Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687233 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chess

Columbus, OH

#491577 Nov 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon Liam...you know full well that there is no factual evidence to base that claim on. Roman Catholic archaeologists found a 1st century "bone box' in Jerusalem in the 50's named "Simon Bar Jona" (peter), and had no choice but to hush it up as best as possible, and (in order to keep it's claim of aposotlic succession credible) had to find bones from the area under the basilica from that era. Which was actually a middle class non christian burial street(common Romans).
What is presented as actuality is tantamount of the story of "The Emperor's New Clothes".
What you are accusing the Protestants of is equally true of the Catholic church as well.
The evidence does not exist.
What?

Peter and Simon Magus didn't have a slap down in Rome?

Say it ain't so!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#491578 Nov 13, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The poop says there is no such place!!!!
CNS STORY: Purgatory is a process, not a place, pope says at ...
www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/1100116... ;
Jan 12, 2011 - Purgatory is a process, not a place, pope says at general audience ... a painful experience of regret for one's sins, Pope Benedict XVI said.
Jan 12, 2011 - Purgatory is a process, not a place, pope says at general audience ... a painful experience of regret for one's sins, Pope Benedict XVI said.

Location hidden

#491579 Nov 13, 2013

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#491580 Nov 13, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
Peter and Simon Magus didn't have a slap down in Rome?
Say it ain't so!
Not unless Rome is really Babylon...bed outcome for the popes either way.
Or...you could put Clement's statements through some kind of "superelaborator" magic machine of mistranslations of the actual words.. Or ...have a supersonic jet available for the two to be there in Rome at the same time.(just the main factors of incredibilty)
It's just way too many magic hoops away from any semblance of reality.

So in all reality...no...it is unverifiable, and most improbable.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#491582 Nov 14, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony,
Jesus said, "He came to "fulfill" the Law and the Prophets."
"These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me.
My friend, do you know what Christ meant when He stated that He came to "FULFILL" the law and the prophets? I have found that most people that mistakenly think the OT is no longer valid does not know what Christ meant when He stated He came to FULFILL the law and the prophets and hence they end up throwing out the OT. Big mistake.

Did not Christ state that He did not come to destroy the law but to fulfill it? Now if Christ did not destroy the law nor the prophets then those Christians that think the OT is no longer valid has got a HUGE PROBLEM with Christ.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#491583 Nov 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Tony17" <quoted text>When any of the NT believers quoted the scriptures they quoted the OT as did Christ Himself. The OT is NOT done away with my friend. In fact the OT speaks more about what's gonna happen in the millennium that does the NT. Satan would love nothing better than to get Christians to ignore the entire OT scriptures.
----------
There is a misunderstanding about this because Paul said that we are no longer under the law.
God's instruction for right living and worship were fulfilled by Jesus, not done away.
What was done away is THE law of which Paul was speaking: "The soul that sins, it shall die." Jesus did away the 'law of sin and death' when He conquered death AND LIVED', and He made the way whereby we may conquer death through faith in Him.
KayMarie
What Paul was referring to was certain ordinances listed under the law such as the blood ordinances etc. Christ replaced ordinances like that with Himself which is why we are no longer under the law where we have to offer the blood of animals to cover our sins. Christ did away with those which He replaced with Himself therefore we are no longer under those ordinances of the law. However the rest of the law we are still subject to.

Have you ever done a deep study of the laws? There is nothing wrong with the law. The short coming was not in the law, the short coming is in us. Are not the 10 commandments a part of the law? Would you throw those out as well?
Liam

Detroit, MI

#491584 Nov 14, 2013
TabulaRassa wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of relics? If he was killed, were these things kept by other
Disciples? I did not know they had a lot left.
Nobody can say with certain. But we know Christians within a hundred yrs of Peters death said he died and is buried in Rome. That's close enough in proximity where you could hear firsthand testimony from people who may have witnessed it.
The bones of many of the Apostles are either in a Catholic or Orthodox Church. I think the Apostle Pauls skull is in Saint Johns Church in Rome.(a bone fragment is underneath the altar of the Cathedral of Saint Paul in MN)
When Christianity was legalized, the now visible headquarters were built atop the remains of hundreds of martyrs, where tradition says the Romans buried them after execution. Below the Vatican is a maze of tombs and Mosuleums and crypts. The Church unearthed a portion last century and found one tomb that said it was Peter. Forensic testing revealed a man between 60-80 who lived around the expected death time of Peter.
Another poster revealed that another tomb was unearthed in Jerusalem that says Simon Bar Jonah. There are a couple problems with this being Peter though, for one, it said Simon. That's not his name anymore. And Simon and Jonah (John) were two very popular names anyway. Also, there are no written accounts that show Peter stayed in Jerusalem, but there is that show he went to Rome.
Wish I could provide links for more. I'm on my phone and it never works. Foxnews.com had a small story on it yesterday.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491586 Nov 14, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>What Paul was referring to was certain ordinances listed under the law such as the blood ordinances etc. Christ replaced ordinances like that with Himself which is why we are no longer under the law where we have to offer the blood of animals to cover our sins. Christ did away with those which He replaced with Himself therefore we are no longer under those ordinances of the law. However the rest of the law we are still subject to.
Have you ever done a deep study of the laws? There is nothing wrong with the law. The short coming was not in the law, the short coming is in us. Are not the 10 commandments a part of the law? Would you throw those out as well?
Jesus said The Law will stand valid until the end of the world.

