Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670273 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#491845 Nov 15, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Do you agree that (within the theology) Luther was receiving messages from Jehovah???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Several months after publishing On the Jews and Their Lies, Luther wrote Vom Schem Hamphoras und vom Geschlecht Christi (Of the Unknowable Name and the Generations of Christ)', in which he equated Jews with the Devil:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_an...
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#491846 Nov 15, 2013
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
So faith and good works will be evident if we are truly a new creation in Christ. Glad we agree there. The question then arises; if we claim that salvation is a one-time, immediate event by a profession of faith, and can never be lost, how can one claim they are saved without evidence of these works?
----------
There are 'professors', and 'possessors' in this field. Does one truly 'possess' salvation by faith, or do they just 'profess' to have it?
The possessors 'all called to good works'(Eph.2), and will be found doing them.
The professors are just 'hot air', or babies who have a lot to learn.
KayMarie
Although I'm flattered to see you going back a month or two to address questions that were avoided like the plague by protestants here you still haven't honestly answered them, you've just come up with clever avoidances.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#491847 Nov 15, 2013
Catholics and Protestants want to give the impression that a son of Jehovah's came to earth to take followers further and further away from anything resembling Judaism.

Had the Catholics and Protestants believed in multiple gods, they could have each come up with a new god suited to their own religions.

But instead they both believed they could manipulate the one god of the Jews to convert to Catholicism and Protestantism ... and I suggest that their attempts at god-theft deserves nothing but scorn.

The wars of the Jews, Catholics, Muslims and Protestants to gain control over each other, has left nothing but bloodshed and murder in its vile and corrupted path.

What a shame.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#491848 Nov 15, 2013
who="OldJG" <quoted text>
The gold, silver and precious stones in the lives of believers will survive God’s refining fire, and believers will be rewarded based on those good works—how faithfully we served Christ, how well we obeyed the Great Commission, how victorious we were over sin, how well we controlled our tongues and so on. We will have to give an account for our actions, whether they were truly indicative of our position in Christ. The fire of God’s judgment will completely burn up the “wood, hay and stubble” of the words we spoke and things we did which had no eternal value. "So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God." Romans 14:12
Judged where? By whom? Can we flunk the salvation test? If so, how?

----------
Mat 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Mat 7:2 For WITH WHAT JUDGMENT YOU JUDGE, YOU SHALL BE JUDGED: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Better walk softly on here...
KM

KayMarie

Dawson Creek, Canada

#491849 Nov 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Luther added faith "alone" to scripture. He tried to discard Hebrews, James, Jude and Revelation from scripture. Maybe that's why we had problems with him?
Are you willing and EAGER to overlook the problems that the faithful Jews had and still have with the Catholics???

My guess is ... that would be a "YES!"

#491850 Nov 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Luther's "faith revelation" included attempting to remove Hebrews, James, Jude and Revelation from scripture. This "faith revelation" included adding "faith alone" to St. Paul's epistle. In this "faith revelation" he called the letter of St. James "an Epistle of straw".
The people of Nineveh... that listened to Jonah ...will rise up against you ....AS AN EXAMPLE in the day of judgment..

THEY BELIEVED GOD AND REPENTED

~~~

Jon 3:5 So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them.

Jon 3:6 For word came unto the king of Nineveh, and he arose from his throne, and he laid his robe from him, and covered him with sackcloth, and sat in ashes.

Jon 3:7 And he caused it to be proclaimed and published through Nineveh by the decree of the king and his nobles, saying, Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste any thing: let them not feed, nor drink water:

Jon 3:8 But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God: yea, let them turn every one from his evil way, and from the violence that is in their hands.

Jon 3:9 Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not?

note
Jon 3:10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

~~~
NOW hundreds of years later...YOU STILL HOLD ON TO YOUR HEATHEN RITUALS..

You still rave about LUTHER...the one that God RAISED UP AMONG YOU

to turn your backslidden religious society back to Him..

#491851 Nov 15, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>My my rose, you won't understand. and by the way when we pray the Hail Mary , its an interssesary prayer, Mary gives the petition to Christ, and Christ never turns down His Mother. Think back when you were a Catholic. You have said some very nasty things tonight. You show a lot of ignorance when you comment on the Church's teachings.

