Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641455 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#491352 Nov 13, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay - "all scripture". Gotcha.
Why don't you believe these Jesus' teachings?
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html
Still peddling your fluff ...HUH???

You don't believe the Jews when they claim that (within their theology) Jesus was a fake messiah???

I suggest that the son of a Jewish god would teach only Judaism as being based on the truth.

Within Jewish theology ... the real messiah has yet to come.

They will know him by his faithfulness to Judaism and ONLY Judaism.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#491353 Nov 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Let's look at how many people died because "God" didn't do anything to help prevent in recent events:
- 2004 Indonesian earthquake and tsunami
+ lives lost = 230K+- 280K
- Hurrican Katrina
+ lives lost = 4000+
- Hatia earthquake
+ lives lost = 150K+
- Hurricane Sandy
+ lives lost = 74 (US)
- SuperTyphoon Haiyan
+ currently at 2000+- expected to rise to over 10K
Very clear evidence that "God" either couldn't control these events or chose not to.
The systems of Earth are fixed, in my opinion by God. Everything in weather happens according to a pattern set from the beginning of the planet. Some areas are more prone to incur the more dangerous wraths of weather and weather does not discriminate. A typhoon can't help that people live in the path. The ocean needs to be cleaned whether it's someone on the beach or not. And hurricanes have hit the Americas since before there were inhabitants. These things are not gonna stop happening because they are part of a designed system. Man just have to prepare and deal with them.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#491354 Nov 13, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> He can't
How is it that you know what "God" can or can't do?

You do realize LTM, marge, and Kay Marie also has this ability.

Well they say they do.

They, like you have yet to provide an answer on why you are exclusive to knowing these inner most secrets of "God".

I think you are all just trying to mislead others into a false belief.

But this is your opportunity to prove me wrong.

Please provide tangible evidence that supports your claim that you know what "God" can or cannot do.

LTM, marge, and KM all haven't been able to provide this yet, maybe you can.

We'll eventually discover how honest you really are.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#491355 Nov 13, 2013
John 1:13
They are reborn--not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#491356 Nov 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, whether you are or aren't Catholic, you are an anti-Semitic Christian, who supports the vicious anti-Semitist John Chrysostom.
You never commented one word against his anti-Semitic rants against the Jews ... but rather made a joke in return to me.
That's the icing on the cake concerning your lack of care for the Jews.
If (within the theology) the son of a Jewish god exists to in turn LOVE the likes of you and dear old anti-Semitist John Chrysostom ... he's not only a traitor to his father Jehovah ... he's an absolute tyrant to boot.
==========

JUNES LATEST POST Continuing to lie after several corrections (posts noted)

June VanDerMark|
Well, whether you are or aren't Catholic, you are an anti-Semitic Christian, who supports the vicious anti-Semitist John Chrysostom.

You never commented one word against his anti-Semitic rants against the Jews ... but rather made a joke in return to me.

==========
1.#491231 The Queen of Honesty who straightens out all us believers out all us believers actually lies??? I cant believe it.

June said "and you are now defending his anti-Semitism, which also makes you anti-Semitic"

My First Post Re Chrysostom Reads #491040:

AS for myself, I believe that John has weakness in that particular area AS FOR MYSELF, I BELIEVE THAT JOHN HAS WEAKNESS IN THAT PARTICULAR AREA AND IS ACCOUNTABLE FOR IT, EVEN GIVEN HIS UNPARALLELED CONTRIBUTIONS
==========
2 #491180 Yes, we admitted Chrysostom had this weakness. He was a man. He was not infallible. Noone defended this. Noone justified or minimized this. Somehow you will not admit the facts we presented about him. I guess thats because you are so brutally intellectually honest.
==========

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#491357 Nov 13, 2013
who="ReginaM" <quoted text>
The only thing we can conclude is that the unbaptized are left to God's mercy. No one can speak for Him, as many here are trying to do, unfortunately.
This is why it's so important to stop playing God and have your babies baptized instead of taking matters into your own hands and saying it's of no consequence. Later on people are sorry and then they attempt to play God further by saying what He will or will not do. He never said unbaptized children will go straight to heaven, never!
What He did say is that we *must* be baptized with water and the spirit or we will not see heaven, period.

