Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665486 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#492766 Nov 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant if you understood the reason for the existence of religion, no matter which religion ... and you had an active conscience, you wouldn't put any faith whatsoever in any religion.
When I was under the spell of religion, I always figured any god that would choose me over others would have to be worse than useless as a judge of character, as I perceived I was quite mediocre and nothing special whatsoever.
Most people of religious belief, were born by chance into that family traditional belief, to become what their mother and father wanted them to become.........just like them!

...Everyone associated with a religious belief, believe ONLY their belief is the right belief.

UN-belief-able!

Liam

Detroit, MI

#492767 Nov 18, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I was the one who ask you first Clay to give bible verses supporting Mary sinless, infant baptism, and confess to a priest...you have nothing. Now you want scripture from me. Another words, just like every other time Clay...you got nothing...nothing...just babble.
And no from the evidence given, you weren't born again in your jail cell.
You are the one who claims those things need to be explicitly detailed in scripture. So, provide a Bible verse for your assertion. That's all.

All of Catholicism can be found in scripture. You been shown plenty of verses but you reject it.
Christianity isn't supposed to be isolated in separate verses either- like the born again movement does. Read the whole of the Bible. and if you're still stuck, read the writings of the men who knew the Apostles. Theres an idea that a serious Christian ought to consider!
Liam

Detroit, MI

#492768 Nov 18, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why leave out some of the church's most important doctrines...infant baptism or Mary being sinless or confession to a priest? It is so important to you people and yet it's not found in the Bible.
and when asked why...
your answer is, not everything was written down that was taught. Really Clay...really?
For one thing, those things you cited are mainly found in the OT. The first Christians believed Mary to be sinless because she was the ark that brought the word of God made flesh into this world. Read about the significance of the ark of the covenant in the book of exodus. Then substitute Marys name in place and you can see why no devout Jew would have sex with her.
Infant Baptism replaced circumcision. Read the OT and learn why the Jews circumcised babies.
The Apostles were told to go out and forgive sins. They set up a sacramental Priesthood to carry on that task as the Church grew. you can read the writings of those they ordained if you don't believe me.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#492769 Nov 18, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
....Read the whole of the Bible. and if you're still stuck, read the writings of the men who knew the Apostles....
Please provide those "writings of the men who knew the Apostles" outside the canon.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#492770 Nov 18, 2013
-NOMAD- wrote:
The people i think who have been mis-guided are the religious Jew. They Are Still Waiting for the Messiah from God who will rescue them from there enemies.So sad that all these thousands of years, they have closed their heart and eyes to the Messiah we call Jesus [anointed one] God has sent them the Messiah, but because he said he was the son of God, they cast stones upon him and ridiculed him into the waiting hands of the Roman, governing authority. Hence, by orders of the high priest he was murdered and to them, his life as a man was over and the reigning Jews held onto there power of authority over the people.
*****To contributors here like June Van Der Mark, a Jewish person, My prayers go out to her and all those believers and non believers of the Jewish Faith.
She not ..at all .She cites Jehovah to say we Christians, turned Jesus into a Catholic ..along with Mary and John the Baptist ...
But she does not believe in Johovah..Jesus Mohammed or any God ..
According to her ..not me
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#492771 Nov 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Preachers often have such faith in their own gift of the gab, they underestimate others as being able to see through the scams.
That can and often has been their downfall.
You sent me on the path to become a minister after your comments pizzed me off,and THAT makes more fun falling on you.#SMOOTCH#
Liam

Detroit, MI

#492772 Nov 18, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provide those "writings of the men who knew the Apostles" outside the canon.
you'll have to do your own homework I'm afraid. Or wait til I get on my home computer.
Research the epistles of Clement of Rome. Ignatius of Antioch. Polycarp.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#492773 Nov 18, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I was the one who ask you first Clay to give bible verses supporting Mary sinless, infant baptism, and confess to a priest...you have nothing. Now you want scripture from me. Another words, just like every other time Clay...you got nothing...nothing...just babble.
And no from the evidence given, you weren't born again in your jail cell.
I agree completely. clay never found Jesus in a jail cell. his words alone proved that he was not Born Again. he didn't know the difference between Jesus and the Holy Spirit. One Saves and the other points to the One that Saves. and ALL Christians know that Jesus Said that the Holy Spirit would speak of Jesus not Himself.

