Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690472 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#491447 Nov 13, 2013
You don't have to wonder WHY the Catholics idolized such an anti-Jewish monster!

The wonder is that any Jews survived.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Catholic encyclopedia

John whose surname "Chrysostom" occurs for the first time in the "Constitution" of Pope Vigilius (cf. P.L., LX, 217) in the year 553 is generally considered the most prominent doctor of the Greek Church and the greatest preacher ever heard in a Christian pulpit.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08452b.htm

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491448 Nov 13, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't find any proof of that. I do find proof that the 20th century atheist regimes were responsible for unimaginable deaths and destruction. In the name of what? They feared their people believing in God..
Are you really that stupid or consummate liar ?

Crusades, Inquisitions, Wars, Genocides etc.

From the murder of Heretics by the Roman Church to the Holocaust, Christianity has murdered millions of innocents in the name of their God.... including other Christians.

Christianity is a cult of hatred and violence.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#491449 Nov 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Within the theology ... are YOU a hypocrite for not bowing before the ONLY Abrahamic creator ... JEHOVAH?
You won't use his name, but you want to steal the name of his supposed traitor son, who you are certain loves you, a Christian, while turning away from his beloved Jewish father.
You are not only deceptive in your goal ... but also you are very GREEDY!
I thought you were an atheist,now all of a sudden you are rallying for Jehovah. June guess what? The word J e h o v a h,was comprised by a British theologian who believed the correct spelling and pronunciation comes from the YHWH.However Yahweh is the most used word to describe YHWH.The Jews call Him LORD,Adonai.They believe(Orthodox especially),that Ha Shem(the Name)is so holy that it is wrong to call the LORD by the name Yahweh,and or Jehovah.

Are you going to become an ORTHODOX JEW? June Jesus is the only ONE who mirrors the dynamic AGAPE(holy unconditional love)of the Father.Idon't know why you hate Him,why are you offended by Him?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#491450 Nov 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
In order to debate theology, I must go into the theology.
I am an Atheist. I suggest you get that straight and stop being so silly!
I will - once you stop talking like a theist.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491451 Nov 13, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't mind I'll use a little catholic theology...
Then you worship Roman Emperors and Popes.

OK
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491452 Nov 13, 2013
St. Augustine (c. 354-430 A.D.), Confessions, 12.14

How hateful to me are the enemies of your Scripture! How I wish that you would slay them (the Jews) with your two-edged sword, so that there should be none to oppose your word! Gladly would I have them die to themselves and live to you!

http://www.yashanet.com/library/fathers.htm

Albuquerque, NM

#491453 Nov 13, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>No, I've done enough research to know that damn near everything has to be verified. When it comes to God, this is my own belief that He/It exists. I just REFUSE to believe that everything came into existence all by itself without an intelligent entity to set the boundaries of physics in perfect order from the hugest galaxies to the tiniest cell in a plant. And also, should I trust man when he tells me that there is no power above his own intellect?
A good example of an apologist's response.

"damn near everything has to be verified."
- except "God", right?

Gotcha - this says it all - thanks for responding.

Like I've stated elsewhere - belief is subjective.

Subjective as the interpretation is, it is still a perception one puts forth.

Unless you can support your verification with facts, which you seem to be unable to do, then all you have is a guess.

How 'bout some honesty with this discussion and not "damn near....."

I understand your position.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#491454 Nov 13, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, when BibleGod penetrates your barrier, tell him to do it in the missionary position lest he suffer cervical vertigo and require the services of Cowboy's witch doctor.
Enjoy your mockery,but that only lasts but a short time,and than who knows Chess,your future beyond the grace will be eternal,where do want to spend an eternity? That is a question you might want to consider,after your mocking words dissapate.

Albuquerque, NM

#491455 Nov 13, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Playing word games now? That's intellectually dishonest, Kay. You quoted me (out of context), and used it to claim that I said something which I didn't. That's also dishonest.
Why don't you just cite chapter and verse where Christ excepted anyone from His command and said they will go directly to heaven upon death as all of you have been claiming.
You seem concerned now with this person, yet your hierarchy has been doing it to its followers for centuries.

Odd.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#491456 Nov 13, 2013
I need a new keyboard,it is skipping letters big time.So if you see a lot of mistakes,that is basically my problem right now with the typos!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491457 Nov 13, 2013
Anti-Semitism went into Protestantism along with Martin Luther
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Although Luther did not invent anti-Jewishness, he promoted it to a level never before seen in Europe. Luther bore the influence of his upbringing and from anti-Jewish theologians such as Lyra, Burgensis,(and John Chrysostom, before them). But Luther's 1543 book, "On the Jews and their lies" took Jewish hatred to a new level when he proposed to set fire to their synagogues and schools, to take away their homes, forbade them to pray or teach, or even to utter God's name. Luther wanted to "be rid of them" and requested that the government and ministers deal with the problem. He requested pastors and preachers to follow his example of issuing warnings against the Jews. He goes so far as to claim that "We are at fault in not slaying them" for avenging the death of Jesus Christ. Hitler's Nazi government in the 1930s and 40s fit Luther's desires to a tee.

http://www.nobeliefs.com/luther.htm

Albuquerque, NM

#491458 Nov 13, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes perfect sense.
If one wants to discuss the Lord of the Rings one must use Tolkein's paradigm. That does not mean one must believe that Midle-Earth is a real place.
You mean there isn't an entrance at the North Pole?

Wait a minute now!!!

