Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654523 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Liam

Detroit, MI

#492246 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Which scholars? Please provide your source of this information other than the vatican.
I'm tired of providing you with information. Really. There are no amount of facts that would ever get you to see that you were wrong.
If you're interested in truth, you can always research it yourself. I see you know how to get online, to that's a good start.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492247 Nov 16, 2013
Wacky theology

If Jehovah inspired men to write the old testament … which god inspired men to write the new testament?

It couldn't have been Jehovah, as Jehovah favors only Jews.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492248 Nov 16, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm tired of providing you with information.
OH OH!

That is NOT a good SIGN!

:)

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492249 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Worth watching...
http://youtu.be/2cqzRwKKBQs
Not according to a Muslim!

You'd better get on that path of righteousness,'cause that hell that the Islamic theologians conjured up in their religion is far worse than the mediocre Christian hell ... especially since the Christian preachers are now proclaiming that the devil no longer "burns" his victims. I don't know what purpose the devil now has in the whole scheme. Maybe he now just stands and makes evil faces at offenders.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#492250 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Please, keep it coming. God is using you.
<quoted text>
You are doing it again. Thank you.
Did you know when people are trained to find counterfeit money they do not study the counterfeit. Oh no. They actually study the legally printed money and thereby can easily spot a counterfeit. This practice also works with Christianity. The only way we can know the counterfeit is to know the real thing. Thanks again.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are banking on your PRIDE when you suggest that you are too WISE to be taken in by counterfeit-religion.
I suggest that ALL religion because of being based on nothing but imagination, IS counterfeit.
Wow, thanks again. More revelations. Your words reveal what is counterfeit based on what those born again know as absolute truth.

Matthew 24:24, "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."

The elect? Those born again. Not those baptized. As all know, baptism cannot save. Only Jesus saves. If baptism could save us why did Jesus go to the cross and shed His precious blood?
Liam

Detroit, MI

#492251 Nov 16, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
She shouldn't have said that as it's not Church teaching. Did you read the excerpt I posted from the Catechism? That's what we believe. Anything else is speculation. Now she could be right, and we have every reason to hope that she is, but we can only go by what God has revealed to us. So we leave those souls to His mercy as the Church teaches.
Well, we are allowed to have an opinion on the matter too. And I believe Sister was giving her opinion. It wasn't part of the curriculum in class. But she none the less assured us that non baptized children are with God.
We had two students that died in a fire, they were siblings, that's why we still remember the lesson. I'm sure they were baptized anyway.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492252 Nov 16, 2013
What good is hell if the devil can't keep the home-fires burning???

Imagine the nerve of a pope dismissing the devil's REAL purpose ... after all those centuries of dedicated service the devil gave to the Catholic church when he was burning all those souls.

tongue in cheek
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Response to july 29 1999/pope john/ hell is not a place/state of being/cnn channel 30

Tres interesante!
Papal audience of Wednesday, July 28, 1999

The images of hell that Sacred Scripture presents to us must be correctly interpreted. They show the complete frustration and emptiness of life without God. Rather than a place, hell indicates the state of those who freely and definitively separate themselves from God, the source of all life and joy.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492253 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know when people are trained to find counterfeit money they do not study the counterfeit. Oh no. They actually study the legally printed money and thereby can easily spot a counterfeit. This practice also works with Christianity. The only way we can know the counterfeit is to know the real thing. Thanks again.
<quoted text>
Wow, thanks again. More revelations. Your words reveal what is counterfeit based on what those born again know as absolute truth.
Matthew 24:24, "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."
The elect? Those born again. Not those baptized. As all know, baptism cannot save. Only Jesus saves. If baptism could save us why did Jesus go to the cross and shed His precious blood?
The 12th Imam is NOT going to save you from Islam's hell.