Why do you all lie about Jesus ?

Do you morons even know what The Law is in Judaism ?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#491587 Nov 14, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>My friend, do you know what Christ meant when He stated that He came to "FULFILL" the law and the prophets? I have found that most people that mistakenly think the OT is no longer valid does not know what Christ meant when He stated He came to FULFILL the law and the prophets and hence they end up throwing out the OT. Big mistake.
Did not Christ state that He did not come to destroy the law but to fulfill it? Now if Christ did not destroy the law nor the prophets then those Christians that think the OT is no longer valid has got a HUGE PROBLEM with Christ.
Tony,

Paul declared that the Lord did indeed abolish the Old Testament by His death on the cross.

Colossians 2:14-17

14 having CANCELED the charge of our LEGAL indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; (Old Covenant) he has taken it away, <<<<<nailing it to the cross.>>>>>

15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.

16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

17 <<<<<These are a SHADOW of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.>>>>>

Jesus made no promise to continue the Old Covenant as a law.

In fact, He did ABOLISH the Old Covenant as He kept it PERFECTLY.

It is NOT our law as we are under the Law of Christ.

Old Covenant is called "the Law of Sin and Death".....Law of the Spirit who gives life has SET YOU FREE from the law of sin and death.

Romans 8:2

2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#491588 Nov 14, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>What Paul was referring to was certain ordinances listed under the law such as the blood ordinances etc. Christ replaced ordinances like that with Himself which is why we are no longer under the law where we have to offer the blood of animals to cover our sins. Christ did away with those which He replaced with Himself therefore we are no longer under those ordinances of the law. However the rest of the law we are still subject to.
Tony,

Since Christ has fulfilled the purpose of the Old Covenant which was "to bring us unto Christ," "we are no longer under that law."

Galatians 3:24-25

24 So the law was our GUARDIAN UNTIL Christ came that we might be justified by faith.

25 ~~~~~Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.~~~~~

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#491589 Nov 14, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Ask rose,excuse me, Ladi.
Knit , HUSKEr, Alum FC, seriously..I really have to know, why is it so important to you That you are convinced that I am someone,I'm not .

This,nonsense,has nothing to do with God or your Church.

You are,defending nothing by this,

I don't get it and it's,annoying .

Why not stick to religion ..

If you want to keep using other names, like yesterday , enjoy yourself .
But using a new,name to comment only to me about my childhood ...is not fooling any one ...That was my point ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#491590 Nov 14, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
What, that Husker posts under different names? That's her business. From what I can see, it's pretty easy to figure out who it is especially since her location is always the same. From what Rose has said, she posts under lots of different names and they have a history which it's better to stay out of. I really don't pay that much attention to their squabbles, most here don't. Besides, "she hit me first" is no excuse, Rose.
Well you're right it's,obvious,..probably not worth the comment to the post directed to me ..
And,she hit me, first is,putting it mildly ...however your,right ...some.

I do usually ignore most of it ...the,ratio is,about 10 to 1

But I am human

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#491591 Nov 14, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Ask rose,excuse me, Ladi.
was not talking about you.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#491592 Nov 14, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Knit , HUSKEr, Alum FC, seriously..I really have to know, why is it so important to you That you are convinced that I am someone,I'm not .
This,nonsense,has nothing to do with God or your Church.
You are,defending nothing by this,
I don't get it and it's,annoying .
Why not stick to religion ..
If you want to keep using other names, like yesterday , enjoy yourself .
But using a new,name to comment only to me about my childhood ...is not fooling any one ...That was my point ..
using a different name to personally attack someone shows you their true self and their motive...some people are just clueless Rose and you might as well talk to the wall because your going to get the same response lol
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#491593 Nov 14, 2013
The Jew were the first ones to write of the one Abrahamic god even existing. The Jews wrote that THEY were the one-god's favorite few ... and THAT dogma became the supposed TRUTH.