:o)

http://www.phfawcettsweb.org/hollowlearth.htm

Albuquerque, NM

#491459 Nov 13, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree totally and well put .he,set the natural laws,into motion .
What gets,me is that if a hurricane hits ..And I pray they don't ..
The atheists are quick to say how,awful God ..in whom.they don't believe made anything ..is,so mean because of the destruction.
Weather is cyclical ..the El NINA AND EL NINO..She much more to do with our climate than AL GORE fly in around in his,private jet ..screeching about global warming ..oh wait the term was now CLIMATE CHANGE
..which may be a result of Him.mission at least one of his lectures due to a,blizzard during a bad winter ..
And they say Faith in a CREATOR is stupid ..But give power to hypocrites.
Amazing
Oh I get it now - "God" created everything, except natural disasters.

You are clueless.

Albuquerque, NM

#491460 Nov 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What does one see, but one's own self-serving opinions?
Why do you keep bringing up or even question the Self, if you don't believe in it?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#491461 Nov 13, 2013
Have a good day everyone,especially you atheistic guys,because each day as it comes one by one,is all you'll have. Beyond the grave only God will let you know what kind of life you will have,after a lifetime of trying to disprove His existance,and spreading the coldness of unbelief to as many as would hear your philosophies.

If GOD does exist,and He does,than not only will you be accountable for yourself and your atheism,but you will be accountable for every one whom you convinced that God does not exist.I hope you do not convert too many people to your dead philosophies, all of their souls will be added to your misery,when you find out God truly does exist and He judges your unbelief.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#491462 Nov 13, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You hit it on the nail Rosey,we must stand alone before Him who Created us,no one will be able to advocate for us,our family,friends and church affiliation will not be with us.BUT,the shed blood of Christ that purchased us,will be seen by the Father,and that will be our only assurance,it is the Lord Jesus who intercedes for us,and only He went to the Cross for all humanity.That is efficient for you to be able to stand righteous before the Father of Lights.
When we receive the Lord Jesus,we are members of His Body,co-heirs,inheriting all that is offered to us by the Father in glory,and that
Nevertheless,the majority of wills honor and distibute assets to blood-related kin that are in one's will.We are virtually blood related to Christ,through His redemption that involved the shedding of His blood which is applied to every sinner who receives the GRACE of God.Grace is a F R E E gift,and Grace ioncludes the Precious Blood of Christ which was poured out for all who will be saved by His grace.
I love this

After living a "decent" life, my time on earth came to an end. The first thing I remember is sitting on a bench in the waiting room of what I thought to be a court house. The doors opened and I was instructed to come in and have a seat by the defense table. As I looked around I saw the "prosecutor", he was a villainous looking gent who snarled as he stared at me, he definitely was the most evil person I have ever seen. I sat down and looked to my left and there sat my lawyer, a kind and gentle looking man whose appearance seemed very familiar to me. The corner door flew open and there appeared the judge in full flowing robes. He commanded an awesome presence as he moved across the room and I couldn't take my eyes off of him. As he took his seat behind the bench he said, "Let us begin." The prosecutor rose and said, "My name is Satan and I am here to show you why this man belongs in Hell." He proceeded to tell of lies that I told, things that I stole and in the past when I cheated others. Satan told of other horrible perversions that were once in my life and the more he spoke, the further down in my seat I sank. I was so embarrassed that I couldn't look at anyone, even my own lawyer, as the Devil told of sins that even I had completely forgotten about. As upset as I was at Satan for telling all these things about me, I was equally upset at my representative who sat there silently, not offering any form of defense at all. I know I had been guilty of those things, but I had done some good in my life -couldn't that at least equal out part of the harm I've done? Satan finished with a fury and said "This man belongs in Hell, he is guilty of all that I have charged and there is not a person who can prove otherwise." When it was his turn, my lawyer first asked if he might approach the bench. The judge allowed this, over the strong objection of Satan, and beckoned him to come forward. As he got up and started walking, I was able to see him now in his full splendor and majesty. Now I realized why he seemed so familiar, this was Jesus representing me, my Lord and my Savior. He stopped at the bench and softly said to the judge "Hi Dad" and then he turned to address the court. "Satan was correct in saying that this man had sinned, I won't deny any of these allegations. And yes, the wage of sins is death and this man deserves to be punished." Jesus took a deep breath and turned to his Father with outstretched arms and proclaimed, "However, I died on the cross so that this person might have eternal life and he has accepted me as his Savior, so he is mine." My Lord continued with "His name is written in the Book of Life and no one can snatch him from me. Satan still does not understand yet, this man is not to be given justice, but rather mercy." As Jesus sat down, he quietly paused, looked at his Father and replied, "There is nothing else that needs to be done, I've done it all."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491463 Nov 13, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I will - once you stop talking like a theist.
That you believe I am a theist is your problem ... not mine.

In order to pick apart all theology, I must be able to discuss theology from it's many precarious systems of belief.

I continually write the term (within the theology) to use it as a disclaimer in the idea that I am NOT personally at all religious.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491464 Nov 13, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep bringing up or even question the Self, if you don't believe in it?
I believe in MY self ... not YOUR self!
Liam

Melrose Park, IL

#491465 Nov 13, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really that stupid or consummate liar ?
Crusades, Inquisitions, Wars, Genocides etc.
From the murder of Heretics by the Roman Church to the Holocaust, Christianity has murdered millions of innocents in the name of their God.... including other Christians.
Christianity is a cult of hatred and violence.
I guess I must be stupid. I don't suppose you have any links from normal historians that shows how Catholics murdered millions? I'm too dumb to read but I could probably ask my son to read out loud to me. Thanks
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#491466 Nov 13, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I thought you were an atheist,now all of a sudden you are rallying for Jehovah.
I'm just pointing out that the Jews relay for Jehovah and the Christians (except for the Jehovah's Witnesses) avoid the name Jehovah comparable to a plague.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Married in 10,658
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov 8 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov 2 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct 30 The Bible Student 1
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct '17 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct '17 The Bible Student 81
More from around the web