Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 681699 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#491093 Nov 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
well then give me your testimony. how did you come to Christ?
Baptized into Christ as an infant. Been faithfully serving Him since. How's that?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491094 Nov 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The,washing is by the BLOOD of Christ....
You bath in human blood ?

That is sick.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#491095 Nov 12, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your testimony, Chuck? Why do you grow to hate the Catholic Church? They didn't give you what you want and you went elsewhere. That's the same 'ol song from all of ya. It didn't work for me. It wasn't what I wanted. I prefer my Christianity like such and such...
Hey, i disagree with the Church on some things too. But Our Lord didn't install a designer Christianity.
He was raised Catholic, his family is still Catholic I think, of course they're going to hell according to Chuck.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#491096 Nov 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
a little late to the party Tony.
Still think faith alone will save you, eh Chuck?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#491097 Nov 12, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
right! the story makes no sense.
..... A baby claimed to be the son of God born into a belief system (jewish) that does not believe in sons of God. This baby grows up as the son of God, devoutly practices this non believing sons of God religion, and only a very short time before he dies for being claimed a heretic of his own belief starts an entirely new belief system, leaving all his former fellow believers behind. His NEW religion has no rules and regulations, no formal plan of operation, no people in positions of authority. HUH!
No wonder it took 300 years and Emperor Constantine a sun-worshiping leader huddled with early christian fathers to help create a story about a man who supposedly died 300 years before.
No one word ever mentioned about this God/man during the time he lived, yet the only source of his story written decades after he supposedly died claims he was loved by thousands..........but no one thought him important enough to write about him while he lived.
..........something is wrong!
Michael ..unlike others ..I'm convinced Jesus was written about
At some point in His lifetime.
People may have sent messages to family ..come hear this rabbi...
Matthew may have written parts of what later became his gospel ...
To at the very least immortalized his,words ..like a diary .
The temple priests I'm sure wrote about Him.
Not that their words,would have been complimentary .
Herod scribes might have ..his sorcerors...
The CHURCH in Jerusalem may have had scrolls besides the letters sent out

Now aside from tHE GOSPELS later completed ..the letters between believers ....That we have ..

where or where could these letters
And writings about Jesus possibly be .
Where are the writings on other TEMPLE or Palace business ...kept in he SAFEST vaults of the period .
The records ..scrolls ..monies collected ...even some of the writings and property of Rome .

WITHIN 40 years ..Jerusalem was first occupied by the zealots and then totally destroyed ..nothing left But the wailing wall ...

Any common Jew,who might have had a letter ...dispersed to heaven know where.

To the Vicor belong THE SPOILS ...AND HISTORY ...how many conquered tribes of Germany and other cities have all of their historical articles preserved ....the Romans burned and took slaves or killed all the rebels

Persecuted Christians else where imprisoned and killed ...But I'm sure,ROME saved all their possessions .????? Any writings???? Since they loved CHRISTIANS ..

Had there NOT BEEN COPIES of these letters,and writings ..we would have nothing ..

Now today we have printing presses ..copy machines ..internet .

Back then kings wrote and rewrote history ...

And you think because there is nothing left written'''that Jesus did not exist .....You are not even thinking logically ..IMO.
StarC

Los Angeles, CA

#491098 Nov 12, 2013
Catholic News------

ROME — Pope Francis will meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Nov. 25 at the Vatican, according to the director of the Holy See Press Office, Father Federico Lombardi.
On the following day, the Holy Father will meet with the president of Italy, Giorgio Napolitano.
The first meeting between Pope Francis and the Russian president comes after the Holy Father sent Putin a letter on Sept. 5, at the opening of the G-20 summit, calling on the group’s leaders to set aside the “useless” search for a military solution to the conflict in Syria and to pursue a peaceful resolution through dialogue and negotiation.
Upon his election to the papacy, Pope Francis received a letter of congratulations from Patriarch Kirill of the Russian Orthodox Church in which he expressed his hope that Orthodox and Catholic believers would join forces to defend persecuted Christians in the world and to promote traditional values amidst growing widespread secularism.
Pope Francis will be the third pope to meet with President Putin. On March 13, 2007, the Russian leader met with Benedict XVI; and although he did not invite Pope Benedict to visit Russia, despite hopes that he would, the meeting did mark a turning point in relations with then-Russian Orthodox Patriarch Alexis II.

Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/pope-fra...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#491099 Nov 12, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Commendable post NASL,common sense and human endeavor to help rather than to judge!
http://www.samaritanspurse.org/

They ate present ..helping ..practical ..loving and Christian..at every disaster .

Have a,huge typhoons relief program going .

Are rated four stars with Charitynavigator.

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm...

