Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637255 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#491186 Nov 12, 2013
I suggest that the Jews didn't believe that John Chrysostom was a "Golden-mouthed" orator.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Saint John Chrysostom (347 – 407), Greek Ioannes Chrysostomos, early Christian theologian, archbishop of Constantinople, saint. "Chrysostom" means "Golden-mouthed", a tribute to his exemplary talent as an orator.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Main_Page

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#491187 Nov 12, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Rosez: I'm convinced Jesus was written about
At some point in His lifetime.
Michael says........Show me the money? I have yet to see any documentation or evidence during the era of this man Jesus about him, Mary/Joseph, John Baptist, 12 apostles etc. EXCEPT in the NT.
There are thousands of americans who would swear they have been taken up in a space craft by aliens and returned safely to earth.
Show me the cold hard facts, and I will weigh the evidence.
No one knows his date of birth, no one knows what he did for a living to support himself, no one knows what he looked like, and the most important event on the christian calendar his death and resurrection and NOT ONE person knows what those important dates are. Did no one care enough about this man while he lived? Remember the NT claims this man was loved by thousands and performed miracles for thousands and witnessed by thousands more, yet not one writer, scribe, philosopher, roman/jewish government official ever recorded anything in their writings about this man.
Did he really live is more plausable question.
.....something is wrong!!!
I can't sow that which may have been destroyed .

Fact is,we,have accounts,in the life and,death of a,man alive over 2000
Years,ago...whose,flowers,were so moved by Him..That they died in His,name.

Now,..how,many 2000 year ago people,do we,have autobiographies,about ..whose,country was,decimated,..And their Capital was,turned to ashes.

And why would their leaders,have preached in unwAnted places ..facing prison and,death for myth .

The,bible...we're it any other history ..so old ..would be touted as a great find of history..

But because,it's,about Faith in God,..everything was,made up ..

Amazing .

There,are,lost,villages..towns ,and civilizations,that were,conquered that we ONLY KNOW,ABIUT BY fragments,dug up ..

How many people,believed in a,wall fragment from.a,dead civilization..because they found no later calendar ...But each that was real...

Again to the Conquerors,go history and the spoils.

But unlike others,conquered and vanquished
.Christianity just would not go away ...kill them..burn heir Churches..their scrolls ..THEIR FAITH was SPIRITUAL and,did NOT GO INTO THE,NIGHT ..because God willed it to be HIS,FAITH ..the message,spread all over the world . Despite many setbacks ..

Michael it's your Choice to believe or not..absence of writings,OTHER THAN THISE YOU WON'T BELIEVE .does,NOT prove your point .

But niece as,you wish..

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#491188 Nov 12, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Marduk gave him solice.
And Enlil gave him orders through emissaries. Enki persuaded him in(toward) peace while in the northwest, supported him in troops and strategy, material needs, and contacts in the southern areas.(the battle of the 5 kingdoms). The names have been changed is all.

Prince George, Canada

#491189 Nov 12, 2013
There is no question in my mind that the ex-Jew Catholics aimed to kill all the Jews that were faithful to Judaism, in order to make the Catholic religion "UNIVERSAL" in the sense of ruling over all other people of the world.

Catholics were and still are anti-Semitic, and the new testament was created FOR anti-Semitic purposes ... which were anything BUT divine.

Prince George, Canada

#491190 Nov 12, 2013
All in the Abrahamic FOLD should be praying direct to JEHOVAH.

"Those who believeth on me, believeth NOT on me, but on HIM who sent me."

THAT means you damned well better believe in JEHOVAH.

Theology is wacky ... so get used to it if you are going to continue to play with it.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#491191 Nov 12, 2013
......BELIEVE AS YOU WISH...correction..

Look at those poor people with the typhoons .

How,much ..how many books..letters,..family pictures ..a,life's,whole history lost in a,short time ..

Imagine the whole capitol of a country with no internet ..no communications ...besieged then turned to ashes ...what was lost .

However WE DO HAVE THE LUFE OF JESUS recorded by his contemporaries ..

