Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667738 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

United States

#492620 Nov 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
No Regina,sorry..Clay has Saud several one that the APOSTLES DID Not write..because Jesus,did not tell hem to...going back weeks ..
Which is kind of a Catch 22 since Jesus words come from the written Gospels.
Clay has held up Ignatius over the writings of Paul and the apostles.
If your priest says this is the Gospel according to John..do we BRLIEVE your priests or not.
I think THRY wrote or dictated their own writings ...through the guidance and inspiration of he HOLY SPIRIT .
My only point here is in the gloating about non authenticity to put down JG and Preston ..etc Reliance on Scripture .
The upshot of which to me is,against your own teAching...And giving
Fodder to the the atheists ..
Now the Catholic Church either believes it's own CANON or not ..
I THINK IT DOES ..for the most part despite scholars,like that Raymond person who casts,doubt on the Nativity story ...And Clay eh o seems to think we are foolish in believing scripture ...I've the writings,of your early father's ..
I'm not the one who did NOT include them in he CANON ..
However you are all free to believe as you wish ..I'm pretty sure the atheists will still niece it's a,myth anyway ..But talk like that IMO ..could cause DOUBT to young believers ...
PEACE
-
-
Liam wrote:
Get real. I never said the Apostles didn't write. And I never held up Ignatius writings over Paul. If you aren't smart enough to carry on a conversation without drawing bizarre conclusions, please let me know now. Bible facts completely ruin your religion and you know it. I point out how you Bible idolaters simply ignore everything you hear and mumble 'Bible Bible, word of God word of God'
That's not disrespecting the sacred scriptures on my part, it shows how YOU guys do.
The writings of the Disciples of the Apostles destroy Protestantism from the get go. They prove you guys have changed what Jesus Christ Himself taught. They validate Jesus' own words on things like "this is my body". You guys unraveled what the Lord installed. You think your justified because you interpret the Bible differently than Ignatius or Clement, and thats ok with you?? Just keep mumbling Bible Bible Bible and ignore everything you hear. The Earth is 5,000 yrs old; the Bible appeared out of thin air; everyone in Christianity interpreted it wrong until your born again movement saved the day.
-
-
Hrmmmm ... never held up Ignatius writings over Paul's?
-
Then WHY do you HOLD UP a POPE'S writings over Jesus. Surely you can see the hypocrisy?
-
JESUS said, "Love your neighbor as yourself."
-
Pope Innocent said, "TORTURE THE HERETICS."
-
-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_Inquisi...
Torture

Torture could be used after 1252. On May 15, Pope Innocent IV issued a papal bull entitled Ad extirpanda, which authorized the use of torture by inquisitors. Torture was undoubtedly used in the trial of the Templars, but is in fact not much found in heresy trials until the later fourteenth century.
-
SO - by YOUR definition WHO has "changed" what Jesus Christ Himself taught?
-
REALLY!..get really REAL!
-
But, I suspect for you to be able to get really real, you will first need to unravel your own thought process.
-
"Just keep mumbling Bible Bible Bible and ignore everything you hear."
Just keep mumbling Peter was the First Pope ... and ignore EVERYTHING THAT WAS WRITTEN.
-
"The Earth is 5,000 yrs old;"
The Bible does not say the earth is 5,000 years old.
-
"the Bible appeared out of thin air;"
THIN AIR? for who? No-one has said the Bible appeared out of thin air.
-
"everyone in Christianity interpreted it wrong until your born again movement saved the day"
EVERYONE in Christianity has NOT interpreted wrongly - except for the ones who go DIRECTLY AGAINST what CHRIST HIMSELF has said, starting with, "Call no man your Father."
truth

Pearsall, Australia

#492621 Nov 17, 2013
do you love your conection with water..maybe your numbers perpesly have house near you as well conected trough corupt authority too.

by

someone see them
someone know who they are
nobody and nothing
truth

Pearsall, Australia

#492622 Nov 17, 2013
your neighbours will help you
did rthey are drug dillers or contractors with corupt authority which in secret give rights to kill..
then law exist
never obey that sort of authority
recognize with your conciseness who they are

fraud and betray toward public are any more slavery position

not any more

not obey

no

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#492624 Nov 18, 2013
Liam wrote:
You gotta prevent everyone from believing in God. You need to convince everyone to think the same as you!!
Tic toc tic toc. Soon it'll be all over, and the Catholic Church will still be visible. You will have failed! ;-)
I can't prevent religion. It's far too late for that "mammoth" task! But you are a prime example of how religion manipulates the mentality of its victims.

Just a lame-brained offer from a theologian offering you salvation, and you believed that, and whatever else they indoctrinated into your psyche.

Yet you are certain that a Muslim was too easily lead for believing that a 12th Imam is waiting around the corner to save him or her.

Believing in religious myths is all of the same mental infection, but you are held in bondage by your self interest in ONLY your own myth, and so you don't see that the mental bondage applies the same to you as it does to the Muslim.

Prince George, Canada

#492625 Nov 18, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
That's correct.
It's not a pit; it is a valley, a valley just outside of Jerusalem.
The fires from the trash tossed there went out centuries ago.
I'm good with that.
You forgot to focus on the following meaning. In religious literature, valleys aren't wicked ... human souls of "heretics" are wicked.