MAY I SUGGEST THAT ANY CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTIONS .
CHECK OUT ON THAT NAVIGATOR SITE .

SO MUCH MONEY WAS,POURED INTO HAITI AND DARFUR ...never getting to the people ....
StarC

Los Angeles, CA

#491100 Nov 12, 2013
Communion to Divorced-Remarried Catholics: The CDF Says No (8808)
NEWS ANALYSIS

by ANDREA GAGLIARDUCCI 10/25/2013 Comments (92)

Archbishop Gerhard Ludwig Müller, prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith
– Catholic News Agency
That Pope Francis is not going to change the discipline that denies Communion to

divorced-remarried people is established by the long article Archbishop Gerhard

Ludwig Müller, prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, drafted for the Vatican daily newspaper L’Osservatore Romano.
In the article, published on Oct. 22, Archbishop Müller reiterates that a Christian marriage is indissoluble and that this is not simply a pastoral question, but a doctrinal issue that involves the Church’s theological understanding of the sacrament of marriage.
There are also other key passages. Archbishop Müller stated that the Orthodox practice of allowing second or third marriages under certain circumstances “cannot be reconciled with God’s will.” He rejected that the individual conscience can be the final arbiter on whether a divorced and civily remarried Catholic can receive Communion. And responding to the argument that Christian mercy mandates allowing such Catholics reception of Communion, he asserted that “an objectively false appeal to mercy also runs the risk of trivializing the image of God by implying that God cannot do other than forgive.”

Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/communio...
Michael

Canada

#491101 Nov 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael ..unlike others ..I'm convinced Jesus was written about
People may have sent messages to family ..come hear this rabbi...
Matthew may have written parts of what later became his gospel ...
To at the very least immortalized his,words ..like a diary .
The temple priests I'm sure wrote about Him.
Not that their words,would have been complimentary .
Herod scribes might have ..his sorcerors...
The CHURCH in Jerusalem may have had scrolls besides the letters sent out
Now aside from tHE GOSPELS later completed ..the letters between believers ....That we have ..
where or where could these letters
And writings about Jesus possibly be .
Where are the writings on other TEMPLE or Palace business ...kept in he SAFEST vaults of the period .
The records ..scrolls ..monies collected ...even some of the writings and property of Rome .
WITHIN 40 years ..Jerusalem was first occupied by the zealots and then totally destroyed ..nothing left But the wailing wall ...
Any common Jew,who might have had a letter ...dispersed to heaven know where.
To the Vicor belong THE SPOILS ...AND HISTORY ...how many conquered tribes of Germany and other cities have all of their historical articles preserved ....the Romans burned and took slaves or killed all the rebels
Persecuted Christians else where imprisoned and killed ...But I'm sure,ROME saved all their possessions .????? Any writings???? Since they loved CHRISTIANS ..
Had there NOT BEEN COPIES of these letters,and writings ..we would have nothing ..
Now today we have printing presses ..copy machines ..internet .
Back then kings wrote and rewrote history ...
And you think because there is nothing left written'''that Jesus did not exist .....You are not even thinking logically ..IMO.
Rosez: I'm convinced Jesus was written about

Michael says........Show me the money? I have yet to see any documentation or evidence during the era of this man Jesus about him, Mary/Joseph, John Baptist, 12 apostles etc. EXCEPT in the NT.

There are thousands of americans who would swear they have been taken up in a space craft by aliens and returned safely to earth.

Show me the cold hard facts, and I will weigh the evidence.

No one knows his date of birth, no one knows what he did for a living to support himself, no one knows what he looked like, and the most important event on the christian calendar his death and resurrection and NOT ONE person knows what those important dates are. Did no one care enough about this man while he lived? Remember the NT claims this man was loved by thousands and performed miracles for thousands and witnessed by thousands more, yet not one writer, scribe, philosopher, roman/jewish government official ever recorded anything in their writings about this man.

Did he really live is more plausable question.

