Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603437 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#491706 Nov 14, 2013
Blathering idiocy!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred objects … by Barbara G. Walker.

Ark

Even pious scholars have boggled at the myth of Noah’s ark because of its sheer absurdity. Excluding species that can live in fresh or salt water, the ark would have had to house 7000 species of worms, 80,000 species of mollusks, 30,000 species of crustaceans, 50,000 species of arachnids, 900,000 species of insects, 2,500 species of amphibians, 6,000 species of reptiles, 8,600 species of birds, and 3,500 species of mammals, plus food for one and all. The only vessel truly capable of holding all this is Spaceship Earth.

Prince George, Canada

#491707 Nov 14, 2013
Readers of the old testament KNOW that there was no mention of a Jesus-savior coming to earth to save only Christians.

That nonsensical theology ERUPTED when break-away Jews had a strong desire and AIM to rule the religious kingdom of earth, making the mythical Jesus their "MASK-GOT." >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

mascot

noun

noun: mascot; plural noun: mascots

a person or thing that is supposed to bring good luck, especially one linked to a particular organization or event.

https://www.google.ca/#q=mascot+definition

Prince George, Canada

#491708 Nov 14, 2013
The Jews that had faith in the old testament that Jehovah would never turn away from them, tried over and over to argue the point with the Christians ... but their pleas were all in vain.

The Christians wanted to steal the emotions of the god of the Jews for their own PLEASURES ... and so it came to pass.

And that is why the majority of Christians will NOT bow to a god with the name Jehovah.

The Christians ought to know, that "within credible theology" ... they stole what did not, and DOES NOT, belong to them.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#491709 Nov 14, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope - I don't pick and choose - I use context of what is written.
You can back-peddle all you want, it makes no matter to me.
"I don't see us verifying God until He shows His power to all, which it is written in countless manuscripts that this event is to come."
- One would think "God" must be waiting for something that is really "bad" in order to "come again", huh?
I guess 250,000 people dying is just a drop in the bucket for "God", huh?
You are disillusioned in what you think, because you choose to avoid and utilize facts.
You are probably Catholic, huh?
U missed the point....but anyway I don't belong to a group. I believe in God as revealed to us in scriptures. But I've learned that some have been distorted and I'm seeking to understand what I can about our creator and His will for us to live here and the hereafter. I'll be a fool to just dismiss what has been already revealed just because I lack understanding of it. It's alot to sift through when it comes to the corruption of the scriptures as we try to unfold the truth. But people like U have given up on seeking for the truth and then have the audacity to claim to have it.

Memphis, TN

#491711 Nov 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that people in religion that have extreme emotional highs (hypnosis) from faith that they are special to a god or goddess, take that as being in contact WITH the god or goddess ... which to me is plain silly.
I suggest it's not a good plan to get too carried away with your self as being "ALL-THAT" important.
People do act like that and I'm not condoning either. Folks who feel that God is in their lives feel happier and also feel more important, as if they were meant to achieve something in this world that fulfills a purpose. Their lives (to them) are more meaningful and therefore some WILL get the "big head" as if their presence here supercedes yours. Yea, religious people get like that. But it is no different from a wealthy individual that has that very same show of emotion about his money which may have the equivalence of worth to him as God's worth is to a less than privileged individual.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#491712 Nov 14, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Can words such as Orthodox, Jew, or Catholic really express some sort of exclusive personal virtues or merits?
Anton Pavlovich Chekhov
Anton Pavlovich Chekhov (1860–1904), Russian author, playwright.
Amen ..wise man ...

Memphis, TN

#491713 Nov 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Within the ignorance of theology, how could Catholics, Muslims and Protestants be SO dumb as to believe that a god created by the Jews would shape-shift his emotions over to them, just because they said it was so???
I suggest that there is no hope for humanity!
Dumb is as dumb is, and we might as well face that fact.
I wouldn't be SOOO insulting and abrasive as to call them dumb like U have the absolute truth about what they follow and how they follow!!! But in a sense according to the Bible, U're correct because the Jews were and are the chosen people. It's written and repeated throughout the Bible and I haven't run across any other people whom God is said to favor more than these Israelite-Jews according to scripture. So I've been wondering too about how everybody else claim to be, U know, "special". With exception to Muslims most religious orders have ventured way far from traditional worship of God....from the chosen people perspective.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#491714 Nov 14, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Why them sneaky little ancient Christians.
Next thing you know, you'll be telling me they were lying about Peter being crucified upside down!
LOL!
That could have happened.
However....
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and proof.
One shouldn't make such claims knowing that there is no base in it though, lest they be considered a deceiver...and having brought that title and stigma upon themselves.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#491715 Nov 14, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>U missed the point....but anyway I don't belong to a group. I believe in God as revealed to us in scriptures. But I've learned that some have been distorted and I'm seeking to understand what I can about our creator and His will for us to live here and the hereafter. I'll be a fool to just dismiss what has been already revealed just because I lack understanding of it. It's alot to sift through when it comes to the corruption of the scriptures as we try to unfold the truth. But people like U have given up on seeking for the truth and then have the audacity to claim to have it.
Nick wrote a beautiful post about theology telling About His Faith .

