Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703636 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#492487 Nov 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>to help your sniveling hide out. truth is a catholic woman from Yugoslavia
Thank you Preston for explaining..
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492488 Nov 17, 2013
I suggest you keep in mind that until 1948, Israel as a supposed "homeland" did not exist. And the word Israel simply meant the following ...

Israel

Israel ... Judaism The Hebrew people, past, present, and future, regarded as the chosen people of God by virtue of the covenant of Jacob.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#492489 Nov 17, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
"Lennon delighted in mocking Epstein for his homosexuality and for the fact that he was Jewish.[146] When Epstein invited suggestions for the title of his autobiography, Lennon offered Queer Jew; on learning of the eventual title, A Cellarful of Noise, he parodied, "More like A Cellarful of Boys".[147] He demanded of a visitor to Epstein's flat, "Have you come to blackmail him? If not, you're the only bugger in London who hasn't."[146] During the recording of "Baby, You're a Rich Man", he sang altered choruses of "Baby, you're a rich fag Jew".
‘only queers and Jews can get on in show biz.’---John Lennon
People do not realize how much bias there really was and still is concerning life styles and gender preferences.I eat supper every day with a gay man,sometimes we talk about his goals in that life style,and he wants to see the day when the world accepts his way as totally normal.He being a RC wants to see the Church forsake their doctrine as it were concerning homosexuality,sometimes he is very vehement against his church,and has even walked out on occasions when a priest read a letter from a bishop about the gay life style and so on.

I listen,and am careful with responses.But I have been able to share some deep questions of faith with him. I asked him one time how he believed that God viewed his homosexuality? Well of course he felt that God looked beyond it,and that since he was(BORN that way,as he believes),God surely accepted it.

I got really close to the issue when responding with,((Well if you were created that way,how is it that the natural function of sexual behavior between a man and a woman is so sanctioned by God as the natural order for both Marriage and Procreation?YET He allows for two men with the same parts to engage in sexual behavior,no chance for procreation,but to this day a big chance for horrendous diseases which have killed off many gay men? He gets mad,but says he understands the seriousness of that question.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492490 Nov 17, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>our God,LORD of HOSTS
NOPE ... I don't intend to start worshipping Jehovah.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492491 Nov 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
CLAY.
SORRY AND not trying to fight .
:)

