Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665490 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#491823 Nov 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Ridiculous blather.
For centuries the Christians tortured and killed the Jews, and yet since 1948 when the United States supported the Jews to claim the newly formed state of Israel as their homeland ... the Christians such as you are certain that Christ won't return to earth until the Jews return to that so-called homeland ... which is biblical nonsense.
The Jews knew that they could gain support from gullible Christians such as you, by using the bible as their "anchor." Meanwhile the aggressive Jews keep pushing more and more Muslims off of their own lands to grab more land for the Jews, and YOU are supporting them in their aggression.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

I AM SUPPORTING THE

-->EVERLASTING ABRAHAMIC COVENANT<--...

Gen 15:18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:

Gen 15:19 The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites,

Gen 15:20 And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims,

Gen 15:21 And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites..(JERUSALEM)

~~~

Gen 17:5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

Gen 17:6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.

EVERLASTING COVENANT

Gen 17:7 And --->I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.<---

HOW LONG IS EVERLASTING?
Gen 17:8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.
Gen 17:9 And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#491824 Nov 15, 2013
Einstein lived in Germany, and I suggest that being a man who lived by modest means, he was fully aware that other Jews were not at all the same as him in attitude. Einstein knew that when Hitler came to power, the Jews controlled the finances in Germany.

I don't hate Jews as did Hitler, but just as did Einstein, I recognize that there are Jews who are brilliant with finances, and given an inch, will take the whole nine yards, as they are now doing in Israel, and in other places in the world.

It's unfortunate that their brilliance works against them.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#491825 Nov 15, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And despite whatever men have done..or countries ..or politicians,..or armies ...the Holy Spirit still guides people's hears to Jesus in the same belief in HIM from 2000 years,ago ..
It's not the,religion..nor how,it's practiced ..it's,Faith.
You can believe on Jesus ..without ever entering in the Church you seem to hate ..he's in your heart ....soul..And spirit
A CHURCH can be great for worship ....But in the end its,Faith in your heart that brings,you peace
"A CHURCH can be great for worship ....But in the end its,Faith in your heart that brings"

Salvation comes from within, not through some organization as so many want to believe.

Self.

"If one chooses not to decide, they still have made a choice." - Geddy Lee

Dawson Creek, Canada

#491826 Nov 15, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
For this forum, posting Bible passages is actually off-topic, unless they concern salvation.
IMO - any other Bible passage/text should not be posted.
On a forum, I don't believe that any subject should be off topic.

Expression of all opinions is our greatest gift of relative freedom.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#491827 Nov 15, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
I AM SUPPORTING THE
-->EVERLASTING ABRAHAMIC COVENANT<--...
You have NO rights under the Abrahamic Jewish covenant, unless you are a Jew.

And as a rebel Protestant, you refuse to become a Jew.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#491828 Nov 15, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I was raised a catholic from childhood. I left the church like so many are doing today.
Non religious is the fastest growing group in america. Over 50 million americans today claim to be non religious.
I have lived a good life. Never been in trouble, help those needing it, and know right from wrong. If that is not good enough for a deity to give me a thumbs up, than so be it.
I know that in the bible that we must trust and obey, and in doing that we must not forsake the assembly. We must worship the way God commands us to. When one reads the New Testament they will come to know one church which Jesus said he would build, so there has to be a name for this church, and there is. The name given to the church that Jesus built is the Church of Christ, the reason is because the Church of Christ does exactly what the bible says for the church to do, for instance, worshipping. Worshipping like the bible says is clearly laid out in the new testament. Singing only as this is all the bible has authorized, it does not authorize musical instruments. Worshipping is to be done every Lord's day, which is Sunday. So on the Lord's day we come together to worship, sing songs, take the Lord's supper and give according to our means, and listen to the preacher give a sermon and then talk to all your brother and sisters in Christ. This is how God commands it to be done. The Church of Christ is the church of the bible, the only church of the bible that worships according to God, and this makes the Church of Christ the only church on this entire planet that one needs to be a part of in order to hear the gospel in spirit and in truth. So I urge you to go to the nearest Church of Christ and study and get baptized and know that you are saved. worshipping in spirit and in truth as this cannot be done at any other church.

#491829 Nov 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The fake savior and the fake devil were both imaginary products of the new testament.
The old testament had no devil named Satan, as the Jews believed that Jehovah created both good AND evil, and that no head-haunch devil was necessary.
You are peddling heresy against the Jews and Judaism, which is anti-Semitic nonsense.
~~~

THE DEVIL IS NOT A FAKE...YOU ARE EVEN NOW FOLLOWING HIS AGENDA..

