Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,723)

Showing posts 474,441 - 474,460 of530,035
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
All of the ancient religions were based on the idea that the gods were out to harm humans, not only on earth, but their "souls" in afterlives.
What kind of faith "IS" that to have in a creator?
I don't believe that if a creator existed that it WOULD be cruel.
That (in big part) is why religion made no sense to me.
Nature is cruel ... but NOT by intention.
Nature can not be measured by human standards of right/wrong, good/bad. It IS. Myths are often used to either reinforce this truth.. or to bury it under lies.

Spinoza makes much sense when he equates God to Nature.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. And if you read Genesis in Hebrew you would realize that humans and animals are created identically and both are 'nephesh'(In English "Souls") which means "living thing".
The "Essence of God" is the "Essence of Life". When you stop breathing, you stop living and the breath returns to God as the body returns to the Earth.
BTW, what your English translates as Breath and Spirit is more truthfully translated as "essence" from the Hebrew.
In the New Testament

SOUL DEFINED IN GREEK

G5590
&#968;&#965;&#967; &#951;&#769;
psuche&#772;
psoo-khay'
From G5594; breath, that is,(by implication) spirit, abstractly or concretely (the animal sentient principle only; thus distinguished on the one hand from G4151, which is the rational and immortal soul; and on the other from G2222, which is mere vitality, even of plants: these terms thus exactly correspond respectively to the Hebrew [H5315],[H7307] and [H2416]:- heart (+-ily), life, mind, soul,+ us,+ you.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
All of the ancient religions were based on the idea that the gods were out to harm humans, not only on earth, but their "souls" in afterlives.
What kind of faith "IS" that to have in a creator?
I don't believe that if a creator existed that it WOULD be cruel.
That (in big part) is why religion made no sense to me.
Nature is cruel ... but NOT by intention.
AFTER GENESIS (GOD'S CREATION)

THE DEVIL HAS ATTEMPTED TO PREEMPT GOD..AND HE HAS USED THOSE SUCH AS YOUR SELF to do so..

if there were no genesis...

(G1078

&#947;&#949;&#769; &#957;&#949;&#963; &#953;&#962;
genesis
ghen'-es-is
From the same as G1074; nativity; figuratively nature:- generation, nature (-ral).)

there would be no human beings to attempt to discredit GOD...upstage or copy him...

ONLY THE DEVIL ...THAT IS GOD'S ENEMY.and yours..THAT YOU HAVE SIDED

WITH., to you own destruction.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nature can not be measured by human standards of right/wrong, good/bad. It IS. Myths are often used to either reinforce this truth.. or to bury it under lies.
I agree, all gods are myths...

except my one true God, FSM, for whom exists more poof of His existence than does proof that Australia exists.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>U like to pick and choose, I see. Really, "damn near" means what it means. I don't have to verify some things like whether night will come or that plants will grow. It always does so there's no proof needed. About God, I stated that this is my own belief...can't get any more honest than that, say mate?!? I don't see us verifying God until He shows His power to all, which it is written in countless manuscripts that this event is to come.
Nope - I don't pick and choose - I use context of what is written.

You can back-peddle all you want, it makes no matter to me.

"I don't see us verifying God until He shows His power to all, which it is written in countless manuscripts that this event is to come."
- One would think "God" must be waiting for something that is really "bad" in order to "come again", huh?

I guess 250,000 people dying is just a drop in the bucket for "God", huh?

You are disillusioned in what you think, because you choose to avoid and utilize facts.

You are probably Catholic, huh?

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Child of a Jew ... "When did the Christians in sinuate that Jehovah favored them?

Rabbi ... "When the Christian theologians first in sinuated that a son of Jehovah came to earth to favor ONLY the Christians."

Child ... "Why did those theologians LIE?"

Rabbi ... "They had a desire to start a new religion totally foreign to Judaism."

Child ... "Will Jehovah forgive them for their lies?"

Rabbi ... "I don't know."
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
how does an atheist determine what is good and bad?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, all gods are myths...
except my one true God, FSM, for whom exists more poof of His existence than does proof that Australia exists.
There's just nothing compares to creating one's own theology.

WHAT A HIGH!!!

:)

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest it is simple.

Those in religion that claim to know truth, are lying.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
how does an atheist determine what is good and bad?
Religion is bad. Admitting that one does not know the answers to what remains in mystery ... is good.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

who="DeAngelo of Memphis" <quoted text>Actually it was Roman Catholicism which began after Jesus' death but he was a Jew throughout his ministry. The Romans took advantage of his image because to the people he died a hero. So they made his image unto God but Jesus himself did not establish a new religion as these brain-washed Catholics have been taught to believe. Christianity didn't began until people broke away from the Catholic church because pagan rituals were brought into the practice, in which the rebels were called Protestants.

----------
De: Mostly you are right, but we need a note here. Christianity has ALWAYS been, as God promised the Christ from the very beginning.
See it? Christ +-ian (like) is the foundation of Christianity.

Rome 'robbed' the movement some 300 + years after Jesus came.

Martin Luther was far from being the first Protestant. It can be fatal to disagree with 'religious' people's, and be thought a heretic. At least one Protestant group was completely wiped out.

KayMarie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

who="HuskerDu" <quoted text>Oooh, forgot to tell you, Topix pulled chickey's threatening posts that shown what she said to me. And others who read this, it was pretty nasty to make someone post back the way I did. Also she was banned and not I. And yes you did do things personal to me, you threatened me with sending my posts to someone. But that person knew what was going on and said nothing was delivered.

