Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670239 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492518 Nov 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
There is one Lord,
And within the correct "Jewish" theology ... his name is Jehovah.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#492519 Nov 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina,..really??
You think I don't know,He spoke the words before they were written.
I'm really not thinking that .
The gospels came from the disciples knowledge ..first hand or interviewed .....are the story of the life and teachings,of Jesus,.
And if you read the post before mine..ATHEISTS ARE ALWSYS SAYING Basically the CHURCH MADE THEM UP..
AND Clay just now Saud they COUKD have been written by Clement or Ignatius .
He,was saying before that John may not have checked over the shoulders of the writers to check the words ..he wants us to read the other writings,I get that .
But fir Some Reason ..the Canon was put together for a,reason..as it was ...You all want to put your Church above the,WORDS,of Jesus,..fine ..But then don't say someone else AUTHRED the,WORD ...And,Ugnaiud is,authentic
I've argued toe o toe with those calling the bible made YouTube Constantine etc ...I find the posts,annoying from a,Catholic is the point ..
And he just inferred it AGain..
I'll read the bible he van read Ignatius and Clement ..I'll no cast doubt on Ignatius,and he can keep with what those who put the Canon together as to author ..or not .
Really sick of the subject ..Regina,..sorry ..2days is,my limit for making a,point .
After that it goes in circles ...And my.BP,goes up .if he cannot realize what his,posts,look.like ..I am not going o change his mind ..
But he does jeep implying the others wrote it....And that is,definitely NOT EHAT did or does come from your pulpits ..That I know of.
The BIBLE,is the inspired WORD of God ....
Rose, rose, rose....the atheists are always going to say things like that. They're only here to agitate you and rattle your cage. Why are you letting them? Although the one just posted a great recipe for pulled pork that looks out of this world! Yum!!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492520 Nov 17, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Whether you are aware or not, I am informing you that your writings have a very hostile impact on the reader.
I have news for you Robert F. I won't convert to Catholicism to try to pacify your emotions.

The Catholic church is the place for you.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492521 Nov 17, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>That does it...your shunned...lol
What else would a good god do but shun me???

:)
Chess

Columbus, OH

#492522 Nov 17, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, all right. For some pistachio-anise wafers, I'll care too.
Them wafers sure does comes in handy.

Yes, they does.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#492523 Nov 17, 2013
Heaven begins in the meanest street, in the vilest house, when God's grace enters the soul of a man living there.

~My Way of Life: The Summa Simplified for Everyone
Walter Farrell, OP, STM and Martin Healy, STD

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492524 Nov 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism…
and One Church founded by Jesus Christ
“Where the bishop is, there let the multitude of believers be; even as where Jesus is, there is the Catholic Church” Saint Ignatius, Bishop of Antioch, 1st c. A.D.
I suggest that bishop was comparable to an arrogant braying ass ... indicating that a Jewish savior would be wherever Ignatius was ... whether day or night.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Anti-Semitism of the "Church Fathers"

Ignatius Bishop of Antioch (98-117A.D.)– Epistle to the Magnesians

For if we are still practicing Judaism, we admit that we have not received God’s favor…it is wrong to talk about Jesus Christ and live like Jews. For Christianity did not believe in Judaism, but Judaism in Christianity.
truth

Pearsall, Australia

#492525 Nov 17, 2013
Real Creator exist.

Is deceiver and possessors in delusion?

Thanks not nice be liar..its very nice tell others what you think.

Family tree with many branches exist from generation to generation..its deference someone liked you or not or remove name for ever but world still exist what so ever evil from matrix try do.

Who liked be bigger then God?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#492526 Nov 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What else would a good god do but shun me???
Who can blame him?

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492527 Nov 17, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Whether you are aware or not, I am informing you that your writings have a very hostile impact on the reader.
I believe that your idol was a very hostile man. But, so indoctrinated are you to be anti-Semitic, you don't even CARE!!!

