Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,328
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Chess

Columbus, OH

#492338 Nov 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
For centuries, Christians forced Jews to become Christian, but the Christians don't like it when the issue works the other way.
They refer to it as "persecution" of Christians, and seem to forget what their Christian ancestors did to the Jews.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
Bangladeshi Christians told to close church, convert to Islam
The following day, the Christians were summoned to his office. More than 1,000 Muslims waited outside, following an announcement at all local mosques to gather at the chairman's office.
Ordered to embrace Islam
Mokrom Ali, 32, told World Watch Monitor he was forced to accept Islam.
http://www.christiantoday.com/article/banglad...
So you're trying to force Christians to become Muslim.

Good to know.

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#492339 Nov 16, 2013
The Catholics want to imply that a Jew named Jesus supported the anti-Semitic Catholic church fathers.

I suggest that theology is totally wacky.

That is WHY the Jews (faithful to Judaism) comprehended that (within their theology) Jesus was a fake savior and not even close to being the real messiah of the Jews.

A real Jewish messiah (within theology) would want Jews to be better Jews ... not stray to a new religion totally foreign TO Judaism.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#492340 Nov 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It has saved me a few times. Better than armadillo.
I try never to eat armadillo either.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#492341 Nov 16, 2013
The silliest of Christians claim they are purified Jews, yet they preach that Jews can't enter heaven without converting first to Christianity.

Of all the stupidity ... THAT takes the cake!!!

According to their own theology, Jesus dies on the cross as a Jew ... so without his conversion to Christianity, he couldn't enter Christian heaven as he would still be a heretic according TO the Christians.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#492342 Nov 16, 2013
And then there is the Catholic theology that John baptized Jesus into Catholicism before he died on the cross.

That would mean that Jesus DEFINITELY (within the theology) became a traitor to his Jewish father Jehovah.

If you can't see the lies ... you don't WANT to see them ... PERIOD!

Fraser Lake, Canada

#492343 Nov 16, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're trying to force Christians to become Muslim.
Good to know.
NO! I would like them to leave their religions and stop killing each other over such stupidity.

Wouldn't that be a nice change of pace???

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#492344 Nov 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Humans are very dumbed down to the needs of others.
This forum is but one example.
"Join MY religion and you'll get it right. Otherwise, you are wrong ... and "god" won't accept those who are wrong."
So true...

Fraser Lake, Canada

#492345 Nov 16, 2013
Nigeria Christians threaten religious war

April 23, 2013 at 2:45

"The bombings of the mosques ... Islamic institutions, large congregations of Islamic events and assassination of clerics that propagate doctrines of hate will form the core mission of this crusade," MEND spokesman Jomo Gbomo said in a statement.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/Special/2013/04/2...

Fraser Lake, Canada

#492346 Nov 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
So true...
If they want to see it, it's plain.

Christians were and are every bit as militant as any other group.

It's all about defending one's own religion, against the religions of others.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#492347 Nov 16, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Either Paul wrote it himself; or he leaned over Luke or Clement and told them word for word; or one of them wrote on behalf of Pauls teachings.... Using their own inspired words.
The last scenario poses a major problem for the fundamental, but not the Catholic. That's what I was trying to bring up. Bible compilation is just another part in the long list of fundie ignorance.
SOOOO making HE priest who announces,the,writing of Paul.a,liars...is,worth it to test the,faith of fundamentalists...AND, lead,non believers,astray..

Clay ..I'm done on this,as,it IMO
.reflects,poorly on both faiths,for NO REASON .except you saying WE,ARE,right and you ate,wrong ..

Only Catholcs have a,secret handshake ..And,we will tell you the truth if you join..

