Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
474,961 - 474,980 of 533,566 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

the traditions of the Catholic Church comes from Constantine the Roman emperor the year 321 that's where Sunday, the day of the sun, comes from as they used to pray to the sun god as did the Egyptians .

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
I have repeatedly asked you not to post to me.
This is a forum ... not YOUR church.

Now you can give one of your sermons about how evil I am for not seeing truth as you (as a matter of COURSE) see it in your trustworthy view-finder.

:)

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Your cuts and slams are from your dark heart and are not appreciated.
Do all the other devout believers in all the other religions also have dark hearts ... from your ultra-divine self-perceived "POSITION?"
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Judged:

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible came from the traditions of the Catholic Church. There is no other way around this truth. You have to acknowledge it. You can't force yourself to believe it fell from the sky - chapter and verses and all.
The word of God is not limited to what people documented in writing either.
Our Bible came from God. It was delivered to His people by inspiration of the Holy Spirit, written down by men and given to the small "c" catholic (universal) body of believers.

Your Roman Catholic cult takes credit for and prides itself in believing they wrote the Bible. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Rome has not given us the Bible but has taught false doctrines that cannot be found in the very book they pride themselves in writing and giving to the world.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Humans by nature are selfish ... but when they "GET" religion, most of them become unbearable in the attitude that they speak no longer for their selves ... but have moved to the top of the echelon to in turn guide others to states of holiness.

YUCK!!!
Liam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

doug wrote:
<quoted text> who told you? is the Bible wrong? are you above the word of God. Shall we then reject the word of God and except your word ??
How do you believe the Bible came to be?

Did the Apostles get together and select only a few of them to write? Did they pass out those select writings without explaining it?
Seriously, you can't just mumble 'word of God. Bible. Word of God'
Use your head. The Bible is not one Book, its a collection of Books. The canon developed over time by the Catholic Church. It was first printed into a book in 1452 AD. At that point it became available to people like you to run off in a rabid frenzy with it. Now you use it against the very Church upon which it came??
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

I have repeatedly asked you not to post to me. Your cuts and slams are from your dark heart and are not appreciated. Please honor my request. Thank you.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a forum ... not YOUR church.
Now you can give one of your sermons about how evil I am for not seeing truth as you (as a matter of COURSE) see it in your trustworthy view-finder.
:)
When you quote me please use the entire quote listed above. Not a shortened version. Thanks again.
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And YOU ... being HOLY ... and above all that evil stuff ... do NOT follow human traditions.
Arrogance is the best seller in the world. That is why the books tagged as holy are such prolific money makers for the theologians.
What a GAS!
no i do not follow human traditions , and I am not holy ,we are all sinners and fall short of the glory of God including you

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
Gotta run...decorating the outside with Christmas lights while the weather is warm..have a great day!
Have fun.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

For having doubt that what he was taught had been based on truth, the priest was plagued with guilt and horrendous fear.

That was the aim of his theologians ... to in turn keep him under their constant manipulative control.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book,“CONFESSIONS of a FRENCH CATHOLIC PRIEST … edited by Samuel F. B. Morse, A. M.… published in 1837 by John S. Taylor, New York, comes the following.

In the meanwhile it was necessary to act, and , in spite of all my fears, to fulfil my functions; to say masses; to confess; and I was, by my very doubt, in a mortal sin, while those functions require a perfect purity of conscience under pain of damnation. Oh! What did not I suffer when I ascended the altar for the first time in this desperate disposition of mind! I am astonished how the frame of a man can bear such an ordeal and not sink. Arrived at the foot of the altar, I became almost beside myself; I was blind, not knowing what I said nor what I did. Gazing at the crucifix before me, at the chalice, at the wafer, with a species of imbecility.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

OldJG wrote:
I have repeatedly asked you not to post to me. Your cuts and slams are from your dark heart and are not appreciated. Please honor my request. Thank you.
<quoted text>
When you quote me please use the entire quote listed above. Not a shortened version. Thanks again.
There was no need to post your whole sermon.