Counterfeit Christians will always be spotted, might take awhile but they will be exposed as such. like Clay.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#492774 Nov 18, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
you'll have to do your own homework I'm afraid. Or wait til I get on my home computer.
Research the epistles of Clement of Rome. Ignatius of Antioch. Polycarp.
None of these men knew the apostles, child.

You could use a mangled translation to claim Papias did.

But he didn't.

And there is little of his five volume work left anyway.

Seems early Christians didn't care for what he wrote.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#492775 Nov 18, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Please Chuck. You guys just can't seem to grasp that the Bible didn't come before the Church.
Whereas, every single protestant sect was launched after privately reading the Bible. Some of you even patterned your particular sects after one or two verses.(Baptist, born agains, Pentecostals, JW's)
How can you demand that infant Baptism be explicitly detailed in scripture when Christians were doing it before one Apostle even began to write the NT scriptures? You see how you demand that your listeners submit to ignorance first, then forgo logic??
Here is some more proof for you:
edited for space

Judaism 101: Torah
www.jewfaq.org/torah.htm&#8206 ;
Learn about the concept of Torah, the books of Jewish scriptures and other sacred Jewish writings.

The above was in use before Christ was incarnated!!!!!

If the Word of God was not referring to the Bible when It said "It is written"...what was It referring to??????

Jos 8:31 As Moses the servant of the LORD commanded the children of Israel, as it is written in the book of the law of Moses, an altar of whole stones, over which no man hath lift up any iron: and they offered thereon burnt offerings unto the LORD, and sacrificed peace offerings.
2Sa 1:18 (Also he bade them teach the children of Judah the use of the bow: behold, it is written in the book of Jasher.){of Jasher: or, of the upright}
1Ki 2:3 And keep the charge of the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgments, and his testimonies, as it is written in the law of Moses, that thou mayest prosper in all that thou doest, and whithersoever thou turnest thyself:{prosper: or, do wisely}
2Ki 23:21 And the king commanded all the people, saying, Keep the passover unto the LORD your God, as it is written in the book of this covenant.
2Ch 23:18 Also Jehoiada appointed the offices of the house of the LORD by the hand of the priests the Levites, whom David had distributed in the house of the LORD, to offer the burnt offerings of the LORD, as it is written in the law of Moses, with rejoicing and with singing, as it was ordained by David.{as it was...: Heb. by the hands of David}
2Ch 25:4 But he slew not their children, but did as it is written in the law in the book of Moses, where the LORD commanded, saying, The fathers shall not die for the children, neither shall the children die for the fathers, but every man shall die for his own sin.
2Ch 31:3 He appointed also the king's portion of his substance for the burnt offerings, to wit, for the morning and evening burnt offerings, and the burnt offerings for the sabbaths, and for the new moons, and for the set feasts, as it is written in the law of the LORD.
2Ch 35:12 And they removed the burnt offerings, that they might give according to the divisions of the families of the people, to offer unto the LORD, as it is written in the book of Moses. And so did they with the oxen.
Ezr 3:2 Then stood up Jeshua the son of Jozadak, and his brethren the priests, and Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, and his brethren, and builded the altar of the God of Israel, to offer burnt offerings thereon, as it is written in the law of Moses the man of God.{Jeshua: also called, Joshua}{Zerubbabel: Gr. Zorobabel}{Shealtiel: Gr. Salathiel}
Ezr 3:4 They kept also the feast of tabernacles, as it is written, and offered the daily burnt offerings by number, according to the custom, as the duty of every day required; {as the duty...: Heb. the matter of the day in his day}
Ezr 6:18 And they set the priests in their divisions, and the Levites in their courses, for the service of God, which is at Jerusalem; as it is written in the book of Moses.{as it is...: Chaldee, according to the writing}

