Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 567,343
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#492178 Nov 16, 2013
Mar:7:9 You abandon the commandments of God to follow human traditions.read further Mar:7:13

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#492179 Nov 16, 2013
Preacher ... "Don't be bitter at GOD because of how humans treat each other."

"Did your GOD create the humans?"

"Of course, but he's not responsible for how humans behave, as he gave free will."

"Did he ask the humans if they wanted to be created."

"Well no, of course not."

"Then there is no free will."

"Oh we must have faith that GOD wanted the best for us."

"NO ... YOU have faith. I will choose my own way of believing."

"Well, you should never be bitter toward GOD."

"I don't believe that a god exists to BE so cruel. You are the one that insists of keeping your faith intact that such a monster actually exists."
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#492180 Nov 16, 2013
doug wrote:
<quoted text> (Traditions of man yes) not God.
Mar:You abandon the commandments of God, to follow human traditions, read further Mar:7:13

Fraser Lake, Canada

#492181 Nov 16, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I met the Holy Spirit in a jail cell.
You have a problem with that Preston??
I guarantee that if Bubba had made you his "queen" ... you wouldn't have been focused on your image of a holy spirit, as your bum would have been trying to keep it's self protected from Bubba's ongoing advances.

Talk of holiness is cheap!
Liam

United States

#492182 Nov 16, 2013
doug wrote:
Mar:7:9 You abandon the commandments of God to follow human traditions.read further Mar:7:13
The bible came from the traditions of the Catholic Church. There is no other way around this truth. You have to acknowledge it. You can't force yourself to believe it fell from the sky - chapter and verses and all.
The word of God is not limited to what people documented in writing either.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#492183 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Who Is Keeping You In God’s Hand?
BIBLE MEDITATION:
“Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations.” Deuteronomy 7:9
DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Is he just being nice to us? That would be a strange doctrine. We are going to heaven by the grace of the devil!”
God saves us. God keeps us. What has been settled in eternity can never be undone by the ways of men or the schemes of the devil.
ACTION POINT:
Read Romans 8:38-39 today. These would be important verses to memorize.
Romans 8:38-39, 38 "For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
<quoted text>
Thank you for revealing your ignorance. What I posted is a devotional from ADRIAN ROGERS. A true expounder of the word of God. Not some 'wanna be pastor' like yourself. You would have everyone on this forum believe the power of satan to take us is greater than the power of God to keep us. You are nothing more than a disciple of the devil and a liar from hell itself. In the name of Jesus and by the power of His shed blood on the cross I cast you out. I bind your putrid mouth to no longer expound the lies of your father the devil.
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I knew who words that you were spamming, you quote him all of the time since you cant justify your false doctrine with the Bible.
ps, are you going to cuss me out while you are at it with your senile attitude?
I can put up with june easier than I can you, orville, oxbore and marge. quite a quartet and not enough intelligence between you four to outwit three baboons(clay, hojo and regina)
You accuse many of posting insults and speaking unkind of others yet you yourself, from your own mouth, are an expert.

Outwit??? This is not a game of who can outwit who.

I NEVER...NO NEVER...took credit for the devotional of ADRIAN ROGERS. I posted it to bless those who have ears to hear. I will continue to post the devotionals of this Godly man and certainly not for the likes of you.

You are a poison to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. More souls have been lost listening to you than those who have been saved. One day you will stand before Jesus and will be held accountable for preaching a 'false doctrine' which describes Satan as more powerful to take the saved from the hand of God than the hand of God is to keep them. You will be held MORE accountable.

Ever read James 3:1, "Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness."

Fraser Lake, Canada

#492184 Nov 16, 2013
I recently had a "discussion" which of course became heated, with a man who says he believes in a creator ... but that belief in a creator has nothing to do with religion.

How silly! Without religion, there would have been no belief in a creator.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

re·li·gion (r-ljn)
n.

a. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#492185 Nov 16, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I hope that it isn't you that is this stupid.
[When I talk about eternal security, inevitably I will hear,“Well, maybe your sins can’t take you out of the hand of God, but Satan can.”
In all due respect, I respond,“Pardon me. But that is foolishness. If Satan could take us out of the hand of God, why hasn’t he done it yet?]
for the answer is obvious, satan has already taken us out of the hand of God. we aint in the garden anymore are we?
It is NEVER satan that takes us away from God, it is self.we just CHOOSE to allow him
But thanks be unto God that Jesus came and has offered us a Way back into that Promised Land. people that believe in OSAS are the most unbeleivable people in the world, next to catholics, to think that you are so superior that YOU CANT FALTER OR FALL.
So a,person who is,saved..born again...can sin badly but have sincere,repentance ....???

