Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,751)

Showing posts 475,001 - 475,020 of511,680
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>No, I don't. I am standing firm on the Rock of Ages, which is Jesus Christ, but ALL catholics are treading on quicksand with no hope of rescue.
again, God placed Himself in the womb of Mary, He never relinquish the Antemortal Godship of Christ, He was God before Mary and He always was. to bad that you are to ignorant to understand that. but we shouldn't expect intelligence from a troll who is to scared to use their own nick.
for oxbore.

the Antemortal Godship of Christ, It comes from mormonish and means that Christ was ,is and always will be God.

one of the few things that they get right.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What is blaspheming the,HOLY Spirit exactly ...serious,question.
REALLY???
Are you claiming to be a Christian and have to ask this in regards to that?

Jesus, God come as man, was born of God's holy Spirit to an unblemished virgin free from sin, Mary.

For that dry, twisted attaplowboy heretic to accuse her of sin is blasphemy against God's holy SPirit.

The Annunciation to Mary inaugurates "the fullness of time," the time of the fulfillment of God's promises and preparations.
Mary was invited to conceive him in whom the "whole fullness of deity" would dwell "bodily." The divine response to her question, "How can this be, since I know not man?" was given by the power of the Spirit: "The Holy Spirit will come upon you."
(Gal 4:4;Col 2:9;Lk 1:34-35)

The mission of the Holy Spirit is always conjoined and ordered to that of the Son.
The Holy Spirit, "the Lord, the giver of Life," is sent to sanctify the womb of the Virgin Mary and divinely fecundate it, causing her to conceive the eternal Son of the Father in a humanity drawn from her own.
(Jn 16:14-15)

The Father's only Son, conceived as man in the womb of the Virgin Mary, is "Christ," that is to say, anointed by the Holy Spirit, from the beginning of his human existence.
Thus the whole life of Jesus Christ will make manifest "how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power."
(Mt 1:20; 2:1-12; Lk 1:35; 2:8-20; Jn 1:31-34; 2:11; Acts 10:38)

There ain't enough schools for the fools on this thread.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>used a few words over the level of your intelligence, uh? LOL. tell me Oxbor, what are you trying to prove with this verse that you have used on almost every Christian on this Forum.
not ONE person has ever said that Jesus is God the Father, and with that being said, you are sparring with your own shadow, with no chance of winning.
the Scriptures bear witness that Jesus is the son of God. He cant be the Father and yet be the Son.

Matt 3;17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

you have permission to call God names like you do others who know more than you do too
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
AGAIN, IT IS JESUS THAT SAVES, IT IS JESUS THAT DIED, NOT THE HOLY GHOST.
So, looks like to me, I believe and know what I am talking about. no wonder, people have deserted you
So you are trying to tell us you have no grasp of The Trinity?

Then you must be trying to tell us you are not a Christian.

Come to Jesus, leave your pride behind. There is still hope for you.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Purgatory is a place where our sins are cleansed from our souls. no one can go to heaven without being cleansed. Some people do suffer here on earth enough to go straight to heaven, such as agonizing cancer . Children do have sins on their souls, we are born with original sin and only the Blessed Virgin was free from sin. Little children do sin and do go to Purgatory. Some are not responseble for their actions , such as very young children and the mentally handicapped, but even Saints go through Purgatory. Purgatory is not a bad thing, Rose, if you made Purgatory, you know you will see heaven at some time. We need to pray for the poor souls in Purgatory. In return they pray for us. there is a concept where some say Purgatory is something we travel through going to Heaven, going through fire, then seeing Heaven. I don't know where people get the idea that children won't go to Purgatory. We are taught how to confess our sins right before we receive First Communion. Chrildren are seven then and are aware of sin.
First of all the Catholic church is a man made church that is spoken of in the bible as the biggest deceiver of mankind. There is no such thing as purgatory and I urge you to pick up your bible and find it, which you will never find it because it's nothing more than man made false doctrine. If you would pick up the bible you will see there's nothing about a Catholic church, nothing at all. When you die you either go to a place called paradise or a place described as Abraham's bosom and the other place is described as a place of outer darkness where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Children have no sin and no original sin or any other sin, they are without sin until they are old enough to commit sin. You do not pray for the dead, where you got that I haven't a clue. You need to study your bible because everything you said isn't true at all. Once again, the bible doesn't mention anything about a Catholic church nor does it mention anything you said, so you should see that everything you have learned is false. Prove to us all where it says anything you talked about by showing us in the bible if you can.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the Scriptures bear witness that Jesus is the son of God. He cant be the Father and yet be the Son.
Matt 3;17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
you have permission to call God names like you do others who know more than you do too
When God was passing out brains, did you think he said brains and ask for a slow one?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh well ..I have more recent belief ...very ..:)
Jesus is,My Lord And Saviour ...He,was talked of in ages,past ..He will RETURN ...I prayIng am reader's HE does
:)
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> First of all the Catholic church is a man made church......
You are correct.
The Catholic Church is The Church Jesus Built.
Jesus was fully man and fully God.

