Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#491532 Nov 13, 2013
they will come in my name
its not me

a nkh=life
where life start

Deceivers and possessors want claim whats is not belong to them.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#491533 Nov 13, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's,obvious,you are disillusioned with the RCC.....But don't let the doings,of MEN ...keep you from belief in the only true SOURCE of Comfort
Have you taken to worshipping JEHOVAH???

He's apparently fond of comforting the bereaved ... and especially the disillusioned that end up in Gehenna's fiery pit. He's very understanding in that HE tells them WHY they must spend eternity rejected by HIM.

OH ... the fun of it all is beyond human comprehension. Doesn't it just want to make you as enlightened as Jehovah GOD???

:)

Prince George, Canada

#491534 Nov 13, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to beleive in my Self. That would be my department.
Carry on.
I certainly hope it's only your "department."

Prince George, Canada

#491535 Nov 13, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was turning my life around I was told to not be catholic because they added to the Bible. The opposite was true.
There was no Jesus in the old testament.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

In the quotations of all kinds from the Old Testament in the New, we find a continual variation from the letter of the older Scriptures. First, all the New Testament writers quoted from the Septuagint; correcting it indeed more or less by the Hebrew, especially when it was needful for their purpose; still abiding by it to so large an extent as to show that it was the primary source whence their quotations were drawn. Secondly, the New Testament writers must have frequently quoted from memory. Thirdly, combined with this there was an alteration of conscious or unconscious design. Sometimes the object of this was to obtain increased force. Sometimes an Old Testament passage is abridged, and in the abridgment so adjusted, by a little alteration, as to present an aspect of completeness, and yet omit what is foreign to the immediate purpose. In some cased even greater liberty of alteration is assumed. In some places, again, the actual words of the original text are taken up, but employed with a new meaning.

Prince George, Canada

#491536 Nov 13, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I just hate that I never win at bingo down at St. Micheal's.
Is it possible that Jehovah doesn't want you to win?

Prince George, Canada

#491537 Nov 13, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing has changed much except that most civilized countries don't let them commit murder any more. I think that is why they want to turn the USA into a theocracy.
What fun is religion if you can't murder those who offend your gods???

Sarcasm intended.

Prince George, Canada

#491538 Nov 13, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Pope Francis is not doing anything different than any other Pope.
That's RIGHT! When he claims to speak for a god, he's also LYING!
truth

Perth, Australia

#491539 Nov 13, 2013
from semij toward church of saint r.oko
small village have name or surname ro;mich

not romi

its lost geometric direction
long time ago
under santarov kuk near semij is in deep geometric
rock..nobody know how its deep.,.only spiritualy
if pool you in you can know

its direction in as well geometric way towrd rover matica as small jezero which before exist not anymore..its small tiny river..matica=cell as you call cell we say matica..
its border but other side is trebizat as you pronaucment tribistobvo or tiber=trebizat=as you say tiber

try pronaucment deference language

its stay under trough ancient history something happen in thaty rtegion

semij zvec gradina
see aries as nos pasige its church on that v prolog just passige on other side

other people claim what is not heavenly belong to them
no

they are interactive into life of others as very active accusers killers too

i say to you
don't used my name in vain

i am as i am as i alwayes exist

a nkh
now

its some as geometric heavenly position which others try claim for themself but not as never be as they are always liars as they areeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

if i need i will remove you all
who say that
not me

others try claim place what is not belong to them trough past

i told you
evil serve evil
others simply suffering

Prince George, Canada

#491540 Nov 13, 2013
I suggest that religion never gave social order to any society. Disorder by disillusion and brutality would be more "fitting."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Origins of Religion

Boyer states that "having a normal human brain does not imply that you have religion. All it implies is that people can acquire it, which is very different." [5] He suggests that religions started for the reasons of providing answers to humans, giving comfort, providing social order to society, and satisfying the need of the illusion-prone nature of the human mind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_religion
truth

Perth, Australia

#491541 Nov 13, 2013
your law is not my law
i don't respect any more
nooooooooooo
low of criminals and drug dilers are not law
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo
truth

