Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590535 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#492933 Nov 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
JESUS SAID
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot -->see<--
-->SEE<-- DEFINED IN GREEK
G1492
&#949;&#953;&#787; &#769;&#948;&#969;
eido&#772;
i'-do
A primary verb; used only in certain past tenses, the others being borrowed from the equivalent, G3700 and G3708; properly to see (literally or figuratively); by implication (in the perfect only) to know:- be aware, behold, X can (+ not tell), consider,(have) known (-ledge), look (on), perceive, see, be sure, tell, understand, wist, wot. Compare G3700.
the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is =-->born<--=
=-->BORN <--= DEFINED IN GREEK
G1080
&#947;&#949;&#957; &#957;&#945;&#769; &#969;
gennao&#772;
ghen-nah'-o
From a variation of G1085; to procreate (properly of the father, but by extension of the mother); figuratively to regenerate:- bear, beget, be born, bring forth, conceive, be delivered of, gender, make, spring.
of the
---> flesh is flesh;<---
--->FLESH<--- DEFINED IN GREEK
G4561
&#963;&#945;&#769; &#961;&#958;
sarx
sarx
Probably from the base of G4563; flesh (as stripped of the skin), that is,(strictly) the meat of an animal (as food), or (by extension) the body (as opposed to the soul (or spirit), or as the symbol of what is external, or as the means of kindred, or (by implication) human nature (with its frailties (physically or morally) and passions), or (specifically) a human being (as such):- carnal (-ly,+-ly minded), flesh ([-ly]).
and that which is born of the
===> Spirit is spirit.<===
===>SPIRIT<=== DEFINED IN GREEK
G4151
&#960;&#957;&#949; &#965;&#834;&#956; &#945;
pneuma
pnyoo'-mah
From G4154; a current of air, that is, breath (blast) or a breeze; by analogy or figuratively a spirit, that is,(human) the rational soul,(by implication) vital principle, mental disposition, etc., or (superhuman) an angel, daemon, or (divine) God, Christís spirit, the Holy spirit:- ghost, life, spirit (-ual,-ually), mind. Compare G5590.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye
--=> must<=--
(--=>MUST<=--DEFINED IN GREEK
G1163
&#948;&#949;&#953; &#834;
dei
die, deh-on'
Third person singular active present of G1210; also &#948;&#949;&#959; &#769;&#957; deon which is neuter active participle of the same; both used impersonally; it is (was, etc.) necessary (as binding):- behoved, be meet, must (needs),(be) need (-ful), ought, should.
be born again.
to "see" is to perceive - using the mind - which IMO is Self.

No religion is required.

Why do you promote the Self, yet refute that it is the most critical part that gives you your belief?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#492934 Nov 19, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston
Peace
There is a difficulty in understanding the Bible. It rests in whether it is in the "old" or "new" man in Christ.
Please NOTE that Robert F. is here to preach his Catholicism as the only truth on earth.

How funny. His religion suggests that I will spend eternity in hell, and he wants me to be NICE to him, while he insults me.

Prince George, Canada

#492935 Nov 19, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a difficulty in understanding the Bible.
Actually, it's very plain. It indicates that a Jew left his own father's religion to become an anti-Semitic preacher promoting Catholicism as his new religion.

There's nothing difficult about THAT to understand.

Prince George, Canada

#492936 Nov 19, 2013
Anti-Jewish measures

Clement VIII tightened measures against the Jewish inhabitants of his territories. In 1592, the papal bull Cum saepe accidere forbade the Jewish community of the Comtat Venaissin of Avignon, a papal enclave, to sell new goods, putting them at an economic disadvantage. In 1593, the bull Caeca et Obdurata reiterated Pope Pius V's decree of 1569 which banned Jews from living in the Papal states outside the cities of Rome, Ancona, and Avignon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Clement_VII...