Location hidden

#492776 Nov 18, 2013
Continued to Clay:
Ne 8:15 And that they should publish and proclaim in all their cities, and in Jerusalem, saying, Go forth unto the mount, and fetch olive branches, and pine branches, and myrtle branches, and palm branches, and branches of thick trees, to make booths, as it is written.
Ne 10:34 And we cast the lots among the priests, the Levites, and the people, for the wood offering, to bring it into the house of our God, after the houses of our fathers, at times appointed year by year, to burn upon the altar of the LORD our God, as it is written in the law:
Ne 10:36 Also the firstborn of our sons, and of our cattle, as it is written in the law, and the firstlings of our herds and of our flocks, to bring to the house of our God, unto the priests that minister in the house of our God:
Ps 40:7 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,
Isa 65:6 Behold, it is written before me: I will not keep silence, but will recompense, even recompense into their bosom,
Da 9:13 As it is written in the law of Moses, all this evil is come upon us: yet made we not our prayer before the LORD our God, that we might turn from our iniquities, and understand thy truth.
Mt 2:5 And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet,
Mt 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Mt 4:6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Mt 4:7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.{tempt: or, try, or, put to trial, or, proof}
Mt 4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
Mt 11:10 For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
Mt 21:13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.
Mt 26:24 The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.
Mt 26:31 ¶ Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.
Mr 1:2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
Mr 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
Mr 9:12 And he answered and told them, Elias verily cometh first, and restoreth all things; and how it is written of the Son of man, that he must suffer many things, and be set at nought.
Mr 9:13 But I say unto you, That Elias is indeed come, and they have done unto him whatsoever they listed, as it is written of him.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#492777 Nov 18, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If over a couple thousand years you can't trust the messengers, how can you trust their message.
Sex abuse scandals have gone on for centuries committed by some messengers of the church and covered up by the rest of the messengers of the church, the most disgusting sins of all.
..... Money laundering scandals within the vatican bank have gone on since at least the 1980s. Again if you can't trust what they are doing, how can anyone trust what they preach..........and these issues are not 2,000 years old.
I suggest that burning innocent people at the stake is even worse than sexual molestation. Sexually molestation badly corrupts the emotions ... but the murder of burning others at the stake makes it impossible to even try to heal corrupted emotions.

The taking of life in religion was, and in some cased still is, as common as having a meal.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#492778 Nov 18, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
None of these men knew the apostles, child.
You could use a mangled translation to claim Papias did.
But he didn't.
And there is little of his five volume work left anyway.
Seems early Christians didn't care for what he wrote.
the catholics ALWAYS mention Polycarp and his [supposedly] affiliation with the Apostle John even tho it is common knowledge that he ONLY SAW John at a local bathhouse.

the rcc has told these flakes like clay so many lies so many times that they have come to believe them as actually being factual

Joseph Goebbels(a fellow catholic born and bred) If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.

Quesnel, Canada

#492779 Nov 18, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>You sent me on the path to become a minister after your comments pizzed me off,and THAT makes more fun falling on you.#SMOOTCH#
Oh now stop that nonsense Jumper. You thought yourself a preacher before you ever knew of me.