When the ex-Jew Catholics wrote the new testament, that meant that Jehovah was a liar and the Catholics were telling the truth that a savior had come to change the format and make Catholics the new "chosen few."

I don't believe anything written by theologians ... but if I were to believe any of the dogmas, it would be the dogma of the Jews that wrote that THEY were the chosen few of a Jewish god.

Example of silliness ... the god of Martin Luther's worship would not be the same god of Joseph Smith's worship and yet ... they both worshipped the same supposed god.

If you can't see the stupidity of worshipping the same Jewish god, and trying to make him over into a Catholic, a Protestant, or a Muslim ... then you really ARE being rebellious to what stares you right in the face.

I suggest that "within the theology" if Jehovah had a voice, he would say ... "If you aren't a Jew that practices pure, unadulterated Judaism ... you will NOT be allowed into my Abrahamic Jewish kingdom ... period!!!"
truth

Noranda, Australia

#491594 Nov 14, 2013
my statement is that law never exist
for good and righteousness people

only for corupt devilish satanic wicket evil organization

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491595 Nov 14, 2013
Theology for followers ONLY.

Jehovah speaks from the sky ... "I'm telling you the truth when I say that Jesus was NOT a son of mine. No son of mine would have willingly been baptized by another traitor that turned away from my religion and have been allowed to get away with that behavior.

If you think that 'I'... the one and only Abrahamic god would allow one of my followers to become a Catholic pope, or a Muslim Imam, or a Protestant minister ... you are DEAD wrong!!!"

I am a PROUD leader of only the JEWS and that is 'MY' truth!!!

Out of respect, as I believe in free speech, I'll let all those other gods created by men that came before me speak for their selves. I won't put words in their mouths, as the Jews put words in my mouth."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491596 Nov 14, 2013
Zues ... "Jesus, what on earth, and by all the strict rules of the gods, are YOU doing in a Catholic confessional???"

Jesus ... "I'm a false son of a god! I shouldn't exist, even in imaginations, but that's humans for you. They create images and they won't allow the images to rest in peace."

Zues ... "Well I can relate to your complaints. At one time I was a very popular image of a god, but now, most humans believe that I was simply an ancient myth and that I never existed at all."

Jesus ... "Well, I'm hoping the same for my image, that one day humans will allowed me to rest in peace and get on with their own lives on earth."

Zues ... "From my experience ... they'll keep the myth going until they find something else to entertain their emotions."

Jesus ... "Do you mean a new image of a god."

Zues ... "Yes. If you just be patient, some day they will rarely, if ever, call your name."

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491597 Nov 14, 2013
And now you see how the ex-Christians are worshipping the Wiccan goddess for their new forms of entertainment.

I suggest you don't take your SELF too seriously ... as your fickle mind can fly away with you to places that really don't exist.

Just as some of you don't believe that the goddess exists in the moon ... others won't believe that Jesus exists in a Christian heaven.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#491598 Nov 14, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you did not reply to my request. You deflected, avoided, ignored, but never answered. That's because you can't, so instead of admitting that you were presumptuous in saying that the unbaptized will definitely go to heaven you've chosen to make snide remarks. Duly noted.
Also noted is that you've changed your position somewhat with your last paragraph. Prior to this you stated unequivocally that unbaptized babies will go to heaven - no ifs, ands, or buts. Now you're saying you trust them to God and He is all merciful. Much better and much more in line with Christian teaching. It's always far better to defer to God and let Him speak for Himself, don't you agree?
You have no respect for Kay Marie answer..and pay it no mind.

why should she waste her time...

because you have not done the firs works ..(

WHICH IS BEING BORN AGAIN)

You are dead to any understanding of the truth.

ONE DON'T WASTE THEIR TIME PREACHING IN A GRAVE YARD.

The Bible says ...

Rom_8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken (give life to )your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
~~~
YOU EVIDENTLY HAVE NOT EXPERIENCE THE LIFE THAT THE ABOVE SPEAKS ABOUT..

So posting to you is like talking to the dead...
~~~

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Rom_8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

UNTIL YOU ARE BORN AGAIN ...OF THE SPIRIT..WHAT KAY MARIE POST TO YOU ..WILL BE UNFRUITFUL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 13 hr Kennedy 10,635
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Tue Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web