Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 682149 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#492212 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
doug wrote:
the traditions of the Catholic Church comes from Constantine the Roman emperor the year 321 that's where Sunday, the day of the sun, comes from as they used to pray to the sun god as did the Egyptians .
<quoted text>
All of the traditions of the ROMAN CATHOLIC church, not the Biblical truth of the one true small "c" catholic (universal) church, came from Constantine and the ROMAN EMPIRE.....thus the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH of today.
Are you saying Constantine invented Sunday worship for Christians??
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492213 Nov 16, 2013
Wacky theology

Creator ... "I love all of you just as you are."

"But you can't love others as you love me. I am a Protestant, and I preach truth, while those others preach nothing but lies."

Creator ... "Are you DARING to command ME with your haughty attitude of who I can and can't LOVE?"
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#492214 Nov 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay.. You guys,worship.as,you wish..But you ate,now,saying SCRIPTURE came from tradition....not Paul and the Apostles,....that's,just not right ..
Your really saying your gospels,..which ate,read each day..are,NOT from the,words,of Jesus,..But from the,traditions,of men
Jesus never gave anyone a list of Books for sola scripture. That's why the scriptures weren't set until the 4th century. Doesn't that bother you? you just going to keep mumbling 'word of God, bible word of God'

Many of you are Bible idolaters. I love the Holy Scriptures, but you need to view them in the correct context.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492215 Nov 16, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying Constantine invented Sunday worship for Christians??
EARLY CHRISTIANS - 2nd Century

"The primitive Christians did keep the Sabbath of the Jews;...therefore the Christians, for a long time together, did keep their conventions upon the Sabbath, in which some portions of the law were read: and this continued till the time of the Laodicean council." "The Whole Works" of Jeremy Taylor, Vol. IX,p. 416 (R. Heber's Edition, Vol XII, p. 416).

http://www.remnantofgod.org/sabhist.htm#2
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#492216 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
doug wrote:
the traditions of the Catholic Church comes from Constantine the Roman emperor the year 321 that's where Sunday, the day of the sun, comes from as they used to pray to the sun god as did the Egyptians .
<quoted text>
All of the traditions of the ROMAN CATHOLIC church, not the Biblical truth of the one true small "c" catholic (universal) church, came from Constantine and the ROMAN EMPIRE.....thus the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH of today.
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying Constantine invented Sunday worship for Christians??
You can answer your own question by re-reading my post. Did I say that?
HuskerDu

Falls City, NE

#492217 Nov 16, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>It was Saint Bernadette's spirituality that developed out of her suffering that made her a saint, not the suffering it self...
You are wrong again. Out f her suffering with asthma as a child plus the poverty she lived in made her worthy to be visited by the Blessed Virgin, her life was hard and she accepted it. She knew others would be cured but not her.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#492218 Nov 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if your self is trying to lead others to perfected selfhood, should you be disliking the other humans that you are trying to lead???
Only an individual can make the choices they do.

Why do you keep thinking I can make the choice for them?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492219 Nov 16, 2013
Another know-it-all preacher ... pounding his pulpit, comparable to a gorilla pounding its chest while in the heat of lust for his Mrs.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

God Invented Sex Charles Wittschiebe Seventh-Day-Adventist

Note that Satan, when he could no longer succeed in having the Jewish leaders break the Sabbath, then brought about an inhuman system of observing it by a stifling mass of minute legalistic regulations.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#492220 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Bible came from God. It was delivered to His people by inspiration of the Holy Spirit, written down by men and given to the small "c" catholic (universal) body of believers.
Your Roman Catholic cult takes credit for and prides itself in believing they wrote the Bible. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Rome has not given us the Bible but has taught false doctrines that cannot be found in the very book they pride themselves in writing and giving to the world.
Thank you for telling it like it is.
HuskerDu

Falls City, NE

#492221 Nov 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So a,person who is,saved..born again...can sin badly but have sincere,repentance ....???
The,Spirit will let them know,it's,wrong ....And I've read about being broken .....That would refer to errant born again s,???
GOD,knocks,them down to ring them back ..like the,Prodigal .?????
REPENTANCE to God ....
Is,what you are,saying ...they can RETURN unless they harden their hearts,so badly they DON'T repent??
Even peope who say they are *born again* sin. if you dopn't think so, you are in big trouble.
HuskerDu

Falls City, NE

#492222 Nov 16, 2013
people and don't, typos
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492223 Nov 16, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of you are Bible idolaters. I love the Holy Scriptures, but you need to view them in the correct context.
UNBELIEVABLE!!!... is the arrogance that comes from self-ordained theologians such as YOU.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#492224 Nov 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The "supposed evidence" is in your imagination.
And your arrogance is showing when you insinuate that YOU KNOW the evidence exists and can SEE IT, but others haven't yet "arrived" at your state of knowledge.
It's the same old nonsense peddled by theologians ever since they existed as mortal nincompoops, ever claiming to KNOW what they didn't know.
There is all kinds of tangible evidence that exists.