AS LONG AS YOU... DO NOT ADMIT HE EXIST ...HE CAN DO HIS DIRTY WORK THROUGH YOU ...INCOGNITO...

HE WILL USE YOU .... FLOUT YOUR EGO..AND ULTIMATELY DESTROY YOU ......

Rom_6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#491830 Nov 15, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" <quoted text>
What NEW covenant? That after Jesus' death as a faithful Jew, he wanted people to become Christians rather than purified Jews.
That is the silliest story EVER!!!
----------
A Christian of ANY race IS a purified Jew. "He is not a Jew that is circumcised in the flesh; he is a Jew that is circumcised in the heart. That option is available to all who will come to Him, as Abraham (father of the Jews, father of nations) came to Him in faith.
Ephesians says that 'He has made of the two (Jew and Gentile) ONE NEW MAN.'
You have to read it ALL. You can't understand what He is as long as you only know PART of His plan.
KayMarie
yep
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#491831 Nov 15, 2013
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
Which really doesn't answer my question. How do you know his decision to seperate from the Church was of God and how do you know that his hatred of the Jews (which was demonstrated AFTER he left) was the Catholic Church's fault?
In my opinion, you're just stating your opinion and not providing any proof one way or the other.
----------
who="Anthony MN"
Nice to see you back Kay, hope you're feeling better. Why must Luther's prostestant traits always be attributed to God's Divine plan, but his sins to the Catholic Church?
----------
Thank you, Anthony. Good to be here.
KayMarie
----------
Surprise to Dan: My husband wrote the following:
Luther's revelations on faith came by the Spirit. They were neither Protestant nor Catholic. They were of God, not man. They were termed 'Protestant', because the CC could not accept them. I didn't mention his 'sins'...just the racial anti-Jew one...which was taught by man.
I knew an individual who was raised in an orphanage in the early part of last century. She was 'taught' there that black people were a bit above cattle, but not really 'human'. That orphanage was neither Protestant nor Catholic...and the 'understanding' of the day 'sounded' reasonable...but it took a revelation to correct it. She had that 'revelation' eventually.
----------
Dan (to KayMarie):
Your husband certainly isn't willing to grant to Catholics the latitude you do here to Luther's human foible, particularly since Luther never had any "revelation" recorded whereupon he changed his mind nor his statements concerning Jews.
When it's Catholics who demonstrate human fault, he attributes the fault to Satan, extrapolating that Satan is the root of any evil on part of any Catholic living or dead, and then broad-brushes the entire institution on those grounds.
----------
Martin Luther...like all humans...had some human failings. He had been schooled in Catholicism, so he was naturally affected by their 'Jews killed Jesus' theology. He was also affected by/with a deep devotion to God.
But it was out of his devotion to God that he received the revelation that we are born again by faith.(Oh, that all would search for Him, and find revelation, instead of searching out faults with others.)
Our personal short-comings do not negate the Truth, though they hinder its progress. "The reproaches with which they reproached you, fell on ME (Christ)." And coming to Jesus, while we become 'new creatures in Him', we remain in the flesh, and do not suddenly become 'all-wise'.
Many have attempted to negate Luther's faith revelation, by pointing the finger at his failings.
Get your eyes off of Luther, and turn them on Jesus, the AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH.
KayMarie
Luther's "faith revelation" included attempting to remove Hebrews, James, Jude and Revelation from scripture. This "faith revelation" included adding "faith alone" to St. Paul's epistle. In this "faith revelation" he called the letter of St. James "an Epistle of straw".

