Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,780
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#492958 Nov 19, 2013
Wiccans are a crafty bunch in deed.

They welcome Christians into their cults, but when the Wiccans land behind bars, they don't want a Christian minister or priest preaching at them.

How funny and how transparent are their aims.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#492959 Nov 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
clay to Ordain a person, other ministers are called to come and to lay hands on that person, and it cant be done via telephone, telegraph or other means.
what other kind of lies have you been exposed to?
Yes I know. For $29.99 you can become an ordained minister who's recognized by the State of MN. I know someone who's doing it to perform their sisters wedding next summer. And the funny thing is, you can't say anything about it. They are as legit as anyone else who reads a bible and ordaines themselves.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#492960 Nov 19, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God"
Self
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You use the term God as though your definition of a god is the be-all and end-all concerning the corralling of absolute truth. But there were and are countless gods living in imaginations all over the globe known as earth.
You are simply arrogant enough to believe that your SELF aligns to the highest knowledge available to all humans.
You are right - my apologies.

Let me correct it.....

"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of Quetzalcoatl"

Is that better?

Albuquerque, NM

#492961 Nov 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are simply arrogant enough to believe that your SELF aligns to the highest knowledge available to all humans.
Oh I see now. Just because you don't think of yourself very highly in regards to being respectful and helpful to others, you have to include me in your projection.

uh-huh, sure.

My Self does align with "the highest knowledge to all humans".

Are you jealous?

Nana-nana-boo-boo!!

;o)
Liam

Chicago, IL

#492962 Nov 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>and to many if not most, these [writings] of clement are spurious to say the least, also Paul is making it very clear that this Clement is[was] a fellowworker in the Preaching of the gospel and no doubt is from Phillipi.
try your best to learn and not depend on spam.
You only call Clement and Ignatius' letters 'spam' because they contradict you. You're not alone though, they contradict all of Protestantland and every man made doctrine y'all introduced after 1600 AD. If short, you've got no choice to ignore them if you want to save your reputation.

Prince George, Canada

#492963 Nov 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
clay to Ordain a person, other ministers are called to come and to lay hands on that person, and it cant be done via telephone, telegraph or other means.
what other kind of lies have you been exposed to?
Wiccans don't have to abide by those rules.

They can just say "I am a witch, and let my will be done."

I suggest your religion is too much like "work" and that is why so many Christians are joining Wicca.

And besides ... the Wiccan goddess loves everybody.

I suggest that that is why Wiccans want their own preachers adorning them in prisons.

Which Wiccan in his her right mind wants to be informed that if he/she doesn't become a Catholic, or a Protestant ... the no-name god will reject them and they will have to spend eternity in hell?

THAT is a step backwards in the realm of mythical belief.

:)

:)

Albuquerque, NM

#492964 Nov 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Wiccans are a crafty bunch in deed.
They welcome Christians into their cults, but when the Wiccans land behind bars, they don't want a Christian minister or priest preaching at them.
How funny and how transparent are their aims.
Everyone has to pay their dues to get into the positions people are in.

Inclusive of a priest converting to Wiccan.

a. The priest may not be qualified in Wiccan ceremonies in order to take that hat.
b. More than likely, the priest is very unknowledgeable in Wicca, which would also negate his ability to perform his duties in a role like that

With just these two characteristics - showing how priest would be disqualified to what you would expect - shows that you didn't think rationally and logically before you posted.

You really should do more research, instead of thinking what you know is accurate.

Prince George, Canada

#492965 Nov 19, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I know. For $29.99 you can become an ordained minister who's recognized by the State of MN. I know someone who's doing it to perform their sisters wedding next summer. And the funny thing is, you can't say anything about it. They are as legit as anyone else who reads a bible and ordaines themselves.
Sour grapes will make you a preacher with more threats of hell and damnation for others ... but it's all been done before. And today the Muslims are even more proficient with their threats than were and are the Christians.

Albuquerque, NM

#492966 Nov 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is based on GREED.
"The creator not only loves humans more than other forms of life, but he loves me and my religion and rejects those in other religions.
And it is TRUE because 'I' said it is true."
Is this why you decided to stay with it for 70 yrs?

Were you greedy?

Prince George, Canada

#492967 Nov 19, 2013
Note the "reasons" for not taking up arms.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Christian Villagers in Syria Face Dilemma about Taking up Arms

Mon 18 Nov 2013

“Will we arm ourselves against the nearby Sunnis? To get to us they have to first pass through all the neighbouring Alawite villages, and if they do manage to pass through and get to us, we won’t be able to fight them with the limited weapons we’ll have.”

“If we’re fighting the Alawite villages it means we’re fighting the whole government, and no matter how strong our weapons are, we can’t stand up to that. And we have to ask ourselves another question: who among us will carry these weapons? Who will willingly give them to their sons?”