What would you argue about, is your couldn't defend your precious dogmas as being based on the one and only truth in the whole "blinking" universe???
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492492 Nov 17, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>YOU called truth nuts when everyone here knows that this poor soul does have a problem. Everyone here respects this person except YOU by calling him Nuts....
Is it acceptable in "your books" to refer to non-Christians as evil fodder of the supposed Christian devil???
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#492493 Nov 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
CLAY.
SORRY AND not trying to fight .
On two occasions,you said exactly .
The,apostles,did not write,because,Jesus,did not ell them to..
The first time was when ..oh were,correcting yourself about them not being educated,....WHICH WAS,GOOD .
yesterday ..well hey I posed ..And you posted what you were,saying ..
And it was,in my opinion ion fodder for he,atheists,who chimed in..
You can write,as,you like .. to my reading it looked,like you were putting down scripture and kind of an in your face YOU brought up to Preston and,JG '
I repostd two of your,statements,Clay . Hey were contradictory to yourself ..
If you BELUEVE scripture to be,authentic ..by the,AUThors,Its,accredited to ...IMO..You shouldn't make comments,like,THEY DID NOT WRITE 'because,Jesus,did not tell them to.
How,do .you know,anything Jesus,told them...by His,words,in the scriptures,THEY,wrote,.
And WE,KNOW JOHN was,instructed ..we,know Paul was,instructed after Jesus,was,gone,.
We,also have,no idea,what writings,were,in Jerusalem and other parts,of Judea,..about JESUS,..from the disciples...from hose who hated Him..Priests,and,Roman..the CITY and parts,of the country. We're,turned to ashes
Atheists,live to say no one,who was there,wrote,about Jesus,...they did,and,I contend,many other,writings,were,lost ..
I'm not a baby Christian..But I'm no scholar ..just saying ...what you said ..or how,you put it could,hurt the belief of those new,to the,Faith . Or give fodder as,it did o the atheists ..
And yes it was upsetting.
Our faith is,in the,LORD Jesus...all of us..we,put FAith in His,words ..oh all go by tradition...such oh base,on words...from the,Fathers,..
I say the bile is the,INSPIRED Word,of God ...And does,not contain lies,
John's,words,are,John.s....not some guy as,you said,eh o didn't have John looking over his,shoulder..I know,that was meant as sarcasm .
If the scriptures say the Gospel of JOHN ..then I BELUEVE it was from him not Clement paraphrasing or whoever .
If PETER gave,His,accounts,to John Mark or whoever ...PETters,words,...
In HEBREWS ..we are careful to say the,writer of Hebrews ...tough the source may have Bern Paul or his,disciple ..
You all ate quick to.tell us your Church put the,books together ..
Though,I think what became the,Orhodox had a,hand in it ..the were either accurate,or not ...if hey were,INSPIRED they were accurate ..period ..
Reread your posts,from.yesterday Clay . Please,..they leave great doubt and its unsettling ...You were,almost gloating against the preachers,on account of this,doubt .
I know you felt let down after your experience by the,Protestan churches you tried .
But most of the 12 Apostles didn't write. Don't you get that?
And if the Lord willed for sola scripture, he would have given us a list of Books and ALL of the Apostles would have written.
He started a Church and it wasn't a loosely organized body of believers made up of 45,000 different sects. It was one Church with on fold. Do you understand that?
Whatever sect u belong to teaches opposite of what Jesus Christ taught. I guarantee it. You think you found a way around that fact by convincing yourself that the Lord willed for you and your pastor to scramble through the passages to find your own truth. But thats a lie. Your pastor(s) are maybe decent men, but they do not preach the same Christianity as the Jesus wills.
That's why you guys are so dang ignorant. That's why you won't touch the writings of the early Christians. They validate the Catholic Church and you know it. They prove you wrong. Men like Preston become enraged at that fact. He can't even admit he's wrong about me not being born again. The fraud still says im going to hell. Ugh. That's the ignorant deceitful christianity your forefathers created.

Location hidden

#492494 Nov 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it acceptable in "your books" to refer to non-Christians as evil fodder of the supposed Christian devil???
That does it...your shunned...lol

Location hidden

#492495 Nov 17, 2013

Location hidden

#492496 Nov 17, 2013

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#492497 Nov 17, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
But most of the 12 Apostles didn't write. Don't you get that?
And if the Lord willed for sola scripture, he would have given us a list of Books and ALL of the Apostles would have written.
He started a Church and it wasn't a loosely organized body of believers made up of 45,000 different sects. It was one Church with on fold. Do you understand that?
Whatever sect u belong to teaches opposite of what Jesus Christ taught. I guarantee it. You think you found a way around that fact by convincing yourself that the Lord willed for you and your pastor to scramble through the passages to find your own truth. But thats a lie. Your pastor(s) are maybe decent men, but they do not preach the same Christianity as the Jesus wills.
That's why you guys are so dang ignorant. That's why you won't touch the writings of the early Christians. They validate the Catholic Church and you know it. They prove you wrong. Men like Preston become enraged at that fact. He can't even admit he's wrong about me not being born again. The fraud still says im going to hell. Ugh. That's the ignorant deceitful christianity your forefathers created.
O NEVER SAID,ALL THE,APOSTKES,WROTE ..ever ..I said,apostles,wrote,..also non apostles,.
Now,maybe you disagree,with the choice if books,for THE,CANON ..I assume they cross-country,that were contemporary for a,reason..
I DID NOT CHOOSE,''and we have no idea,WHAT writings,were,destroyed either .

I'm just saying when you cast doubt on the,authenticity of your own Can on..just because Proestants,rely on the,words,..it does a,disserice
IMO to both our Faiths,.

And can mislead people,looking for something to believe .

