Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692153 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#492035 Nov 15, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you!(Geez, and I thought you guys were bad, lol...holy cow!!)
What you said was exactly what my priest said when I asked him about my daughter. Exactly!
HuskerDu

Falls City, NE

#492036 Nov 15, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The nun that I remember anyway, said that Jesus will come to bring the unbaptized infant to Heaven. Was she in error?
Now, I said earlier it was 'nuns' plural. But really- from what we remember- it was our 6th grade nun, Just one, who was allot younger than the other 5 or 6 older ones. But they all lived together, so I assumed they were all on the same page on this.
Actually the whole thing is Christ is always with us. Even when a baby. I am sure the aborted babies are sitting on His lap. Pope Francis has been stressing we are all sinners. To think this isn't true is a sin in itself. We are all imperfect, we are all with sin even babies.

Location hidden

#492037 Nov 15, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>No one is perfect, born without sin except the Blessed Mother Mary. You are misinforming many by saying little children do not sin, they do, we are surrounded by sinful things, deeds etc. Every practicing Catholic who has a child has taught the child about sin in a way that they would understand. Children start going to confession at a very early age. I still have the little instruction book we used in primary grades explaining sin, purgatory etc. I believe what my priest says, what Benedict says about purgatory. If you could understand this, then you wouldn't be making such a big deal about babies . there is no need to.
Talking about babies! Infants!
HuskerDu

Falls City, NE

#492038 Nov 15, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="HuskerDu" <quoted text>I was taught only the perfect, the most pure can go to heaven after death. Many priests say that a cancer patient has gone through enough , has gone through the fire and goes straight to heaven, but we can't know this, this is Christ's mysteries . We all sin we are surrounded by sin, it would be very difficult for one to be born with original sin and go to heaven when we are stained with sin. Purgatory is not a bad thing. Its a place for cleansing.
----------
If those who suffer great pain (go thru the fire) go straight to heaven, a lot of very mean people will be there...
KM
Why would you equate mean people with pain? My dad suffered with cancer on and off for four years. The worst was when he was terminal, he suffered great but was never mean. We are adults and to say what you posted is very ignorant.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#492039 Nov 15, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The odd thing is, Preston, is that you offer no alternative scenario. You guys simply mumble 'Bible Bible Bible. Word of God Word of God'
Yet, you completely ignore the fact that the Holy Bible was developed. It wasn't created out of thin error!
How was it complied?
You are forced to admit it was the hierarchy of the CC that sat down and decided on the books to be included.
But you say they 'fell astray from the Bible'. Now you are forced to admit that Jesus was either a liar or his apostles didn't document it correctly when He said, "The gates of hell shall not prevail against it". Many fanatics think they found a way around this by re -defining what 'Church' means. In the end, it'll be your words in front of Jesus.
sorry clay but Christians do offer an alternative to cult members such as yourself. IT IS CALLED THE TRUTH THAT ONLY COMES FROM THE BIBLE
Liam

Detroit, MI

#492040 Nov 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thankfully we all agree GOD us merciful .
Jesus,said,Let the Children come to Me .
Very nice ..really
I would extend that to people other than children. For example, Muslims, Jews and indigenous tribes. IF they've never heard about Jesus or Baptism, then we have to trust in the infinite love and mercy of God. There is no other way around it if we as Christians are going to call God Love.
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#492041 Nov 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>after centuries of being led by false cults like Catholicism, people grew up.
People grew up?
Please explain.
Are you endorsing secular moralism?
Are you pushing fifty shades of grey?
Are you selling progressive atheism?

Sounds more to me you're ignorantly blurting an unfounded epithet trying to sound intelligent, but intellectually, you never 'grew up'.

Don't worry, attaplowboy, God even loves the stupid.
Just ask a priest, you might learn something.