In Jewish, Christian and Islamic scripture, Gehenna is a destination of the wicked.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gehenna

Prince George, Canada

#492626 Nov 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay ..a,joke about her having all the answers, is,one thing ..I too pray she finds,the,real answer ...And it's JESus,..not any.Church..But let's, not wish her I'll??
You, in your state of arrogance, are the one who is certain you DO have the answer, that you will spend eternity in heaven and others will spend eternity in hell. I am the one who suggests that none of us know whether life will or will not continue after death of our bodies.

We all simply have opinions ... and opinions are a dime a dozen, as is proved over and over on this forum.

Prince George, Canada

#492627 Nov 18, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Shucks June!
Last time you was on vacation we all got together and agreed when the time came we'd put you down like an old war horse.
YUP! And don't forget all about the promise of lighting my body up with happy smoke.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#492628 Nov 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually hate those tv shows,that don't tie up.loose,ends
You believe that you can tie-up Jesus as though "he" is NOT a loose end, but rather your victim who is forced to love you until death you can't part.

Chess

Columbus, OH

#492629 Nov 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to focus on the following meaning. In religious literature, valleys aren't wicked ... human souls of "heretics" are wicked.
In Jewish, Christian and Islamic scripture, Gehenna is a destination of the wicked.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gehenna
I have no problem with my focus, child.

Gehenna is a valley used as a trash dump for Jerusalem in antiquity and as a metaphor for ancient nonsense.

My focus is just fine.

Yours?

Prince George, Canada

#492630 Nov 18, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I will stick with the Word of God: For by grace are ye saved through faith;
Again ... we see the after-affect of the teaching that Christians are saved by grace, compared to the teaching that the faithful Jews must follow the law of the one and only Abrahamic god in theological existence.

Christianity wandered off the path of Judaism, and then the Christians have the downright nerve to claim that the Jews were the traitors to the god.

Prince George, Canada

#492631 Nov 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether you like,Iraq law or not ..we did not go in and,say they must become Christians,.
Christian missionaries insist that Muslims must become Christian ... or god will reject them.

How ironic that Christians don't see, that just as the Muslims strayed from Judaism ... so did the Christians and that both of you claim the god of the Jews loves ONLY you!

Both of you have been blind-sighted ... by religious anxiety.

Prince George, Canada

#492632 Nov 18, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I am so sorry...but that was funny..lol
YEAH ... Jumper is funnier than you and also is certain that Jehovah loves him more than Jehovah loves you.

Chess

Columbus, OH

#492633 Nov 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
YEAH ... Jumper is funnier than you and also is certain that Jehovah loves him more than Jehovah loves you.
June needs a hug.

Prince George, Canada

#492634 Nov 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't. I actually read her posts.
My guess is, the poster "truth" is no more confused than are others. Her concept of reality seems as real to her as our concept of reality seems real to us.

I suggest that belief itself is illusion.

Prince George, Canada

#492635 Nov 18, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
June needs a hug.
Stop threatening me, or I'll report you to Jehovah.

He and I are on speaking terms you know!

Prince George, Canada

#492636 Nov 18, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with my focus.
Gehenna is a valley used as a trash dump for Jerusalem in antiquity and as a metaphor for ancient nonsense.
My focus is just fine.
Yours?
And your Christian hell to me is also a dump of mental trash ... a metaphor for ancient nonsense.

Prince George, Canada

#492637 Nov 18, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Which is it, June?
He changed his opinion or you don't know?
I didn't know the thoughts of John Lennon, as I can't read minds to know if he changed his thoughts one way or the other before he died.

But from what I read of all the early church fathers ... they were haters of those who stayed faithful to Judaism until the church fathers died.

In fact I remember reading of a Catholic on his death-bed, who was worried that "god" would be disappointed in him for not killing enough "heretics."

That is what his Catholicism did TO him.

Prince George, Canada

#492638 Nov 18, 2013
How can we possibly understand others, when we don't even understand our own "make-ups?"

Most people in religion don't perceive that they have simply been indoctrinated by the words taught to them by others.

I believe whether we are in a religion, or not in a religion, we have been indoctrinated by the words of others.

If we were all alone in the world and were raised from birth by a pack of wolves, we would know nothing of human indoctrination whatsoever.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#492639 Nov 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is, the poster "truth" is no more confused than are others. Her concept of reality seems as real to her as our concept of reality seems real to us.
I suggest that belief itself is illusion.
Technically, "life" is an illusion sis....and "perception" might be the deception.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#492640 Nov 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
How can we possibly understand others, when we don't even understand our own "make-ups?"
Most people in religion don't perceive that they have simply been indoctrinated by the words taught to them by others.
I believe whether we are in a religion, or not in a religion, we have been indoctrinated by the words of others.
If we were all alone in the world and were raised from birth by a pack of wolves, we would know nothing of human indoctrination whatsoever.
That has actually happened, and it took a long time to "reprogram" the child...and/or if it was completely successful.
I'm sure the case can be found with a little research.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 1 hr Pardon Me 284
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jan 14 Serah 14,364
News 7 reasons why Friday the 13th is considered an ... Jan 14 True Christian wi... 3
News Women should breastfeed in church, Pope Francis... Jan 11 Jeremy 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory (Jul '15) Dec 30 Dogen 508
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 20 Married in 10,385
News Preview: The Pope's Choir Dec 20 KenJr26 1
More from around the web