Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646537 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#492126 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Who Is Keeping You In God’s Hand?
BIBLE MEDITATION:
“Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations.” Deuteronomy 7:9
DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Is he just being nice to us? That would be a strange doctrine. We are going to heaven by the grace of the devil!”
God saves us. God keeps us. What has been settled in eternity can never be undone by the ways of men or the schemes of the devil.
ACTION POINT:
Read Romans 8:38-39 today. These would be important verses to memorize.
Romans 8:38-39, 38 "For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
I hope that it isn't you that is this stupid.

[When I talk about eternal security, inevitably I will hear,“Well, maybe your sins can’t take you out of the hand of God, but Satan can.”
In all due respect, I respond,“Pardon me. But that is foolishness. If Satan could take us out of the hand of God, why hasn’t he done it yet?]

for the answer is obvious, satan has already taken us out of the hand of God. we aint in the garden anymore are we?

It is NEVER satan that takes us away from God, it is self.we just CHOOSE to allow him

But thanks be unto God that Jesus came and has offered us a Way back into that Promised Land. people that believe in OSAS are the most unbeleivable people in the world, next to catholics, to think that you are so superior that YOU CANT FALTER OR FALL.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#492127 Nov 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if your self is trying to lead others to perfected selfhood, should you be disliking the other humans that you are trying to lead???
Just you, June.
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#492128 Nov 16, 2013
Sadly the people are taught anything But the truth.
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#492129 Nov 16, 2013
Maverick 808 wrote:
<quoted text>It looks good on my resume.
:)
I tried posting on your thread on the main forum but someone keeps rejecting my posts.
I agree with you someone rejects mine as well, there are people on this post that does not want others to see the truth.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492130 Nov 16, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO - there is plenty of evidence to substantiate another dimensional "spiritual" world, so I will go on believing one exists.
You are correct, some of those opinions have not been saturated with "proper evidence" yet, but will.
The "supposed evidence" is in your imagination.

And your arrogance is showing when you insinuate that YOU KNOW the evidence exists and can SEE IT, but others haven't yet "arrived" at your state of knowledge.

It's the same old nonsense peddled by theologians ever since they existed as mortal nincompoops, ever claiming to KNOW what they didn't know.

Location hidden

#492131 Nov 16, 2013
Well, maybe your sins can’t take you out of the hand of God, but Satan can.”

anyway, I know that sin CAN take you out of the hands of God.

at the cross, God couldn't even LOOK at His own son because of sin,

and if He wouldn't look at Jesus,

why will he find favorable, people like oldjg and his filthy mouth and dope addicts?

common sense 101
Liam

Warwick, RI

#492132 Nov 16, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry Sera but this needs to be said.
Clay you are a stupid idiot to claim that Ministers are liars. for SEVERAL YEARS, I have challenged you or anyone else to give me ONE incident that I have lied about, while I have caught you several times lying, and forced you into taking water. I for one don't care about your past, and look at your words. Any person that Is Born Again knows that you didn't find Salvation. to Help you out, it is Jesus that Saves, not the Holy Ghost. You don't even know what you are talking about and EVERY Christians knows when they get Saved. you are clueless and ignorant, and that is being nice to you.
AGAIN, IT IS JESUS THAT SAVES, IT IS JESUS THAT DIED, NOT THE HOLY GHOST.
Ok, since you are a minister, help me out. I was facing several yrs in prison and looked to the Lord for help. I don't need to get into details of my past, but I had a tendency to end up in jail throughout my teens and early twenties. But at this particular moment in jail, I knew I really messed up and was actually sorry for what I had done, I begged God in tears to help me....the Lord lifted me up beyond explainable words. The only thing I knew for sure at that point was that there was a God, and He is unimaginable love. I felt like I could cure a cripple by putting my hands on them. Seriously. This is my testimony before you and God. You still say I'm going to hell for not being born again?? Your pride won't allow you to acknowledge that a Catholic could fall under your category of born againism too.
But that wasn't my only encounter with God. I had one in Jr high that sticks out too.. Plus, I receive the Eucharist and continue to get graces that I can't describe. You don't understand the the last part .
Do not blame me because I found out your side lies and the cc side doesn't. The Bible developed over time Preston, THROUGH the sacred traditions of the Catholic Church. Do you understand that? They can't be separated.