Location hidden

#492042 Nov 15, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text> Why would you equate mean people with pain? My dad suffered with cancer on and off for four years. The worst was when he was terminal, he suffered great but was never mean. We are adults and to say what you posted is very ignorant.
Not all people who have cancer are like your dad. There are many many people with cancer who are mean as a rattle snake. And just because they suffer from a terminal illness doe not give the a free ride into Heaven. I know this is not your Churches teaching
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#492043 Nov 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry clay but Christians do offer an alternative to cult members such as yourself. IT IS CALLED THE TRUTH THAT ONLY COMES FROM THE BIBLE
Well thank The Catholic Church for publishing, preserving and protecting that Bible.
Otherwise you would have no truth, billy-boy.

The Catholic Church, The Church That Jesus Built™.

Location hidden

#492044 Nov 15, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>No one is perfect, born without sin except the Blessed Mother Mary. You are misinforming many by saying little children do not sin, they do, we are surrounded by sinful things, deeds etc. Every practicing Catholic who has a child has taught the child about sin in a way that they would understand. Children start going to confession at a very early age. I still have the little instruction book we used in primary grades explaining sin, purgatory etc. I believe what my priest says, what Benedict says about purgatory. If you could understand this, then you wouldn't be making such a big deal about babies . there is no need to.
Mary Perfect? lol, she was just like the rest of us. or some of us. she needed a Savior. under the Law, she offered a sin offering just like others did when they came of the temple.

Mary wasn't Perfect, she was human. Jesus and Him only was Perfect.
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#492046 Nov 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Mary Perfect? lol, she was just like the rest of us. or some of us. she needed a Savior. under the Law, she offered a sin offering just like others did when they came of the temple.
Mary wasn't Perfect, she was human. Jesus and Him only was Perfect.
Are you asserting Jesus was born of a sinful woman?
Are you so bold to claim Jesus was born in sin?

"Amen, I say to you, all sins and all blasphemies that people utter will be forgiven them.

But whoever blasphemes against the holy Spirit will never have forgiveness, but is guilty of an everlasting sin.”

For they had said,“He has an unclean spirit.”
Mark 3: 28-30

You tread on thin ice, preston.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#492047 Nov 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry clay but Christians do offer an alternative to cult members such as yourself. IT IS CALLED THE TRUTH THAT ONLY COMES FROM THE BIBLE
I understand your passion for the holy scriptures. But you can't ignore that they were developed, not created out of thin air. That seems to be what fundamentalist seem to believe..the Bible just appeared.
I'm sorry you believe I'm in a cult, going to hell and not born again.
I've only recently revealed my terrible past. I just don't know what other criteria you demand for me to be born again. I met the Holy Spirit in a jail cell. It wasn't exactly the first time I met him, but obviously it was a profound time given my situation. I reluctantly stayed Catholic because men like you failed as ministers to represent truth. In short, you lied. You continue to lie too, every time you preach that Jesus taught sola scripture and 'the Book of Revelation says the harlot and Whore are the Catholic Churches'.., you lie. I can't force deceit and ignorance upon myself to accept your brand of the gospel.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#492048 Nov 15, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
"Amen, I say to you, all sins and all blasphemies that people utter will be forgiven them.
But whoever blasphemes against the holy Spirit will never have forgiveness, but is guilty of an everlasting sin.”
What is blaspheming the,HOLY Spirit exactly ...serious,question.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#492049 Nov 15, 2013
who="HuskerDu" <quoted text> Why would you equate mean people with pain? My dad suffered with cancer on and off for four years. The worst was when he was terminal, he suffered great but was never mean. We are adults and to say what you posted is very ignorant.

----------

Apparently you have difficulty with reading. I did NOT say that all people who suffer pain are mean. Many good people suffer terribly.
The writer seemed to be saying that the person who has suffered has 'paid for their sin', and will go immediately to heaven.

We will not be judged by the pain we suffer...nor will that pain 'pay for' sin.