#491832 Nov 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You have NO rights under the Abrahamic Jewish covenant, unless you are a Jew.
And as a rebel Protestant, you refuse to become a Jew.
~~~

WHO I AM IS GOD'S DECISION AND YOU HAVE NOTHING IN IT...

HIS WORD SAID

Rom_2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

Rom_2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

BECAUSE I AM BORN AGAIN MY HEART HAS BEEN CIRCUMCISED ..I AM A JEW INWARDLY..

Dawson Creek, Canada

#491833 Nov 15, 2013
Surprise to Dan: My husband wrote the following:
Luther's revelations on faith came by the Spirit. They were neither Protestant nor Catholic. They were of God, not man
How SILLY!

Luther was a horny monk that desired to marry a nun, and so he claimed that the bible supported those desires.

When you claim he wasn't a Protestant, that is a lie. He was the leader of the Protestant cult, which by the way was and is also based on anti-Judaism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Anti-Jewish Agitation

Josel of Rosheim, who tried to help the Jews of Saxony, wrote in his memoir that their situation was "due to that priest whose name was Martin Luther — may his body and soul be bound up in hell!!— who wrote and issued many heretical books in which he said that whoever would help the Jews was doomed to perdition."[8] Robert Ashley Michael, Professor Emeritus of European History at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth writes that Josel asked the city of Strasbourg to forbid the sale of Luther's anti-Jewish works; they refused initially, but relented when a Lutheran pastor in Hochfelden argued in a sermon that his parishioners should murder Jews.[9]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_an...

#491834 Nov 15, 2013
who="Dan" <quoted text>
....which fails to address Anthony's inquiry.
"Why must Luther's protestant traits always be attributed to God's Divine plan, but his sins to the Catholic Church?"

----------
Probably because the Catholic church has hated Luther so, and have denied the truth of his revelation.
Luther's revelation was not 'his Protestant traits', but the message has not been received. Instead it has been denied...though it is what the Gospel reveals. It was only 'revealed' to Luther; he didn't create it.

KayMarie

Dawson Creek, Canada

#491835 Nov 15, 2013
"A Christian of any race is a purified Jew."

What a silly statement.

That is comparable to stating that Christians that are anti-Semitic are purified Jews.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#491836 Nov 15, 2013
So, according to these Catholics and Protestants on the forum ... Martin Luther was saved by Jesus first when he was Catholic, and then he was saved AGAIN by the same Jesus when he became Protestant.

He hated the Jews with a vile passion, but because he believed in the existence of Jesus the Jew, he became a purified Jew.

You people are INSANE!!!

#491837 Nov 15, 2013
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
So faith and good works will be evident if we are truly a new creation in Christ. Glad we agree there. The question then arises; if we claim that salvation is a one-time, immediate event by a profession of faith, and can never be lost, how can one claim they are saved without evidence of these works?

----------
There are 'professors', and 'possessors' in this field. Does one truly 'possess' salvation by faith, or do they just 'profess' to have it?
The possessors 'all called to good works'(Eph.2), and will be found doing them.
The professors are just 'hot air', or babies who have a lot to learn.

KayMarie

Dawson Creek, Canada

#491838 Nov 15, 2013
Probably because the Catholic church has hated Luther so, and have denied the truth of his revelation.
Luther's revelation was not 'his Protestant traits', but the message has not been received. Instead it has been denied...though it is what the Gospel reveals. It was only 'revealed' to Luther; he didn't create it.
KayMarie
In 1543 Luther published On the Jews and Their Lies in which he says that the Jews are a "base, whoring people, that is, no people of God, and their boast of lineage, circumcision, and law must be accounted as filth."[13] They are full of the "devil's feces ... which they wallow in like swine."[14] The synagogue was a "defiled bride, yes, an incorrigible whore and an evil slut ..."[15] He argues that their synagogues and schools be set on fire, their prayer books destroyed, rabbis forbidden to preach, homes razed, and property and money confiscated. They should be shown no mercy or kindness,[16] afforded no legal protection,[17] and these "poisonous envenomed worms" should be drafted into forced labor or expelled for all time.[18] He also seems to advocate their murder, writing "[w]e are at fault in not slaying them".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_an...

#491839 Nov 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
"A Christian of any race is a purified Jew."
What a silly statement.
That is comparable to stating that Christians that are anti-Semitic are purified Jews.
~~~

TO YOU EVERY THING ABOUT GOD... IS SILLY ..BECAUSE YOU ARE SOLD UNTO SIN AND WICKEDNESS...

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#491840 Nov 15, 2013
Luther is the idol of Protestantism. John Chrysostom is the idol of Catholicism, and they both hated the Jew that were faithful to Judaism ... with a passion.

But NOW ... both Catholics and Protestants are certain that their idols are PURIFIED Jews.

It seems that there is no hope for ignorance to go beyond itself.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#491841 Nov 15, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
TO YOU EVERY THING ABOUT GOD... IS SILLY ..BECAUSE YOU ARE SOLD UNTO SIN AND WICKEDNESS...
Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
OH NOW ... I suggest you don't throw one of your curses at me as being real.

Your witchcraft has no power to control my thoughts ... as I see you for what you are ... which I perceive is an empty vessel with a trouble-making message based on lies.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#491844 Nov 15, 2013
who="Dan" <quoted text>
....which fails to address Anthony's inquiry.
"Why must Luther's protestant traits always be attributed to God's Divine plan, but his sins to the Catholic Church?"
----------
KayMarie
Luther added faith "alone" to scripture. He tried to discard Hebrews, James, Jude and Revelation from scripture. Maybe that's why we had problems with him?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) 2 hr Father OFlanery 160
News Pope Francis's Visit to Turkey Embroiled in Par... (Dec '14) Dec 3 Azat 2
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... Dec 1 Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Nov 30 Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
News Free Presbyterians 'will protest' Pope's visit Nov 29 narako 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Nov 29 Married in 10,375
More from around the web