Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590176 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Liam

Chicago, IL

#492686 Nov 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU HAVE NO PROOF FROM GOD'S HOLY WORD THAT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS
ANY INHERITANCE IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD...
ONLY SONS OF GOD ARE HEIRS...
SONS OF THE DAUGHTER OF A STRANGE GOD DOES NOT QUALIFY.
Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
YOU HAVE NO PROOF NOR EVIDENCE
TO PROVE THAT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
IS NOT THE GATES OF HELL
THAT IS ATTEMPTING TO
PREVAIL AGAINST GOD'S CHURCH...
After all it is responsible for the torture murder and burning at stake millions of Christians...in the former crusades and the inquisition...
and as you align yourselves with you antichrist..in Jerusalem ...
Your inquisition and crusades will be repeated...after the true Church
is caught away...in the rapture.
we have proof that the Bible itself was compiled by the Catholic Church in the 4th century.
It came labeled already you say? Give me chapter and verse where the Lord gives us a list..

but hey, I'm done trying to convince you of anything. you have your interpretations, the church of Christ fellow has his. You and 'working for the Lord' can beat each other over the heads with scripture verses until one of you agree with the other. One or both of you are guilty of changing the word of God around. Obviously we can at least agree that one of you are wrong. Right?

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#492687 Nov 18, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be comfortable in any church, although some may not be comfortable with me(smiles).
I suggest that is because you would take Catholicism with you into any other church and look down your nose at the worshippers in pity for not being WISE enough to be a Catholic as are you ... Oh pompous one.
Human Being

Arnaudville, LA

#492688 Nov 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that your idol was a very hostile man. But, so indoctrinated are you to be anti-Semitic, you don't even CARE!!!
Your conscience concerning the issue of how the Jews suffered is totally unimportant to you.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
John Chrysostom (344-407 A.D.)– One of the "greatest" of church fathers; known as "The Golden Mouthed." A missionary preacher famous for his sermons and addresses.
The synagogue is worse than a brothel…it is the den of scoundrels and the repair of wild beasts…the temple of demons devoted to idolatrous cults…the refuge of brigands and dabauchees, and the cavern of devils. It is a criminal assembly of Jews…a place of meeting for the assassins of Christ… a house worse than a drinking shop…a den of thieves, a house of ill fame, a dwelling of iniquity, the refuge of devils, a gulf and a abyss of perdition."…"I would say the same things about their souls… As for me, I hate the synagogue…I hate the Jews for the same reason.
June

You are projecting some imaginary ideas concerning my "idol".

At best, I could feel sorry for John Chrysostom for his ideas concerning the Jews, because I know he would have been tormented by such ideas.

You would be more correct in assuming he is not my "idol". But for you he is an idol of prejudice and a source of hate and anger. So for you I am also sorry for the torment you have taken on....

I try hard to be compassionate to all, yet I am a man with many failures behind me as well....

Quesnel, Canada

#492689 Nov 18, 2013
Take ego and mix it with ignorance and you end up with religion.

"ME ... MY SELF ... and I KNOW that the creator loves me and rejects others.

Signed by ME ... sealed by ME ... and ... delivered by ME."

Quesnel, Canada

#492690 Nov 18, 2013
In addition to the above ... "delivered by ME ... TO ME and my EGO!"
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#492691 Nov 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. Within the theology, ONLY Jehovah knows who are the Christians.
And rumor has it that he didn't forget the multitude of atrocities that the Christians committed against his Jews ... and to this day, with their ongoing lies, still ARE committing against his Jews.
lol...you agree. like I care

You're as dumb as he is Grams. You post articles all the time about Christians did this or Christians did that.
Human Being

Arnaudville, LA

#492692 Nov 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that is because you would take Catholicism with you into any other church and look down your nose at the worshippers in pity for not being WISE enough to be a Catholic as are you ... Oh pompous one.
June

Suggest as you desire things to be. I am comfortable with all. I enjoy differences, rather than let them become divisive, I have nothing against others, seeing things differently, than I do. People and the world are a blessing and an opportunity to be compassionate with them.

Don't you believe it is better to be compassionate than divisive?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#492693 Nov 18, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
we have proof that the Bible itself was compiled by the Catholic Church in the 4th century.
Then kindly point us to infant baptism...Mary being sinless...confess to a priest.

You can't Clay. The Catholic's best answer and only answer is "not everything Jesus taught was written down".

Quesnel, Canada

#492694 Nov 18, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
I try hard to be compassionate to all, yet I am a man with many failures behind me as well....
OH YEAH ... RIGHT!!!... but you believe your future in the hereafter is BRIGHT and WONDROUS as you will gaze from above and feel pity for the ones down below you ... in eternal hell.

