Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685540 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#491954 Nov 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a cop-out AND an untruth. You have no intention of believing in Jehovah, as that image is too much Jew for YOU.
The fact that I don't believe in the existence of Jehovah should have no bearing on the fact that the Jews, faithful to Judaism DO believe that Jehovah is "THEIR" LORD GOD.
Do you deny that (within the tremulous theology) that Jehovah is the REAL LORD-god of Judaism and the one and only "god" of the Abrahamic religion???
God,created,everything ..all things,.

He,is,the God of Abraham and our God ..whatever name you wish to cAll Him..as,I've told you ..

As,for seriously ..I meant your thinking He is,really God ..Jehovah ...You don't
.you have said so about all religions,

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#491955 Nov 15, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct. It was the only trade left open to the Jewish people.
Hmmmm...But then they are put down for it ..later robbed ..

And yet look.at Israel today ...they've brought LUFE to the alert as,prophesied ...

What's,strange,..I was brought up with the Jews,Killed Jesus thought ...yet never taught hate ..

From the first time I read of their struggle to make,Israel a,COUNTRY...long BEFORE I understood this,was,prophesied .

I've felt some deep connection . And admiration.

AMAZING Grace indeed
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#491956 Nov 15, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Your premise is that the "world" would be better off without religion. Yet you offer no alternative
If you have to have some religious theologian tell you how to treat people, you are sadly lacking in common sense.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#491957 Nov 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
God,created,everything ..all things,.
Even all the hells and the suffering on earth of all forms of life???

:)
LTM

Terrace Bay, Canada

#491958 Nov 15, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No!!!------- Since it is the Catholic Church has, is and continues to be the "only" TRUE CHURCH that has proclaimed, taught and ministered the Fullness of the TRUTH and the Fullness of the FAITH for over 2000 years----both biblically and historically---- PROVEN to be TRUE!!!
You are delusional.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#491959 Nov 15, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you arrive at "Luther suggested that the Jews must be forced in Christianity" with a quote by Luther that clearly dictates the decisions of Self?
Oh I get it.....because you lack understanding of context.
Gotcha.
You still have many tenets of Christianity built into your brain that hasn't yet been dismissed by Atheism.
Odd.
Luther hated the Jews, and wanted them banished, converted, or dead ... so that WAS his context of his SELF!

Do you agree with Luther's SELF???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#491960 Nov 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Sounds like you are under the "Law of Paul", if you quote "Paul" instead of "Christ".
Please post something by Jesus that confirms what "Paul" states.
You can do this, right?
BUT - Please be wary of Hebrews.....
"The authorship of the Epistle to the Hebrews is uncertain. Although perhaps the most common theory through the ages has been that the apostle Paul is the author,[1] most modern scholars generally agree that it was not written by Paul. Since the third century A.D. doubts have been raised about the identity of the true author. It is one of the Antilegomena—New Testament books whose canonicity has been disputed.[2]
Some scholars now believe that the author was one of Paul's pupils or associates, citing stylistic differences between Hebrews and the other Pauline epistles.[3]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_th...
Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?
And, do you not understand/know that the writer of Hebrews could be Barnabas?

The writer must have had authority in the apostolic church.

Also, the writer was an intellectual Hebrew Christian and was well versed in the Old Testament.

Barnabas meets all these requirements.

Acts 4:36

36 Joseph, a Levite from Cyprus, whom the apostles called Barnabas (which means “son of encouragement”),
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#491961 Nov 15, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>U don't comprehend well, do U?! Nothing was claimed from my part! Judaism is the practice that Jesus followed
It is your claim that Jews faithful to Judaism followed Jesus. But that is a lie. Jews faithful to Judaism believe that Jesus was a fake messiah and that the real messiah did not come the first time ... much less is expected for the second time.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#491962 Nov 15, 2013
<quoted text>
In other words.....Self.
"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God".
Jesus wouldn't had said it, if it didn't have am eaning to it.
I'm just not sure why many so-called "Christians" reject it over what men have supplied them to believe.
I guess they just don't believe Jesus.
You keep regurgitating Jesus-blather, and then you claim that you don't know if Jesus even existed, or whether there will be an afterlife.

You can't make sense out of your own opinions, much less trying to lead others on YOUR self-perceived path of supposed truth.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#491963 Nov 15, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
HOGWASH!!---NO ONE in the Catholic Church is forcing ANYONE to join Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church!!!
For centuries they were able to rule over church and government. THAT is when they used force.

We are not discussing today's situation.

