Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,891
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
truth

Perth, Australia

#491117 Nov 12, 2013
Now about your judgment..still you not think who put my body lags and hands on Cross INRI.

psalm 68
your god laid command upon your straighten N
earth will rocked itself because N

who is stub born N
go constantly..

now i become you..or somebody else

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#491118 Nov 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hank we can debate all day. Bottom line, baptism adds to the sacrifice of Christ at the cross...period.
and you are saying that folks like Abraham are saved differently than Christians today.
Where (in the OT) does it say that Abrum was "saved"...or Moses for that matter..he wasn't even allowed to enter the promised land.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#491119 Nov 12, 2013
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
Then why don't you instead of giving divorces? You'd rather they live in adulterous unions?

----------
"What God has joined together, let NO man put asunder." The person who remarries after an annulment is also living in adultery". Annul is just another word for 'divorce'.

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#491120 Nov 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Hmmm I wonder what the charges would be.... to get the wrinkles ironed out of a birthday suit...
between purgatory and heaven?
I you can believe the myth about purgatory ...then my question should not be beyond your imagination...
Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

Proverbs 16:28
A dishonest man spreads strife, and a whisperer separates close friends.

Proverbs 6:16-19
There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

Proverbs 21:23
Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble.

Proverbs 20:19
Whoever goes about slandering reveals secrets; therefore do not associate with a simple babbler.

Proverbs 18:8
The words of a whisperer are like delicious morsels; they go down into the inner parts of the body.

James 1:26
If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless.

Psalm 34:13
Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking deceit.

Titus 3:2
To speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people.

Proverbs 11:13
Whoever goes about slandering reveals secrets, but he who is trustworthy in spirit keeps a thing covered.

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#491121 Nov 12, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
SOOO $$$$ FOR AN AMPLE AMOUNT.$$$$, A PRIEST CAN PRAY $$$ YOUR LOVED
ONE
OUT OF THE IMAGINARY PURGATORY ,$$$$
$$$ YOU CAN ALSO PURCHASE AN INDULGENCE.$$$ ALSO....
Does any here know where they can BUY AN OUTFIT FROM THE SAME COMPANY..
THAT MADE EMPERORS NEW CLOTHES?....
Catholics are not compelled to pay for anything,
..when u pass the basket for donation when u pray for people. Duh!

"There can be no absolute certainty in this life about one’s salvation (“[W]ork out your salvation in fear and trembling”[Phil 2:12]). The Church affirms our free will and the necessity of our response (ever by grace) to God’s outreach.

Speaking of knowing the power of Christ’s resurrection, St. Paul wrote,“Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect; but I press on to make it my own”(Phil 3:12). He used the figure of a footrace to tell us in this life we all face the possibility of being lost forever. As for winning “the prize,”“I pommel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified”(1 Cor. 9:27).

Only as we enter purgatory can we have absolute certainty of entering heaven.“All who die in God’s grace and friendship but still imperfectly purified, are indeed assured of their eternal salvation; but after death they undergo purification, so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of heaven” Undergoing purgatory marks the ultimate and final surrender of the soul to God.

“[H]e who has died is freed from sin”(Rom. 6:7)."

Nothing unclean shall enter (Rev.21:27)
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#491122 Nov 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I don't CARE. NEITHER HE NOR HIS WIFE BELIEVES THAT WATER BAPTISM SAVES, ONLY THE BLOOD.
WHY DONT YOU AND OXBOW ACT LIKE YOU GOT SOME COMMON SENSE? YOU MAKE UP LIES TO ATTACK SOMEONE
Have you always been stupid or is it a recent illness? Have you ever made a mistake you moronic imp!! Get over your wonderful self you idiot.