Maybe,the Catholic priest they met ..they hated,..the nuns,were,too strict ..the,Prorstant minister or some CHRISTIAN'S were,terrible,to them..at some time,..
Evangelicals,..some carry little books,of the John Gospel .
Along with the,Faith they share,..they give it out for reading ..

Aren't those,souls,..disillusioned by PEOPLE,worth hearing the word ..yet they come,on the internet ..read a CATHOLic Saying the,works,are not the,WORK of Jesus,Disciples,who HEARD THEM ...
we have no way of knowing hoe far our words,go Clay ..that's,my point .
You doubt the veracity ..or authorship..

Just a,suggestion .ask your priest before publishing ..

Up.to you

I BELUEVE the word was,meant to get out through bible a,and Evangelism ..You think if they don't go through your Church ..what they believe is,untrue,..if they don't read Ignatius..etc as,well .
Yet Jesus,did NOT go into huge theology lectures,when He preached,.
A,person hearing about the,Prodigal.. or the one who paid the wages,..maybe that's,all they ever got ..yet they realized they had,truth and,took it home to their families,..

One,tiny part of a,bible may be all someone ever has,. if they turn to CHRIST .AND NEVER MEET A,PRIEST ..never read your Church Fathers,..do you think..Jesus,sacrifice was,NO GOOD,FOR them. As,they profess,live for Him..

Just think on it

PEACE,
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#492498 Nov 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't perceive that you ARE resilient. I perceive that you are an insensitive BOOB, who believes that YOU are loved by the god of the Jews and others ought to be rejected as fodder for Christian hell.
If you want me to respect your beliefs, it is not going to happen. I suggest you stop whining about MY anger and go to church where they tell you the nonsense that appeals to your stupidity.
You are on a forum.
And again you place that stupid "Peace" symbol on your post, as though YOU are peaceful and I am war-like ... which is exactly what Augustine taught, as he encouraged the JUST-WAR dogma as being acceptable (within his warped theology) while he and his gang of rabid Catholics were busy torturing and murdering Jews as being Christ-killers ... which is the most ludicrous nonsense.
Had Jesus lived (which I don't believe occurred) he would had been a faithful to Judaism ONLY Jew, and would not have supported all the church fathers such as John Chrysostom's mania to torture and kill every Jew in sight.
If you are too ignorant to see that ... I suggest it is not my problem.
June

Whether you are aware or not, I am informing you that your writings have a very hostile impact on the reader.

You seem to have your own JUST-WAR going on.

As for me, I prefer a reasoned approach, and though you may not be aware of it, I wish you a pleasant and peaceful day, life, and eternal life....
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#492499 Nov 17, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>excellent
Herme

Thanks...Same to you. Now don't go walking on the edge of a straight-razor!(Col. K) Smiles....

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#492500 Nov 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
O NEVER SAID,ALL THE,APOSTKES,WROTE ..ever ..I said,apostles,wrote,..also non apostles,.
Now,maybe you disagree,with the choice if books,for THE,CANON ..I assume they cross-country,that were contemporary for a,reason..
I'm just saying when you cast doubt on the,authenticity of your own Can on..just because Proestants,rely on the,words,..it does a,disserice
IMO to both our Faiths,.
Maybe,the Catholic priest they met ..they hated,..the nuns,were,too strict ..the,Prorstant minister or some CHRISTIAN'S were,terrible,to them..at some time,..
Aren't those,souls,..disillusioned by PEOPLE,worth hearing the word ..yet they come,on the internet ..read a CATHOLic Saying the,works,are not the,WORK of Jesus,Disciples,who HEARD THEM ...
Up.to you
I BELUEVE the word was,meant to get out through bible a,and Evangelism ..You think if they don't go through your Church ..what they believe is,untrue,..if they don't read Ignatius..etc as,well .
A,person hearing about the,Prodigal.. or the one who paid the wages,..maybe that's,all they ever got ..yet they realized they had,truth and,took it home to their families,..
One,tiny part of a,bible may be all someone ever has,. if they turn to CHRIST .AND NEVER MEET A,PRIEST ..never read your Church Fathers,..do you think..Jesus,sacrifice was,NO GOOD,FOR them. As,they profess,live for Him..
Just think on it
PEACE,
Hon, your canon is a composition of 27 texts, most either anonymously published or 2nd century pseudographs.