Your conscience concerning the issue of how the Jews suffered is totally unimportant to you.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

John Chrysostom (344-407 A.D.)– One of the "greatest" of church fathers; known as "The Golden Mouthed." A missionary preacher famous for his sermons and addresses.

The synagogue is worse than a brothel…it is the den of scoundrels and the repair of wild beasts…the temple of demons devoted to idolatrous cults…the refuge of brigands and dabauchees, and the cavern of devils. It is a criminal assembly of Jews…a place of meeting for the assassins of Christ… a house worse than a drinking shop…a den of thieves, a house of ill fame, a dwelling of iniquity, the refuge of devils, a gulf and a abyss of perdition."…"I would say the same things about their souls… As for me, I hate the synagogue…I hate the Jews for the same reason.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492528 Nov 17, 2013
The idea that Christians could capture a Jew as their own PET-savior, is alive and very unwell.

And all because the early church fathers decided to create yet another myth as being based on truth.

And having studied many religious myths through the years, from my perspective ... barring none, the Jesus-myth is the most ridiculous of all religious myth.

And a runner up, is the ridiculous Muslim myth that the 12th Imam is going to be sent to earth by the one Abrahamic god of the Jews to save ONLY Muslims.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#492529 Nov 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sigh ...as,Preston says,she is,a,Catholic lady ..with not much English,..
Seems quite able to use correct english when she wishes to. Seems to use Croatian more than any other, so I assumed that is where she hails...an area that experienced a whole "different" halocaust.
truth

Pearsall, Australia

#492530 Nov 17, 2013
Yes very short on English you can understood.

They will come in my name its not me.
It is written.
Many.. many are angels and demons but fall.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492531 Nov 17, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Who can blame him?
You would never blame Jehovah for not saving me ... would you?

I know I sure as the devil wouldn't blame him for not saving YOU.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492532 Nov 17, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
Heaven begins in the meanest street, in the vilest house, when God's grace enters the soul of a man living there.
~My Way of Life: The Summa Simplified for Everyone
Walter Farrell, OP, STM and Martin Healy, STD
"Simplified for Everyone!"

How funny.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492533 Nov 17, 2013
truth wrote:
Real Creator exist.
Who liked be bigger then God?
All human creators of gods liked being bigger than their gods.

If that were not so, they wouldn't have created the images of the gods in the first place.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#492534 Nov 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
And a runner up, is the ridiculous Muslim myth that the 12th Imam is going to be sent to earth by the one Abrahamic god of the Jews to save ONLY Muslims.
Fun is fun June,but dont start in on those folks or you might bring one of those 'g hads' on us all!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492535 Nov 17, 2013
Christians are taught that they are under Grace ... NOT Jewish law.

How odd, that Jehovah would give them Grace for not following his law, and yet the faithful Jews have to follow the Jewish law.

Fibs galore.
truth

Pearsall, Australia

#492536 Nov 17, 2013
I can wrote but don't want.
My no can be as your yes.

Exactly my family suffer as well my people too.
For them God never exist because to much delusion from deceivers and possessors..

Its exist
-very low organization
-very high organization
Which as it is they ruin every person and every family.

Who come first as well why?

Holy scripture are change many times ad many times righteousness people eliminated many times.

Now serve your wicket Masters and Gods.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492537 Nov 17, 2013
Peter the Venerable – known as "the meekest of men, a model of Christian charity"

Yes, you Jews. I say, do I address you; you, who till this very day, deny the Son of God. How long, poor wretches, will ye not believe the truth? Truly I doubt whether a Jew can be really human… I lead out from its den a monstrous animal, and show it as a laughing stock in the amphitheater of the world, in the sight of all the people. I bring thee forward, thou Jew, thou brute beast, in the sight of all men.

From "The Roots of Christian Anti-Semitism" by Malcolm Hay

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Feb 17 True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
News Pope illuminates 'tree' via Tablet (Dec '11) Feb 11 Phart Seasonally 23
News Giant John Paul II statuea (Apr '13) Feb 11 Phart Loudly 41
More from around the web