You simply wanted me to quit posting to you, and that is not going to occur.

You can preach on a forum ... but I suggest you expect others to counter your claims of holiness.

I happen to take offense at your idea that because I won't join your religion, I am evil according to a god. One, by the way that within the theology you stole from the faithful Jews.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

doug wrote:
<quoted text> no i do not follow human traditions , and I am not holy ,we are all sinners and fall short of the glory of God including you
Then why are you USING scriptures to indicate that you are NOT a sinner, while others still live in sin?

You are see-through.
Liam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

doug wrote:
the traditions of the Catholic Church comes from Constantine the Roman emperor the year 321 that's where Sunday, the day of the sun, comes from as they used to pray to the sun god as did the Egyptians .
Oh my. If I showed you that that's a lie, would you stop believing it?

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you believe the Bible came to be?
Men wrote all the words ... especially so you would fall for that HOLY B.S. and they could in turn lure you (by your greed to believe your self HOLY)... into their cult.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Judged:

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible came from the traditions of the Catholic Church. There is no other way around this truth. You have to acknowledge it. You can't force yourself to believe it fell from the sky - chapter and verses and all.
The word of God is not limited to what people documented in writing either.
Clay.. You guys,worship.as,you wish..But you ate,now,saying SCRIPTURE came from tradition....not Paul and the Apostles,....that's,just not right ..

Your really saying your gospels,..which ate,read each day..are,NOT from the,words,of Jesus,..But from the,traditions,of men

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Even if a creator existed ... do you HONESTLY believe that the creator would WANT you to LORD your attitude of being superior TO THE CREATOR over the worth of others.

Are you that SELF-CENTERED?

When I was under the spell of religion, I never believed that attitude made any sense whatsoever.

I always believed that the warm and loving door would be open to all believers and even those that didn't have the mindset to believe.

If you believe in a creator that favors you because of your religion ... I suggest you are on a trip of PRIDE that ought to, for the sake of a leveling "agent," result in a fall.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
..are,NOT from the,words,of Jesus,..But from the,traditions,of men
Men throughout history put words in the mouths of many supposed saviors.

The Catholics did the same with the supposed savior-myth of Jesus.

If you insist on believing that your image of a savior is real, and the images of other saviors are false ... that attitude does nothing for you but bolster more PRIDE in your own system of belief ... which is already over-loaded with PRIDE!

"ME ... ME ... MY BELIEF IS RIGHTEOUS AND SPECIAL AND GOD LOVES ME BECAUSE 'I' SEE HIS ONE AND ONLY TRUTH ... BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!!"

Nothing but flights of arrogance comes from religion.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

doug wrote:
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my. If I showed you that that's a lie, would you stop believing it?
All of the traditions of the ROMAN CATHOLIC church, not the Biblical truth of the one true small "c" catholic (universal) church, came from Constantine and the ROMAN EMPIRE.....thus the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH of today.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no need to post your whole sermon.
You simply wanted me to quit posting to you, and that is not going to occur.
You can preach on a forum ... but I suggest you expect others to counter your claims of holiness.
I happen to take offense at your idea that because I won't join your religion, I am evil according to a god. One, by the way that within the theology you stole from the faithful Jews.
I want to take this moment to thank you for posting to me and about me. As a result, you are spreading the word of God by your vile contempt for it. Thank you for posting to me and I look forward to more conversations in the future.

Liam

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

OldJG wrote:
doug wrote:
<quoted text>
All of the traditions of the ROMAN CATHOLIC church, not the Biblical truth of the one true small "c" catholic (universal) church, came from Constantine and the ROMAN EMPIRE.....thus the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH of today.
Are you saying Constantine invented Sunday worship for Christians??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 55 min INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 36
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Hebrewsunite 8,197
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... 22 hr psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Tue ELIAS IBARRA 60
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••