Perth, Australia

#491542 Nov 13, 2013
now
position heavenly in geometric way

doli u zemljisemij santarov kuk groblje as raskrsce
raskrsce=as you see england flag..u cacinoj ogradi
vidi zvec gradina matica crkva s r.oko
vidi tamo prema uokrug tim malim selima
vidis li pravac od semoja proko raskrsca di je groblje priko zveca gradine i matice rijeke
znas li napraviti geometrijski kriz ko na zastavi england en 'N' a.nkh
znas li gdje je groblje raskrsce pored cacine ogradice gdje je mali crkvica svetog franje
znadesli napraviti geomtrijski oblik
ako citas probaj nekostate nista papira napisati i nacrtati u pravcima jezera i rastoka nacrtaj
geometrijski oblik u obliku raskrscha dva kriza..nacrtaj geometrijski oblik..
nacrtaj ..heavenly position..

doli unutar zemlje
prije tisuce godina doslo je do poremecaja i pokretanja tla

heavenly position which is been lost so long time ago

try drove in geometric way

my mind is not yours
its very hard explain what you can't see openly
they will say
proveeeeeeeeeeee
don't be afraid
its going toward inner core

others simple jealous
they want transform all of you and mislead on deference path where you will be lost for ever

i say to you don't serve evil trouble way
because i am as i am..
remember
don't act as troublemaker
its for beneficiary of all
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#491543 Nov 13, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Not everything about Christianity is in the bible. You have to use your brain and have faith. So if you make it to Purgatory, you will enter Heaven. There isn't any *time* like we have before we die. pray for the poor souls in Purgatory, they will pray for you.
Purgatory has a strong scriptural basis.
truth

Perth, Australia

#491544 Nov 13, 2013
vidis li zvec ko brada vidis li rastok i jezero ko dva oka vidis li semij ko jagodica na licu vidisli metokit as piramide
vidis li direction ..zamjecivas li imena sela mjesta ogradica nazive gomilica cvijeca drveca svega imas za opisat sa slovima i rijecima..

sloga samo ljubav daje
sloga nerazdvaja

slozna braca i sestre samo zlatne snove grade..

neznaju sto imaju doli i koliko je nebo gori
kako nebiste uzeli pogresnu projeciju i tudje misli za vasu propast

nebo je visoko bog razapeo kao sator svoj
sator santarov kuk see raskrsce old ancient graveyatds as symbols near semij as small pyramide

citaj
i nemoj se postidjeti mojih rijeci
u malim rijecima i dijelima i mislima leze sve tajne cijelog svijeta..nema novca sa cime se mogu kupiti ..

Prince George, Canada

#491545 Nov 13, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Purgatory has a strong scriptural basis.
According to theologians ... all of their ideas had a strong "scriptural" basis.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

A History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

Although the pontifical definition of Purgatory dates from 1259, its popularity developed later, thanks chiefly to the prestige of Masses for the dead.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#491546 Nov 13, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't that lovely ..And here I was,only ..wondering what a FC Alum was,doing commenting on my nuns ...or Alum FC whatever ...as,I know,I've never posed to any one with THAT name ...hmmmmm
well you don't have to be a Harvard grad. to figure out what that's all about ...lol

Prince George, Canada

#491547 Nov 13, 2013
St. Patrick’s Purgatory.

A cave on Station Island in Lough Derg, Co. Donegal, a resort of pilgrims from the 13th century. The legend is that Christ revealed it to St. Patrick and told him that all who visited it in penitence and faith would gain a full INDULGENCE of their sins and they would gain sight of the torments of HELL and the joys of HEAVEN.

