Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646594 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#492450 Nov 17, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has put down the authenticity of the Gospel authors, Rose. At least not any Catholic has. I'm not sure why you keep saying we have, but that clearly isn't the case.
The info I gave regarding St. Mark came from the introduction to The Gospel According to St. Mark in one of my bibles. Scott Hahn and Curtis Mitch did the commentary. I also just found this from your neutral source:
"Tradition holds that the Gospel of Mark was written by Mark the Evangelist, as St. Peter's interpreter.[54] Numerous early sources say that Mark's material was dictated to him by St. Peter, who later compiled it into his gospel.[55][56][57][58][59] The gospel, however, appears to rely on several underlying sources, which vary in form and in theology, and which tell against the story that the gospel was based on Peter's preaching.[60]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_relia...
Both sources say pretty much the same thing, and neither one denies St. Mark is the author. You're the only one who's saying that, not us. I was only pointing out that technically Sts. Mark and Luke were not Apostles, since you keep saying the Apostles wrote the Gospels. So if you keep on accusing us of something that we haven't done, then that's on you.
Peace.
No Regina,sorry..Clay has Saud several one that the APOSTLES DID Not write..because Jesus,did not tell hem to...going back weeks ..

Which is kind of a Catch 22 since Jesus words come from the written Gospels.

Clay has held up Ignatius over the writings of Paul and the apostles .

If your priest says this is the Gospel according to John..do we BRLIEVE your priests or not.

I think THRY wrote or dictated their own writings ...through the guidance and inspiration of he HOLY SPIRIT .

My only point here is in the gloating about non authenticity to put down JG and Preston ..etc Reliance on Scripture .

The upshot of which to me is,against your own teAching...And giving
Fodder to the the atheists ..

Now the Catholic Church either believes it's own CANON or not ..
I THINK IT DOES ..for the most part despite scholars,like that Raymond person who casts,doubt on the Nativity story ...And Clay eh o seems to think we are foolish in believing scripture ...I've the writings,of your early father's ..

I'm not the one who did NOT include them in he CANON ..

However you are all free to believe as you wish ..I'm pretty sure the atheists will still niece it's a,myth anyway ..But talk like that IMO ..could cause DOUBT to young believers ...

PEACE
HuskerDu

Falls City, NE

#492451 Nov 17, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>And I bet he thinks the same about you.
Don't ever say why are posters so snarky and mean to you when you do the same. Don't you dare cry slander again.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#492452 Nov 17, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as an aside, Rose, wikipedia really isn't neutral. Anyone and everyone contributes those entries, so there's plenty of bias. Upon re-reading the portion I cited, I'm not all that happy with it even though it somewhat supports what I was saying. You have to be careful using it.
Regina,

I know,..But I've had,experience ..on saying oh your on a,pro life,site,. Or your on a,Protestant site,. I was trying to avoid it ..
I do NOT use,Wikipedia,as,any final authority ..

But it is,the,closest to neutral between opposite,sides of an argument ..in my experience ..:)

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#492453 Nov 17, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Don't ever say why are posters so snarky and mean to you when you do the same. Don't you dare cry slander again.
to help your sniveling hide out. truth is a catholic woman from Yugoslavia

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492454 Nov 17, 2013
The first Christians were all anti-Semites. Without being anti-Semitic, they could not have started a new religion. And in so doing they included the myth that Jesus was also anti-Semite, which in turn is absolutely ludicrous.

Within the theology, a Jewish father would not send a son to earth to start a religion totally foreign to Judaism. Anyone with a brain should be able to spot the scam with ease.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Ignatius Bishop of Antioch (98-117A.D.)– Epistle to the Magnesians

For if we are still practicing Judaism, we admit that we have not received God’s favor…it is wrong to talk about Jesus Christ and live like Jews. For Christianity did not believe in Judaism, but Judaism in Christianity.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492455 Nov 17, 2013
So the bishop of Antioch lived in Jesus era (98-117A.D.)???

Excuse me ... but unless the bishop heard the mythical Jesus say that he came to earth to start a new religion ... I would suggest that (within the theology) Jesus would have stated loud and clear ... "I came to earth from my Jewish father to correct wayward Jews and bring them back to my father's fold. Let no man tell you otherwise, as they are deceivers of the Jewish faith."

You can see that THAT theology is the only theology that would make sense whatsoever!

If you don't, you choose to stay blinded by the lies.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492456 Nov 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
No Regina,sorry..Clay has Saud several one that the APOSTLES DID Not write..because Jesus,did not tell hem to...going back weeks ..
Which is kind of a Catch 22 since Jesus words come from the written Gospels.
Clay has held up Ignatius over the writings of Paul and the apostles .
If your priest says this is the Gospel according to John..do we BRLIEVE your priests or not.
I think THRY wrote or dictated their own writings ...through the guidance and inspiration of he HOLY SPIRIT .
My only point here is in the gloating about non authenticity to put down JG and Preston ..etc Reliance on Scripture .
The upshot of which to me is,against your own teAching...And giving
Fodder to the the atheists ..
Now the Catholic Church either believes it's own CANON or not ..
I THINK IT DOES ..for the most part despite scholars,like that Raymond person who casts,doubt on the Nativity story ...And Clay eh o seems to think we are foolish in believing scripture ...I've the writings,of your early father's ..
I'm not the one who did NOT include them in he CANON ..
However you are all free to believe as you wish ..I'm pretty sure the atheists will still niece it's a,myth anyway ..But talk like that IMO ..could cause DOUBT to young believers ...
PEACE
Are you an ORDAINED preacher, and if so, did the Jehovah ordain you, or did you ordain your SELF?

