Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670621 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#492271 Nov 16, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we are allowed to have an opinion on the matter too. And I believe Sister was giving her opinion. It wasn't part of the curriculum in class. But she none the less assured us that non baptized children are with God.
We had two students that died in a fire, they were siblings, that's why we still remember the lesson. I'm sure they were baptized anyway.
I can only point you to what the Church teaches, Liam. There are lots of personal opinions flying around; priests and nuns are guilty of it too, I'm afraid. Opinions can be misleading. This forum is a prime example of that. If there's a definite Church teaching on something, then we need to go with that as there's a good reason for it, and we don't want to lead people into error. That's what the Catechism is for.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#492272 Nov 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Concerning religion, the reason the Jews faithful to Judaism, which was their own religion, were so brutalized and murdered, was because they would not convert to Christianity.
The Christians that were in mental bondage to the idea that THEY were on the righteous path would not allow the Jews the same freedoms that they wanted for their selves to practice Christianity without being harassed.
And to make the religious scene even more ludicrous, the Christians were murdering each other as heretics.
Maybe there is no cure for such idiocy.
==========

Col Kurtz,

Many Jews were killed by the Romans in the Jewish Roman Wars

The First Jewish Revolt spanned 66–73 AD.

The problems began germinating with the Jewish Zealots circa 66-70 with the revolt against Rome.

IN 70 A.D.Roman Gen Titus and his 30,000 soldiers broke through the walls of Jerusalem.Entering the city they destroyed nearly everything,They stole what survived.600,000 TO 1,000,000 people were killed.They repeated their evil at Caesarea. Over 90,000 were taken captive.

Despite the toll the undaunted Jewish Spirit refused to submit, leading to the Kitos Revolt(115–117) and the Bar Kokhba Revolt.(132–135)

The Jewish Roman Wars were devastating to the Jews, transforming them into a scattered, persecuted. people.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492273 Nov 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
This is almost verbatim to what I have been saying "the Scriptures bear witness that Jesus is the son of God. He cant be the Father and yet be the Son.
Theologians can and did teach whatever pleased them.

For instance according to some Christian theologians, Mary the virgin is supposedly not only the mother of Jesus ... but she is also the Mother of the head-haunch God.

Now THAT is incest ... but the theologians didn't mind incest ... WHEN it suited their purposes.

:)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#492274 Nov 16, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct.
The Catholic Church is The Church Jesus Built.
Jesus was fully man and fully God.
St.Peter was anointed by Jesus as the first vicar, or Pope, of The Catholic Church Jesus built.
The Church, or Body of Christ on earth, is all about mankind.
Haven't you ever read The Bible?
Check with your local priest for assistance.
Horse manure!!!!!!

Your NABre pope approved Bible says you are full of it!!!!!

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

church: a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly..

It does not define any denomination....the Catholic denomination is the largest in the USA!!!!!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#492275 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Please, keep it coming. God is using you.
<quoted text>
You are doing it again. Thank you.
Did you know when people are trained to find counterfeit money they do not study the counterfeit. Oh no. They actually study the legally printed money and thereby can easily spot a counterfeit. This practice also works with Christianity. The only way we can know the counterfeit is to know the real thing. Thanks again.
<quoted text>
Wow, thanks again. More revelations. Your words reveal what is counterfeit based on what those born again know as absolute truth.
Matthew 24:24, "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."
The elect? Those born again. Not those baptized. As all know, baptism cannot save. Only Jesus saves. If baptism could save us why did Jesus go to the cross and shed His precious blood?
<quoted text>
Your statement reveals your counterfeit Christianity. Sad.
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand how new your teaching on baptism is?
Do you understand how un-Biblical your teaching on baptism is?

Might I ask, why was Jesus baptized?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#492276 Nov 16, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>used a few words over the level of your intelligence, uh? LOL. tell me Oxbor, what are you trying to prove with this verse that you have used on almost every Christian on this Forum.
not ONE person has ever said that Jesus is God the Father, and with that being said, you are sparring with your own shadow, with no chance of winning.
You are not taking your CRS pills!!!

Your words...
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>for oxbore.
the Antemortal Godship of Christ, It comes from mormonish and means that Christ was ,is and always will be God.
one of the few things that they get right.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#492277 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Which scholars? Please provide your source of this information other than the vatican.
<quoted text>
Cly, sorry you feel that way. In all reality you have not provided anything other than innuendo. Please comply for all of this forum, not just myself, and provide the information as proof positive in support of your statement.
Which "scholars" wrote II Peter and some of Paul's writings were done by another and not these apostles? Very simple question. We await your answer.
What you could do is take what I said and prove me wrong. Google and research it. Did the Apostles actually pen every book of the NT?
I can't find any scholars that say yes. Maybe you can. Maybe you can find a 'the rapture is here dot com' website that'll disagree with me.lol
Liam