You are a see-through pompous ass Robert F.
-NOMAD-

Plymouth, MA

#492695 Nov 18, 2013
RCC say's There the Only True Church.
What do you all think they would say??
Every Christain Church think they are right.
Mormons..JW..Advent's, Baptist, even thou there are 29 different Baptist churches. They are all the Right Church. No surprise here.
Even the arrogant Athiest movement think THEY are Right..lol.
And then we have the True Evolutionist who believes that Darwin was a evolutionist, when in fact He Wasn't.He did believe in a higher power but Not in the way a religious person does.So in reality, Darwin was more of an Agnostic.
So over the centuries of time, creation vs evolution have taken on a different twist. But for me, I believe in God and i believe that in his house there are many rooms, adobes, mansion's as it were. God is Not a singular saver of life in the here after, but a God that will read the heart and deside what room in his paradised world you will fit in. Meanwhile all the dead are just that, dead in his eyes.[Hell, hades, sheoul] Non exsistant. The 2nd death of scripture is meant for all these type of personality's..Amen, Come Lord Jesus!

Quesnel, Canada

#492697 Nov 18, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
At best, I could feel sorry for John Chrysostom for his ideas concerning the Jews, because I know he would have been tormented by such ideas.
If you think dear old John was tormented, how do you think the Jews felt, when they were tortured, and burned at the stake because dear old John and his rabid Catholic liars vilified and framed the Jews ... and had no mercy on them whatsoever?

Your dear-John story doesn't cut any ice with me Robert F.

Quesnel, Canada

#492698 Nov 18, 2013
I suggest that the early church fathers had one thing in mind ... and that was to start a new religious empire on earth, and to rule the other people of earth with their new brand OF religion.

And as did all previous religions, they based their empire on lies.

The pope of today is trying his best to smooth over the lies ... but the lies keep popping up here, there and everywhere.

And concerning Catholicism ... it all started way back when, with that first major Catholic lie.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith

Quesnel, Canada

#492699 Nov 18, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you believe it is better to be compassionate than divisive?
You are NOT compassionate Robert. Your religion keeps you divided from others.

Even the wild animals in the forest don't believe that you will be saved while others spend eternity in hell. They are not that stupid.

That arrogance and ignorance is YOUR specialty.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#492700 Nov 18, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then kindly point us to infant baptism...Mary being sinless...confess to a priest.
You can't Clay. The Catholic's best answer and only answer is "not everything Jesus taught was written down".
Please Chuck. You guys just can't seem to grasp that the Bible didn't come before the Church.

Whereas, every single protestant sect was launched after privately reading the Bible. Some of you even patterned your particular sects after one or two verses.(Baptist, born agains, Pentecostals, JW's)

How can you demand that infant Baptism be explicitly detailed in scripture when Christians were doing it before one Apostle even began to write the NT scriptures? You see how you demand that your listeners submit to ignorance first, then forgo logic??
Here is some more proof for you: The Apostle Thomas set up the Church in India; Andrew in Greece. They Baptized the entire households including infants.
is it documented in their writings?? No, because Andrew and Thomas didn't write. And they certainly didn't carry copies of Pauls letters to the folks. Yet, we know what they taught because the Churches they installed are still there today.

Quesnel, Canada

#492701 Nov 18, 2013
-NOMAD- wrote:
Come Lord Jesus!
Here FIDO ... good puppy! My will is your command.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#492702 Nov 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the term "fool" ... better than "child" ... as the term "fool" means you include me as one of your group.
It makes me feel all fuzzy and warm inside.
:)
Pretending can be a powerful salve.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#492703 Nov 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the acknowledgement.
And I also can't know for certain what the church fathers believed on their death-beds, but I suggest that the concept that Jesus wanted them to hate the Jews and Judaism had become such a ritualistic engrained practice to them, that they died with the concept that those thoughts were based on truth, rather than entertaining the idea that the beliefs their selves were based on illusion.
So you were being dishonest.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#492704 Nov 18, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
And also, we can and do point out where those things can be found in scripture. We can also point to where the first and second generation of Christians believed the same. You reject it anyway. Apparently God wanted you to dictate what Christianity should believe.
I can't stomach the fanatical position of you guys anymore. Its truly heartbreaking.
I guess just provide a verse where Jesus Christ says "you five write down some letters and memoirs 30 yrs from now, that'll become part of the Bible and future Christians are only to privately determine my teachings based on that. Here is a list of scripture to go sola scripture by"

Do you have a passage where Christ says this or Paul says this?

Quesnel, Canada

#492705 Nov 18, 2013
"I've been taught by my theologian that if I have faith in Jesus, Jesus HAS to love me in return. I wonder how my theologian knows that is based on truth? OH WELL, what does it matter? I'll believe it anyway, because it makes me feel SOOOO GOOD!"

Quesnel, Canada

#492706 Nov 18, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
So you were being dishonest.
According to you, I'm always dishonest. What a pity for me that I don't belong to your religion ... RIGHT???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Gee Tee 9,395
News Ireland's gay marriage vote was 'a defeat': Vat... 12 hr Rainbow Kid 4
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Mon QUITTNER May 25 2015 6
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) May 23 pazuzu 61
News Pope Francis endorses Catholic climate petition May 23 Passing thru 8
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) May 22 KristoFMYsagun 10
News Francis expects short papacy May 21 ELIAS IBARRA 12
More from around the web