You just don't like what it says ..MICHAEL
Liam

Chicago, IL

#491192 Nov 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
"I" ..."I" ... "I" ... on and on ... it's always about the "I" ...
I suggest that all religion is a one-sided human AFFAIR.
What's wrong? nobody is reading and responding to your posts anymore? Lol
You interrupt our conversations to quickly slide in your insult.. Like an annoying mosquito. Scram. We get it already. You think religion is dumb. you think Jesus is silly. blah blah. Go knit a sweater. Its winter now.
:-)
marge

Ames, IA

#491194 Nov 12, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I presume you have the books of Sirach, Maccabees 1&2, and Tobit in your Books? No, why?
http://www.gotquestions.org/canonicity-script...
Liam

Chicago, IL

#491195 Nov 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
There is no question in my mind that the ex-Jew Catholics aimed to kill all the Jews that were faithful to Judaism, in order to make the Catholic religion "UNIVERSAL" in the sense of ruling over all other people of the world.
Catholics were and still are anti-Semitic, and the new testament was created FOR anti-Semitic purposes ... which were anything BUT divine.
You should go make an omlet for your husband.
:-) you'd be surprised what a nice omlet can do for a relationship.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#491196 Nov 12, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
He's gotta know that by now. There is no way this man Confrint, would not know that he just told a lie. I don't get how these people function. I bet he's been corrected a half dozen times on indulgences in the last year.
He doesn't give a rat's behind that he's lying and spreading false witness. He's a bitter old whitewashed tomb.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#491198 Nov 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
you have no proof o a place called purgatory...
what Benny Hinn does is witnessed by thousands
those your priest bilk $ from have nothing but your word..
no one has given any witness to it ever...and it is not found in the Bible
like most of you conjecture it is assumed into the word of God...
If it is not to make $$$ why is it conjured up?
Benny Hinn is worth $42 million. Give me an example of a priest collecting money for indulgences (other than your hearsay).

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#491199 Nov 12, 2013
who="Liam" <quoted text>
Let me get this straight: you're a self ordained minister. You thought somethin about another group of people that turned out to be false; you ignore the truth you learned and continue on smearing them with a lie? What are you going to say to Jesus when you meet him?

----------
He is licensed by an International organization.
KM
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#491200 Nov 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Posted this Sunday ..this,morning and,now,
To the Catholics here,..I realize that what I believe does,not matter
Except to me and my Lord
. In reflection..I think your,CHURCH today...would,NOT be the,bastion of faith it is,to you ..if NOT for the,Reformation ...And,the,wide,distribution of God's,word ever since . In other words,I think it was a,good thing for All of us,.BUT I KNOW YOU ALL DON'T SEE IT .
I apologize,...as,sometime I am wrong in trying to make,a,point I want you to see,. Maybe it's because,as,a,child I believed in blind faith in the wonderful nuns,who helped raise me .. And yet learning many things,about the,Church itself ..IN THE PAST ..was,disillusionment.for me . And then discovering the changes,since I was a child on such things,as evolution...shook.me badly ..
HOWEVER ....in the long run..WHAT I FEEL is NOT important ..except between God,and myself .. So I apologize for any anger and,dissonance on my part .
I believe ..GOD WILL sort out our differences,in worship . He knows each heart and,soul here ..
Nicks,post about FALLING IN LOVE WITH OUR LORD ..was,spot on the subject of Christianiy
Those who.met Jesus,in person ...And who meet Him.in their hearts today ..FALL IN LOVE eith the Son of God ..our Lord Jesus, GOD BLESS US,ALL IN CHRIST
And may God bless you too.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#491201 Nov 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe that without Christianity, the creator of the Native Indians would have rejected the Native Indians?
You are indeed a very arrogant Christian.
THE CREATOR REJECTS NO ONE, GOD WILL RECIEVE ALL WHO COME TO HIM.
People reject the creator, people like yourself.
Your are very arrogant, being wise in your own eyes you have become a fool.

Prince George, Canada

#491202 Nov 12, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong? nobody is reading and responding to your posts anymore?
When did you start believing that you are a "nobody???"

:)

Prince George, Canada

#491203 Nov 12, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
THE CREATOR REJECTS NO ONE, GOD WILL RECIEVE ALL WHO COME TO HIM.
That's really, really good news. And that does away with all those nasty hells in so many, many religions.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#491204 Nov 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
And may God bless you too.
Thanks,.

I've prayed,long and hard,on this,.

As,with Jesus in His,time ..what we,do today in our lives..our
CHURCHES...counts more in OUR lives than what has been done in the past...especially centuries ago ...