The,Spirit will let them know,it's,wrong ....And I've read about being broken .....That would refer to errant born again s,???
GOD,knocks,them down to ring them back ..like the,Prodigal .?????

REPENTANCE to God ....

Is,what you are,saying ...they can RETURN unless they harden their hearts,so badly they DON'T repent??
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#492186 Nov 16, 2013
Furthermore: Col.2:8 Be careful not to let anyone rob you of this faith through a shollow and misleading philosophy .
Such a person follow human traditions and the worlds way of doing things rather than following Christ.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#492187 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a blessed day.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the Christian, as the majority of the people in the world starve and in turn suffer from starvation related diseases.
I have repeatedly asked you not to post to me. Your cuts and slams are from your dark heart and are not appreciated. Please honor my request. Thank you.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#492188 Nov 16, 2013
doug wrote:
<quoted text>Mar:You abandon the commandments of God, to follow human traditions, read further Mar:7:13
And YOU ... being HOLY ... and above all that evil stuff ... do NOT follow human traditions.

Arrogance is the best seller in the world. That is why the books tagged as holy are such prolific money makers for the theologians.

What a GAS!

Fraser Lake, Canada

#492189 Nov 16, 2013
"I have the right to use my HOLY BOOK to preach at you that you are evil and I am HOLY."

Isn't this FUN!
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#492190 Nov 16, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible came from the traditions of the Catholic Church. There is no other way around this truth. You have to acknowledge it. You can't force yourself to believe it fell from the sky - chapter and verses and all.
who told you? is the Bible wrong? are you above the word of God. Shall we then reject the word of God and except your word ??

Fraser Lake, Canada

#492191 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
You are a poison to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
And "I" have made MY SELF over into HIS HOLY image. And I claim this is absolutely true, even though I am fully aware that the faithful Jews state that Jesus is a fake savior... because if he had existed he would have willingly lead the people away from Judaism.
Liam

United States

#492192 Nov 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I guarantee that if Bubba had made you his "queen" ... you wouldn't have been focused on your image of a holy spirit, as your bum would have been trying to keep it's self protected from Bubba's ongoing advances.
Talk of holiness is cheap!
At that time in my life, Bubba would have been laying on the ground bleeding out of his ears. That's just the truth.
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#492193 Nov 16, 2013
the traditions of the Catholic Church comes from Constantine the Roman emperor the year 321 that's where Sunday, the day of the sun, comes from as they used to pray to the sun god as did the Egyptians .

Fraser Lake, Canada

#492194 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
I have repeatedly asked you not to post to me.
This is a forum ... not YOUR church.

Now you can give one of your sermons about how evil I am for not seeing truth as you (as a matter of COURSE) see it in your trustworthy view-finder.

:)

Fraser Lake, Canada

#492195 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Your cuts and slams are from your dark heart and are not appreciated.
Do all the other devout believers in all the other religions also have dark hearts ... from your ultra-divine self-perceived "POSITION?"
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#492196 Nov 16, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Bible came from God. It was delivered to His people by inspiration of the Holy Spirit, written down by men and given to the small "c" catholic (universal) body of believers.

Your Roman Catholic cult takes credit for and prides itself in believing they wrote the Bible. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Rome has not given us the Bible but has taught false doctrines that cannot be found in the very book they pride themselves in writing and giving to the world.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#492197 Nov 16, 2013
Humans by nature are selfish ... but when they "GET" religion, most of them become unbearable in the attitude that they speak no longer for their selves ... but have moved to the top of the echelon to in turn guide others to states of holiness.

YUCK!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 7 min Mr Sir 8,869
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Jan 21 theidiotsareunited 3
More Jan 20 George 3
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Jan 20 KidlatNgayon 80
Pope: Don't Breed Like Rabbits. Or Use Birth Co... Jan 20 Weird or What 1
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Jan 19 MS_Singapore 42
Pope Francis alters Philippines visit because o... Jan 17 TheRealOzzy 2
More from around the web