Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699452 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#491515 Nov 13, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you, the name 'Church of Christ' is already taken. Pick a new one. ;-)
The Catholic Church is the Church of Christ. The name Catholic describes this Church. Universal. There are 23 Catholic Churches in the world. Ethiopian, Oriental, Syrian, Coptic, Alexandrian and of course, Roman to name a few. Peter was the first leader of the Apostles after Christ. He established the Universal (Catholic) Churches in Antioch and Rome, where he was martyred.
Here is what his successor in Antioch, Bishop Ignatius wrote around the turn of the century:
"Wherever the Bishop appears, there let the people be, as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful to Baptize or give communion without the consent of the Bishop, therefore whatever has his approval is pleasing to God, thus will be safe and valid"
Catholic meaning universal NOT the catholic church as you know it today. Not your Roman catholic church.

Location hidden

#491516 Nov 13, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Are you having problems? Sit down, take a breath and T_H_I_N_K . Not hard you know. Well, maybe for you.
typical Christian love that you love to share.

Location hidden

#491517 Nov 13, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Not everything about Christianity is in the bible. You have to use your brain and have faith. So if you make it to Purgatory, you will enter Heaven. There isn't any *time* like we have before we die. pray for the poor souls in Purgatory, they will pray for you.
that makes NO sense...

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491518 Nov 13, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Not everything about Christianity is in the bible.....
LOL

Hardly anything Christians claim is in the Bible....

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491519 Nov 13, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays – CNN Belief Blog ...
religion.blogs.cnn.com/.../pope-francis-churc... ;
Sep 19, 2013 -(CNN)- Pope Francis said the church has the right to express its opinions but not to "interfere spiritually" in the lives of gays and lesbians,...
What a vicar of Christ!!!!!!
Yes, he seems to be.

Jesus never mentions homosexuality once in your Bible. Seems it wasn't important to Him.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491520 Nov 13, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
By Christ, you mean Jesus, right?
And Jesus was so concerned about guys diddling guys that he mentioned it how many times, according to the NT?
Bingo!

Let the Christian lies begin... in... 3... 2... 1...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#491521 Nov 13, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>typical Christian love that you love to share.
Wasn't that lovely ..And here I was,only ..wondering what a FC Alum was,doing commenting on my nuns ...or Alum FC whatever ...as,I know,I've never posed to any one with THAT name ...hmmmmm

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491526 Nov 13, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are saying that Scripture is as wrong as rain!!!
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it....
ROFLMAO

"You're like a rock, Peter. That is the kind of attitude that we need to get our message of Jewish reform to succeed."

Much closer to the original than "I name Peter the first Pope and the Roman Catholic Church now exists!"

Now in which Gospel does Jesus mention Paul by name ?

No rush, I've waited 2000 years for that answer.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#491527 Nov 13, 2013
hojo wrote:
Jesus established a Church
That's according to you.

Jehovah established the major synagogue in the sky. And I heard him say loud and clear ... "hojo ... stop lying that any son of mine supported Christianity."

If you don't believe I channeled Jehovah direct, just ask me and I'll tell you the whole story from start to finish.

I took lessons from your popes on how to fib with a straight face.

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491528 Nov 13, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
My catholic recollections indicate purgatory was the holding tank for heaven.
Nothing mentioned in the bible about this place called purgatory.
Augustine invented purgatory to reduce the population of hell. More recently, Charles Hodge and B. B. Warfield have also attempted to lower the population of hell by developing a postmillenial eschatology and by allowing for the automatic salvation of babies who die in infancy. The reasoning appears to be that if the total number of those who are going to be tormented is relatively small, there is no reason to be unduly concerned. Such reasoning hardly resolves the problem of the morality of God’s character. Whether God inflicted unending torments on one million or on ten billion sinners, the fact would remain that God tormented people everlastingly.

http://www.biblicalperspectives.com/books/imm ...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491529 Nov 13, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Finding the right church is quite easy.
If the churches cast you out, I suggest it will be the best thing that could happen to you, as Jehovah will welcome you into any synagogue in which he finds favor.

Be a Jew
Start today
Jehovah God
Will show the way

Just in jest!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491530 Nov 13, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe thats fair to say. You have your own philosophy, which in many respects is different than many posters on this forum. If everyone thought like you, this forum would have ended 5 years ago.
Most people who have a religious belief were born into it, and taught that way to become what their parents want them to become..........just like them. Believing in God or belonging to an organized religion is more about family tradition than the belief itself.
And those who become disenchanted with one religion often tend to move on in search for what they find pleasing to their emotions in another religion.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491531 Nov 13, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the eternal blast furnace for me, huh?
Rumor has it that Pad will be spending eternity in Islam's furnace.

The gods, more than the "souls" ... enjoy the entertainment.

truth

Hahndorf, Australia

#491532 Nov 13, 2013
they will come in my name
its not me

a nkh=life
where life start

Deceivers and possessors want claim whats is not belong to them.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491533 Nov 13, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's,obvious,you are disillusioned with the RCC.....But don't let the doings,of MEN ...keep you from belief in the only true SOURCE of Comfort
Have you taken to worshipping JEHOVAH???

He's apparently fond of comforting the bereaved ... and especially the disillusioned that end up in Gehenna's fiery pit. He's very understanding in that HE tells them WHY they must spend eternity rejected by HIM.

OH ... the fun of it all is beyond human comprehension. Doesn't it just want to make you as enlightened as Jehovah GOD???

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491534 Nov 13, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to beleive in my Self. That would be my department.
Carry on.
I certainly hope it's only your "department."

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491535 Nov 13, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was turning my life around I was told to not be catholic because they added to the Bible. The opposite was true.
There was no Jesus in the old testament.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

In the quotations of all kinds from the Old Testament in the New, we find a continual variation from the letter of the older Scriptures. First, all the New Testament writers quoted from the Septuagint; correcting it indeed more or less by the Hebrew, especially when it was needful for their purpose; still abiding by it to so large an extent as to show that it was the primary source whence their quotations were drawn. Secondly, the New Testament writers must have frequently quoted from memory. Thirdly, combined with this there was an alteration of conscious or unconscious design. Sometimes the object of this was to obtain increased force. Sometimes an Old Testament passage is abridged, and in the abridgment so adjusted, by a little alteration, as to present an aspect of completeness, and yet omit what is foreign to the immediate purpose. In some cased even greater liberty of alteration is assumed. In some places, again, the actual words of the original text are taken up, but employed with a new meaning.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491536 Nov 13, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I just hate that I never win at bingo down at St. Micheal's.
Is it possible that Jehovah doesn't want you to win?

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491537 Nov 13, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing has changed much except that most civilized countries don't let them commit murder any more. I think that is why they want to turn the USA into a theocracy.
What fun is religion if you can't murder those who offend your gods???

Sarcasm intended.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491538 Nov 13, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Pope Francis is not doing anything different than any other Pope.
That's RIGHT! When he claims to speak for a god, he's also LYING!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Apr 18 G-Tee 10,755
News Pope writes Chile's bishops after receiving sex... Apr 12 Wisdom of Ages 1
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Apr 5 dubiecatholicarch... 3
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Apr 5 helpful links 40
News 'Hell does not exist,' says Pope Francis Apr 5 thepopeonthetwit 3
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... (Aug '17) Feb '18 C Kersey 3
News Vatican mulls putting end to limbo (Apr '07) Feb '18 Leary 43