You know how to use a computer, google "paranormal" and you will see all kinds of links pop up.

You know the old adage - "Don't judge a book by its cover." One must read in order to understand the context.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492225 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
I want to take this moment to thank you for posting to me and about me. As a result, you are spreading the word of God by your vile contempt for it. Thank you for posting to me and I look forward to more conversations in the future.
YOU ... spreading truth???... how funny!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#492226 Nov 16, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus never gave anyone a list of Books for sola scripture. That's why the scriptures weren't set until the 4th century. Doesn't that bother you? you just going to keep mumbling 'word of God, bible word of God'
Many of you are Bible idolaters. I love the Holy Scriptures, but you need to view them in the correct context.
Well since most contained events,after His,death ..that's,obvious .

Not my point ..this is,not the,first time that your posts infer the apostles,did,NOT ..PAUL did Not write them..

Yes,your council's put them together .But your tradition did not write the words ..unless you think ..really think ..That they are fabrications ..

Is,that what your Church teaches you ..
You have said before,the apostles,didn't write ..because JESUS,did not tell them to..other things,also ...That MSKE me think YOU have Bern taught that the scripture a were NOT written by he APOSTLES AND,PAUL.

oh praise,Ignatius,
.but put scripture,down to tradition..

Sorry Clay bit it's,disconcerting ..as,this,is,not the first time .

If you believe they ate,preaching someone else's words as the words,of Matthewark.Luke and John ...if your Church taught you that ...please,let us,know
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#492227 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
I want to take this moment to thank you for posting to me and about me. As a result, you are spreading the word of God by your vile contempt for it. Thank you for posting to me and I look forward to more conversations in the future.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU ... spreading truth???... how funny!
Hallelujah! Thank you "June VanDerMark". Thank you...thank you.

Jesus said in Matthew 5:11, "Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account."

Please, keep it coming. God is using you.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492228 Nov 16, 2013
What does Aristotle and the non observation of God's Holy 7th day Sabbath have in Common?

2000 years prior to Galileo, Aristotle made the profound statement: Heavy objects fall faster than light objects. The Leaning Tower of Pisa was made famous by Galileo when he challenged Aristotle's Hypothesis "that heavy objects fall faster than light objects". The demonstration was held in front of a crowd of interested parties. Galileo's demonstration, once and for all, put to rest the absurdity of such an utterance, and proved beyond a shawdow of a doubt, that heavy objects and light objects fall at the same rate of speed.

The interesting observation here is that for 2000 years no one doubted that the statement could have been false. No one attempted to disprove it before Galileo. They just accepted this statement as fact. This was, after all, the great Greek thinker of our Antiquity! Who are we to doubt such things?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492229 Nov 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since most contained events,after His,death ..that's,obvious .
Not my point ..this is,not the,first time that your posts infer the apostles,did,NOT ..PAUL did Not write them..
Yes,your council's put them together .But your tradition did not write the words ..unless you think ..really think ..That they are fabrications ..
Is,that what your Church teaches you ..
You have said before,the apostles,didn't write ..because JESUS,did not tell them to..other things,also ...That MSKE me think YOU have Bern taught that the scripture a were NOT written by he APOSTLES AND,PAUL.
oh praise,Ignatius,
.but put scripture,down to tradition..
Sorry Clay bit it's,disconcerting ..as,this,is,not the first time .
If you believe they ate,preaching someone else's words as the words,of Matthewark.Luke and John ...if your Church taught you that ...please,let us,know
When are you going to humble your self and start learning TRUTH from a Muslim's point of view?

After all ... the 12th Imam needs worship, as without worship, "he" can't exist.

:)
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492230 Nov 16, 2013
Some theologian back in ancient history decided that a god needed a sabbath-day for the god's special entertainment.

And there-after, it gave the devout-believers something to fight over concerning which day was the holiest day of the week.

Numb-skulls come to mind!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#492231 Nov 16, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Even peope who say they are *born again* sin. if you dopn't think so, you are in big trouble.
ALL SIN (this of course includes me). The difference between those born again and those not born again is the born again know they have sinned, it breaks their heart and they repent. Those not born again sin but don't know they are sinning and do not repent. Their hearts and minds have been hardened. Please pray their minds and hearts will be opened to hear from the Holy Spirit. Let's pray James 4:7 on their lives, "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Jun 19 Dementia mental c... 36
News Gregory: Bishops - can never say we are sorry e... Jun 18 Listen to the Word 1
News Pat Robertson Is Birth Control (Nov '14) Jun 13 Donald Scampi 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 12 Married in 10,558
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... Jun 8 lavon affair 10
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... Jun 8 USS LIBERTY 9
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Jun 7 princess_noochie 84,749
More from around the web