I BELUEVE all who love JESUS in the future..May have to prove their love in wAys we cannot fathom.

And those who hate us FIR that love ...hate us all..

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#491205 Nov 12, 2013
StarC wrote:
Communion to Divorced-Remarried Catholics: The CDF Says No (8808)
NEWS ANALYSIS
by ANDREA GAGLIARDUCCI 10/25/2013 Comments (92)
Archbishop Gerhard Ludwig Müller, prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith
– Catholic News Agency
That Pope Francis is not going to change the discipline that denies Communion to
divorced-remarried people is established by the long article Archbishop Gerhard
Ludwig Müller, prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, drafted for the Vatican daily newspaper L’Osservatore Romano.
In the article, published on Oct. 22, Archbishop Müller reiterates that a Christian marriage is indissoluble and that this is not simply a pastoral question, but a doctrinal issue that involves the Church’s theological understanding of the sacrament of marriage.
There are also other key passages. Archbishop Müller stated that the Orthodox practice of allowing second or third marriages under certain circumstances “cannot be reconciled with God’s will.” He rejected that the individual conscience can be the final arbiter on whether a divorced and civily remarried Catholic can receive Communion. And responding to the argument that Christian mercy mandates allowing such Catholics reception of Communion, he asserted that “an objectively false appeal to mercy also runs the risk of trivializing the image of God by implying that God cannot do other than forgive.”
Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/communio...
==========

Since we brought the Orthodox into it:

In 1992 the Apostolic Signatura stated their tribunals are giving too many declarations of nullity on psychological grounds

The American divorce mentality has spread to a Catholic American annulment mentality

Annulments are not Divorces- A decree of nullity from the Church is a recognition, based on the evidence given, that A MARRIAGE in the Catholic and Biblical sense of the word NEVER EXISTED.

Hence, since a person has not in fact been joined by God they are free to marry in the future. In such a case a person does not violate our Lord’s declaration that one who divorces their spouse and marries another commits adultery (cf Matt 19:9).

See, for the Catholics its about the rule. That's the reason for all the contradictions and double speak.

For the Orthodox it is about the Spirit within the laws. The law is there, but it is about coming closer to God spiritually.

THE MARRIAGE NEVER EXISTED.!!!!!!

The Church says something. Then they say something different. But it really isn't different. Its a deeper truth of the same thing. Or it was misunderstood. Or it was in this category or that category of rule so it wasn't firm. etc etc etc

The Orthodox church sees divorce as a tragedy. Yet the Orthodox are not afraid of Truth or Reality. The Orthodox Church says the marriage did happen. The marriage itself is a church and must include Christ.

If the marriage cannot be reconciled after counseling and there is sincerity, it may have been harmful spiritually to the divorced person to remain in the marriage.

The Orthodox Church proposes that the unity of the married couple cannot be kept through juridical obligation alone. There must be real unity. Spiritual unity. It must be like an internal symphony.

After spiritual examination, prayer, and counseling, when one cannot salvage anything of this symphony,“then the bond that was originally considered indissoluble is already dissolved and the law can offer nothing to replace grace and can neither heal nor resurrect, nor say:‘stand up and go’”.[23]

The church is concerned that there are instances in which may even lead to loss of the soul.

Chrysostom says “better to break the covenant than to lose one’s soul”.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#491206 Nov 12, 2013
StarC wrote:
Communion to Divorced-Remarried Catholics: The CDF Says No (8808)
NEWS ANALYSIS
by ANDREA GAGLIARDUCCI 10/25/2013 Comments (92)
Archbishop Gerhard Ludwig Müller, prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith
– Catholic News Agency
That Pope Francis is not going to change the discipline that denies Communion to
divorced-remarried people is established by the long article Archbishop Gerhard
Ludwig Müller, prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, drafted for the Vatican daily newspaper L’Osservatore Romano.
In the article, published on Oct. 22, Archbishop Müller reiterates that a Christian marriage is indissoluble and that this is not simply a pastoral question, but a doctrinal issue that involves the Church’s theological understanding of the sacrament of marriage.
There are also other key passages. Archbishop Müller stated that the Orthodox practice of allowing second or third marriages under certain circumstances “cannot be reconciled with God’s will.” He rejected that the individual conscience can be the final arbiter on whether a divorced and civily remarried Catholic can receive Communion. And responding to the argument that Christian mercy mandates allowing such Catholics reception of Communion, he asserted that “an objectively false appeal to mercy also runs the risk of trivializing the image of God by implying that God cannot do other than forgive.”
Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/communio ...
==========

Since we brought the Orthodox into it:

A Blog for Dallas Area Catholics
Dean of Roman Rota – reform Canon 1095!