Detroit, MI

#492278 Nov 16, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only point you to what the Church teaches, Liam. There are lots of personal opinions flying around; priests and nuns are guilty of it too, I'm afraid. Opinions can be misleading. This forum is a prime example of that. If there's a definite Church teaching on something, then we need to go with that as there's a good reason for it, and we don't want to lead people into error. That's what the Catechism is for.
Amen to that. I'll never speak outside of official Church teaching. If I do, I hope to be rebuked.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#492279 Nov 16, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd be horrified if you learned that some Books of the NT weren't written by the Apostles. 2Peter is one I think that scholars question, and several of Pauls letters. They may have been written by their immediate Disciples. In the name of Paul or Peter.
Regardless, nobody ever passed them out and said 'here, this verse says you are wrong'. lol.
It's supposed they may have had disciple ..One possiby ohn Mark for Peter ...etc..as Scribing ...if I dictate,my.thoughts to you..I'm.still the author ..
You put them.down as less than Ignatius half the TIMe ..there is a difference ...as if your early FATHERS knew,more than the APOSTLES AND PAUL ..who did write to the Churches..Copies WERE sent on to other Churches ...
If in order o prove your Church tradition superior and the,scriptures not authentic...your last comment sounded gleeful.

What does it say about the RCC that they say his is the WORD of God..name the author ..at EACH MASS

Frankly this is,..well I don't know a word for it ...why do you keep doing this ..
CLAY much as your Church values,tradition .

You are,inferring they have been Lying at every Mass ..

Unless there is,some SECRET DOGMA,..That says,the Gospel is untrue but that's,ok..the,Epistles are,false but that's,ok .

You are making this inference ..not me ..
I actually have assumed at Mass,the readings,and authors,I hear if I attend are authentic ..
And so is my.bible

http://coldcasechristianity.com/2013/how-coul...

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#492280 Nov 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
This is almost verbatim to what I have been saying "the Scriptures bear witness that Jesus is the son of God. He cant be the Father and yet be the Son.
Matt 3;17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
I have seen "Jesus is God" on this forum many many times. Since there is only one God....those words cannot mean anything else but....which you now agree Scripture I have posted clearly show Jesus is the Son of God.....
you remain an enigma to me oxbore. Jesus is the Son of God, no one has ever said otherwise to you but in your senility, you choose to remain in darkness.

But some of the scribes were sitting there and reasoning in their hearts, 7"Why does this man speak that way? He is blaspheming; who can forgive sins but God alone?" 8Immediately Jesus, aware in His spirit that they were reasoning that way within themselves, said to them, "Why are you reasoning about these things in your hearts?…

Which is easier, to say to the paralytic,'Your sins are forgiven'; or to say,'Get up, and pick up your pallet and walk '? 10"But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins "-- He said to the paralytic, 11"I say to you, get up, pick up your pallet and go home."….
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#492281 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Please, keep it coming. God is using you.
<quoted text>
You are doing it again. Thank you.
Did you know when people are trained to find counterfeit money they do not study the counterfeit. Oh no. They actually study the legally printed money and thereby can easily spot a counterfeit. This practice also works with Christianity. The only way we can know the counterfeit is to know the real thing. Thanks again.
<quoted text>
Wow, thanks again. More revelations. Your words reveal what is counterfeit based on what those born again know as absolute truth.
Matthew 24:24, "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."
The elect? Those born again. Not those baptized. As all know, baptism cannot save. Only Jesus saves. If baptism could save us why did Jesus go to the cross and shed His precious blood?
<quoted text>
Your statement reveals your counterfeit Christianity. Sad.
<quoted text>
Do you understand how un-Biblical your teaching on baptism is?
Might I ask, why was Jesus baptized?
Its not my teaching. Keep in mind, its the Roman Catholic, Byzantine Catholic, Syrian Catholic, Coptic Catholic , Orthodox, Protestant, Lutheran, Methodist, Anglican..everyone ..., its even half the born again movements teaching!! You guys are completely divided on baptism.
Your new gospel is so new, some of you were alive when it was introduced.

Water is essential for life and apparently God thought it was essential for salvation too. You can't change it.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#492282 Nov 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's supposed they may have had disciple ..One possiby ohn Mark for Peter ...etc..as Scribing ...if I dictate,my.thoughts to you..I'm.still the author ..
You put them.down as less than Ignatius half the TIMe ..there is a difference ...as if your early FATHERS knew,more than the APOSTLES AND PAUL ..who did write to the Churches..Copies WERE sent on to other Churches ...
If in order o prove your Church tradition superior and the,scriptures not authentic...your last comment sounded gleeful.
What does it say about the RCC that they say his is the WORD of God..name the author ..at EACH MASS
Frankly this is,..well I don't know a word for it ...why do you keep doing this ..
Unless there is,some SECRET DOGMA,..That says,the Gospel is untrue but that's,ok..the,Epistles are,false but that's,ok .
I actually have assumed at Mass,the readings,and authors,I hear if I attend are authentic ..
And so is my.bible
That's good.