Location hidden

#492780 Nov 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church is called “Catholic”
"See that ye all follow the bishop, even as Christ Jesus does the Father, and the presbytery as ye would the apostles. Do ye also reverence the deacons, as those that carry out the appointment of God. Let no man do anything connected with the Church without the bishop. Let that be deemed a proper Eucharist, which is [administered] either by the bishop, or by one to whom he has entrusted it. Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude also be; by the bishop, or by one to whom he has entrusted it. Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude also be; even as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church." Ignatius of Antioch, Epistle to the Smyrneans, 8:2 (c. A.D. 110).
"[A]ll the people wondered that there should be such a difference between the unbelievers and the elect, of whom this most admirable Polycarp was one, having in our own times been an apostolic and prophetic teacher, and bishop of the Catholic Church which is in Smyrna. For every word that went out of his mouth either has been or shall yet be accomplished." Martyrdom of Polycarp, 16:2 (A.D. 155).
“…to be in honour however with the Catholic Church for the ordering of ecclesiastical discipline...one to the Laodicenes, another to the Alexandrians, both forged in Paul's name to suit the heresy of Marcion, and several others, which cannot be received into the Catholic Church; for it is not fitting that gall be mixed with honey. The Epistle of Jude no doubt, and the couple bearing the name of John, are accepted by the Catholic Church...But of Arsinous, called also Valentinus, or of Militiades we receive nothing at all.” The fragment of Muratori (A.D. 177).
"[N]or does it consist in this, that he should again falsely imagine, as being above this [fancied being], a Pleroma at one time supposed to contain thirty, and at another time an innumerable tribe of Aeons, as these teachers who are destitute of truly divine wisdom maintain; while the Catholic Church possesses one and the same faith throughout the whole world, as we have already said." Irenaeus, Against Heresies, 1:10,3 (A.D. 180).
“For it is evident that those men lived not so long ago,--in the reign of Antoninus for the most part,--and that they at first were believers in the doctrine of the Catholic Church, in the church of Rome under the episcopate of the blessed Eleutherus, until on account of their ever restless curiosity, with which they even infected the brethren, they were more than once expelled.” Tertullian, On the Prescription Against Heretics, 22,30 (A.D. 200).
Not based on Sacred Scripture....figments of dead men imagination!!!!!

Quesnel, Canada

#492781 Nov 18, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
All of Catholicism can be found in scripture.
Where did Jehovah state that he wanted Catholics to kill all those in other religions ... including Judaism?

Where did Jehovah state that he wanted babies not baptized in the Catholic faith to burn in hell?

And the list goes on and on and on and on, as the lies keep being repeated by new investors in the "faith."

Quesnel, Canada

#492782 Nov 18, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
< If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.
States the one who keep repeating lies of knowing the future.
truth

Pearsall, Australia

#492783 Nov 18, 2013
Did I told you who coming first!
Is that Jesus Christ or Elija.

What they say about me..who my Lord..oh yes they say you are prophet..Elija..no no no you are Christ.

Please tell me why i am wrong.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#492784 Nov 18, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the catholics ALWAYS mention Polycarp and his [supposedly] affiliation with the Apostle John even tho it is common knowledge that he ONLY SAW John at a local bathhouse.
the rcc has told these flakes like clay so many lies so many times that they have come to believe them as actually being factual
Joseph Goebbels(a fellow catholic born and bred) If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.
Shhh!

I'm watching Smokey's most recent video again:

&fe ature=c4-overview&list=UUk _3qff-YVY1HR0l78z5o5Q

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#492785 Nov 18, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why leave out some of the church's most important doctrines...infant baptism or Mary being sinless or confession to a priest? It is so important to you people and yet it's not found in the Bible.
and when asked why...
your answer is, not everything was written down that was taught. Really Clay...really?
It's not in the bible because infant baptism isn't allowed, because infants have no sin, and Mary isn't sinless. The catholic church is a false religion which in Revelation even talks about it as the biggest deceiver of mankind, it is a false religion made up by man. The Church of Christ is the true church of the bible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) 32 min Father OFlanery 160
News Pope Francis's Visit to Turkey Embroiled in Par... (Dec '14) Dec 3 Azat 2
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... Dec 1 Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Nov 30 Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
News Free Presbyterians 'will protest' Pope's visit Nov 29 narako 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Nov 29 Married in 10,375
More from around the web