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#492937 Nov 19, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston
Peace
There is a difficulty in understanding the Bible. It rests in whether it is in the "old" or "new" man in Christ.
There is a sort of competition within each of us to understand within ourselves what God has done in being born-again.
Most often the conflict of dogmas comes from our "old" man's understanding, and how we relate to the Bible in our experiences.
It is a good to know that the gift of the Holy Spirit is understanding(along with wisdom, knowledge, piety, fortitude, and good council). It is better to know that we as the old man have none of these gifts in our fallen nature.
Peace
"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God"

Self

Prince George, Canada

#492938 Nov 19, 2013
The Catholics needed to indicate that a savior would be a Jew that abandoned his father's religion to become a Catholic. That meant that Jesus willingly left his own father's religion.

That devious plot resulted in Catholics NEVER using the name of the god as being Jehovah, or Elohim, or Adonai, et cetera.

The god had to be perceived as favoring Catholicism, NOT Judaism ... as the scheme otherwise would never work to Catholic favor.

And so the Catholics worshipped the god as just plain "God."

Prince George, Canada

#492939 Nov 19, 2013
Once the Catholic theologians started the Jesus-myth as indicating that a Jew was wise enough and POWERFUL enough to disobey his own Jewish father, it was easy for them to create the idea that the Jewish apostles and Mary also followed Jesus into Catholicism.

Salvation became based on Jesus, and that gave the Catholics the power they needed to convince the blind-sighted Constantine to make Catholicism a "world" religion.

With the military of the empire supporting the scheme ... it almost worked.

Prince George, Canada

#492940 Nov 19, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God"
Self
You use the term God as though your definition of a god is the be-all and end-all concerning the corralling of absolute truth. But there were and are countless gods living in imaginations all over the globe known as earth.

You are simply arrogant enough to believe that your SELF aligns to the highest knowledge available to all humans.

Prince George, Canada

#492941 Nov 19, 2013
For humans to believe that a creator exists to favor them and their whims is simply nonsense.

Most humans of the world are starving to death and dying from starvation related diseases. And those same humans believe that gods favor humans over other animals.

But the fact is, it is the parasites that take most humans to their death by disease. And that must mean that the creator places more value on the parasites that kill the humans, than it does ON the humans.

Religion is bunk!

Prince George, Canada

#492942 Nov 19, 2013
Wacky theology

I am the creator. I created the all-powerful beasties that live off of human flesh. I created them tiny compared to humans, so that human arrogance would be taken down by the realization that I don't favor humans over other living entities.

Watch the humans try to explain why there is no cure for disease. They will use devils to explain why humans suffer ... but they don't care to know that even my little parasites suffer and die when they are deprived of human flesh.

Prince George, Canada

#492943 Nov 19, 2013
Only when you see that you are not special ... will you choose to leave the creator-myths to the arrogant garbage can of history.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#492944 Nov 19, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael
Yes. Why trust in men? Why trust one's own prejudiced mind?
Trust in God.
It has been awhile since last I wrote you. To be honest, your mind is so prejudiced against the possibility of God's existence that our conversations go nowhere....I take part in the failure to communicate. But not all the fault.
Peace
Human Being says........To be honest, your mind is so prejudiced against the possibility of God's existence that our conversations go nowhere.

Michael says......I just don't see the evidence. No one can confirm what is written in the bible is what actually happened. Its a book of stories.

....Isn't being born into a religion a prejudice? Most people of faith are so not because they found their belief but what their parents instilled into them, their prejudiced belief based on hand me down family tradition only. Religious belief is more of a family tradition, than the actual belief itself.

Jews, Muslims, Hindus etc. by the most part the same. Born into their families belief and taught only that belief.

It makes no common sense that a God who created all of us equally would only inform a very tiny number of people in a very tiny location in our world and expect all others to drop their beliefs and accept this new belief only because some men say so.

Prince George, Canada

#492945 Nov 19, 2013
On the program "Animal cops" a dog was brought in to the humane society full of long matted hair soaked in old urine and feces.

The staff at the humane society cut five pound of matted hair off the dog, that in turn was left with only five pounds of body weight. The staff found worms eating on the dog's flesh.

They were totally concerned with the suffering of the dog, but not at all concerned about the suffering of the worms that were simply doing what came naturally.

