Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683659 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#492500 Nov 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
O NEVER SAID,ALL THE,APOSTKES,WROTE ..ever ..I said,apostles,wrote,..also non apostles,.
Now,maybe you disagree,with the choice if books,for THE,CANON ..I assume they cross-country,that were contemporary for a,reason..
I DID NOT CHOOSE,''and we have no idea,WHAT writings,were,destroyed either .
I'm just saying when you cast doubt on the,authenticity of your own Can on..just because Proestants,rely on the,words,..it does a,disserice
IMO to both our Faiths,.
And can mislead people,looking for something to believe .
Maybe,the Catholic priest they met ..they hated,..the nuns,were,too strict ..the,Prorstant minister or some CHRISTIAN'S were,terrible,to them..at some time,..
Evangelicals,..some carry little books,of the John Gospel .
Along with the,Faith they share,..they give it out for reading ..
Aren't those,souls,..disillusioned by PEOPLE,worth hearing the word ..yet they come,on the internet ..read a CATHOLic Saying the,works,are not the,WORK of Jesus,Disciples,who HEARD THEM ...
we have no way of knowing hoe far our words,go Clay ..that's,my point .
You doubt the veracity ..or authorship..
Just a,suggestion .ask your priest before publishing ..
Up.to you
I BELUEVE the word was,meant to get out through bible a,and Evangelism ..You think if they don't go through your Church ..what they believe is,untrue,..if they don't read Ignatius..etc as,well .
Yet Jesus,did NOT go into huge theology lectures,when He preached,.
A,person hearing about the,Prodigal.. or the one who paid the wages,..maybe that's,all they ever got ..yet they realized they had,truth and,took it home to their families,..
One,tiny part of a,bible may be all someone ever has,. if they turn to CHRIST .AND NEVER MEET A,PRIEST ..never read your Church Fathers,..do you think..Jesus,sacrifice was,NO GOOD,FOR them. As,they profess,live for Him..
Just think on it
PEACE,
Hon, your canon is a composition of 27 texts, most either anonymously published or 2nd century pseudographs.

Aside from Paul's Hauptbriefe and, possibly, Revelation, assuming that John was not pretending to be the son of Zebedee, none of the texts likely are written by the claimed authors.

I asked my priest before I published this and he said it was OK.

Alright, I don't have a priest.

But I did ask my parrot.

Unfortunately, he was preoccupied:

&fe ature=c4-overview&list=UUk _3qff-YVY1HR0l78z5o5Q
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#492501 Nov 17, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You are nuts
How old are you?
Liam

Detroit, MI

#492502 Nov 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
O NEVER SAID,ALL THE,APOSTKES,WROTE ..ever ..I said,apostles,wrote,..also non apostles,.
Now,maybe you disagree,with the choice if books,for THE,CANON ..I assume they cross-country,that were contemporary for a,reason..
I'm just saying when you cast doubt on the,authenticity of your own Can on..just because Proestants,rely on the,words,..it does a,disserice
IMO to both our Faiths,.
Maybe,the Catholic priest they met ..they hated,..the nuns,were,too strict ..the,Prorstant minister or some CHRISTIAN'S were,terrible,to them..at some time,..
Aren't those,souls,..disillusioned by PEOPLE,worth hearing the word ..yet they come,on the internet ..read a CATHOLic Saying the,works,are not the,WORK of Jesus,Disciples,who HEARD THEM ...
Up.to you
I BELUEVE the word was,meant to get out through bible a,and Evangelism ..You think if they don't go through your Church ..what they believe is,untrue,..if they don't read Ignatius..etc as,well .
A,person hearing about the,Prodigal.. or the one who paid the wages,..maybe that's,all they ever got ..yet they realized they had,truth and,took it home to their families,..
One,tiny part of a,bible may be all someone ever has,. if they turn to CHRIST .AND NEVER MEET A,PRIEST ..never read your Church Fathers,..do you think..Jesus,sacrifice was,NO GOOD,FOR them. As,they profess,live for Him..
Just think on it
PEACE,
Please stop saying that I'm casting doubt on the authenticity of our canon. I've said nothing but the opposite.
To the Catholic, it doesn't matter who actually wrote it. we say its still inspired.
And IF Ignatius or Clement wrote a letterthemselves (on behalf of Peter or Paul) that made it into the Bible, it further makes y'all look stupid for completely ignoring their other writings- which clearly destroy all protestant theology and proves you teach contrary to what Jesus Christ taught.
hojo

