Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599347 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

StarC

Whittier, CA

#492751 Nov 18, 2013
November 18, 2013.( Romereports.com ) The Year of the Faith is coming to an end and the Vatican has revealed three major highlights that will take place before the closing Mass on November 24th, which is the Feast of Christ the King.

MSGR. RINO FISICHELLA
President of the Pontifical Council for Promoting New Evangelization
“The goal of the Year of the Faith was to recover the so called 'taste for the Faith.' It was meant as a moment of deep reflection and as a way to rediscover the encounter between Christ and His Church.”

On November 21, the Pope will visit the monastery of the Camaldolese nuns in Rome. There, Pope Francis will join them in prayer and Eucharistic Adoration.

MSGR. RINO FISICHELLA
“It will be a day dedicated to those who have chosen a cloistered life as a way to dedicate themselves fully to a life of prayer and contemplation.”

On the evening of Saturday 23rd, adults who are getting ready for the Sacrament of Baptism, will visit the Vatican. They will be welcomed at the entrance of St. Peter's Basilica by the Pope himself. He will personally greet 35 of the 500 future Catholics. Even though it won't be a Baptismal ceremony, the Pope will ask the traditional Rite questions. Some of them will share their personal stories.

MSGR. RINO FISICHELLA
“Some of the cathecumens lived their conversion very privately, because some of them are actually risking their lives by converting. That's why the focus here will be on their personal experiences. Some of them will share their testimonies.”

On Sunday November 24th, the Year of Faith will come to a close with a Papal Mass in St. Peter's Square. That same day, the relics of St. Peter will part of a never before seen exhibit. The Pope will announce a new call for the New Evangelization to continue.

The Vatican has also decided to carry out a collection during the Mass to help victims who were affected by the typhoon in the Philippines. In reference to this, Msgr. Fisichella, said faith without deeds, is baseless.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#492752 Nov 18, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Sorry June, my religion does not divide people,
Your religion teaches that you are saved and others will go to hell.

That teaching divides people into right-fighting groups, and that is your purpose of being on this forum.

You constantly defend your religion and all the men in it that murdered others for all the many centuries.
StarC

Whittier, CA

#492753 Nov 18, 2013
Pope Francis ranked among this year’s 50 most prominent Jews (Huh?)
La Stampa ^| 11/14/2013 | GIORGIO BERNARDELLI
Posted on November 14, 2013 at 3:46:29 AM PST by markomalley

The Pope Francis effect has even spread to Forward’s 50 top American Jews list for this year. Forward magazine, the historic voice of American liberal Judaism, decided to add Bergoglio to the 2013 edition of Forward 50, its annual list of top Jewish-American figures. The reason for this “endorsement” is party due to an umpteenth attempt to launch an attack on Francis’ predecessor, Benedict XVI.

As he is not Jewish, Francis has been added to the magazine’s “PLUS” list. The accompanying note included in the Pope’s profile explains the reason why he was chosen:“After eight months as head of the world’s 1 billion Roman Catholics (not to mention 10 million Twitter followers), the new pontiff — the first from outside Europe — has made improving relations with the Jewish world a key goal.” The magazine adds that “the only book he has penned is an extraordinary dialogue with a rabbi who had become fast friends with then-Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio in their native Argentina.”
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#492754 Nov 18, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
we're going to matter- of- factly remind you where the Bible came from.
Then why leave out some of the church's most important doctrines...infant baptism or Mary being sinless or confession to a priest? It is so important to you people and yet it's not found in the Bible.

and when asked why...

your answer is, not everything was written down that was taught. Really Clay...really?

Quesnel, Canada

#492755 Nov 18, 2013
StarC wrote:
Pope Francis ranked among this year’s 50 most prominent Jews (Huh?)
La Stampa ^| 11/14/2013 | GIORGIO BERNARDELLI
Posted on November 14, 2013 at 3:46:29 AM PST by markomalley
The Pope Francis effect has even spread to Forward’s 50 top American Jews list for this year. Forward magazine, the historic voice of American liberal Judaism, decided to add Bergoglio to the 2013 edition of Forward 50, its annual list of top Jewish-American figures. The reason for this “endorsement” is party due to an umpteenth attempt to launch an attack on Francis’ predecessor, Benedict XVI.
As he is not Jewish, Francis has been added to the magazine’s “PLUS” list. The accompanying note included in the Pope’s profile explains the reason why he was chosen:“After eight months as head of the world’s 1 billion Roman Catholics (not to mention 10 million Twitter followers), the new pontiff — the first from outside Europe — has made improving relations with the Jewish world a key goal.” The magazine adds that “the only book he has penned is an extraordinary dialogue with a rabbi who had become fast friends with then-Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio in their native Argentina.”
The pope is now cuddling up to the Jews, who for centuries were tortured and put to death as "Christ-killers."