.....something is wrong!!!
Michael

Canada

#491102 Nov 12, 2013
StarC wrote:
Communion to Divorced-Remarried Catholics: The CDF Says No (8808)
NEWS ANALYSIS
by ANDREA GAGLIARDUCCI 10/25/2013 Comments (92)
Archbishop Gerhard Ludwig Müller, prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith
– Catholic News Agency
That Pope Francis is not going to change the discipline that denies Communion to
divorced-remarried people is established by the long article Archbishop Gerhard
Ludwig Müller, prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, drafted for the Vatican daily newspaper L’Osservatore Romano.
In the article, published on Oct. 22, Archbishop Müller reiterates that a Christian marriage is indissoluble and that this is not simply a pastoral question, but a doctrinal issue that involves the Church’s theological understanding of the sacrament of marriage.
There are also other key passages. Archbishop Müller stated that the Orthodox practice of allowing second or third marriages under certain circumstances “cannot be reconciled with God’s will.” He rejected that the individual conscience can be the final arbiter on whether a divorced and civily remarried Catholic can receive Communion. And responding to the argument that Christian mercy mandates allowing such Catholics reception of Communion, he asserted that “an objectively false appeal to mercy also runs the risk of trivializing the image of God by implying that God cannot do other than forgive.”
Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/communio...
What discipline was there for the many roman catholic bishops/priests who lied, deceived and covered up sexual sins of their own, committing sins themselves, but still giving themselves the Eucharist at every mass they said?

HUH!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#491104 Nov 12, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The Apostle Paul continues I believe in Romans Chapter 5) by pointing out that he was alive when he was apart from the law.
Then, when the commandment came, sin came alive and I died.
Do you understand this, Chuck?
I do not think.one bible believing Christian Here,has,not been baptized ..nor do they NOT believe in it as,following eh a Christ wants,..

The,difference is,in BELIEF in what power it has,...from.what I'm.reading

Catholics,believe the sacrament washes sins of babies,.But that they must then be raised in true belief ...FAITH in Christ .And His,Shrd blood ...And receive other sacraments,

Others,believe we must have FAITH and SHOULD be baptized ..But that is,ONLY THE BLOOD that washes,US,clean

You believe IN FAITH..But that the ACT of Baptism washes,US,clean ..

Seems,to.me,..one way or another ..WE ALL ACKNOWLEDGE CHRIST as SAVIUOR ...AND HAVE FAITH IN HIM.AS,LORD,..

ALL.OF US,BELIEVE IN REPENTING SIN .

Seems,to Me..God will sort out these differences .
He,alone knows each heart.

I'm kind of with Pad on this one ..

ITS CHRIST AND EACH AND EVERY INDIVIDUAL SOUL

at judgement ...we will be on our own...with CHRIST .
NO CHURCH OR BRETHREN BEHIND US,..JUST ME and Him
Michael

Canada

#491105 Nov 12, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> I do know him. I know he runs, its even on the internet.Plus, there will be many more cheering them on from the sidelines along the route. But the most important team of all are those who are committed to praying for vocations for 26.2 minutes each while Bishop Conley is running the marathon.
Spirit Catholic Radio is one of the sponsors for the event. The other sponsors include the Catholic Foundation for the Diocese of Lincoln, the diocesan Office for Vocations, Serra Club (a lay group that supports priestly vocations) and Gloria Deo, a locally owned Catholic bookstore.
"This is an exciting event," said Ryan Broker, development director for the Lincoln office of Spirit Catholic Radio. "The bishop asked for our assistance and partnership in this, and there’s no way we would refuse."
The radio station created a page on their web site where people can pledge their 26.2 minutes of prayer. In return, those who sign up received a free guide for praying for vocations. The first 200 who signed up also received a t-shirt from the Catholic Foundation, supporting the bishop’s run for vocations.
Also, the station’s Bluebird Mobile Studio will be parked along the marathon route on Mile 4, which happens to include the Chancery parking lot at 3400 Sheridan Blvd.
"It will serve as the main meeting place and location for those individuals wishing for a good spot to cheer on the bishop and pray for vocations," Mr. Broker said.
Other cheering sites will be hosted at 10th and South (Mile 11); Antelope Park (Miles 16-17 and 23 on the return); the turnaround point at Holmes Lake (Miles 19-20); and the finish outside Memorial Stadium.
"I expect a good crowd of ‘pray-ers’ will be on the route to cheer on the bishop and the other runners," Mr. Broker predicted.
He added, "There are few things, if any, more important than praying for an increase of vocations to the priesthood and religious life."
The Bishop will also be celebrating a pre-race Runner’s Mass for runners signed up for the full and half marathons plus their families and other supporters. The Mass will be celebrated at the Blessed John XXIII Diocesan Center chapel, 3700 Sheridan Blvd., at 5 p.m. Saturday, May 4.
To pledge your 26.2 minutes of prayer support for vocations during the Lincoln Marathon, or to sign up to run with Bishop Conley (if you are already registered for the marathon) visit spiritcatholicradio.com .
Husky du says........ those who are committed to praying for vocations.

Michael says.........and what does praying for vocations actually do? Do the prayers actually beam into a male catholics mind and convince him to join a seminary? HUH!

If God has a divine plan for each of us, then praying is trying to change Gods plan..........thats not very nice. Praying might make the person praying feel good, but sorry to tell you its a waste of time.