Aside from Paul's Hauptbriefe and, possibly, Revelation, assuming that John was not pretending to be the son of Zebedee, none of the texts likely are written by the claimed authors.

I asked my priest before I published this and he said it was OK.

Alright, I don't have a priest.

But I did ask my parrot.

Unfortunately, he was preoccupied:

&fe ature=c4-overview&list=UUk _3qff-YVY1HR0l78z5o5Q
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#492501 Nov 17, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You are nuts
How old are you?
Liam

Detroit, MI

#492502 Nov 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO to both our Faiths,.
Up.to you
Just think on it
PEACE,
Please stop saying that I'm casting doubt on the authenticity of our canon. I've said nothing but the opposite.
To the Catholic, it doesn't matter who actually wrote it. we say its still inspired.
And IF Ignatius or Clement wrote a letterthemselves (on behalf of Peter or Paul) that made it into the Bible, it further makes y'all look stupid for completely ignoring their other writings- which clearly destroy all protestant theology and proves you teach contrary to what Jesus Christ taught.
hojo

Chaska, MN

#492503 Nov 17, 2013
There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism…
and One Church founded by Jesus Christ

“Where the bishop is, there let the multitude of believers be; even as where Jesus is, there is the Catholic Church” Saint Ignatius, Bishop of Antioch, 1st c. A.D.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#492504 Nov 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The danger is, that you protect the vile church fathers in their plot to make people of the world hate the Jews and in turn torture and kill them for an issue of which they were NOT even responsible.
Your anger is at ME for exposing their plot, and I suggest that says more about you, than it does about me.
You are not interested in the truth of that issue. You are only fearful that what the Catholic theologians taught about your own salvation was based on lies ... and I believe that you would be RIGHT, and that is what shakes your concept of your world to the core.
And I say GOOD!!! That is my reason for being ON the forum.
June

In a pig's eye...(smiles)

I am free of fear. And your insistence that I turn from my freedom, and be caged again is not going to happen.

I can see how you believe that some are intimidated by your rather large knowledge base, but actually it is both your presumption and conclusion that I, or most people deflate. Data and history that are interpreted are ALWAYS suspect.

I applaud your focus on achieving a person to question what is acceptable. Again, I applaud you for your effort. But some of what you write is built on extreme prejudice, rather than on reasoning with someone, or enlightening someone. And you lose your audience because of that prejudice(assumptions) and its conclusion....
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#492505 Nov 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
No Regina,sorry..Clay has Saud several one that the APOSTLES DID Not write..because Jesus,did not tell hem to...going back weeks ..
Which is kind of a Catch 22 since Jesus words come from the written Gospels.
Clay has held up Ignatius over the writings of Paul and the apostles .
If your priest says this is the Gospel according to John..do we BRLIEVE your priests or not.
I think THRY wrote or dictated their own writings ...through the guidance and inspiration of he HOLY SPIRIT .
My only point here is in the gloating about non authenticity to put down JG and Preston ..etc Reliance on Scripture .
The upshot of which to me is,against your own teAching...And giving
Fodder to the the atheists ..
Now the Catholic Church either believes it's own CANON or not ..
I THINK IT DOES ..for the most part despite scholars,like that Raymond person who casts,doubt on the Nativity story ...And Clay eh o seems to think we are foolish in believing scripture ...I've the writings,of your early father's ..
I'm not the one who did NOT include them in he CANON ..
However you are all free to believe as you wish ..I'm pretty sure the atheists will still niece it's a,myth anyway ..But talk like that IMO ..could cause DOUBT to young believers ...
PEACE
I must be a glutton for punishment, but here goes:

I'll just address a few points for the time being. First of all, Clay was right in saying that Jesus didn't tell anyone to write anything down...He didn't.