Problem is, it also is wrong.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#492284 Nov 16, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand how new your teaching on baptism is?
But Clay ..I thought you all used the scriptures,to tell us,about it.

But you infer they are not genuine ..several times ..

Or does your belief in Baptism Come solely from the,Pope ..

I'm serious here ..either scripture ...put together ..from the inspired FIRST HAND writing of the Apostles and Paul ...by your Church was,from God and them...or made up ...not authentic ..do you only have word of moth tradition ..to back up.any of your beliefs .

I always assumed ..the Gospels,taught me were written by whom the Church said they were ...
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#492285 Nov 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And so is my.bible
Exactly. This poses a major problem for Preston, Confrint and old gee.
If some of the NT wasn't actually written by the Apostles, but written by their Disciples, then you guys are even more reckless for excluding the other writings of their Disciples. Like the epistle of Clement or Ignatius. Here you have a gold mine of insight into the minds of people who sat, ate and slept near Paul and Peter. They fortify what was actually taught by their writings. Yet, since its too catholic for ya, you choose to ignore it and follow one of the many thousands of paper popes?? Makes no sense to a sincere Christian.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#492286 Nov 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
But Clay ..I thought you all used the scriptures,to tell us,about it.
But you infer they are not genuine ..several times ..
Or does your belief in Baptism Come solely from the,Pope ..
I'm serious here ..either scripture ...put together ..from the inspired FIRST HAND writing of the Apostles and Paul ...by your Church was,from God and them...or made up ...not authentic ..do you only have word of moth tradition ..to back up.any of your beliefs .
I always assumed ..the Gospels,taught me were written by whom the Church said they were ...
Whoa. The NT is genuine. Its the word of God. The Catholic Church shows more respect towards these writings than anyone I've ever seen.
This respect includes not putting a false label on them or forgetting where they came from.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#492287 Nov 16, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok .Regina,..are the bible scriptures,indeed from.the apostles,and,Paul ??
If you have read any of my posts,to Clay ...I'm.NOT putting down your Church..just contesting what he has been inferring for a month now,.

If a,priest is,doing a reading..names the author ..is,He telling the truth ..I always,assumed He was .

If you all now have no legal study ..is there some.secret dogmas about authenticity ..

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492288 Nov 16, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I got your point June. The fact is you enjoy insulting people
Of course I enjoy insulting people who are so arrogant as to believe that a god loves them while rejecting others.

And even though you pretend that you are holy you also enjoy insulting others. Every time you insinuate that another person's religion is wrong and yours is right, you insult the other person.

FUN ... isn't it???

:)

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492289 Nov 16, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
Col Kurtz,
Many Jews were killed by the Romans in the Jewish Roman Wars
The First Jewish Revolt spanned 66–73 AD.
The problems began germinating with the Jewish Zealots circa 66-70 with the revolt against Rome.
IN 70 A.D.Roman Gen Titus and his 30,000 soldiers broke through the walls of Jerusalem.Entering the city they destroyed nearly everything,They stole what survived.600,000 TO 1,000,000 people were killed.They repeated their evil at Caesarea. Over 90,000 were taken captive.
Despite the toll the undaunted Jewish Spirit refused to submit, leading to the Kitos Revolt(115–117) and the Bar Kokhba Revolt.(132–135)
The Jewish Roman Wars were devastating to the Jews, transforming them into a scattered, persecuted. people.
And what else is new???

Humans enjoyed and still enjoy the slaughter of others.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#492290 Nov 16, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
What you could do is take what I said and prove me wrong. Google and research it. Did the Apostles actually pen every book of the NT?
I can't find any scholars that say yes. Maybe you can. Maybe you can find a 'the rapture is here dot com' website that'll disagree with me.lol
So you think.they were NOT the authors,..AUTHOR ...not penner..AUTHOR ..
when the,Priest says,the,Epistle of,Paul...it's,untrue or possibly untrue

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492291 Nov 16, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<.But I do know what you posted to clay was gross,insulting and uncalled for period.
Yet you believe it's okie dokie when Clay states that I will spend eternity in hell???

You do have your priorities about what you believe is and is not "uncalled for" ... don't you???

I happen to disagree with you.

I suggest to believe that others will burn in hell is what is really uncalled for.

That type of teaching drove many humans to insanity and suicide.

But THAT doesn't bother YOU ... does it self-perceived HOLY-one???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 29 min Over It 10,419
News Pope discusses climate, immigrants in historic ... (Sep '15) Feb 22 WelbyMD 47
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Feb 17 True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
More from around the web