Location hidden

#492133 Nov 16, 2013
doug wrote:
Sadly the people are taught anything But the truth.
Even some who claim to be Born Again, yet The Word is True, they will cry out how much they have done for the Lord, but their pleas will come to naught some day.
Liam

Warwick, RI

#492134 Nov 16, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I hope that it isn't you that is this stupid.
And you ain't a Minister just because your pay stub says so.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492135 Nov 16, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
If those who suffer great pain (go thru the fire) go straight to heaven, a lot of very mean people will be there...
KM
For not joining Judaism in its pure form, are you planning to go through the fire of Gehenna???

I suggest that (within your entrenched mindset of theology) if you were not mean, you wouldn't believe that others deserve hell while YOU deserve heaven.

That's a very nasty trait in many believers.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#492136 Nov 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Who Is Keeping You In God’s Hand?
BIBLE MEDITATION:
“Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations.” Deuteronomy 7:9
DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Is he just being nice to us? That would be a strange doctrine. We are going to heaven by the grace of the devil!”
God saves us. God keeps us. What has been settled in eternity can never be undone by the ways of men or the schemes of the devil.
ACTION POINT:
Read Romans 8:38-39 today. These would be important verses to memorize.
Romans 8:38-39, 38 "For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I hope that it isn't you that is this stupid.
[When I talk about eternal security, inevitably I will hear,“Well, maybe your sins can’t take you out of the hand of God, but Satan can.”
In all due respect, I respond,“Pardon me. But that is foolishness. If Satan could take us out of the hand of God, why hasn’t he done it yet?]
for the answer is obvious, satan has already taken us out of the hand of God. we aint in the garden anymore are we?
It is NEVER satan that takes us away from God, it is self.we just CHOOSE to allow him
But thanks be unto God that Jesus came and has offered us a Way back into that Promised Land. people that believe in OSAS are the most unbeleivable people in the world, next to catholics, to think that you are so superior that YOU CANT FALTER OR FALL.
Thank you for revealing your ignorance. What I posted is a devotional from ADRIAN ROGERS. A true expounder of the word of God. Not some 'wanna be pastor' like yourself. You would have everyone on this forum believe the power of satan to take us is greater than the power of God to keep us. You are nothing more than a disciple of the devil and a liar from hell itself. In the name of Jesus and by the power of His shed blood on the cross I cast you out. I bind your putrid mouth to no longer expound the lies of your father the devil.
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#492137 Nov 16, 2013
The assumption of Mary...yes whether they mutter and peep, the whole world being in total and utter darkness ,void of the truth: assumes everything Rome//Vatican// Pope they put their lives in the hands of luciferian satanest who worships a dead woman along with the day of the sun, Sun- day .

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492138 Nov 16, 2013
Maverick 808 wrote:
<quoted text>It looks good on my resume.
You must be relating in a favorable way to what I post.

If not, you would be giving me a sermon on how evil I am and how (if only I would see the light the way you see it) you could lead me to walk the path, first to your owned knowledge, and then, in turn to a state of "holiness."

truth

Pearsall, Australia

#492139 Nov 16, 2013
i just left car
please tell me which light go so fast oh..i see from sky as light so fast..

its less than second much then 1/3 second

why i move my head to see that
i don't know
my eyes catch that
003 second
oh its just time catch that
even eliminated
if if if
nemoj kazat
How much is that fast dear God?
Liam

Warwick, RI

#492140 Nov 16, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry Sera but this needs to be said.
Clay you are a stupid idiot to claim that Ministers are liars. for SEVERAL YEARS, I have challenged you or anyone else to give me ONE incident that I have lied about, while I have caught you several times lying, and forced you into taking water. I for one don't care about your past, and look at your words. Any person that Is Born Again knows that you didn't find Salvation. to Help you out, it is Jesus that Saves, not the Holy Ghost. You don't even know what you are talking about and EVERY Christians knows when they get Saved. you are clueless and ignorant, and that is being nice to you.
AGAIN, IT IS JESUS THAT SAVES, IT IS JESUS THAT DIED, NOT THE HOLY GHOST.
"I've caught you several times lying, and forced you into taking on water"

Lol, wouldn't you love it if that was true. I've never lied on this forum. I might have once or twice misstated something I thought was true, but very rarely, then Regina or DS or Anthony clarified it for me.

God the father, God the Son and the Holy Spirit are one, Preston.
HuskerDu

Falls City, NE

#492141 Nov 16, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Not all people who have cancer are like your dad. There are many many people with cancer who are mean as a rattle snake. And just because they suffer from a terminal illness doe not give the a free ride into Heaven. I know this is not your Churches teaching
You have no idea what you are posting. Yes there are people who suffer great pain and never complain, these people are Saints . Saint Bernadette had what they called TB of the bones, probably bone cancer and never complained or told anyone of her affliction until she collapsed. Many people offer their pain up to Christ. I know these people are Saints. Maybe if people start offering themselves and the afflictions they have to Christ, the world would be a better place.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492142 Nov 16, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Just you, June.
Having been in religion, and having left religion, because I understand the mesmerizing power of religion, I don't dislike humans that are still stuck in religion.

