Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650810 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#492065 Nov 15, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
HOGWASH!!---NO ONE in the Catholic Church is forcing ANYONE to join Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church!!! If non-catholics don't want to accept the TRUTH of the TRUE biblical teachings of the Church, they are "free" to go down the street to a Protestant Church where "each persons-personal opinion" is the final authority,(any one of the 42,100 denominations) in which their ministers and preachers will "tell them what they want to hear"! i.e abortion, gay marriage, embroyonic stem cell research, women ministers, euthenasia or whatever else comes along, depending on which way the "politically correct" (wind happens to blow)!!!
Rubbish!!!!

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

church: a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly..

It does not define any denomination....the Catholic denomination is the largest in the USA!!!!!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#492066 Nov 15, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, God calls the shots, some times they are hard for us to conceive the idea about children having sinned. They do.Tere is sin all around us too, this is why we go to confession frequently . We need to bring back nuns to teach things like Purgatory, I can see what the shortage of nuns has done. Children are around sin now more than ever .
wow, maybe children need Jesus too, He is for real and the only cure for sin,...you know?

Location hidden

#492067 Nov 15, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Limbo was never a Catholic teaching. It was/is a theory. It was permissible to accept or reject. Rose mentioned that nuns taught her it. That's probably true. I had nuns who taught me in grade school.(They were old school too). But they never mentioned Limbo to us (and I confirmed this with a childhood friend last week). We remember them saying that Jesus comes to get babies who were too young to sin and He takes them to Heaven.
You can't be that stupid!!!!!

The Pope ends state of limbo after 800 years - Telegraph
www.telegraph.co.uk › News › World News&#8206;
Apr 23, 2007 - Babies who die before being baptised will no longer be trapped in limbo following a decision by the Pope to abolish the concept from Roman ...

Vatican revises limbo view, hope for unbaptized babies ...- USA Today
usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/religion/2007-04... ;
Apr 20, 2007 - Pope Benedict XVI has reversed centuries of traditional Roman Catholic teaching on ... Vatican revises limbo view, hope for unbaptized babies ...
Pope Revises 'Limbo,' Says There Is Hope for Unbaptized Babies ...
www.foxnews.com/.../pope-revises-limbo-says-t... ;

Apr 20, 2007 - Pope Benedict XVI has revised traditional Roman Catholic teaching on so-called limbo, approving a church report released Friday that said ...
Pope Benedict XVI Changes Catholic Church's Stance on ...
voices.yahoo.com/pope-benedict-xvi-changes-ca... ;

Apr 20, 2007 - Pope Benedict XVI Changes Catholic Church's Stance on Unbaptized Babies and Limbo. Kathryn Thomas, Yahoo Contributor Network Apr 20 ...
Pope abolishes state of limbo | Metro News
metro.co.uk/2007/04/22/pope-ab olishes-state-of-limbo-312154/ &#8206;

Apr 22, 2007 - Pope Benedict abolishes limboThe 800-year-old concept of limbo, in which unbaptised babies who die are said to be stuck between Heaven ...
Popes on Limbo -- Four Contrary Papal Positions on Limbo
www.romancatholicism.org/jansenism/popes-limb... ;
[This is only a brief overview of what popes have said about Limbo.....“Babies dead without baptism go to Limbo, where they do not enjoy God, but neither do ...
Orville

Camas, WA

#492068 Nov 15, 2013
N0thunin new here, Preston is the self ordained "preacher" of all preachers.
And adamant Catholics will join Preston in the Lake of Fire forever,
truth

Pearsall, Australia

#492069 Nov 15, 2013
LAW NOT EXIST AS NEVER EXIST
YOU NOT CONVINCE ME IN ANYTHING
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOO

in this city nothing exist

Location hidden

#492070 Nov 15, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church often gets blasted for not defining every little inch of the faith. Then when they try to carefully, people take it and run. Look at the Eucharist....for centuries Christians were saying 'what is it, why is it that?.. Finally the protestants put their own definition to it: a symbol!
In order to save souls, the Church was forced to try and define the un-definable process of the Eucharist. The title of 'transubstantiation' was put on it in 1580. Protestants then put out leaflets: "Roman Catholic Church just invented the Eucharist"
Now I no I rambled off topic, but I think Limbo falls into the same category. People are always demanding the CC explain mysteries. And if you ask me, I think they do a pretty good job.
Catholics practice cannibalism!!!! They eat human flesh.....they drink blood!!!!!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#492071 Nov 15, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
wow, maybe children need Jesus too, He is for real and the only cure for sin,...you know?
even drug addicts like you need jesus

Location hidden

#492072 Nov 15, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Purgatory is a place where our sins are cleansed from our souls. no one can go to heaven without being cleansed. Some people do suffer here on earth enough to go straight to heaven, such as agonizing cancer . Children do have sins on their souls, we are born with original sin and only the Blessed Virgin was free from sin. Little children do sin and do go to Purgatory. Some are not responseble for their actions , such as very young children and the mentally handicapped, but even Saints go through Purgatory. Purgatory is not a bad thing, Rose, if you made Purgatory, you know you will see heaven at some time. We need to pray for the poor souls in Purgatory. In return they pray for us. there is a concept where some say Purgatory is something we travel through going to Heaven, going through fire, then seeing Heaven. I don't know where people get the idea that children won't go to Purgatory. We are taught how to confess our sins right before we receive First Communion. Chrildren are seven then and are aware of sin.
You are calling your pope a liar!!!! Ah love it!!!

Purgatory is a process, not a place, pope says | National Catholic ...
ncronline.org/news/vatican/purgatory-process-... ;
Jan 12, 2011 - VATICAN CITY -- Purgatory is like a purifying fire burning inside a person, a painful experience of regret for one's sins, Pope Benedict XVI said.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#492073 Nov 15, 2013
They don't know Jesus at all and His power to save one from sin.

not bragging but all three of our kids and there spouses were virgins at marriage.