CANON 1095 (1983) IS THE PART OF CANON LAW LIKELY EGREGIOUSLY ABUSED BY MANY, PRIMARILY AMERICAN, MARRIAGE TRIBUNALS TO GRANT TENS OF THOUSANDS OF ANNULMENTS A YEAR. The Code of Canon Law released in 1983 radically liberalized the grounds for granting annulments by adding a pseudo-psychological provision. The Dean of the Roman Rota, the supreme marriage tribunal of the Church, asks that it be reformed:

Speaking at a conference in Rome, the dean of the Roman Rota suggested the need for a more rigorous interpretation of a provision in canon law that is cited in many annulment cases.
POLISH BISHOP ANTONI STANKIEWICZ, DEAN OF THE ROMAN ROTA, THE VATICAN COURT THAT HANDLES MOST MARRIAGE CASES ANTONI STANKIEWICZ SAID THAT THE CURRENT READING OF CANON 1095 (1983) WOULD SUGGEST THAT “IT’S ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO GET MARRIED, IN VIEW OF THE CURRENT CULTURAL SITUATION.” CANON 1095 STIPULATES THAT A VALID MARRIAGE MAY BE IMPOSSIBLE BECAUSE OF “CAUSES OF A PSYCHOLOGICAL NATURE

EVEN COUPLES MARRIED FOR DECADES WHO RAISED CHILDREN AND WERE PILLARS OF THE COMMUNITY, AND WHO EXHIBITED LITTLE OR NO DISCORD, CAN GET ANNULMENTS WHEN ONE OR BOTH PARTIES BECOME DISSATISFIED AND FILE FOR DIVORCE.

IT MAKES IT SO THAT, INSTEAD OF MARRIAGE BEING INDISSOLUBLE, IT IS VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE AN INDISSOLUBLE MARRIAGE.

All marriages have rocky periods or one or both partners with some psychological shortcoming.

Thus, no marriage is really valid, with the way the law is interpreted now

Some Church tribunals—particularly in the US—have interpreted that canon liberally to mean that a marriage can be annulled if the parties show any signs of psychological problems

NOTING THAT VERY FEW PEOPLE ARE ENTIRELY FREE OF PSYCHOLOGICAL PROBLEMS, POLISH BISHOP ANTONI STANKIEWICZ, DEAN OF THE ROMAN ROTA, THE VATICAN COURT THAT HANDLES MOST MARRIAGE CASES

STANKIEWICZ SUGGESTED THAT THE CANON SHOULD BE UNDERSTOOD TO REFER TO PSYCHOLOGICAL PROBLEMS SERIOUS ENOUGH TO PREVENT SOMEONE FROM GIVING PROPER CONSENT IN A MARITAL VOW.

Based on their use of psychological problems like immaturity, depression, mania, etc., as grounds for divorce, it can and has been argued that EVERYONE with those problems is not validly married. SUCH LIBERAL INTERPRETATIONS HAVE, THUS, MADE A MOCKERY OF THE SACRAMENT.

Prince George, Canada

#491207 Nov 12, 2013
The good new is that Jehovah won't shut anybody out of his kingdom for lack of belief in Jesus ... as even Jehovah doesn't believe in the existence of Jesus.

Isn't that wonderful news???

We can all go straight to Jehovah for our blessings and curses and in turn he will dish them out in equal portions to all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Biden to see Pope Francis, discuss cancer cures... Fri serfs up 6
News Archbishop of Cologne Blasts Germany's Anti-Isl... Fri Marie-Luise_J 6
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Apr 28 Im Just Saying 10,081
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Apr 19 Tough Guy 6
News Pope Rescues 12 Muslims To Demonstrate How Euro... Apr 18 The_Prophet_Had_LICE 5
News Pope's Refugee Airlift Was Last-Minute 'Inspira... Apr 18 Jim 1
News Pope Francis urges greater acceptance of homose... Apr 18 Sansamore 31
More from around the web