Chaska, MN

#492503 Nov 17, 2013
There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism…
and One Church founded by Jesus Christ

“Where the bishop is, there let the multitude of believers be; even as where Jesus is, there is the Catholic Church” Saint Ignatius, Bishop of Antioch, 1st c. A.D.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#492504 Nov 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The danger is, that you protect the vile church fathers in their plot to make people of the world hate the Jews and in turn torture and kill them for an issue of which they were NOT even responsible.
Your anger is at ME for exposing their plot, and I suggest that says more about you, than it does about me.
You are not interested in the truth of that issue. You are only fearful that what the Catholic theologians taught about your own salvation was based on lies ... and I believe that you would be RIGHT, and that is what shakes your concept of your world to the core.
And I say GOOD!!! That is my reason for being ON the forum.
June

In a pig's eye...(smiles)

I am free of fear. And your insistence that I turn from my freedom, and be caged again is not going to happen.

I can see how you believe that some are intimidated by your rather large knowledge base, but actually it is both your presumption and conclusion that I, or most people deflate. Data and history that are interpreted are ALWAYS suspect.

I applaud your focus on achieving a person to question what is acceptable. Again, I applaud you for your effort. But some of what you write is built on extreme prejudice, rather than on reasoning with someone, or enlightening someone. And you lose your audience because of that prejudice(assumptions) and its conclusion....
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#492505 Nov 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
No Regina,sorry..Clay has Saud several one that the APOSTLES DID Not write..because Jesus,did not tell hem to...going back weeks ..
Which is kind of a Catch 22 since Jesus words come from the written Gospels.
Clay has held up Ignatius over the writings of Paul and the apostles .
If your priest says this is the Gospel according to John..do we BRLIEVE your priests or not.
I think THRY wrote or dictated their own writings ...through the guidance and inspiration of he HOLY SPIRIT .
My only point here is in the gloating about non authenticity to put down JG and Preston ..etc Reliance on Scripture .
The upshot of which to me is,against your own teAching...And giving
Fodder to the the atheists ..
Now the Catholic Church either believes it's own CANON or not ..
I THINK IT DOES ..for the most part despite scholars,like that Raymond person who casts,doubt on the Nativity story ...And Clay eh o seems to think we are foolish in believing scripture ...I've the writings,of your early father's ..
I'm not the one who did NOT include them in he CANON ..
However you are all free to believe as you wish ..I'm pretty sure the atheists will still niece it's a,myth anyway ..But talk like that IMO ..could cause DOUBT to young believers ...
PEACE
I must be a glutton for punishment, but here goes:

I'll just address a few points for the time being. First of all, Clay was right in saying that Jesus didn't tell anyone to write anything down...He didn't.

Secondly, you posted above that Jesus' words come from the written gospels. Hmm, that's a big problem right there and one that I think Clay has been trying to talk to you about all along. Jesus' words came BEFORE one word of the Gospels was ever written. As did the church He founded. The Gospels came out of the Church, not the other way around, Rose. We worship the Word, and venerate the word. Do you see the difference?

Clay never denied Matthew, Mark, Luke and John wrote the Gospels and he never held up St. Ignatius over Scripture.

As for the atheists, who cares? You're the only one who's even paying attention to them. If you say black, they'll say white every time. I wouldn't bother, if I were you.
hojo