I do however dislike the religions that keep the humans stuck in mental bondage of religion ... fighting with each other over who the same god loves and who the same god will reject.

Can't you see how silly such behavior becomes ... when from one side of your mouth you claim that only "god" can say who will be saved ... and out of the other side of your mouth, you are claiming that YOU know how to guarantee that others will be saved, if only they follow your path???

Ridiculous childish behavior.
Liam

Warwick, RI

#492143 Nov 16, 2013
Orville wrote:
N0thunin new here, Preston is the self ordained "preacher" of all preachers.
And adamant Catholics will join Preston in the Lake of Fire forever,
Wow. You are dying of cancer, right? I pray to God almighty that He will deliver you from your bondage of bigotry and ignorance before you meet Him.

Location hidden

#492144 Nov 16, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, since you are a minister, help me out. I was facing several yrs in prison and looked to the Lord for help. I don't need to get into details of my past, but I had a tendency to end up in jail throughout my teens and early twenties. But at this particular moment in jail, I knew I really messed up and was actually sorry for what I had done, I begged God in tears to help me....the Lord lifted me up beyond explainable words. The only thing I knew for sure at that point was that there was a God, and He is unimaginable love. I felt like I could cure a cripple by putting my hands on them. Seriously. This is my testimony before you and God. You still say I'm going to hell for not being born again?? Your pride won't allow you to acknowledge that a Catholic could fall under your category of born againism too.
But that wasn't my only encounter with God. I had one in Jr high that sticks out too.. Plus, I receive the Eucharist and continue to get graces that I can't describe. You don't understand the the last part .
Do not blame me because I found out your side lies and the cc side doesn't. The Bible developed over time Preston, THROUGH the sacred traditions of the Catholic Church. Do you understand that? They can't be separated.
clay, I am sorry that you were sorry that you got caught. however God is Homnorable and just, so much so, thatHe would NEVER send you into Catholicism. I know this for a fact, even if you wish to mock me for my knowledge of this very fact.

your very words indict you Clay, you don't have a clue about knowing Him and it shows.there is No Salvation in eating a piece of grain. get real! He isn't on a table, nor in a cup. He is in Heaven. see that, in Heaven.

so yeah, I will help you by telling you the Truth. when a person looks towards the Lord, he many times does reveal Himself to them in mysterious way and you can receive a euphoric feeling. that isn't Salvation, Clay.

Jer. 333 reveals my words much better than I can.

Call upon Me, and I shall reveal myself to you and show you great and mighty things that you know nothing about. I believe in feelings but feelings are NOT Salvation. Feeling comes after Salvation. I feel sad for you that you actually believe that catholicism is of God. God doesn't Force people to become Christians, as your church has done for centuries, He isn't in that clay, and I think maybe down deep, you know that, but don't want to accept it.

the old saying rings trues clay, the proof is in the pudding. you don't take cantalopes to make banana pudding, and you don't take force to make Christians. God makes Christians by using Love.

I can be nice and talk to you all day long but if you have your mind set that because I am a Born Again Believer and you are taught that my kind are nothing but liars(and you say that constantly), you will not find out that you are lost.

Is there a chance for you? the answer is obvious, Yes there is. a homeless man walked into a mission many years ago, fleeing from the law outside and a little old lady walked up and asked him to stay and here the Preacher. out of fright, the man stayed and that very night gave his life to the Lord. the mans name was Billy Styles, an outlaw that ran with Jesse James, one whose life was spared from that famous bank holdup. speaking of myself, I unlike gif, ran from the call of God in my life and I found out that I missed out on some good things in life because of sin.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#492145 Nov 16, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text> You have no idea what you are posting. Yes there are people who suffer great pain and never complain, these people are Saints . Saint Bernadette had what they called TB of the bones, probably bone cancer and never complained or told anyone of her affliction until she collapsed. Many people offer their pain up to Christ. I know these people are Saints. Maybe if people start offering themselves and the afflictions they have to Christ, the world would be a better place.
The is an old saying that goes something comparable to the following ... "The Catholic hierarchy preferred their saints to be long-time dead, so that no-one could prove that those they canonized as saints were simply human."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 24 Crazy 10,159
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... May '16 truth 54
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May '16 Bullet Proof Pope 1
More from around the web