city.

Furthermore, she is a city built on seven hills. That specification eliminates ancient Babylon. Only one city has for more than 2000 years been known as the city on seven hills. That city is Rome. The Catholic Encyclopedia states: "It is within the city of Rome, called the city of seven hills, that the entire area of Vatican State proper is now confined."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... 15 hr Frindly 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 4 Mr Sir 10,694
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov 27 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov '17 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov '17 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct '17 The Bible Student 1
More from around the web