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492457 Nov 17, 2013
The aim of EVERY church father was to vilify all the beliefs and rituals of the Jews.

That is WHY the Catholics changed the sabbath from Saturday to Sunday. They had a need to distance their new religion from that of the Jews, and they claimed that the god of the Jews supported their every move, thought and deed ... INCLUDING the torture and murder OF the Jews.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Justin Martyr - Dialogue with Trypho (Between 138A.D. and 161 A.D.)

We too, would observe your circumcision of the flesh, your Sabbath days, and in a word, all you festivals, if we were not aware of the reason why they were imposed upon you, namely, because of your sins and the hardness of heart.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492458 Nov 17, 2013
A disciple of Judaism would have practiced pure, unadulterated Judaism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

disciple

noun

noun: disciple; plural noun: disciples

a personal follower of Christ during his life, especially one of the twelve Apostles.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492459 Nov 17, 2013
Without the Jesus-myth, they could have started a new religion.

Origen of Alexandria (185-254 A.D.)– A ecclesiastical writer and teacher who contributed to the early formation of Christian doctrines.

We may thus assert in utter confidence that the Jews will not return to their earlier situation, for they have committed the most abominable of crimes, in forming this conspiracy against the Savior of the human race

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492461 Nov 17, 2013
As the centuries wore on and on and on, everything the Christians committed was to instill more hatred against the Jews.

But NOW ... some of the nitwit Christians believe they NEED the Jews to go back to their supposed homeland ... before Jesus will come to rescue them from hell ... provided by the same supposed god.

I suggest that there is no way that religion could be based more on ignorance ... even if it TRIED.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#492462 Nov 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
LIAR! You stated just a few days ago that dear old John was one of your favorites.
=remark==========

Your having made the indisputable antiSemitic stereotypical remark in Post#491824 you should

1, cease all your posts re Christians antiSemitism

2. you are in no position to call anyone a liar or hypocrite

June's post
|
Post#491824

Einstein lived in Germany, and I suggest that being a man who lived by modest means, he was fully aware that other Jews were not at all the same as him in attitude. Einstein knew that when Hitler came to power, the Jews controlled the finances in Germany.

I don't hate Jews as did Hitler, but just as did Einstein, I recognize that there are Jews who are brilliant with finances, and given an inch, will take the whole nine yards, as they are now doing in Israel, and in other places in the world.

It's unfortunate that their brilliance works against them

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#492463 Nov 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>to help your sniveling hide out. truth is a catholic woman from Yugoslavia
Whose English can be strained .....And yes,she,speaks,like a,Cathic..
My understanding is,that where she,comes,from has,great persecution from soldiers,..as,she mentions,them often.

Some people can condemn others,so easily ..
I asked someone first if she,was for real ...And,any one paying attention would have seen the several explanations
About the poor lady...who has,most likely suffered more,than any of us,..God,bless,her

Location hidden

#492464 Nov 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I suggest that you had better lighten up your heart and stop believing that OTHERS will spend eternity in hell ... because ... only a dark heart could put faith in such a wretched system of belief.
Ok,Col Kurtz

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#492465 Nov 17, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>And I bet he thinks the same about you.
Sigh ...as,Preston says,she is,a,Catholic lady ..with not much English,..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#492466 Nov 17, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>=remark==========
Your having made the indisputable antiSemitic stereotypical remark in Post#491824 you should
June's post
|
Post#491824
Einstein lived in Germany, and I suggest that being a man who lived by modest means, he was fully aware that other Jews were not at all the same as him in attitude. Einstein knew that when Hitler came to power, the Jews controlled the finances in Germany.
I don't hate Jews as did Hitler, but just as did Einstein, I recognize that there are Jews who are brilliant with finances, and given an inch, will take the whole nine yards, as they are now doing in Israel, and in other places in the world.
And,as,sated before ..Jews,were at the time migrated,into finances which were though t to be an chRistian pursuit ...from.Everything I've,read,....But it was,ok for them to commit " usury" And,for others,to spend the money ...

One COUKD,always,get the profits,back with a,pogrom

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#492467 Nov 17, 2013
Correction...though to be not a,good,pursuit for Catholics,...at the time ..

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492468 Nov 17, 2013
I suggest it is common sense that ALL of the early Christians were anti-Semitic ... including the Gnostics.

PRO-JUDAS. NOT PRO-JEWISH. Because the Gospel of Judas portrays Judas as a hero rather than a villain, some people have given the impression that it is somehow an antidote to historic Christian anti-Semitism. This response is ironic, since much of early Gnosticism was deeply critical of traditional Judaism. Gnostics believed that there were actually two Gods, and that the God of the Jews was an evil or ignorant creator who deceived people.

https://www.christianhistoryinstitute.org/mag...

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492469 Nov 17, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>=remark==========
June's post
|
Post#491824
Just because you don't follow the concept that anti-Semitism is different than recognizing Jewish aggression to control finances ... that is not my problem.

Location hidden

#492470 Nov 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
"Imagine"
Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =XLgYAHHkPFsXX
==========

"Lennon delighted in mocking Epstein for his homosexuality and for the fact that he was Jewish.[146] When Epstein invited suggestions for the title of his autobiography, Lennon offered Queer Jew; on learning of the eventual title, A Cellarful of Noise, he parodied, "More like A Cellarful of Boys".[147] He demanded of a visitor to Epstein's flat, "Have you come to blackmail him? If not, you're the only bugger in London who hasn't."[146] During the recording of "Baby, You're a Rich Man", he sang altered choruses of "Baby, you're a rich fag Jew".

‘only queers and Jews can get on in show biz.’---John Lennon

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Scales Off 10,161
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... 1 hr South Knox Hombre 2
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... 3 hr Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web