But his Faith consisted of falling in Love with the Lord .Jesus
That We are not required to be all knowing or understand everything about GOD ...

I ask who am I that He loved me THAT MUCH ..enough to suffer for me so horribly ..physically and spiritually by taking on our sin ..

The rest is religion ...ritual ...And they can comfort US ..but without
FAITH and that love ...the ritual is,empty in my opinion .

And only God will sort out the differences ...

Location hidden

#491716 Nov 14, 2013
Can words such as Orthodox, Jew, or Catholic really express some sort of exclusive personal virtues or merits?
Anton Pavlovich Chekhov
Anton Pavlovich Chekhov (1860–1904), Russian author, playwright.
or...should they?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#491717 Nov 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred objects … by Barbara G. Walker.
St. Peter’s Cross
For almost two thousand years, the Roman church “infallibly” taught that its alleged founder, Saint Peter, was crucified in Rome on a cross that was turned upside down at his own request. Therefore, Saint Peter’s emblem became a Latin cross upside down. However, modern Catholic scholars now admit that this crucifixion story is “very uncertain,” which is the modern Catholic scholar’s expression for any of the church’s long-held tenets that turn out to be simply untrue.
==========

Col. Kurtz,
Not an infallible teaching.Please radio Ms Walker
Chess

Columbus, OH

#491718 Nov 14, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
That could have happened.
However....
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and proof.
One shouldn't make such claims knowing that there is no base in it though, lest they be considered a deceiver...and having brought that title and stigma upon themselves.
Both stories are relayed in the apocryphal Acts of Peter, shortly after the author has a talking dog passing messages between Peter and Simon.

In hindsight, the talking dog should have alerted me that caution was in order.

Location hidden

#491719 Nov 14, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Both stories are relayed in the apocryphal Acts of Peter, shortly after the author has a talking dog passing messages between Peter and Simon.
In hindsight, the talking dog should have alerted me that caution was in order.
Truly.
The writings of Clement are totally misrepresented also, as pertaining to any of those events....and the words in Acts are mistranslated giving false credence to the supposition.
It just is what it is.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#491720 Nov 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The Jews that had faith in the old testament that Jehovah would never turn away from them...Oh my goodness! Excuse me,I think my blatter let go agian...yes,I soiled myself!
eeewwwww!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#491721 Nov 14, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Nick wrote a beautiful post about theology telling About His Faith .
But his Faith consisted of falling in Love with the Lord .Jesus
That We are not required to be all knowing or understand everything about GOD ...
I ask who am I that He loved me THAT MUCH ..enough to suffer for me so horribly ..physically and spiritually by taking on our sin ..
The rest is religion ...ritual ...And they can comfort US ..but without
FAITH and that love ...the ritual is,empty in my opinion .
And only God will sort out the differences ...
Rose. Thank you for your kind words.I know that you are aware. But I want to make sure that others know I cant take credit fot the words themselves. It comes from this site:
http://dust2doxology.wordpress.com/2012/07/06...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#491722 Nov 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
When did the Church established by Jesus Christ get the name Catholic?
Christ left the adoption of a name for His Church to those whom he commissioned to teach all nations. Christ called the spiritual society He established, "My Church" (Mt. xvi, 18), "the Church" (Mt. xviii, 17).
In order to have a distinction between the Church and the Synagogue and to have a distinguishing name from those embracing Judaic and Gnostic errors we find St. Ignatius (50-107 AD) using the Greek word "Katholicos" (universal) to describe the universality of the Church established by Christ. St. Ignatius was appointed Bishop of Antioch by St. Peter, the Bishop of Rome. It is in his writings that we find the word Catholic used for the first time. St. Augustine, when speaking about the Church of Christ, calls it the Catholic Church 240 times in his writings.
St. Ignatius of Antioch, disciple of the Apostle John, concerning the heretics of his day wrote: "They have abstained from the Eucharist and prayer, because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of Our Savior Jesus Christ."
St. Justin Martyr, another Church Father of the second century wrote: "This food is known among us as the Eucharist... We do not receive these things as common bread and common drink; but as Jesus Christ our Savior, being made flesh by the Word of God."
"Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has life everlasting and I will raise Him up on the last day. For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed" (John 6:54-56) "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?" they argued.(John 6:53) "And whilst they were at supper, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke: and gave to his disciples, and said: Take ye, and eat. THIS IS MY BODY. And taking the chalice, he gave thanks, and gave to them, saying: Drink ye all of this. FOR THIS IS MY BLOOD." (cf. Matt. 26:26-28; Mark 14:22-24; Luke 22:19-20).
In the most unequivocal language the Apostles affirmed that the bread and wine duly consecrated on the altar did in fact become the actual Substance of the Savior. Declared the Apostle Paul: "The chalice of benediction which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? And the bread which we break, is it not the partaking of the body of the Lord?" (1 Cor. 10:16)
....Receive ye the Holy Ghost. Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained." (John 20:19-23). "Amen I say to you, whatsoever you shall bind upon earth, shall be bound also in heaven; and whatsoever you shall loose upon earth, shall be loosed also in heaven." (Matt. 18:18) "Take heed to yourselves, and to the whole flock, wherein the Holy Ghost hath placed you bishops, to rule the church of God ..." (Acts. 20:28) "And when they had ordained to them priests in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, in whom they believed." (Acts 14:22). " He that heareth you, heareth me; and he that despiseth you, despiseth me; and he that despiseth me, despiseth Him that sent me." - Luke 10:16
Catholic Church is the church most united in Christ. The spectacle of one billion Catholics, three-fifths of all professed Christians, perfectly, indomitably united in belief, in organization, and in worship - the historical fact that Catholics, consistently the largest body of Christians in the world, have always been thus perfectly united - was evidence nobody can not ignore. Here is the unity of Bible prophecy - nowhere else on the Christian scene was there a unity nearly so compact, nearly so long-lived. Nowhere else on the Christian scene was there a unity so obviously permanent.
HOJO says.......using the Greek word "Katholicos"