----------
Do you own Topix?

KM

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>I would think that it's logical that we would be accountable for our overall actions and intent throughout our lives, the very same as we are accountable to man in our own system of laws. What about actions that aren't seen by others? What about the heart's intent which can't be proven by man just based on their word. But that's just me! Think about this hypothetical...your mom was brutally murdered and the perp was caught. Due to a technicality he was aquitted and walks free proud of his actions. Now I hope this scenario isn't offensive but it was intended for one to search their own feelings about accountabilty and the hopes that one day those that did wrong will have to answer before a higher power, which many manuscripts suggest. And another note, "self" is the same as that deep down personal relationship with this higher power...something that can be felt individually and can't be scientifically verified as science can't calculate emotional energies. I believe that for anyone to ask for proof would be ignorant (ignoring the facts).
I suggest that people in religion that have extreme emotional highs (hypnosis) from faith that they are special to a god or goddess, take that as being in contact WITH the god or goddess ... which to me is plain silly.

I suggest it's not a good plan to get too carried away with your self as being "ALL-THAT" important.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
Martin Luther was far from being the first Protestant. It can be fatal to disagree with 'religious' people's, and be thought a heretic. At least one Protestant group was completely wiped out.
KayMarie
Protestant groups that first came to America were intent on wiping each other out ... until the supposed founding fathers at least in theory separated government from religion.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Martin Luther was extremely anti-Semitic AND anti-pope AND anti-Islam, and anti-all other religions, AND anti-atheism.

He was a horny old bugger that wanted to marry a nun, and so he indicated that the Jews AND the Catholics, AND the Muslims had got all that Abrahamic literature wrong and that dear old precious Martin had been blessed with Jehovah's one and only truth.

Stupid people!

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how you POST just like Ladi. What you posted is a bunch of bull cr*p. Yes it is. I don't have the time like you have to post so much or even to read what's going on. You complain about me just like the pro aboerts do, you think I am the only one who says things that hurts others. You of all people, yes you ladi said my parish priest molested my son. YES YOU DID. The post was taken down, I reported it , so did others. YOU put my parish priest's picture up. And yes, the Chancellor's office complained about it. YOU of all people had an abortion and wasn't sorry for it, right Ladi? You yourself laughed about it, so how the hell did one cry about others posting the name of the poor bay that was butchered? You told me to die, that I should walk in front of a mack truck, you stalked me, yes you did and not just me. You laughed at someone who almost died. Then of all things you go on as a woman named rose who has problems typing, but you type very well when you want to get a nasty message posted about another. I don't trust anyone on Topix because many people are on with multiple names. No one should trust,make friends with anyone on Topix forums. Oh, and yes i was banned for posting bible passages, you pro aborts ganged up on me and another poster. You can deny that you are ladi til the cows come home, but your posts show you are , ladi posted in a style all her own, used certain words just like you do. I don't believe your little naivete act either. I and others always wondered why you became fast friends with the pro aborts. It sure isn't because you were *Christian and pro life*.
Every last word

SLANDER AND LIBELOUS,.

I'M.not Ladi AGAIN FOR THE RECORD

I doubt she did any such thing..And by the way Topix knows what state we are in by our IP...SO THEY know I'm.not her ..for the record

I've told you before ..But you will not listen .
And now this one is MOST Serious..as it's untrue ..LIES,..SLANDER

I HAVe FOR THE 20th time ...so there is a record here again ..

Never had an abortion ...that's a,lie ..

.no.idea,about your priest ..except what YOU SAID about Him...

no idea about your Church except it's,Catholic ..

. I'm sure,at some point in 5 years you have read the TOPix Terms of Service ..

Why you have chosen me 9 months ago ...to harass,..I have no idea except you do not agree with me .

I'm.not leaving this thread....live with it ...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
Do you own Topix?
KM
Jehovah owns Topix.

J.G.... as in Jehovah-GOD!

:)

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Within the ignorance of theology, how could Catholics, Muslims and Protestants be SO dumb as to believe that a god created by the Jews would shape-shift his emotions over to them, just because they said it was so???

I suggest that there is no hope for humanity!

Dumb is as dumb is, and we might as well face that fact.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is bad. Admitting that one does not know the answers to what remains in mystery ... is good.
religion is bad. unfortunately you think religion is the same as Christianity. typical atheist.

If you thing certain things are bad, what do you base it on. Cause you said so??

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Oooh, forgot to tell you, Topix pulled chickey's threatening posts that shown what she said to me. And others who read this, it was pretty nasty to make someone post back the way I did. Also she was banned and not I. And yes you did do things personal to me, you threatened me with sending my posts to someone. But that person knew what was going on and said nothing was delivered.
Hate to break this,to you ..I neither post to ..nor care about CHIckys posts ...

If I remember correctly ..She DoD never ever agree with me years,ago .

And I've not seen her since ...And do not care what it whose posts ate pulled except public slanderous posts,concerning myself or my family.
THOSR I care about

Have your feuds,..I.just wish you'd leave me out ...I'm pro life ..But you won't accept that yet if you ever read anything I posted THere you'd see it ..Fine....

NOT EVERY PERSON IS REQUIRED TO AGREE WITH YOU ...on everything or anything ...thats life

As for something you say someone never got from me?????

Self explanatory ....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 474,441 - 474,460 of530,035
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••