Secondly, you posted above that Jesus' words come from the written gospels. Hmm, that's a big problem right there and one that I think Clay has been trying to talk to you about all along. Jesus' words came BEFORE one word of the Gospels was ever written. As did the church He founded. The Gospels came out of the Church, not the other way around, Rose. We worship the Word, and venerate the word. Do you see the difference?

Clay never denied Matthew, Mark, Luke and John wrote the Gospels and he never held up St. Ignatius over Scripture.

As for the atheists, who cares? You're the only one who's even paying attention to them. If you say black, they'll say white every time. I wouldn't bother, if I were you.
hojo

Chaska, MN

#492506 Nov 17, 2013
Protestants Condemn the Catholic Church for Holding to Apostolic Traditions... While at the same time holding to their own man-made traditions.
Since the Protestant reformation, and the subsequent separation by them from the Catholic Church, Protestantism lost the teaching arm of the Catholic Church and the holding of Sacred Tradition. In so doing, they reverted to a condemnation of holding all tradition, both Sacred and man-made. They then turned to the only resource they had left, the Holy Bible, a product of the Catholic Church by the way. At about the same time, they invented a new man-made doctrine called Sola Scriptura, or 'Bible only', which in itself teaches that if it cannot be found in the Bible, then it is simply did not happen, is not true, and is therefore not to be believed.
Interestingly, Protestants reject keeping the Sacred Traditions held by the Catholic Church, yet they have several man-made traditions of their own to which they hold. Holy Scripture is very clear in separating man-made tradition from GOD made, or Apostolic Tradition (capital 'T' Tradition). Scripture commands us to "Hold the Traditions that you have learned, whether by word or by letter of ours", 2Thess 2:15.
Here are a few of Protestant invented man-made traditions which are not to be found in Scripture and which clearly ignore the meaning of Sola Scriptura. These Protestant 'traditions' are used to attack the Catholic Church in many ways.
1. The man-made false doctrine of "Sola Scriptura" is itself a Protestant tradition. Read my files, "For Whom the Bell Tolls", and "The Origin of Sola Scriptura", and other files of this same subject on this web site. The man-made tradition of Sola Scriptura is not to be found in Scripture. In fact it is not to be found anywhere in history before the reformation.
2. The man-made false doctrine of "Individual Interpretation of Holy Scripture" is condemned by Scripture itself. However, Protestants do it all the time, while ignoring the many verses which admonish them not to do so. This is a Protestant invented man-made tradition. See the same references listed above for the many verses.
3. The man-made false doctrine of "Not Baptizing Infants". Interestingly, Protestants attack the Catholic Church for baptizing infants, yet nowhere in Scripture does it say, "Do not Baptize Infants". I have been told that we should not baptize children until they are old enough to accept Jesus Christ. What happens to their souls if they die or are killed before that time? Where in Scripture does it say to wait until they can reason it out for themselves? In fact, Holy Scripture says to baptize all, as I have shown in another file called, "Baptism". This is yet another Protestant tradition.
4. The man-made false doctrine of "Baptism by Immersion Only". Protestants attack the Catholic Church for not baptizing by immersion. This is a false attack, as the Catholic Church does baptize by immersion. There is nothing in Holy Scripture that says "Baptism must be done by immersion", so a lack of Scriptural proof makes that charge another Protestant tradition. See the same "Baptism"
file for the facts.
5. The man-made false doctrine which shows that the "Catholic Church apostatized" in the early centuries and is therefore, not the Church which Jesus Christ founded. This charge is certainly not Scriptural, and it is not even historical, as no genuine historical document has proved this to be true. To the contrary, if anyone would take the time to read the writings of the historians of the Church, the Church Fathers, they would find just the opposite of this false charge to be true. From the first fathers to the last, spanning over five centuries, they mention the Catholic Church by name and how it grew and expanded. There is not one word of this "Great Apostasy" which Protestants invented. Yet, Protestants teach this lie, as it is one of their man-made traditions to do so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Tells Bishops Not to Accept Gay Seminarians Jun 1 Fundie Sniffling 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 28 Apostolic of another 10,775
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... May 25 The Lightbearer 9
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' May 25 RalphB 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May 22 Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May '18 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr '18 C Kersey 1