----------
If 'Christ never turns down His mother', how come so many prayers are not answered?:(:(

KayMarie

#491852 Nov 15, 2013
who="Full of Love" <quoted text>
There are more meanings to seduced like tempted.
seduced
attract, allure, lure, tempt, entice, beguile, inveigle, maneuver
beguiled
charm, attract, enchant, entrance, win over, woo, captivate, bewitch, spellbind, dazzle, hypnotize, mesmerize, seduce.
He tempted her.

----------
Tony: Read the whole thing. Satan tempted Eve TO EAT THE FRUIT!
If you believe that illicit sex was Eve's sin, why do you approve the same thing?

KayMarie

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#491853 Nov 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Einstein lived in Germany, and I suggest that being a man who lived by modest means, he was fully aware that other Jews were not at all the same as him in attitude. Einstein knew that when Hitler came to power, the Jews controlled the finances in Germany.
I don't hate Jews as did Hitler, but just as did Einstein, I recognize that there are Jews who are brilliant with finances, and given an inch, will take the whole nine yards, as they are now doing in Israel, and in other places in the world.
It's unfortunate that their brilliance works against them.
Col Kurtz

"recognize that there are Jews who are brilliant with finances, and given an inch, will take the whole nine yards"

Although you are unaware of it, this is clearly an anti Semitic statement.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#491854 Nov 15, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Self.
I never said my objection to be slandered or my defense,of another person was,anything OTHER than my OWN decision.

Who else would it be ... your point???

I know,it's,myself

#491855 Nov 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you agree that (within the theology) Luther was receiving messages from Jehovah???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Several months after publishing On the Jews and Their Lies, Luther wrote Vom Schem Hamphoras und vom Geschlecht Christi (Of the Unknowable Name and the Generations of Christ)', in which he equated Jews with the Devil:
Martin Luther did not understand all knowledge neither did he have all wisdom..WHEN GOD GAVE HIM A REVELATION

He was raise up in the BACK SLIDDEN ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...AND WHEN HE WROTE HIS 95 THESES HE WAS STILL A ROMAN CATHOLIC...

THE REVELATION THAT GOD GAVE HIM WAS LIMITED TO THE SUBJECT THAT

"THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY HIS FAITH.."

THE APOSTLES WERE IGNORANT CONCERNING MANY THINGS UNTIL JESUS TAUGHT THEM

Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

Luk 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Luk 24:48 And ye are witnesses of these things.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC IS UNTEACHABLE ARROGANT AND INCORRIGIBLE

THEY BELIEVE THEY ARE GOD...

AND EVIDENTLY WE WILL ALL BE JUDGED BY THEIR CATECHISM come judgment day..
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#491856 Nov 15, 2013
<quoted text>
The people of Nineveh... that listened to Jonah ...will rise up against you ....AS AN EXAMPLE in the day of judgment..
THEY BELIEVED GOD AND REPENTED
~~~
Jon 3:5 So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them.
Jon 3:6 For word came unto the king of Nineveh, and he arose from his throne, and he laid his robe from him, and covered him with sackcloth, and sat in ashes.
Jon 3:7 And he caused it to be proclaimed and published through Nineveh by the decree of the king and his nobles, saying, Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste any thing: let them not feed, nor drink water:
Jon 3:8 But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God: yea, let them turn every one from his evil way, and from the violence that is in their hands.
Jon 3:9 Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not?
note
Jon 3:10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.
~~~
NOW hundreds of years later...YOU STILL HOLD ON TO YOUR HEATHEN RITUALS..
You still rave about LUTHER...the one that God RAISED UP AMONG YOU
to turn your backslidden religious society back to Him..
May God grant you the courage in your last days to face truth with humility instead of fear and loathing.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#491857 Nov 15, 2013
Not one Catholic or Protestant on this forum or any other thread on which I have posted has come forward to state how awful it was that the Jews, faithful to Judaism, were tortured and put to death by the Christians.

NOT ONE of which I can remember.