KayMarie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#492050 Nov 15, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was,rejecting belief in Jesus ...hardening ones,heart into rejection of GOD ..nothing to do with Mary

Location hidden

#492051 Nov 15, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thank The Catholic Church for publishing, preserving and protecting that Bible.
lol, the catholic church should confess the sins of their past leaders. God will remember their sins, since even today, there is no remorse over the sins it has committed.

however if it would confess then god would remember their sins no more.

will that happen, of course not, God knows that it will be as evil as it always has been, which is WHY Jesus will destroy it and all those who belong to it.

that Bible that you think that your cult produced ,is very plain about it being destroyed by Jesus

#492052 Nov 15, 2013
who="Cisco Kid" <quoted text>

----------
You mean the church that in 1229 forbade people from owning a Bible?
The church that condemned Wycliffe (Bible translator) of over 260 counts of heresy 31 years after his death, dug up his bones, burned them and scattered them on the Swift River?
The church that in 1536 strangled Tyndale (another Bible translator), then burned him at the stake?

Jesus built THAT 'church'???

KayMarie

Location hidden

#492053 Nov 15, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your passion for the holy scriptures. But you can't ignore that they were developed, not created out of thin air. That seems to be what fundamentalist seem to believe..the Bible just appeared.
I'm sorry you believe I'm in a cult, going to hell and not born again.
I've only recently revealed my terrible past. I just don't know what other criteria you demand for me to be born again. I met the Holy Spirit in a jail cell. It wasn't exactly the first time I met him, but obviously it was a profound time given my situation. I reluctantly stayed Catholic because men like you failed as ministers to represent truth. In short, you lied. You continue to lie too, every time you preach that Jesus taught sola scripture and 'the Book of Revelation says the harlot and Whore are the Catholic Churches'.., you lie. I can't force deceit and ignorance upon myself to accept your brand of the gospel.
sorry Sera but this needs to be said.

Clay you are a stupid idiot to claim that Ministers are liars. for SEVERAL YEARS, I have challenged you or anyone else to give me ONE incident that I have lied about, while I have caught you several times lying, and forced you into taking water. I for one don't care about your past, and look at your words. Any person that Is Born Again knows that you didn't find Salvation. to Help you out, it is Jesus that Saves, not the Holy Ghost. You don't even know what you are talking about and EVERY Christians knows when they get Saved. you are clueless and ignorant, and that is being nice to you.

AGAIN, IT IS JESUS THAT SAVES, IT IS JESUS THAT DIED, NOT THE HOLY GHOST.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#492054 Nov 15, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="HuskerDu" <quoted text> Why would you equate mean people with pain? My dad suffered with cancer on and off for four years. The worst was when he was terminal, he suffered great but was never mean. We are adults and to say what you posted is very ignorant.
----------
Apparently you have difficulty with reading. I did NOT say that all people who suffer pain are mean. Many good people suffer terribly.
The writer seemed to be saying that the person who has suffered has 'paid for their sin', and will go immediately to heaven.
We will not be judged by the pain we suffer...nor will that pain 'pay for' sin.
KayMarie
What is,blasphemous the,HOLY Spirit ..which is,the,worst sin..
Not listening o Him.or our conscience ....or totally rejecting Jesus,.

I heard,someplace that this,sin only applies to folks,who lived in Jesus,time ...?? And rejected Him..

#492055 Nov 15, 2013
who="Cisco Kid" <quoted text>

----------

When will you learn that had God birthed one woman without sin, He could have birthed everyone that way, and spared His Son from suffering?

Jesus was born of the flesh. This is why/how He could suffer as He did for us. He did not hang on the cross with no pain. His body was subject to pain and death just as ours is.

He overcame pain and death to prove to us that God has prepared eternal life for us, if we will overcome in His name.

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... Dec 12 Frindly 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 4 Mr Sir 10,694
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov 27 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov '17 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov '17 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct '17 The Bible Student 1
More from around the web