The idiocy of those in religion is appalling.

The pope kissed the Qur'an, while at the same time he had his missionaries telling Muslims that their religion was false.

Quesnel, Canada

#492756 Nov 18, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
In medieval terms, your view is known as being a mercenary concerning the "deserving" of going to heaven. Sometimes in modern times, it includes the "works" oriented mindset.
In any event, you presume incorrectly that I believe I deserve to go to heaven, and others deserve hell. I just reject judging people in eternal terms.
OH ... stop your double-talk. It gets boring.

You left Atheism to go back to Catholicism for the specific reason that they teach that YOU will go to heaven while others will go hell.

It was your arrogance that took you back to Catholicism ... and nothing BUT your arrogance.

And to top it off ... you think I should warm up to you, while you are busy looking down on me as fodder for hell.

You have SOME nerve.

Quesnel, Canada

#492757 Nov 18, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why leave out some of the church's most important doctrines...infant baptism or Mary being sinless or confession to a priest? It is so important to you people and yet it's not found in the Bible.
and when asked why...
your answer is, not everything was written down that was taught. Really Clay...really?
Just as did the Protestant Martin Luther made it up as he went along ... the Catholics did the same.

I suggest that nowhere in the new testament can be found where the Catholics wrote that Jesus said Martin Luther should leave Catholicism to marry an ex-Catholic nun ... but Luther found it somewhere or other in his own mind and in turn linked it to one or more scriptures that he was certain would align to "god's" will.

The cartoon character Wile e Coyote had nothing going for him compared to Martin Luther.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#492758 Nov 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that even you knows what it is. I suggest that if you did, you wouldn't believe in it.
So my religion is I don't know but if I did I wouldn't believe in it.

Got it.

Quesnel, Canada

#492759 Nov 18, 2013
I learned how tricky preachers can be, when a Protestant minister, who was having an affair with one of his parishioners dragged out his bible and pointed out a couple of scriptures to me that he hoped would make it plain to me that he was doing nothing immoral.

:)

Quesnel, Canada

#492760 Nov 18, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
So my religion is I don't know but if I did I wouldn't believe in it.
Got it.
I meant if you understood the reason for the existence of religion, no matter which religion ... and you had an active conscience, you wouldn't put any faith whatsoever in any religion.

When I was under the spell of religion, I always figured any god that would choose me over others would have to be worse than useless as a judge of character, as I perceived I was quite mediocre and nothing special whatsoever.

Quesnel, Canada

#492761 Nov 18, 2013
I watched an hour program on this preacher. His lawyer was so convinced of his innocence he took the case pro-bono. But as new evidence kept appearing, the lawyer lost faith in his client and wanted to quit. But, as Baker would not let him go, the judge made the lawyer finish what he started. The lawyer said he did the best he could, but it was very difficult, as his heart was no longer invested in his client's innocence.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Murdering Minister Had Secret Affair

Matt Baker was once a beloved Baptist minister in the heart of the Bible Belt. But what his doting Waco, Texas, congregation didn't know was that when he preached the Ten Commandments from the pulpit, he was breaking them in private.

Two months before his wife, Kari Baker, was found dead in their bed, apparently from an overdose of sleeping pills, he had secretly started an affair with a woman at church, according to the woman.

His wife's April 2006 death was ruled a suicide by the Hewitt Police Department. But her mother, cousin, and aunts were unconvinced that suicide was in the 31-year-old's nature and launched their own investigation.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/texas-pastor-matt-...

Quesnel, Canada

#492762 Nov 18, 2013
Preachers often have such faith in their own gift of the gab, they underestimate others as being able to see through the scams.