#491123 Nov 12, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Hmmm I wonder what the charges would be.... to get the wrinkles ironed out of a birthday suit...
between purgatory and heaven?
I you can believe the myth about purgatory ...then my question should not be beyond your imagination...
~~~~
If a priest is going to bilk money .... claiming to pray a soul out

of purgatory ..he should at least promise them quality service...

Like the fanning funeral home that promises to fan them as they go down

or the morticians that pipe music into the graves and charge a extra fee for the service.

LOL
truth

Perth, Australia

#491124 Nov 12, 2013
Is error or sin or crime invisible spirit..which can posses and beaten wife but in reality is somebody else..then cover up crime is false justice.

-its exist very low organization
-it exist very high organization
which can or do as they do ruin every person and every family..

Is that you call law or try cover up invisible crime?

I told you every words will past my not.

On Cross INRI
-there is a no Law
-there is a no Mercy
-there is a suffering

a nkh

Location hidden

#491125 Nov 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
well then give me your testimony. how did you come to Christ?
Ah am willing to bet the farm.....he ain't got one!!!!!

#491126 Nov 12, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
They say if the Russian Orthodox and Catholic Churches are to reunite, it would have to go through Putin- or whatever Russian leader is at the helm. I find that difficult to swallow.
Pray for unity. Nothing is impossible with God.

<><
Liam

Chicago, IL

#491127 Nov 12, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Poshhhh...
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Since the man of God is "thoroughly furnished" by all scripture, inspired of God, unto good works....what else is necessary????!!!!
How can he be more "thoroughly furnished"????!!!!
I presume you have the books of Sirach, Maccabees 1&2, and Tobit in your Books? No, why?

#491128 Nov 12, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
or the morticians that pipe music into the graves and charge a extra fee for the service.
LOL
Is that what you do? Aww, now we know.
LOL
truth

Perth, Australia

#491129 Nov 12, 2013

#491130 Nov 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.
Proverbs 16:28
A dishonest man spreads strife, and a whisperer separates close friends.
Proverbs 6:16-19
There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.
Proverbs 21:23
Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble.
Proverbs 20:19
Whoever goes about slandering reveals secrets; therefore do not associate with a simple babbler.
Proverbs 18:8
The words of a whisperer are like delicious morsels; they go down into the inner parts of the body.
James 1:26
If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless.
Psalm 34:13
Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking deceit.
Titus 3:2
To speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people.
Proverbs 11:13
Whoever goes about slandering reveals secrets, but he who is trustworthy in spirit keeps a thing covered.
~~~

I am glad you know all these scriptures above..

have you ever considered applying them to them yourself?...

Jesus said

Mat_23:14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

a pretense ....that a imaginary place called purgatory exist and

charge for the prayers/services

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#491131 Nov 12, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for your kind remarks.I am beginning more and more to think about how man's detailed break down of things re God into Creeds, etc.cause most of the dissention among Christians.We must admit that we do not know how God works what e works. Better we focus on loving God and each other.So I agree with you.Yet I find myself coming to the defense of the own Church I attend. I'll get where I need to be, though.Christ will see to it. Peace
That is,the,work of the,Lord,.

The,sooner we ALL get past the,our Church is,better ..does it better ..etc...And realize GOD knew and allowed for any ERRORS ...And made sure one way or another ..through the ages,...we learned about CHRIST ..HIS,LOVE .....HIS SACRIFICE ..to have FAITH in HIM.

WE might be able to work together. The COMMISION is,to spread the FAITH IN JESUS ...HIS,LOVE ..HIS SACRIFICE...to the ends of the earth until the day of HIS Return..

Neither the announcing of a POPE ..your schism ..the Reformation ..the Evangelical movement ...none of it took Him by surprise ...

And who.AM I ..to say the Love of God is,not in anyone else...

Christ was not a great fan of RELIGION for its own sake ...as the priests seemed to love the TEMPle more than the Father ...

#491132 Nov 12, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that what you do? Aww, now we know.
LOL
I don't believe in purgatory..

The Bible gives the sequence/the direction of a soul ..

it says

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
truth

Perth, Australia

#491133 Nov 12, 2013
how its look purgatory

yes you can pray
i speak last time with my son..

after prayers i see what i have to see
i see man o yes from very sticky watering dust as mud oh.. i pray more and more i see its going first head then lags then another parts body i see face its weak up and totally renew
yee
you can save trough prayers many many many just pray..
don't worry what others try say..they will tell many things..they will declare you ijuju..you you who believe you don't need believe them.. legal documents today are as some as glass of wine for alcoholic people..yes as accusation you have everything for money..but power to see or know you can't have for money.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#491134 Nov 12, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
LOL
Or maybe your $42 million boy Benny Hinn?
Liam

Chicago, IL

#491135 Nov 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Does the Catholic Church still sell indulgences? "
That's like asking, "Have you stopped beating your wife?" The Catholic Church does not now nor has it ever approved the sale of indulgences. This is to be distinguished from the undeniable fact that individual Catholics (perhaps the best known of them being the German Dominican Johann Tetzel [1465-1519]) did sell indulgences--but in doing so they acted contrary to explicit Church regulations. This practice is utterly opposed to the Catholic Church's teaching on indulgences, and it cannot be regarded as a teaching or practice of the Church.
http://www.catholic.com/quickquestions/does-t...
He's gotta know that by now. There is no way this man Confrint, would not know that he just told a lie. I don't get how these people function. I bet he's been corrected a half dozen times on indulgences in the last year.

#491136 Nov 12, 2013
Jesus did not teach purgatory

He said;

Luk 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom:

the rich man also died, and was buried;

Luk 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes,

being in torments, and

seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Luk 16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus,

that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for

I am tormented in this flame.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Crazy 8,631
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... 14 hr pazuzu 9
20 years after collapse of communism, the pope ... (Sep '09) 16 hr God worships Sin ... 2
Man who sold fake immunity papers gets 3 A1 2 y... Mon Economist 1
Bagnasco controversy over sacrament comments as... Nov 23 RevKen 1
Bagnasco 'agrees with pope' Nov 23 RevKen 2
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Nov 21 KidlatNgayon 65

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE