Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688609 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#492627 Nov 18, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Shucks June!
Last time you was on vacation we all got together and agreed when the time came we'd put you down like an old war horse.
YUP! And don't forget all about the promise of lighting my body up with happy smoke.

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#492628 Nov 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually hate those tv shows,that don't tie up.loose,ends
You believe that you can tie-up Jesus as though "he" is NOT a loose end, but rather your victim who is forced to love you until death you can't part.

Chess

Columbus, OH

#492629 Nov 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to focus on the following meaning. In religious literature, valleys aren't wicked ... human souls of "heretics" are wicked.
In Jewish, Christian and Islamic scripture, Gehenna is a destination of the wicked.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gehenna
I have no problem with my focus, child.

Gehenna is a valley used as a trash dump for Jerusalem in antiquity and as a metaphor for ancient nonsense.

My focus is just fine.

Yours?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#492630 Nov 18, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I will stick with the Word of God: For by grace are ye saved through faith;
Again ... we see the after-affect of the teaching that Christians are saved by grace, compared to the teaching that the faithful Jews must follow the law of the one and only Abrahamic god in theological existence.

Christianity wandered off the path of Judaism, and then the Christians have the downright nerve to claim that the Jews were the traitors to the god.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#492631 Nov 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether you like,Iraq law or not ..we did not go in and,say they must become Christians,.
Christian missionaries insist that Muslims must become Christian ... or god will reject them.

How ironic that Christians don't see, that just as the Muslims strayed from Judaism ... so did the Christians and that both of you claim the god of the Jews loves ONLY you!

Both of you have been blind-sighted ... by religious anxiety.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#492632 Nov 18, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I am so sorry...but that was funny..lol
YEAH ... Jumper is funnier than you and also is certain that Jehovah loves him more than Jehovah loves you.

Chess

Columbus, OH

#492633 Nov 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
YEAH ... Jumper is funnier than you and also is certain that Jehovah loves him more than Jehovah loves you.
June needs a hug.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#492634 Nov 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't. I actually read her posts.
My guess is, the poster "truth" is no more confused than are others. Her concept of reality seems as real to her as our concept of reality seems real to us.

I suggest that belief itself is illusion.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#492635 Nov 18, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
June needs a hug.
Stop threatening me, or I'll report you to Jehovah.

He and I are on speaking terms you know!

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#492636 Nov 18, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with my focus.
Gehenna is a valley used as a trash dump for Jerusalem in antiquity and as a metaphor for ancient nonsense.
My focus is just fine.
Yours?
And your Christian hell to me is also a dump of mental trash ... a metaphor for ancient nonsense.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#492637 Nov 18, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Which is it, June?
He changed his opinion or you don't know?
I didn't know the thoughts of John Lennon, as I can't read minds to know if he changed his thoughts one way or the other before he died.

But from what I read of all the early church fathers ... they were haters of those who stayed faithful to Judaism until the church fathers died.

In fact I remember reading of a Catholic on his death-bed, who was worried that "god" would be disappointed in him for not killing enough "heretics."

That is what his Catholicism did TO him.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#492638 Nov 18, 2013
How can we possibly understand others, when we don't even understand our own "make-ups?"

Most people in religion don't perceive that they have simply been indoctrinated by the words taught to them by others.

I believe whether we are in a religion, or not in a religion, we have been indoctrinated by the words of others.

If we were all alone in the world and were raised from birth by a pack of wolves, we would know nothing of human indoctrination whatsoever.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#492639 Nov 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is, the poster "truth" is no more confused than are others. Her concept of reality seems as real to her as our concept of reality seems real to us.
I suggest that belief itself is illusion.
Technically, "life" is an illusion sis....and "perception" might be the deception.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#492640 Nov 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
How can we possibly understand others, when we don't even understand our own "make-ups?"
Most people in religion don't perceive that they have simply been indoctrinated by the words taught to them by others.
I believe whether we are in a religion, or not in a religion, we have been indoctrinated by the words of others.
If we were all alone in the world and were raised from birth by a pack of wolves, we would know nothing of human indoctrination whatsoever.
That has actually happened, and it took a long time to "reprogram" the child...and/or if it was completely successful.
I'm sure the case can be found with a little research.
truth

Pearsall, Australia

#492641 Nov 18, 2013
no

still you not tell me
who put me on that Cross INRI
lags hands body mind
-there is a no Mercy
-there is a no law
-there is a suffering
Chess

Columbus, OH

#492643 Nov 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And your Christian hell to me is also a dump of mental trash ... a metaphor for ancient nonsense.
It's not my hell, fool.

My hell is reading your posts.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#492644 Nov 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know the thoughts of John Lennon, as I can't read minds to know if he changed his thoughts one way or the other before he died....
So, when you wrote:
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
As time went by, as do most of us, John Lennon changed his opinions on many issues....
you had no clue whether he had changed his mind on the matter.

Got it.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#492645 Nov 18, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
You realize the Decalogue is a bit of artifice, right?
Catholics and protestants have a different set of 10 commands.
How'd that happen?
~~~

The devil got into it ...He mistranslated the word of God for the Carnally minded Roman Catholics....

JUST AS he as he mistranslated the word of God and deceived Adam and Eve in the GARDEN OF EDEN...
Chess

Columbus, OH

#492646 Nov 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
The devil got into it ...He mistranslated the word of God for the Carnally minded Roman Catholics....
JUST AS he as he mistranslated the word of God and deceived Adam and Eve in the GARDEN OF EDEN...
ley

Those Catholics are a wily bunch, I tell you.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#492647 Nov 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="ReginaM" <quoted text>
Sorry, Kay, but that only applies to The Book of Revelation given in a vision. And the inclusion in the canon of The Book of Revelation was highly disputed. As I said, Christ never told the Apostles or anyone to write anything down. His commission was to PREACH.
As for reading...most people of that time could not read or write. I'm afraid that's a well known fact. It's simply reality.
It is written is ....found

in the New Testament 69 times

Matthew 9 verses
Mark 7 verses
Luke 8 verses
John 5 verses
Acts 5 verses
Romans 16 verses
1 Corinthians 9 verses
2 Corinthians 3 verses
Galatians 4 verses
Hebrews 1 verse
1 Peter 1 verse
1 John 1 verse

Either you are Blind or wilfully ignorant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web