Chaska, MN

#492506 Nov 17, 2013
Protestants Condemn the Catholic Church for Holding to Apostolic Traditions... While at the same time holding to their own man-made traditions.
Since the Protestant reformation, and the subsequent separation by them from the Catholic Church, Protestantism lost the teaching arm of the Catholic Church and the holding of Sacred Tradition. In so doing, they reverted to a condemnation of holding all tradition, both Sacred and man-made. They then turned to the only resource they had left, the Holy Bible, a product of the Catholic Church by the way. At about the same time, they invented a new man-made doctrine called Sola Scriptura, or 'Bible only', which in itself teaches that if it cannot be found in the Bible, then it is simply did not happen, is not true, and is therefore not to be believed.
Interestingly, Protestants reject keeping the Sacred Traditions held by the Catholic Church, yet they have several man-made traditions of their own to which they hold. Holy Scripture is very clear in separating man-made tradition from GOD made, or Apostolic Tradition (capital 'T' Tradition). Scripture commands us to "Hold the Traditions that you have learned, whether by word or by letter of ours", 2Thess 2:15.
Here are a few of Protestant invented man-made traditions which are not to be found in Scripture and which clearly ignore the meaning of Sola Scriptura. These Protestant 'traditions' are used to attack the Catholic Church in many ways.
1. The man-made false doctrine of "Sola Scriptura" is itself a Protestant tradition. Read my files, "For Whom the Bell Tolls", and "The Origin of Sola Scriptura", and other files of this same subject on this web site. The man-made tradition of Sola Scriptura is not to be found in Scripture. In fact it is not to be found anywhere in history before the reformation.
2. The man-made false doctrine of "Individual Interpretation of Holy Scripture" is condemned by Scripture itself. However, Protestants do it all the time, while ignoring the many verses which admonish them not to do so. This is a Protestant invented man-made tradition. See the same references listed above for the many verses.
3. The man-made false doctrine of "Not Baptizing Infants". Interestingly, Protestants attack the Catholic Church for baptizing infants, yet nowhere in Scripture does it say, "Do not Baptize Infants". I have been told that we should not baptize children until they are old enough to accept Jesus Christ. What happens to their souls if they die or are killed before that time? Where in Scripture does it say to wait until they can reason it out for themselves? In fact, Holy Scripture says to baptize all, as I have shown in another file called, "Baptism". This is yet another Protestant tradition.
4. The man-made false doctrine of "Baptism by Immersion Only". Protestants attack the Catholic Church for not baptizing by immersion. This is a false attack, as the Catholic Church does baptize by immersion. There is nothing in Holy Scripture that says "Baptism must be done by immersion", so a lack of Scriptural proof makes that charge another Protestant tradition. See the same "Baptism"
file for the facts.
5. The man-made false doctrine which shows that the "Catholic Church apostatized" in the early centuries and is therefore, not the Church which Jesus Christ founded. This charge is certainly not Scriptural, and it is not even historical, as no genuine historical document has proved this to be true. To the contrary, if anyone would take the time to read the writings of the historians of the Church, the Church Fathers, they would find just the opposite of this false charge to be true. From the first fathers to the last, spanning over five centuries, they mention the Catholic Church by name and how it grew and expanded. There is not one word of this "Great Apostasy" which Protestants invented. Yet, Protestants teach this lie, as it is one of their man-made traditions to do so.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#492507 Nov 17, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
As for the atheists, who cares? You're the only one who's even paying attention to them. If you say black, they'll say white every time. I wouldn't bother, if I were you.
I care!

**Waves hand**
yessir

Falls City, NE

#492508 Nov 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina,
I know,..But I've had,experience ..on saying oh your on a,pro life,site,. Or your on a,Protestant site,. I was trying to avoid it ..
I do NOT use,Wikipedia,as,any final authority ..
But it is,the,closest to neutral between opposite,sides of an argument ..in my experience ..:)
From Abbey Johnson quote Some of you must not understand how hormonal birth control works. In about 7-10% of the time, breakthrough ovulation occurs. When that happens, and sex happens, fertilization can occur. When fertilization occurs, a baby is formed. One of the ways birth control works is that the uterine lining is changed which will ABORT the newly conceived BABY. So, if you are prolife, how can you be okay with causing an abortion??

Also, there is never a medical need for birth control. Never. That is a lie that has been brought to you by the mainstream, birth control pushing, medical community. If you haven't heard of NaPro technology, check it out. It will change your life.

Some of you have also bought into the abortion industry's talking point that birth control reduces abortions. However, that is not what the majority of studies show. When contraception rates rise, abortion rates rise. Makes sense since abortion is the final form of birth control.

Up until 1930, EVERY Christian Church was opposed to hormonal birth control methods. Something to think about.

When we start compromising on life, evil ensues. Some of you will still disagree with me...even after being told that birth control causes abortions.(Not to mention that it is a Class 1 Carcinogen). I get the justification...I used to be the same way. But I have learned that of you have to justify something, then you probably shouldn't be doing it. Liam mentioned how protestants were against birth control, what happened? The protestants caved in to the glamour of evil.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#492509 Nov 17, 2013
yessir wrote:
<quoted text> From Abbey Johnson quote Some of you must not understand how hormonal birth control works. In about 7-10% of the time, breakthrough ovulation occurs. When that happens, and sex happens, fertilization can occur. When fertilization occurs, a baby is formed. One of the ways birth control works is that the uterine lining is changed which will ABORT the newly conceived BABY. So, if you are prolife, how can you be okay with causing an abortion??
Also, there is never a medical need for birth control. Never. That is a lie that has been brought to you by the mainstream, birth control pushing, medical community. If you haven't heard of NaPro technology, check it out. It will change your life.
Some of you have also bought into the abortion industry's talking point that birth control reduces abortions. However, that is not what the majority of studies show. When contraception rates rise, abortion rates rise. Makes sense since abortion is the final form of birth control.
Up until 1930, EVERY Christian Church was opposed to hormonal birth control methods. Something to think about.
When we start compromising on life, evil ensues. Some of you will still disagree with me...even after being told that birth control causes abortions.(Not to mention that it is a Class 1 Carcinogen). I get the justification...I used to be the same way. But I have learned that of you have to justify something, then you probably shouldn't be doing it. Liam mentioned how protestants were against birth control, what happened? The protestants caved in to the glamour of evil.
So you're saying spay or neuter your Christians instead?