TAKE VATE AND,PEACE,..IMO.You should think what you are,saying ..is,your hate for Evangelcals,that great that you mock SCRIPTURE

Fraser Lake, Canada

#492348 Nov 16, 2013
And yet, when an Atheist suggests that religion causes trouble ... the Atheist is labeled as an evil offender of ALL the gods ... barring none.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

CHRISTMAS

#492349 Nov 16, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> There's no such saying as a Jewish Christian, there's either a Jew or a Christian. A Christian is a name given to people who were baptized in the New Testament time, after Jesus death, these are the people who are called Christians.
Messianic Jews,follow,Jewish practice ...holidays ..But believe in Uranus,HaMoshiac ..as,Lord and Messiah.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#492350 Nov 16, 2013
"Imagine"

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

CHRISTMAS

#492351 Nov 16, 2013
How Could John, a Poor, Uneducated Fisherman, Write theAcademy is teaching a church group about the reliability of the New Testament. A question was raised about the Apostle John:“How could John, an uneducated fisherman, have written such a literate and theologically rich gospel account?” After all, John was just a fisherman; was he educated enough to accomplish something this sophisticated? Irenaeus, certainly thought so. This historic Bishop of Lugdunum, was the student of Polycarp and Ignatius (two men who were taught directly by the Apostle John). Irenaeus identified the Apostle John as the author of the fourth Gospel, reflecting the historic understanding of the earliest Christians. In spite of this, many skeptics are eager to dismiss the authorship of John (often in an attempt to further discredit the supernatural New Testament claims related to Jesus) by doubting John’s level of education and degree of literacy. There are, however several good reasons to resist the notion that John, the son of Zebedee, was too illiterate to have written the fourth Gospel:
John May Have Been Educated After All
Don’t be too quick to dismiss John as uneducated. Hebrew children were required to memorize the first five books of Torah before they were twelve years old. Young students were also required to discuss these texts and write them. There is good reason to believe John and James were not exempt from this requirement. In fact, the internal evidence from the Gospel suggests John and James were more than familiar with the rabbis and Jewish teachers of their day. Take, for example, this description of Jesus’ arrest and arrival at the residence of Annas (the father-in-law of Caiaphas, the high priest):
John 18:15-16
Simon Peter was following Jesus, and so was another disciple. Now that disciple was known to the high priest, and entered with Jesus into the court of the high priest, but Peter was standing at the door outside. So the other disciple, who was known to the high priest, went out and spoke to the doorkeeper, and brought Peter in.
This “other disciple” is none other than John, the son of Zebedee, and he is described as someone who was well known to the high priest. In fact, he was known adequately enough to gain admission for himself and Peter. Interestingly, while Peter was here in Anna’s courtyard, he was identified by his simple Galilean accent (see Luke 22:59). No one ever identified John in this way, however. John may have been a fisherman, but this doesn’t mean he was necessarily uneducated or unsophisticated. Paul was also quick to identify himself as a tentmaker, but obviously had access to a good education.
John May Have Employed a Scribe
But even if John was under-educated, this does not preclude the reasonable use of a scribe. An assistant of this nature (known as an “amanuensis”) was commonplace at this point in history. Paul repeatedly used a scribe to help him as he dictated his letters to the Church. Tertius helped Paul write the letter to the Romans (Romans 16:22), and Paul admitted using a scribe to help him with 1 Corinthians (1 Corinthians 16:21). If John wrote his Gospel and letters in a similar manner, it is reasonable to infer his use of a scribe. If this was the case, the degree of Greek sophistication would be attributed to the scribe rather than to John. When skeptics point to differences in the form of Greek seen in some of John’s writings (when compared with one another), they most certainly are ignoring the use of an “amanuensis”.
John May Have Grown Into A Wise Author
John’s Gospel is the last of four accounts of Jesus’ life; it clearly demonstrates the benefit of time and reflection. John may have been a fisherman, but this doesn’t mean he could not have grown, over many years, into a multi-lingual, thoughtful, articulate spokesperson.