When I point out that all those Catholics and Protestants were murderers in the name of a god, they ignore my posts and keep on preaching that the son of a Jewish god is definitely going to save them and that I will spend eternity in hell.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#491858 Nov 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Martin Luther did not understand all knowledge neither did he have all wisdom..WHEN GOD GAVE HIM A REVELATION
He was raise up in the BACK SLIDDEN ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...AND WHEN HE WROTE HIS 95 THESES HE WAS STILL A ROMAN CATHOLIC...
THE REVELATION THAT GOD GAVE HIM WAS LIMITED TO THE SUBJECT THAT
"THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY HIS FAITH.."
THE APOSTLES WERE IGNORANT CONCERNING MANY THINGS UNTIL JESUS TAUGHT THEM
Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
Luk 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
Luk 24:48 And ye are witnesses of these things.
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC IS UNTEACHABLE ARROGANT AND INCORRIGIBLE
THEY BELIEVE THEY ARE GOD...
AND EVIDENTLY WE WILL ALL BE JUDGED BY THEIR CATECHISM come judgment day..
Just as was Martin Luther's preaching, I suggest your preaching also stems from vanity and nothing BUT vanity.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#491859 Nov 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
And now the Christians claim that the Jews must go back to their "homeland" or Jesus won't come to save the Christians.
The idiocy of it all, is beyond comprehension.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
World History Timelines
Din Timelines
jul 15 - Pope Innocent III states Jews are doomed to perpetual servitude & subjugation due to crucifixion of Jesus.
The catholic church is a false church teaching false doctrine and is even known by God of it's ways. What ever he said is false, Jews are still saved through the blood of Jesus. They must be a member of the true church, which is the Church of Christ and be baptized in order to be saved. I urge you to do the same.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#491860 Nov 15, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>
Col Kurtz
"recognize that there are Jews who are brilliant with finances, and given an inch, will take the whole nine yards"
Although you are unaware of it, this is clearly an anti Semitic statement.
I believe that a Jewish-banker is brilliant in being able to work money to his own advantage. The observation has no connection to religion whatsoever.

Anti-Semitism is being against the Jewish religion. The statement that the Jew is comparable to a devil, is an anti-Semitic attack.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#491861 Nov 15, 2013
<quoted text>
There you go again, using words to curse others with your witchcraft.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#491862 Nov 15, 2013
Warning against the Jews (1546)

Shortly before his death on February 18, 1546 Luther preached four sermons in Eisleben.[20] To his second last sermon he appended what he called his "final warning" against the Jews.[21] The main point of this short work is that authorities who could expel the Jews from their lands should do so if they would not convert to Christianity. Otherwise, Luther indicated, such authorities would make themselves "partners in another's sins".

Human Being

Sunset, LA

#491863 Nov 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Not one Catholic or Protestant on this forum or any other thread on which I have posted has come forward to state how awful it was that the Jews, faithful to Judaism, were tortured and put to death by the Christians.
NOT ONE of which I can remember.
When I point out that all those Catholics and Protestants were murderers in the name of a god, they ignore my posts and keep on preaching that the son of a Jewish god is definitely going to save them and that I will spend eternity in hell.
June:

Misguided human beings for the most part, will act according to peer pressure. Human beings also act out for self-preservation to threats.

The preservation of justice is an ongoing effort, and if left to those without a moral compass, would destroy the world.

Peace

#491864 Nov 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
May God grant you the courage in your last days to face truth with humility instead of fear and loathing.
~~~

Act 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples/CATHEDRALS made with hands; as saith the prophet,

Act 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and

earth is my footstool:

what house will ye build me? saith the Lord:

or what is the place of my rest?

Act 7:50 Hath not my hand made all these things?

Act 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

Act 7:52 Which of the prophets,(IN THE CRUSADES AND THE INQUISITION)

have not your fathers persecuted? and

they have slain them

which shewed before of the coming of the Just One;

of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope discusses climate, immigrants in historic ... (Sep '15) 31 min WelbyMD 47
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Feb 17 True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
News Pope illuminates 'tree' via Tablet (Dec '11) Feb 11 Phart Seasonally 23
More from around the web