You have sealed your fate ... you wicked Christian Infidel!!!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#492254 Nov 16, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I NEVER received one penny for Pastoring a church. you just don't get it, do You?
I had a good job, my wife has a good job. small country churches cant afford to hire Preachers and I aint for sale anyhow.
and I am a Minster because around March 1984, God told me that He wanted me to preach the Gospel.
and your clergy are clergy because it gives them a ample supply of little kids that allows them to enjoy the rapine that goes on beyond closed doors. look at the millions of ill gotten gain that your church is being force into giving back, but some day, it will be more than just dollars that your church gives up. then Jesus will completely destroy it.
GBU Preston
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#492255 Nov 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Wacky theology
If Jehovah inspired men to write the old testament … which god inspired men to write the new testament?
It couldn't have been Jehovah, as Jehovah favors only Jews.
Thanks again for your testimony.

Galatians 3:28-29, 28 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 AND IF YOU ARE CHRIST'S, THEN YOU ARE ABRAHAM'S OFFSPRING, HEIRS ACCORDING TO PROMISE."

Colossians 3:11-13, 11 "Here there is not Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, free; but Christ is all, and in all. 12 Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, 13 bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive."
Liam

Detroit, MI

#492256 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Baptism was installed by God. You have no say one way or the other on the matter.

Water is what God willed, that's really all you need to know.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#492257 Nov 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I guarantee that if Bubba had made you his "queen" ... you wouldn't have been focused on your image of a holy spirit, as your bum would have been trying to keep it's self protected from Bubba's ongoing advances.
Talk of holiness is cheap!
You know. that was disgusting and totally uncalled for. Shame on you...

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492258 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Once branded as an Atheist ... always branded as an Atheist.

When would you like me to start persecuting YOU??? After all ... I believe you are being illegal.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Discrimination against atheists

Ancient times

Those labeled as atheist, which included early Christians and Muslims, were as a result targeted for legal persecution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_a ...
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#492259 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Which scholars? Please provide your source of this information other than the vatican.
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm tired of providing you with information. Really. There are no amount of facts that would ever get you to see that you were wrong.
If you're interested in truth, you can always research it yourself. I see you know how to get online, to that's a good start.
Cly, sorry you feel that way. In all reality you have not provided anything other than innuendo. Please comply for all of this forum, not just myself, and provide the information as proof positive in support of your statement.

Which "scholars" wrote II Peter and some of Paul's writings were done by another and not these apostles? Very simple question. We await your answer.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492260 Nov 16, 2013
Christian ... "I'll die when my father calls me home."

Jew ... "Jehovah is going to call you???"

Christian ... "NO ... of course not! MY GOD is going to call me home."

Jew ... "What's his name."

Christian ... "HE doesn't have a specific name."

Jew ... "Hmmmmmmmmmm."
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#492261 Nov 16, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The 12th Imam is NOT going to save you from Islam's hell.
You have sealed your fate ... you wicked Christian Infidel!!!
My fate was sealed when I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior.

Ephesians 1:13-14, 13 "In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were SEALED with the PROMISED Holy Spirit, 14 who is the GUARANTEED of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it,to the PRAISE OF HIS GLORY."

I John 4:4-6, 4 "Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. 5 They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them. 6 We are from God. Whoever knows God listens to us; whoever is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the Spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492262 Nov 16, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You know. that was disgusting and totally uncalled for. Shame on you...
My point was, that his belief in religion would soon fade into oblivion if he had to be worried that Bubba was going to molest him.

The fact that your self-perceived holiness missed that point, is not my problem.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492263 Nov 16, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism was installed by God.
That is why I'm trying with all my might to get you into baptism of Islam, so that you won't burn for eternity in Islam's hell.

But it's plain you have other issues "on your mind."

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#492264 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism was installed by God. You have no say one way or the other on the matter.
Water is what God willed, that's really all you need to know.
Your statement reveals your counterfeit Christianity. Sad.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492265 Nov 16, 2013
I suggest that "rightfully so" this "information" would be offensive to most Jews.

Islam never even became a religion until the 7th century.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Chronology of Medieval Christianity

Muhammad broke with his Jewish supporters because they refused to recognize him as a prophet and adopt Islam. He chose now to emphasize the Arabness of the new religion and has his followers face Mecca when praying instead of Jerusalem. In the end, all the Jews were either banished or executed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr Married in 10,210
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Aug 24 South Knox Hombre 2
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web