----------
Putting your first and last lines together, we see that unbaptized babies will not see heaven, period.

Give chapter and verse to "we *must* be baptized or we will not see heaven, period."

KayMarie

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#491358 Nov 13, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
That post was directed at Guest. Not Chuck. And no I don't find any proof. At least, not nearly the scale people wish.
Yesterday was the feast of St. Josephat. He was a Byzantine Catholic who tried to bring peace between the Ukrainian Orthodox and Rome. The Orthodox killed him for it.
Our Pope apologized for sins we committed against our Orthodox brothers. There was no return apology. In fact, you guys won't even refer to us as your brothers...
So you think our two churches are closer to reuniting LOL...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#491359 Nov 13, 2013

Jehovah is the Jewish god.
Are you a Jewish-Atheist?
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jehovah is the only Abrahamic GOD, why are YOU not a Jew???
Within credible theology, a real Jewish messiah would want you to become a JEW ... not a gnostic Christian.
I am an Atheist ... period. But if you argue theology, then I have a need to argue back at what I see is nonsensical "within" the theology.
Now, now - don't be turning this back around at me.

You are the one claiming you "love Jehovah", not me.

Either you are just outright lying, or you really don't know what you are talking about.

But please don't push your limitations back onto me, okay?
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#491360 Nov 13, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
They are born of water and the Spirit, not baptized.
Morning Regina:)
Good morning, Marge (although it's afternoon here)!

That's what baptism is, a rebirth.

Prince George, Canada

#491361 Nov 13, 2013
Christianity ... right from its basic teachings was anti-Semitic.

To teach that an all powerful Jewish god would allow his son to stray from Judaism, is to stretch a story to beyond its limits.

It's comparable to claiming that the pope was ecstatic when Martin Luther decided to start the Protestant religion.

Even within theological discussion ... if it doesn't make sense, it is nonsense.

Can't you just hear Jehovah saying to Jesus ... "I don't mind if you go and support those Christians and take Judaism totally off into the ditch. I'm just fine with that. I'll step out of the picture now and you and the Christians can pretend that I no longer exist as the real god."

Utter nonsense!!! Jehovah would have slapped Jesus upside the head and with a bolt of lightning zapped his physical body into oblivion.

"I sent you to earth to straighten out those wayward Jews, and you disobeyed my commands you spoiled apple. Take THAT and THAT and THAT!!!"
Michael

Canada

#491362 Nov 13, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Something is wrong only in your mind. 1 of 4 parts.
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
(lol)! No eyewitness accounts:

Anyone can write about a dead person and say whatever they like.

........ Tacitus was born 30 yrs after what the bible claims the death of Jesus... lucian was born 92 yrs after. josephus was born 4 yrs after christ of the bible.

.....Can we get writing by someone who was actually there? Doesn't that make sense to you?

You are still believing people who were never there and witnessed anything. You can't verify that the 4 gospels were written by the 4 men associated with them.

You fly by the seat of your pants when it comes to evidence.

........something is wrong!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#491363 Nov 13, 2013
who="ReginaM" <quoted text>
The only thing we can conclude is that the unbaptized are left to God's mercy. No one can speak for Him, as many here are trying to do, unfortunately.
This is why it's so important to stop playing God and have your babies baptized instead of taking matters into your own hands and saying it's of no consequence. Later on people are sorry and then they attempt to play God further by saying what He will or will not do. He never said unbaptized children will go straight to heaven, never!
What He did say is that we *must* be baptized with water and the spirit or we will not see heaven, period.

----------
Putting your first line and last line together, we see that unbaptized babies will not see heaven, period.

Please give us a verse that declares that one can never see heaven if they didn't have opportunity to be baptized?

I've heard of CC nurses squirting water into a mother's womb with a basting instrument, in order to 'baptize' a baby that would be born dead.(Does that mean that one can be baptized after death?)

KayMarie
Michael

Canada

#491364 Nov 13, 2013
Star C.

.....There is not a single contemporary historical mention of Jesus, not by Romans or by Jews, not by believers or by unbelievers, not during his entire lifetime. This does not disprove his existence, but it certainly casts great doubt on the historicity of a man who was supposedly widely known to have made a great impact on the world. Someone should have noticed.