Location hidden

#491548 Nov 13, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>CNN and other secular news got it wrong. EVERYONE knows that. And its old news. Pope Francis is not doing anything different than any other Pope.
Sooo your telling me that a news company as huge as CNN can afford to post news without checking there sources for the truth and risk being sued by the Vatican? Well, if indeed cnn has got it wrong then we all should be hearing pretty soon how the Vatican will demand an apology from cnn...
Liam

Chicago, IL

#491549 Nov 13, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Finding the right church is quite easy. The church you are looking for is the Church of Christ which Jesus said he would build, Matthew 16;18. In the year 33 AD on the day of Pentecost while the Apostles received the Holy spirit which would allow them ONLY to do miracles to spread the word of Jesus ministry, Peter was preaching and the people asked what must they do to be saved, and Peter told them to repent and be baptized and 3,000 souls responded and were saved that day and God added them to the church that Jesus built, that was the beginning of the Church of Christ. In order to be the church of the bible you must also worship according to the bible by worshipping on the Lord's day, which is Sunday. They are also to take of the Lord's supper and give according to your ability. Singing only is what is authorized in worship, no musical instruments are not allowed. This is what makes the Church of Christ the church and ONLY CHURCH of the bible. The catholic church is described by the bible as being the biggest deceiver of mankind and they do nothing according to the bible. So I urge you to go to the nearest Church of Christ and get baptized and live according to God and your life will be right in the eyes of God.
The Vatican is going to display the relics of Saint Peter this week. First time ever.
He was buried in Rome where he died and after Constantine legalized Christianity, he allowed for a Basilica to be built on top of him and other first century Christian Martyrs.
Many fanatics argue that Peter was never in Rome because they erroneously claim that everything about Christianity - including the whereabouts of the Apostles- is detailed in scripture. That's obviously ridiculous.
Anyway, Peter went to Rome and the second and third generation of Christians wrote about it. Its not recorded in scripture.
Your church of Christ doesn't make sense. You can't trace it before the 19th century. You have no church fathers, no early writings, no historic facts, no martyrs, no record of anything and no normal historian that would ever agree of this mysterious hidden church of Christ...
Most c.o.c members I've met are sincere guys. I think you are too. I believe you honestly love the Lord. I have to confront you when I see anti catholic rhetoric though.
Imo, if your church of Christ was legit, it should be able to stand on her own two feet without trashing Catholicism. Same goes for everyone else, its like nobody can have a faith unless they incorporate anti Catholic rhetoric along with their opinions on sacred scripture.
God bless.
truth

Perth, Australia

#491550 Nov 13, 2013
sator svoj razapeo je bog
heavenly position
razapeo as cross doble cross
iznad raskrsca=small church of saint franjo and cemetry call rascrsce in deep is ancient position as heavenly position
others are try be smart
did they are not
they are accusers abusers wrong nasty judges pretenders full of enevy sloth not understanding and so on

Are you going put trust over that evil judges killers

i am not one of them or any part of any organization
neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

i am as i am

others are corupt jealous evil mind..

imate duge bijele prste
u kobnu zlobnu danu
imate crvene duge obraze
a nemate nikakva stida

i wrote 35 years ago many secrets poems which i never wrote publicly
all of them have meaning on my way

your law is not my law

poemist don't have border for any law in mind
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

there is a no law
no

there others can't interfer
no

you can't produce mind for money
because money and corupt law is nothingggggggggggggg
no

i say to you
no law

i don't respect law
not any more

now
geometric heavenly position=bog je rasapeo svoj shator..raskrsce=u do.lini selo malo

u dolini selo malo
tu su dobri ljudi
tu su male kuce
tu je moje srce ostalo
povezi misli=conect mind as i tray tell you on geometric way

my mind is not your mind

Location hidden

#491551 Nov 13, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You are the only one who believes that.
LOL..me,myself and I..that makes three...lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pinoys in NY prepare for Calungsod's sainthood (Aug '12) 11 hr untilthelighttak ... 209
News Pope Holds Meeting to Encourage Adoption of U.N... 11 hr untilthelighttak ... 7
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 11 hr untilthelighttak ... 84,125
News Pope on free speech: What about turning the oth... 21 hr KristoFMYsagun 11
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Married in 9,204
News Cuban bishop says news of papal visit brings 'h... May 1 the AWSOME Cowboy 1
News Woman excommunicated from Catholic Church calls... Apr 30 untilthelighttak ... 2
More from around the web