http://coldcasechristianity.com/2013/how-coul...
Liam

Chicago, IL

#492352 Nov 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
SOOOO making HE priest who announces,the,writing of Paul.a,liars...is,worth it to test the,faith of fundamentalists...AND, lead,non believers,astray..
Clay ..I'm done on this,as,it IMO
.reflects,poorly on both faiths,for NO REASON .except you saying WE,ARE,right and you ate,wrong ..
Only Catholcs have a,secret handshake ..And,we will tell you the truth if you join..
TAKE VATE AND,PEACE,..IMO.You should think what you are,saying ..is,your hate for Evangelcals,that great that you mock SCRIPTURE
The Priest or Deacon says: "a reading from the Gospel according to John".'According' doesn't necessarily mean they had to be the authors. But for the record, I don't believe any of the gospels are in dispute. Most of Pauls letters are believed to be from him. Hebrews and Acts are unknown. 2Peter is thought to be written by one of His disciples. That's why I raised the issue with you guys today. If Ignatius or Clement sat and wrote 2Peter, you'll be forced to admit that the Holy Spirit worked through these men to write part of the Bible. Suddenly their other writings get harder to ignore.
Btw, I have know idea why you fundamentalist ignore the writings from the disciples of the Apostles anyway. I mean, here you have a clear irrefutable explanation of things like Baptism and the Eucharist, and you throw it out?? That's about as ignorant and irresponsible as one can get. I suppose if your arch enemy is the Catholic Church, you've got no choice but to ignore it.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#492353 Nov 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think.they were NOT the authors,..AUTHOR ...not penner..AUTHOR ..
when the,Priest says,the,Epistle of,Paul...it's,untrue or possibly untrue
Yes RoS. And he is correct.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#492354 Nov 16, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Priest or Deacon says: "a reading from the Gospel according to John".'According' doesn't necessarily mean they had to be the authors. But for the record, I don't believe any of the gospels are in dispute. Most of Pauls letters are believed to be from him. Hebrews and Acts are unknown. 2Peter is thought to be written by one of His disciples. That's why I raised the issue with you guys today. If Ignatius or Clement sat and wrote 2Peter, you'll be forced to admit that the Holy Spirit worked through these men to write part of the Bible. Suddenly their other writings get harder to ignore.
Btw, I have know idea why you fundamentalist ignore the writings from the disciples of the Apostles anyway. I mean, here you have a clear irrefutable explanation of things like Baptism and the Eucharist, and you throw it out?? That's about as ignorant and irresponsible as one can get. I suppose if your arch enemy is the Catholic Church, you've got no choice but to ignore it.
I guess the just because you have a special avatar as the poster of the above

there is no proof that you have written it..

Hmmmm do you really exist?

Does God know that you exist?

Mat_7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

How could you know what the fathers will is....

since you disregard/reject....His word?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#492355 Nov 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
NO! I would like them to leave their religions and stop killing each other over such stupidity.
Wouldn't that be a nice change of pace???
You are living proof that dropping the deity does little to remove the anger.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#492356 Nov 16, 2013
who="ReginaM" <quoted text>
Sorry, Kay, but that only applies to The Book of Revelation given in a vision. And the inclusion in the canon of The Book of Revelation was highly disputed. As I said, Christ never told the Apostles or anyone to write anything down. His commission was to PREACH.
As for reading...most people of that time could not read or write. I'm afraid that's a well known fact. It's simply reality.

----------
Hogwash! Churches were instructed to share the written works of Paul. Jeremiah had a secretary who wrote for him, and when the king cut up the message and burned it, God instructed Jeremiah to have another one written.

God Himself wrote the Ten Commandments, and Jews believe that He did the whole Torah.

You all work to hard to say that God can't speak for Himself...

KayMarie
Chess

Columbus, OH

#492357 Nov 16, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="ReginaM" <quoted text>
Sorry, Kay, but that only applies to The Book of Revelation given in a vision. And the inclusion in the canon of The Book of Revelation was highly disputed. As I said, Christ never told the Apostles or anyone to write anything down. His commission was to PREACH.
As for reading...most people of that time could not read or write. I'm afraid that's a well known fact. It's simply reality.
----------
Hogwash! Churches were instructed to share the written works of Paul. Jeremiah had a secretary who wrote for him, and when the king cut up the message and burned it, God instructed Jeremiah to have another one written.
God Himself wrote the Ten Commandments, and Jews believe that He did the whole Torah.
You all work to hard to say that God can't speak for Himself...
KayMarie
You realize the Decalogue is a bit of artifice, right?

Catholics and protestants have a different set of 10 commands.

How'd that happen?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence 58 min QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 2
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Jesus saves 8,717
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web