Prince George, Canada

#491365 Nov 13, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
JUNES LATEST POST Continuing to lie after several corrections (posts noted)
June VanDerMark|
==========
1.#491231 The Queen of Honesty who straightens out all us believers out all us believers actually lies??? I cant believe it.
June said "and you are now defending his anti-Semitism, which also makes you anti-Semitic"
My First Post Re Chrysostom Reads #491040:
AS for myself, I believe that John has weakness in that particular area AS FOR MYSELF, I BELIEVE THAT JOHN HAS WEAKNESS IN THAT PARTICULAR AREA AND IS ACCOUNTABLE FOR IT, EVEN GIVEN HIS UNPARALLELED CONTRIBUTIONS
==========
2 #491180 Yes, we admitted Chrysostom had this weakness. He was a man. He was not infallible. Noone defended this. Noone justified or minimized this. Somehow you will not admit the facts we presented about him. I guess thats because you are so brutally intellectually honest.
==========
You started out by praising dear old John, until I brought forth his REAL character, and then you admitted that dear John had a "weakness."

He didn't have a weakness. He had an aim to vilify innocent Jews as Christ-killers and to in turn support the Catholic religion as being based on "Jehovah's" ONLY truth.

You don't fool me with your come-back in trying to justify the reason you adored John Chrysostom ... the rabid hater of Jews.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#491366 Nov 13, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
That post was directed at Guest. Not Chuck. And no I don't find any proof. At least, not nearly the scale people wish.
Yesterday was the feast of St. Josephat. He was a Byzantine Catholic who tried to bring peace between the Ukrainian Orthodox and Rome. The Orthodox killed him for it.
Our Pope apologized for sins we committed against our Orthodox brothers. There was no return apology. In fact, you guys won't even refer to us as your brothers...
So you cant find proof of the immense numbers the Catholic's killed during the Inquisition the Crusades, Etc. but you have conclusive proof of one Orthodox murder commited in 1623.If I were the Vatican I would get a new CSI division. LOl

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#491367 Nov 13, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And, I second that!!!
AMEN!!!
Let the little children come to me ...

Exactly ..was just tryin to clarify that I think he poser is wrong within what her two go on is,teaching these,days ..But I could be wrong on that .

.I just never saw a credible source that Catholics say babies,are in purgatory ..

One poser thinks LIMBO is,still.around....But I believe the most knowledgeable here DO NOT say either purgatory or limbo any more

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#491368 Nov 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And had Jesus existed, he also would have been a homicidal sociopath ... working for the Catholics in Catholic confessionals, while the Catholics were busy torturing and murdering OTHER Jews.
Theology in all religions is based on utter nonsense.
If Jesus existed then he would have been tortured by the Holy Roman Empire for professing to be the King of the Jews as which he was a Jew. The Jewish rabbis would have called for his death for also claiming to be a son of God.....Oh, wait! He WAS tortured by those Romans by which the church was started! And the rabbis DID call for his death for making what was perceived as blasphemous claims!! Soooo, Jesus must have existed....being that there are actual historical records from the land that were preserved against rigorous efforts to destroy them all. To my point, how could Jesus have been a Catholic?! He didn't change Jewish law, he worshipped alongside Jews. Catholics would have been and STILL are considered gentiles.
Michael

Canada

#491369 Nov 13, 2013
Philo the Jewish Philosopher never ever mentions a Jesus and Philo lived during the same time Jesus was suppose to have lived.

.......Philo wrote extensive apologetics on the Jewish religion and commentaries on contemporary politics. About thirty manuscripts and at least 850,000 words are extant. Philo offers commentary on all the major characters of the Pentateuch and, as we might expect, mentions Moses more than a thousand times.

.......Yet Philo says not a word about Jesus, Christianity nor any of the events described in the New Testament. In all this work, Philo makes not a single reference to his alleged contemporary "Jesus Christ", the godman who supposedly was perambulating up and down the Levant, exorcising demons, raising the dead and causing earthquake and darkness at his death.