St.Peter was anointed by Jesus as the first vicar, or Pope, of The Catholic Church Jesus built.

The Church, or Body of Christ on earth, is all about mankind.

Haven't you ever read The Bible?
Check with your local priest for assistance.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>for oxbore.
the Antemortal Godship of Christ, It comes from mormonish and means that Christ was ,is and always will be God.
one of the few things that they get right.
Horseship!!!!

Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

FYI...equal with God does not compute to :Christ is God!!!

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>in fact, old man, name me one thing that I am inconsistent on when it comes to what "thus saith the Lord".
one thing.
so I take it that you have been let out of the insane asylum again.
[A]ll who exalt themselves will be humbled, but all who humble themselves will be exalted.

-- Jesus, according to Luke

Fool.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Horseship!!!!
Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
FYI...equal with God does not compute to :Christ is God!!!
Fundie fight.

I'll make the popcorn.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
The concept of limbo dates back 1500 years to the conflict between Pelagius and St. Augustine.
Pelagius asserted that man is not wounded by original sin and is capable of achieving salvation through his natural reason and will alone.
St. Augustine held that after the Fall from grace, as the result of Original Sin,human nature was deeply wounded, corrupted, disordered, changed, mutable, given to concupiscence, born guilty and selfish.
But what about infants who are wounded or stained by Original Sin and die before being baptized?
the idea of
A special place for unbaptized infants was proposed.
This concept of Limbo passed through intricate phases of development.
Augustine and the African Fathers postulated that unbaptized infants share in the common misery of the damned. However their punishment is the mildest of all.
In response to the Pelagian heresy, Augustine persuaded the Council of Carthage (418) to condemn, the the existence of "an intermediate place, or of any place anywhere at all in which children who pass out of this life unbaptized live in happiness"
Gregory of Nazianzus asserted children dying without baptism are excluded of seeing God face to face
In 1201 Pope Innocent III in a letter stated original sin, however, is punished by the loss of the vision of God.
By the thirteenth century, this view was dominant.
Abelard: rejected material torment/retained only the pain of loss as the punishment of original sin
Abelard's teaching was condemned by the Council of Soissons in 1140
However most of the Scholastics embraced this teaching.
Peter Lombard further popularized it
Aquinas broke away completely from the Augustinian tradition
He proposed that infants would not be troubled over their loss because they simply would have no knowledge of what they were missing.
Aquinas' view was received in the schools, almost without opposition
Augustinian teaching was revived at the Reformation, particularly by the Calvinists.
This divided Catholics into two camps.
The majority of Catholic theologians proceed with the doctrine that the children's limbo is a state of perfect natural happiness.
Some compromise with the Augustine position.
Advocates of this view argue that the Fall must have wounded nature to some degree. Some loss must been incurred. Some rights must have been lost-such as the right to perfect felicity.- However this implies no pain and no and no spiritual anguish for the loss of the beatific vision.
The key issue in dispute is the contention whether, in the state of limbo,the unbaptized child's condition is just the same as it would have been if God had not established the present supernatural order.
None of these positions were officially proclaimed by the Magisterium
All this basically was overshadowed when Pope Benedict XVI was presented with Vatican studies that said there were 'serious' grounds that such souls could go to heaven, rather than exist between heaven and hell as they have done for almost 800 years."
The Pope authorized the Roman Catholic Church's International Theological Commission on April 22, 2007 to publish a 41-page document titled: "The Hope of Salvation for Infants Who Die without Being Baptized."
Uh HUH. Just as I thought ...The proclamation of pious fools.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