In the present era, the pope can't even make his own Catholics obey any rules, as they simply do whatever pleases them.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#491964 Nov 15, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are delusional.
Religion is all based on illusion.
HuskerDu

Falls City, NE

#491965 Nov 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember Cathuc school.teAching from the,fifties,and sixties ..
It was,LIMBO .
HOWEVER I believe today YOUR CHURCH Does NOT teach PURGATORY for babies,....nor at any time in my lifetime have they ..
Ah, yes they do. Tell me why they don't. I don't think you know and you didn't retain what was taught by the way you post about the Church.You even know what Purgatory is and why we all go there first? Do you? Give everyone the definition of Purgatory. Some say Purgatory is the fire we go through after we die to be cleansed. You have to be perfectly sinless to go to Heaven. No one on earth is. Only the Blessed Virgin is pure. You need to pray for the por souls so they can be relieased from Purgatory. Protesatnts need to do this.
HuskerDu

Falls City, NE

#491966 Nov 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly ...And didn't I read something about the,Church forbade its,people to lend money ..or something like that?? I could be wrong .
But they used the banks of the JEWS ..or something like that ...
Basically there was,a reason Jews,got into finance ..of course at different times ..especially W W 2 ....their goods and money it confiscated
LOL, where do you get your info from? why would the Catholics do that? Did you get your info from Jack Chick again?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#491967 Nov 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is all based on illusion.
Religion isn't an illusion, it's quite real and so are the things you can look forward to in heaven, and oh yeah, hell.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#491968 Nov 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Could the Law of Moses take away anyone's sins?
Absolutely NOT!!!
Within the theology, according to Jews that are faithful to Judaism ... a fake messiah also can't take away sins.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#491969 Nov 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember Cathuc school.teAching from the,fifties,and sixties ..
It was,LIMBO .
HOWEVER I believe today YOUR CHURCH Does NOT teach PURGATORY for babies,....nor at any time in my lifetime have they ..
You're right, Rose, we don't teach that unbaptized babies go to Purgatory. What the Church teaches is that they are left to the mercy of God. We don't go any further than that one way or the other. I stated all this the other day.

The Catechism is very easy to access online. I'm not sure why more people don't utilize it as it since it explains very clearly what the Catholic Church teaches.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX....

http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc.htm

It's all laid out in two different locations - easy peasy!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#491970 Nov 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
One has to wonder if the SPIRIT did not prick his conscience about the Jews ...
I know,about the JEWS killed Jesus mentality even in the last century ...Vatican 2 and John Paul and Benedict addressed it ...specifically as NO longer a CHURCH attitude ..
It must have been rife in the dark and middle ages .....
I pray with age Luther was enlightened .in his soul .for his sake ...
If a person actually reads the scriptures ...especially GIDS promise to ABRAHAM ...blessings and curses ...I have to wonder how,one could ignore it..as regards the Treatment of the Jewish people ...yet it happened ..sadly ..
Which only goes to show that the original structure of the "Christ" theocracy was in itself corrupt, and contrary to it's "professed" "teachings" as derived from the GOD if Abraham (including his promise/covenant).
marge

Leesburg, GA

#491971 Nov 15, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, yes they do. Tell me why they don't. I don't think you know and you didn't retain what was taught by the way you post about the Church.You even know what Purgatory is and why we all go there first? Do you? Give everyone the definition of Purgatory. Some say Purgatory is the fire we go through after we die to be cleansed. You have to be perfectly sinless to go to Heaven. No one on earth is. Only the Blessed Virgin is pure. You need to pray for the por souls so they can be relieased from Purgatory. Protesatnts need to do this.
We're Christians, we believe Jesus gave His life on the cross to pay for our sins.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#491972 Nov 15, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, Rose, we don't teach that unbaptized babies go to Purgatory. What the Church teaches is that they are left to the mercy of God. We don't go any further than that one way or the other. I stated all this the other day.
The Catechism is very easy to access online. I'm not sure why more people don't utilize it as it since it explains very clearly what the Catholic Church teaches.
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX....
http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc.htm
It's all laid out in two different locations - easy peasy!
Well I think.You have to tell other Catholics,not me,REGINA,..look at the post above yours,..and the other one Catholic girl seem to say that your Church is,teaching babies,go to purgatory ..

I know they don't .TEACH THAT
.I thought I was being thoughtful ...I am not the one nerds,education on Catholicism ..saying babies,go to purgatory ..to.me is,not fair to your Church ..But it is,YOURS,.

My belief is,JESUS,said let the CHILDREN come to HIM..babies go o heaven with HIM..

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#491973 Nov 15, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No!!!------- Since it is the Catholic Church has, is and continues to be the "only" TRUE CHURCH that has proclaimed, taught and ministered the Fullness of the TRUTH and the Fullness of the FAITH for over 2000 years----both biblically and historically---- PROVEN to be TRUE!!!
You sound like a brained washed person trying to convince others that what your saying is true.lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 10,583
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,840
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web