.....With Philo's close connection to the house of Herod, one might reasonably expect that the miraculous escape from a royal prison of a gang of apostles (Acts 5.18,40), or the second, angel-assisted, flight of Peter, even though chained between soldiers and guarded by four squads of troops (Acts 12.2,7) might have occasioned the odd footnote. But not a murmur. Nothing of Agrippa "vexing certain of the church" or killing "James brother of John" with the sword (Acts 12.1,2). "

.......It simply makes no sense that Philo would not have recorded something about Jesus, vis-a-vis the Jesus described in the book of Mark. Those who argue that Philo would have merely ignored a crowd drawing, miracle working godman because he could not have conceived of the 'logos' in human form merely beg the question that Philo's position would never change, even in the face of negating evidence!

.....Philo never reports ever seeing the godman represented in the Gospels. His silence is glaring. And Philo may well have even provided us with a positive rule out for a real Jesus Christ.

...SOMETHING IS TERRIBLY WRONG!

Prince George, Canada

#491370 Nov 13, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
(lol)! No eyewitness accounts:
Anyone can write about a dead person and say whatever they like.
........ Tacitus was born 30 yrs after what the bible claims the death of Jesus... lucian was born 92 yrs after. josephus was born 4 yrs after christ of the bible.
.....Can we get writing by someone who was actually there? Doesn't that make sense to you?
You are still believing people who were never there and witnessed anything. You can't verify that the 4 gospels were written by the 4 men associated with them.
You fly by the seat of your pants when it comes to evidence.
........something is wrong!
All those characters were created by Catholic theologians, and that includes the mythical Jesus-story that was simply re-warmed from other myths.

They can see the lies ... but they don't WANT to see them, as they want to believe they are SPECIAL ... and I suggest that their greed to perceive their selves as special ... is their down-fall!

Prince George, Canada

#491371 Nov 13, 2013
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

and finally these twenty Jesus Christs (accepting their character for the name) laid the foundation for the salvation of the world, and ascended back to heaven.

1. Chrishna of Hindostan.
2. Budha Sakia of India.
3. Salivahana of Bermuda
4. Zulis, or Zhule, also Osiris and Orus, of Egypt.
5. Odin of the Scandinavians.
6. Crite of Chaldea.
7. Zoroaster and Mithra of Persia.
8. Baal and Taut,“the only Begotten of God,” of Phenicia.
9. Indra of Thibet.
10. Bali of Afghanistan.
11. Jao of Nepaul.
12. Wittoa of the Bilingonese.
13. Thammuz of Syria.
14. Atys of Phrygia.
15. Xamolxis of Thrace.
16. Zoar of the Bonzes.
17. Adad of Assyria.
18. Deva Tat,aud Sammonocadam of Siam.
19. Alcides of Thebes.
20. Mikado of the Sintoos.
21. Beddru of Japan.
22. Hesus or Eros, and Bremrillah, of the Druids.
23. Thor, son of Odin, of the Gauls.
24. Cadmus of Greece.
25. Hil and Feta of the Mandaites.
26. Gentaut and Quexalcote of Mexico.
27. Universal Monarch of the Sibyls.
28. Ischy of the Island of Formosa.
29. Divine teacher of Plato.
30. Holy One of xaca.
31. Fohi and Tien of China.
32. Adonis, son of the virgin Io of Greece.
33. Ision and Quirinus of Rome.
34. Prometheus of Caucasus.
35. Mohammud, or Mahomet, of Arabia.

These have all received divine honors, have nearly all been worshiped as Gods, or sons of Gods; were mostly incarnated as Christs, Saviors, Messiahs, or Mediators; not a few of them were reputedly born of virgins; some of them filling a character almost identical with that ascribed by the Christian’s bible to Jesus Christ; many of them like him, are reported crucified; and all of them, taken together, furnish a prototype and parallel for nearly every important incident and wonder-inciting miracle, doctrine and precept recorded in the New Testament, of the Christian’s Savior. Surely, with so many Saviors the world cannot, or should not, be lost.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) 11 hr Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... 12 hr truth 55
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 10,100
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May 24 Bullet Proof Pope 1
News Pope Francis: Islam's Friend, Christianity's Foe? May 23 naman 1
News Pope Francis meets with victims of child sexual... May 20 humor in everything 2
News Pope says he's willing to study women deacons, ... May 16 Redeemed 3
More from around the web