is that friendly say wog..
see
wog and fog
see deference
magla=fog

o moj boze=bodge is cambodge
see symbol comebodge and maglaj
buthan and mongolia

be very carefull

did you ever see stog=from slama s$lama see on map
chine and mongol
1573 matia gubec see pesant revolution

see
my mind is not yours
thanks god i am good thinker

love your god with mind and heart

mistake put hand over me
no
jesi donio mach

every words from me is as sword
jeli tvoja baka ima bradavicu na nosu
ima ima baba pera oh
stara se pera nije udavala isla u crkvu snt R.oko
govorila je
jos imamo tebe capnit
i gotovo
e necesh
e hocu
e necesh
e hocu
e necesh
i nije
ko je vidija pit vino iz drvene bukare
jesus i misusovo
govorila je ona
na cug otisla bi cijela bukara 1 liter
then..she fly whats so ever

by
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

I feel I sinned at birth by not wanting to be born, and till I was thirtysome, still felt that preborn comfort in my jaw,

since then they say 'borderline personality',

maybe Hermi has a thought?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

pray against fog

see words wog

Who is strange in my Father house?
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>old man, if I ever say something that isn't true call me on it, if not Shut up.
I call you out lol,

Does belief in Jesus SAVE COMPLETLY, yes or no.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

https://www.google.com.au/search...
https://www.google.com.au/search...
hochemindje

see flower mendjusica=eargarment too

see
i told you before
about house on store
dr.e.s.d.e.n
dress then proply
then i say
i can't dance
why cocky dance
i say to you
don't be decived
then i say
look a roof who stay on roof

its tradition that people cover up head with hat both woman and man in past tradition
its words of wisdom
its wrong take hat from man head
not from oldest man
no
who do that
not worthy honor

i say to you
ones more
what ever you try restore
you try hide
but generaly looking
good seed and very bad seed
every general have seed as symbol over neck and hand
=they tell you sin or error going from mouth
i say to you food going into mouth..
with food your restore power of your body and wealth
i say to you
some is air water food medicine and so on..
i listen my priest when he say
sin go from mouth
ye ye ye

error sickness and everything going into body

Jesus say what is in my father house..mecentile
trade people this or that

i say to you
pay attention
where ever wisdom is
respect your oldest mothers fathers grandmothers grandfathers and teachers of wisdom

don't be false witness
not to wish what is not belong to you

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I call you out lol,
Does belief in Jesus SAVE COMPLETLY, yes or no.
call someone out means that they are wrong. care to elaborate in when I am wrong on a subject. just because you think that you know more than I do about salvation doesn't mean that YOU DO.

now go fire up your bong and take another toke.

even tho a person may get saved, it doesn't mean that they will be Saved in the Long Run. for instance the Word of God says this.

“He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.” Revelation 3:5

when a person is saved their name is written in that Book of Life, therefore if a person backslides(in your case, I sincerely doubt that you were ever saved or you wouldn't be smoking that devil weed), that name is taken out of the Book of Life and they are Lost. Jesus says that not Preston or GIF, Jesus.

you are even dumber than clay, you ought to know better, he doesn't.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Judged:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Why abraham need blessing?

i say to you
all angels and demons will fall
you say that indirectly

i say to you
from 3 o'clock toward mornig
i hear melodic man voice
thousand thousand thousand thousand

from 3 oclock toward 6 o'clock in morning constantly

i say to you
everything will past my words not..
act 3;25
Did you accuse abuse rest and judge prophets?

Why Abraham need blessing?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 475,001 - 475,020 of511,680
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Lorenzo 7,633
Greek Orthodox prelates denounce Catholicism as... 13 hr Joseph Paskudnok 2
Anglican priest ordained to Catholic priesthood... Apr 14 Highchurchman 5
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Apr 12 ELIAS IBARRA 17
Krakow prays to its saint John Paul II Apr 12 Clear Dharma 5
Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims Apr 10 Silent Crusader 4
Pope Presses Anti-AIDS Chastity Strategy in Africa Apr 8 Atheist Silurist 2
•••
•••