Michael says......so! instead of calling yourself catholic you are changing it to Katholicos now??(lol)
truth

Perth, Australia

#491723 Nov 14, 2013
Why people act as animals?

Why animation of power coming from animals?

Why people liked fly as birds?

Why Abraham need blessing?
Did lazo as laziti on knee coming from snake?

Why every baby lazy on knee as snake?
Which animals walk straight on lags?
cow horse lamb goat..Why human not?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#491724 Nov 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Rose. Thank you for your kind words.I know that you are aware. But I want to make sure that others know I cant take credit fot the words themselves. It comes from this site:
http://dust2doxology.wordpress.com/2012/07/06...
Kind,? Me,..oh dear,.not what I heard....well ok ..

Seriuosly that was still beAutiful.to bring it to us,
truth

Perth, Australia

#491725 Nov 14, 2013
Why you need be independent?

How someone describe independent person..straight confident positive believer know what wants ..savior and so on.

Which biggest beneficiary coming from minded independent person or groups?

What scripture say I am within you or i am group and with group stay within you.

What so ever you have on then will be lost or destroy.

Who say I can created within 3 days what so ever
I need?
Independent person or group.

Who is that Savior?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491726 Nov 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Common-sense theology would write and preach words such as "Jehovah commanded 'No son of mine would be working in Catholic confessionals, OR in any of those Protestant churches. He would be preaching ONLY Judaism.'"
:)
I agree. Even as a historian I have to dig through the propaganda and legends to find the truth on matters completely secular.
I treat religious documents no differently.

I am convinced that a real "Jesus" lived and died in the 1st Cent. Levant. I have researched this person carefully as well as Judaism of his period. I have a come up with a reasonable recreation of his life and teachings and "believe" it to be far more accurate than any previous historical or religious reconstruction to date.

I see no need, within the various Jewish beliefs of the time, to even consider any of the Modern Christian beliefs to be accurate nor true. Jesus lived and died a Jew, his life correlates uncannily to Levitical atonement rituals and would lend weight to a belief that Jesus was the salvation for mankind (one that on a 'superstitious' level that I do not defend (nor can explain) I actually BELIEVE to be true. I could propose many psychological based defenses for my beliefs but it would simply be deceitfull apologetics. I am so offended by the "Lying for my beliefs" that so many Christians do that I refuse to do the same.

I won't argue beliefs. I will discuss history, documents and translations there of all day long.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 38 min Mr_SKY 84,422
News Pope eases church rule on abortion forgiveness 1 hr Redeemed 13
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Mon 3Way4me 9,681
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Aug 30 Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
More from around the web