I'm good with that.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#492510 Nov 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO to both our Faiths,.
Up.to you
Just think on it
PEACE,
Rose, you're going too far now. Clay never cast doubt on the authenticity of the scriptures. You're also imagining all these scenarios of someone having "one tiny part of the bible" and seeking God on a topix forum of all places and being disillusioned, etc., etc. It's out of hand now.

Let me tell you something...the priest signs the Gospel with his thumb (traces the Cross) and kisses it upon every reading. Protestants use a fluorescent highlighter and bang people over the head with it. Which method do you think a "seeker" is going to find more edifying?

I don't care if you get mad at me or not, some things just need to be said.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#492511 Nov 17, 2013
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#492512 Nov 17, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, you're going too far now. Clay never cast doubt on the authenticity of the scriptures. You're also imagining all these scenarios of someone having "one tiny part of the bible" and seeking God on a topix forum of all places and being disillusioned, etc., etc. It's out of hand now.
Let me tell you something...the priest signs the Gospel with his thumb (traces the Cross) and kisses it upon every reading. Protestants use a fluorescent highlighter and bang people over the head with it. Which method do you think a "seeker" is going to find more edifying?
Of course she went too far, she hates the Catholic Church in every way and will degrade her as much as she can. Anyone can figure that out by her posts. She gets some of her info from Jack Chick tracts.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#492513 Nov 17, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I must be a glutton for punishment, but here goes:
I'll just address a few points for the time being. First of all, Clay was right in saying that Jesus didn't tell anyone to write anything down...He didn't.
Secondly, you posted above that Jesus' words come from the written gospels. Hmm, that's a big problem right there and one that I think Clay has been trying to talk to you about all along. Jesus' words came BEFORE one word of the Gospels was ever written. As did the church He founded. The Gospels came out of the Church, not the other way around, Rose. We worship the Word, and venerate the word. Do you see the difference?
Clay never denied Matthew, Mark, Luke and John wrote the Gospels and he never held up St. Ignatius over Scripture.
Regina,..really??
You think I don't know,He spoke the words before they were written.
I'm really not thinking that .

The gospels came from the disciples knowledge ..first hand or interviewed .....are the story of the life and teachings,of Jesus,.

And if you read the post before mine..ATHEISTS ARE ALWSYS SAYING Basically the CHURCH MADE THEM UP..

AND Clay just now Saud they COUKD have been written by Clement or Ignatius .
He,was saying before that John may not have checked over the shoulders of the writers to check the words ..he wants us to read the other writings,I get that .

But fir Some Reason ..the Canon was put together for a,reason..as it was ...You all want to put your Church above the,WORDS,of Jesus,..fine ..But then don't say someone else AUTHRED the,WORD ...And,Ugnaiud is,authentic

I've argued toe o toe with those calling the bible made YouTube Constantine etc ...I find the posts,annoying from a,Catholic is the point ..

And he just inferred it AGain..

I'll read the bible he van read Ignatius and Clement ..I'll no cast doubt on Ignatius,and he can keep with what those who put the Canon together as to author ..or not .

Really sick of the subject ..Regina,..sorry ..2days is,my limit for making a,point .
After that it goes in circles ...And my.BP,goes up .if he cannot realize what his,posts,look.like ..I am not going o change his mind ..
But he does jeep implying the others wrote it....And that is,definitely NOT EHAT did or does come from your pulpits ..That I know of.

The BIBLE,is the inspired WORD of God ....