His interjection finally calmed the debate.

http://www.syrianobserver.com/Features/Featur...

Prince George, Canada

#492968 Nov 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Is this why you decided to stay with it for 70 yrs?
Were you greedy?
When I was under the spell of religion, I believed the one god loved everybody equally.

If that is greed ... then so be it.
Human Being

Arnaudville, LA

#492969 Nov 19, 2013
<quoted text>
"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God"
Self
New Age Spiritual Leader

Peace

“How can you draw close to God when you are far from your own self? Grant, Lord, that I may know myself, that I may know thee.”, Approximately A.D. 400, St. Augustine.

Its nice to see you.(smiles)

I think there is a lot of conflict within a person. It stems from a period of time as a child, when without understanding, one processed information. Such information must be re-examined, as experienced when understanding develops.

However that lack of understanding when one is young, is not an excuse, merely a phase in developing experience and thought.

There is a then a need to unify, which often people become conflicted in, or do not seek to unify, and remain under-developed as mature human beings....

Peace

Prince George, Canada

#492970 Nov 19, 2013
In the theocratic Muslim countries, Christian missionaries and their children as comparable to sitting ducks in a pond surrounded by duck-hunters.

And they are as hated by the Muslims, as would be expected, when they keep insisting that Islam is a false religion.

Until we rid the earth of religion ... the killing will not subside.

Prince George, Canada

#492971 Nov 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Everyone has to pay their dues to get into the positions people are in.
Inclusive of a priest converting to Wiccan.
a. The priest may not be qualified in Wiccan ceremonies in order to take that hat.
b. More than likely, the priest is very unknowledgeable in Wicca, which would also negate his ability to perform his duties in a role like that
With just these two characteristics - showing how priest would be disqualified to what you would expect - shows that you didn't think rationally and logically before you posted.
You really should do more research, instead of thinking what you know is accurate.
Religion is based on power plays.

You are an example with your blathering of SELF-dogma at every turn of the pages in your gnostic gospels.

One of the most underhanded humans with which I conversed on the threads of these forums was not a Christian, but rather was a Wiccan self-proclaimed witch.

Theology is all about blathering nonsense and that includes YOUR theology.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#492972 Nov 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
In the theocratic Muslim countries, Christian missionaries and their children as comparable to sitting ducks in a pond surrounded by duck-hunters.
And they are as hated by the Muslims, as would be expected, when they keep insisting that Islam is a false religion.
Until we rid the earth of religion ... the killing will not subside.
Muslim religion is a false religion made up by people who haven't a clue who God is..

Prince George, Canada

#492973 Nov 19, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a then a need to unify,
States the Catholic, whose idol is the anti-Semitic John Chrysostom.

Do you expect others to unify to Catholicism, as did your pope when he expected Anglicans to come running back to the Vatican to kiss his ring and other parts of his self-perceived holy body???
Liam

Chicago, IL

#492974 Nov 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Sour grapes will make you a preacher with more threats of hell and damnation for others ... but it's all been done before. And today the Muslims are even more proficient with their threats than were and are the Christians.
There are either two June VanderMarks or your meth head who's been up since yesterday morning. No way does a person post that much. Do you have employees at individual computers doing word job?? wow

Albuquerque, NM

#492975 Nov 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was under the spell of religion, I believed the one god loved everybody equally.
If that is greed ... then so be it.
It isn't according to your theory - "religion is based upon greed".

What you say above is not.

It sounds more like YOU CHOSE to believe what you thought religion is supposed to be.

Self.

Prince George, Canada

#492976 Nov 19, 2013
Religion by its division, can not unify.

The arrogance of each preacher in each individual cult makes it a certainty that religion stays divided.

The fact that the Christian religion alone has split into approximately 38,000 divisive groups ought to make it plain that religion is based on nothing but right-fighting egos, ever waiting and eager to attack those with different opinions.

Albuquerque, NM

#492977 Nov 19, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader
Peace
“How can you draw close to God when you are far from your own self? Grant, Lord, that I may know myself, that I may know thee.”, Approximately A.D. 400, St. Augustine.
Its nice to see you.(smiles)
I think there is a lot of conflict within a person. It stems from a period of time as a child, when without understanding, one processed information. Such information must be re-examined, as experienced when understanding develops.
However that lack of understanding when one is young, is not an excuse, merely a phase in developing experience and thought.
There is a then a need to unify, which often people become conflicted in, or do not seek to unify, and remain under-developed as mature human beings....
Peace
Then why do you think religion rejects this needed component, yet promotes it throughout?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... 18 hr Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 20 hr pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... 20 hr PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••