We are trained to believe that some forms of life are repulsive and other forms of life are endearing to our senses.

And that attitude is very alive and unwell in religion.

Prince George, Canada

#492946 Nov 19, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Human Being says........To be honest, your mind is so prejudiced against the possibility of God's existence that our conversations go nowhere.
Michael says......I just don't see the evidence. No one can confirm what is written in the bible is what actually happened. Its a book of stories.
....Isn't being born into a religion a prejudice? Most people of faith are so not because they found their belief but what their parents instilled into them, their prejudiced belief based on hand me down family tradition only. Religious belief is more of a family tradition, than the actual belief itself.
Jews, Muslims, Hindus etc. by the most part the same. Born into their families belief and taught only that belief.
It makes no common sense that a God who created all of us equally would only inform a very tiny number of people in a very tiny location in our world and expect all others to drop their beliefs and accept this new belief only because some men say so.
Religion is based on GREED.

"The creator not only loves humans more than other forms of life, but he loves me and my religion and rejects those in other religions.

And it is TRUE because 'I' said it is true."
sallygal

Pittsburgh, PA

#492951 Nov 19, 2013
youtube.com/watch... Ö
The Vatican is a joke obsolete

Prince George, Canada

#492952 Nov 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
See I believe Clays,life was,changed ..it's,apparent ..And God was,behind it .
Jehovah supported yet another traitor to the Jewish religion???

:)

You're QUITE the preacher.

Location hidden

#492953 Nov 19, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
its a breath of fresh air meeting someone who's taking an honest look at both sides and forming their own opinion.
The thing with Clements Epistle is that it had to be written well after Peter died. That's not a big deal. When we say Peter ordained him, that doesn't mean Peter also was with him when he served as Pope. Just like John Paul II wasn't with Benedict and Francis- yet JP II made Francis a Cardinal some yrs ago.
We know from Clements Epistle that he was Bishop of Rome and he wrote with authority to the Church @ Corinth, commanding them to reinstate some Presbyters who were removed unjustly and without his approval. They obeyed him just like they obeyed his predecessor Peter.
Clement is also mentioned in the Bible if one of Pauls letters.
"Yes, and I ask you my true companions, help this woman since they have contended at my side, in the cause of the Gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, who's names are in the book of life"
Phil 4:3
Now that can't be 100% proof that its the Clement of Rome, as fundamentalist will quickly point out. But they won't use sound evidence to say its not, rather, they don't want to believe its the same Clement, so they don't.
One thing for sure, there would not have been some guy telling the Church in Corinth what to do, unless he was a valid Bishop. And the people in Corinth would not have listened to him if he was just some guy.
and to many if not most, these [writings] of clement are spurious to say the least, also Paul is making it very clear that this Clement is[was] a fellowworker in the Preaching of the gospel and no doubt is from Phillipi.

try your best to learn and not depend on spam.

Prince George, Canada

#492954 Nov 19, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
its a breath of fresh air meeting someone who's taking an honest look at both sides and forming their own opinion.
Well maybe so ... but (within the theology) whether Jehovah takes the issue from both sides is the question that should be asked by ALL Christians.

Location hidden

#492955 Nov 19, 2013
clay to Ordain a person, other ministers are called to come and to lay hands on that person, and it cant be done via telephone, telegraph or other means.

what other kind of lies have you been exposed to?

Prince George, Canada

#492956 Nov 19, 2013
The latest fad in religion ... Wicca ... has transformed prisons to yet another morphed form of religion.

Wiccan prisoners don't want Christian preachers preaching at them when they are stuck behind bars.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Wiccans Behind Bars Sue to Get Their Own Prison Chaplain

http://laist.com/2013/02/20/california_prison...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Mr Sir 9,403
News Ireland's gay marriage vote was 'a defeat': Vat... 13 hr Imprtnrd 6
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) May 25 QUITTNER May 25 2015 5
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) May 23 pazuzu 61
News Pope Francis endorses Catholic climate petition May 23 Passing thru 8
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) May 22 KristoFMYsagun 10
News Francis expects short papacy May 21 ELIAS IBARRA 12
More from around the web