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#492514 Nov 17, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Most definitely Mark was not a disciple of Peter. Mark aka John Mark left Paul and Barnabus and went home.
Luke was not a disciple of Paul. Luke was a physician. He used a medical vocabulary instinctively. In the incident where the boy is said to be "thrown down" (English text) by his affliction, the Greek word Luke uses was the current medical term for convulsions. In the incident where the distraught father cries to Jesus, "Look upon my son!", the word Luke uses for "look upon" is the current medical term used of a physician seeing a patient. Like most physicians Luke was understandably defensive of the medical profession. When the hemorrhagic woman approaches Jesus, Matthew and Mark tell us she had exhausted all her savings on physicians but was no better. Dr. Luke tells us the same story, but chooses to omit the part about costly medical treatment that has proved ineffective.
As a travel companion of Paul, Luke got to meet the leaders of the young church: Peter, Barnabas, Stephen , Lydia . But Paul was his special friend, his bosom friend, and to his friend Luke remained loyal. How loyal? When Paul was imprisoned in Rome and his execution was imminent, Paul wrote young Timothy, "Luke alone is with me." He couldn't have been more loyal. If Luke stood by Paul, a man on death row, then did Luke meet the same violent end as Paul? We don't know. We shall have to wait until the beloved physician tells us himself -- if we'll even bother to ask such questions on the Great Day.
Luke was a Gentile, the only Gentile writer in the New Testament. There's nothing in his gospel that a Gentile can't grasp. He habitually gives Hebrew words in their Greek equivalent so that a Gentile can understand. "Simon the Cananaean" becomes "Simon the Zealot." Calvary isn't called by its Hebrew name, " Golgotha ", but by its Greek name, "Kranion." (" Golgotha " and "Kranion" both mean "the place of a skull.") Luke never uses the Jewish term "Rabbi" of Jesus, but always a Greek term meaning "Master." In tracing the descent of Jesus he follows it back not to Abraham, the foreparent of Jews (as Matthew does), but to Adam, the foreparent of all humans.
Luke's writings are the single largest contribution to the New Testament. His written gospel is the longest book in the NT; when we add his second volume, the Acts of the Apostles, we have over one-quarter of the NT. Luke wrote excellent Greek; in fact his Greek is the best in all of scripture.
Impressive. More of what I would like to see as explanation of beliefs.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#492515 Nov 17, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way for the record I never heard of That Chick.person until that poster accuse me months,ago. I really get my own info

Actually in this instance I AM trying to say the words,posted here ARE,NOT IN KEEPING with your Church. Saying this is the Gospel of JOHN ..etc ..not we put his,name on them but someone else wrote them..
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#492516 Nov 17, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
I care!
**Waves hand**
Oh, all right. For some pistachio-anise wafers, I'll care too.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492518 Nov 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
There is one Lord,
And within the correct "Jewish" theology ... his name is Jehovah.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#492519 Nov 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina,..really??
You think I don't know,He spoke the words before they were written.
I'm really not thinking that .
The gospels came from the disciples knowledge ..first hand or interviewed .....are the story of the life and teachings,of Jesus,.
And if you read the post before mine..ATHEISTS ARE ALWSYS SAYING Basically the CHURCH MADE THEM UP..
AND Clay just now Saud they COUKD have been written by Clement or Ignatius .
He,was saying before that John may not have checked over the shoulders of the writers to check the words ..he wants us to read the other writings,I get that .
But fir Some Reason ..the Canon was put together for a,reason..as it was ...You all want to put your Church above the,WORDS,of Jesus,..fine ..But then don't say someone else AUTHRED the,WORD ...And,Ugnaiud is,authentic
I've argued toe o toe with those calling the bible made YouTube Constantine etc ...I find the posts,annoying from a,Catholic is the point ..
And he just inferred it AGain..
I'll read the bible he van read Ignatius and Clement ..I'll no cast doubt on Ignatius,and he can keep with what those who put the Canon together as to author ..or not .
Really sick of the subject ..Regina,..sorry ..2days is,my limit for making a,point .
After that it goes in circles ...And my.BP,goes up .if he cannot realize what his,posts,look.like ..I am not going o change his mind ..
But he does jeep implying the others wrote it....And that is,definitely NOT EHAT did or does come from your pulpits ..That I know of.
The BIBLE,is the inspired WORD of God ....
Rose, rose, rose....the atheists are always going to say things like that. They're only here to agitate you and rattle your cage. Why are you letting them? Although the one just posted a great recipe for pulled pork that looks out of this world! Yum!!
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492520 Nov 17, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Whether you are aware or not, I am informing you that your writings have a very hostile impact on the reader.
I have news for you Robert F. I won't convert to Catholicism to try to pacify your emotions.

The Catholic church is the place for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... 4 hr seemoregood 1
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Wed Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web