All bragging goes to God and trusting in His Ways for a life of joy, for His promises are True.

I don't think most of you believe in His power.

Location hidden

#492074 Nov 15, 2013
Orville wrote:
old man, if I ever say something that isn't true call me on it, if not Shut up.

Location hidden

#492075 Nov 15, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Did you forget we are all born with original sin? We don't know where children go, we have never died and came back to say, you didn't read my posts or skipped over when i said babies are incapable of sinning after being born along with some developmentally disabled people. We hope those children go to Heaven right away. an if you are a parent, you know that children start getting an idea at two in what is right and what is wrong. I started talking about Jesus then and that Jesus wants him/her not to be naughty example: not to bite or hit. I think every parent does that. I have taken RCIA and we spent a few hours discussing Purgatory. My priest,a Msgr also said Pope Benedict never dismissed Limbo. We shouldn't squabble over who goes to Purgatory anyway, we should pray for the poor souls as much as we can. Rose misunderstood what Purgatory is and thought it was a bad place,many protestants do.
We are not born with sin...we are born with the ability to sin...a baby is not a sinner...

Sin: 1. Any thought, word, desire, action, or omission of action, contrary to the law of God, or defective when compared with it.

A infant cannot do that!!!!
truth

Pearsall, Australia

#492076 Nov 15, 2013
then
you need explain why
nothing exist

netrabunjaj=nepreidikuj

see
who coming first deciver and posessors
champenzi peneze and krkenzi
o really

i told you smuchi
monkey is sirious you know chim.paze pazi pazi

e told you
who is last will be first
god is first

my pain is gone yee i put lots of vineger on head neck and so on

yep

i have to have salce
on head
to much saliti see

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
see cloth on head is code aha secrets they don't flag or official symbols not staf or administration nothing at all
then
how you can win..its private belonging
peace of cloth can have anybody even poor people are not aware they something with value code

its written
don't judge

Location hidden

#492077 Nov 15, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>We are not abandoned by Christ in purgatory, so actually that doesn't say anything about children not going to Purgatory.
Purgatory is a process, not a place, pope says | National Catholic ...
ncronline.org/news/vatican/purgatory-process-... ;
Jan 12, 2011 - VATICAN CITY -- Purgatory is like a purifying fire burning inside a person, a painful experience of regret for one's sins, Pope Benedict XVI said.

Location hidden

#492078 Nov 15, 2013
Orville wrote:
in fact, old man, name me one thing that I am inconsistent on when it comes to what "thus saith the Lord".

one thing.

so I take it that you have been let out of the insane asylum again.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#492079 Nov 15, 2013
Orville wrote:
Hey dear brother how are you it is very good to see you:) God is the goodest!

Seems Preston don't believe in Jesus either...they have a two-faced ministry when it comes to Salvation, don't believe the Spirit of God will really take possession of a willing believing person, evidently.

I LOVE YOU Forever!:)
truth

Pearsall, Australia

#492080 Nov 15, 2013
you know
wisdoom from old people is most then well come
yee

when people stay in dispute
i listen mother who visiting two son..
some jelouse problem come between wifes
ye but god say
stay with your family each of you with your wife and your kids
no
mother of them say
ok
shut up
see word
all of you have your doors and your housee
in house of my father planty room
see
each haver door
shut up your door take your family thats all

now
be good
god know why is like that
Which mother don't liked sons or daughters?
Which son or daughter not liked parents?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#492081 Nov 15, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
What is blaspheming the,HOLY Spirit exactly ...serious,question.
----------
It is denying His position and rejecting the message He brings to our hearts. Jesus said that one could not come to Him except the Spirit (Holy Spirit) draws him. When one rejects the invitation of the Spirit, he/she has no other way to God.
KayMarie
That's,what I thought ..

It's,not that after one accepts,Christ ...they do ignoring the SPIRIT ..But then repent ...at the leading of the SPIRIT ..I'm assuming if E is,still pricking your conscience ..he is,still present in your life .

Isn't it true even after salvation..born again folks,stray like the,Prodigal ...And,God gives them what they call brokenness,to bring them back ...like the,Prodigal was,broken..
I was,reading a,book on it . But it was confusing ..But I'm pretty sure they were,talking about born again people who were,straying off ...But had NOT lost Faith..nor denied JESUS as,God???

Which is,different than being Called by the,HOLY Spirit to BE born again .

Some of these,books,are,difficult ...

Location hidden

#492082 Nov 15, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dear brother how are you it is very good to see you:) God is the goodest!
Seems Preston don't believe in Jesus either...they have a two-faced ministry when it comes to Salvation, don't believe the Spirit of God will really take possession of a willing believing person, evidently.
I LOVE YOU Forever!:)
lol, you gotta be high if You didn't understand what I said to Clay which is that it is Jesus Christ that Saves not the Holy Ghost and as a preacher, I can say that a person gets saved when the Spirit draws them, but the spirit does not Save, a relationship that druggies don't know, just like clay.

you are a pathetic person and I feel sorry for your husband to have a mate like you.

Location hidden

#492083 Nov 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>No, I don't. I am standing firm on the Rock of Ages, which is Jesus Christ, but ALL catholics are treading on quicksand with no hope of rescue.
again, God placed Himself in the womb of Mary, He never relinquish the Antemortal Godship of Christ, He was God before Mary and He always was. to bad that you are to ignorant to understand that. but we shouldn't expect intelligence from a troll who is to scared to use their own nick.
And you have the gall to say you are a mam called of God!!!!

Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Location hidden

#492084 Nov 15, 2013
oops!!!

And you have the gall to say you are a man called of God!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web