That can and often has been their downfall.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#492763 Nov 18, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
I have sympathy, empathy, and compassion for them all.
I think what bothers you is that to linger in the wrongs of the past, one holds onto malice and anger. And such things cannot exist when one has compassion.
So my "advice" is to let go of the past wrongs, it is like an ongoing sin, that has no beginning, and end. It just eats at a person....
If over a couple thousand years you can't trust the messengers, how can you trust their message.

Sex abuse scandals have gone on for centuries committed by some messengers of the church and covered up by the rest of the messengers of the church, the most disgusting sins of all.

..... Money laundering scandals within the vatican bank have gone on since at least the 1980s. Again if you can't trust what they are doing, how can anyone trust what they preach..........and these issues are not 2,000 years old.

Chess

Columbus, OH

#492764 Nov 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant if you understood the reason for the existence of religion, no matter which religion ... and you had an active conscience, you wouldn't put any faith whatsoever in any religion.
When I was under the spell of religion, I always figured any god that would choose me over others would have to be worse than useless as a judge of character, as I perceived I was quite mediocre and nothing special whatsoever.
Well that's not what you said:
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>What a pity for me that I don't belong to your religion ... RIGHT???
Odd, huh?

Quesnel, Canada

#492765 Nov 18, 2013
Martin Luther KNEW he could never be a pope ... but I suggest he did know that he could lead a new religion.

Cagey is as cagey does.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#492766 Nov 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people of religious belief, were born by chance into that family traditional belief, to become what their mother and father wanted them to become.........just like them!

...Everyone associated with a religious belief, believe ONLY their belief is the right belief.

UN-belief-able!

Liam

Chicago, IL

#492767 Nov 18, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I was the one who ask you first Clay to give bible verses supporting Mary sinless, infant baptism, and confess to a priest...you have nothing. Now you want scripture from me. Another words, just like every other time Clay...you got nothing...nothing...just babble.
And no from the evidence given, you weren't born again in your jail cell.
You are the one who claims those things need to be explicitly detailed in scripture. So, provide a Bible verse for your assertion. That's all.

All of Catholicism can be found in scripture. You been shown plenty of verses but you reject it.
Christianity isn't supposed to be isolated in separate verses either- like the born again movement does. Read the whole of the Bible. and if you're still stuck, read the writings of the men who knew the Apostles. Theres an idea that a serious Christian ought to consider!
Liam

Chicago, IL

#492768 Nov 18, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
and when asked why...
For one thing, those things you cited are mainly found in the OT. The first Christians believed Mary to be sinless because she was the ark that brought the word of God made flesh into this world. Read about the significance of the ark of the covenant in the book of exodus. Then substitute Marys name in place and you can see why no devout Jew would have sex with her.
Infant Baptism replaced circumcision. Read the OT and learn why the Jews circumcised babies.
The Apostles were told to go out and forgive sins. They set up a sacramental Priesthood to carry on that task as the Church grew. you can read the writings of those they ordained if you don't believe me.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#492769 Nov 18, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
....Read the whole of the Bible. and if you're still stuck, read the writings of the men who knew the Apostles....
Please provide those "writings of the men who knew the Apostles" outside the canon.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#492770 Nov 18, 2013
-NOMAD- wrote:
The people i think who have been mis-guided are the religious Jew. They Are Still Waiting for the Messiah from God who will rescue them from there enemies.So sad that all these thousands of years, they have closed their heart and eyes to the Messiah we call Jesus [anointed one] God has sent them the Messiah, but because he said he was the son of God, they cast stones upon him and ridiculed him into the waiting hands of the Roman, governing authority. Hence, by orders of the high priest he was murdered and to them, his life as a man was over and the reigning Jews held onto there power of authority over the people.
*****To contributors here like June Van Der Mark, a Jewish person, My prayers go out to her and all those believers and non believers of the Jewish Faith.
She not ..at all .She cites Jehovah to say we Christians, turned Jesus into a Catholic ..along with Mary and John the Baptist ...
But she does not believe in Johovah..Jesus Mohammed or any God ..
According to her ..not me

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 6 min Zog Has-fallen 202
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 38 min 3way4u 9,598
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... 18 hr tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Sun pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 23 QUITTNER Jul 23 2015 5
More from around the web