I am sure Muslims, Jews pray just as hard as christians and they to claim that magic happens to them..........but christians would say that Jews and Muslims prayers don't work.

Liam

Chicago, IL

#491106 Nov 12, 2013
StarC wrote:
Catholic News------
ROME — Pope Francis will meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Nov. 25 at the Vatican, according to the director of the Holy See Press Office, Father Federico Lombardi.
On the following day, the Holy Father will meet with the president of Italy, Giorgio Napolitano.
The first meeting between Pope Francis and the Russian president comes after the Holy Father sent Putin a letter on Sept. 5, at the opening of the G-20 summit, calling on the group’s leaders to set aside the “useless” search for a military solution to the conflict in Syria and to pursue a peaceful resolution through dialogue and negotiation.
Upon his election to the papacy, Pope Francis received a letter of congratulations from Patriarch Kirill of the Russian Orthodox Church in which he expressed his hope that Orthodox and Catholic believers would join forces to defend persecuted Christians in the world and to promote traditional values amidst growing widespread secularism.
Pope Francis will be the third pope to meet with President Putin. On March 13, 2007, the Russian leader met with Benedict XVI; and although he did not invite Pope Benedict to visit Russia, despite hopes that he would, the meeting did mark a turning point in relations with then-Russian Orthodox Patriarch Alexis II.
Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/pope-fra...
They say if the Russian Orthodox and Catholic Churches are to reunite, it would have to go through Putin- or whatever Russian leader is at the helm. I find that difficult to swallow.
StarC

Los Angeles, CA

#491107 Nov 12, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael says........Show me the money? I have yet to see any documentation or evidence during the era of this man Jesus about him, Mary/Joseph, John Baptist, 12 apostles etc. EXCEPT in the NT.
There are thousands of americans who would swear they have been taken up in a space craft by aliens and returned safely to earth.
No one knows his date of birth, no one knows what he did for a living to support himself, no one knows what he looked like, and the most important event on the christian calendar his death and resurrection and NOT ONE person knows what those important dates are. Did no one care enough about this man while he lived? Remember the NT claims this man was loved by thousands and performed miracles for thousands and witnessed by thousands more, yet not one writer, scribe, philosopher, roman/jewish government official ever recorded anything in their writings about this man.
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Something is wrong only in your mind. 1 of 4 parts.

http://m.youtube.com/watch...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#491108 Nov 12, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
However, for a small Paypal transaction I can assure a place in Valhalla when you die.
<smile>
~~~

SOOO $$$$ FOR AN AMPLE AMOUNT.$$$$, A PRIEST CAN PRAY $$$ YOUR LOVED

ONE

OUT OF THE IMAGINARY PURGATORY ,$$$$

$$$ YOU CAN ALSO PURCHASE AN INDULGENCE.$$$ ALSO....

Does any here know where they can BUY AN OUTFIT FROM THE SAME COMPANY..

THAT MADE EMPERORS NEW CLOTHES?....
StarC

Los Angeles, CA

#491109 Nov 12, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
What discipline was there for the many roman catholic bishops/priests who lied, deceived and covered up sexual sins of their own, committing sins themselves, but still giving themselves the Eucharist at every mass they said?
HUH!
Same discipline that a weak person like yourself has.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#491110 Nov 12, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Approx 33 years old. The month of his birth would probably be Oct. He worked with his father as a carpenter I assume. How many men are described in detail as to say what he looks like, almost nobody. Jesus lived a very quiet life growing up and he more than likely was just another kid in the village and not thought of in any other way until he started his ministry. 1st century Romano-Jewish historian Flavius Josephus include references to Jesus and the origins of Christianity.[1][2] Josephus' Antiquities of the Jews, written around 93–94 AD, includes two references to Jesus in Books 18 and 20 and a reference to John the Baptist in Book 18.[1][3]

Scholarly opinion on the total or partial authenticity of the reference in Book 18, Chapter 3, 3 of the Antiquities to the execution of Jesus by Pontius Pilate, a passage usually called the Testimonium Flavianum, varies.[4][5][1]
The Testimonium Flavianum (meaning the testimony of Flavius [Josephus]) is the name given to the passage found in Book 18, Chapter 3, 3 of the Antiquities in which Josephus describes the condemnation and crucifixion of Jesus at the hands of the Roman authorities.[52][5] The Testimonium is likely the most discussed passage in Josephus and perhaps in all ancient literature.[1] There are over five thousand six hundred Greek manuscripts of part or all of the New Testament. There are also ten thousand manuscripts of the Vulgate - an early translation into Latin, and nine thousand three hundred other Latin versions. In all, we have about twenty five thousand hand copied manuscripts of parts of the New Testament.

In 'The New Evidence that Demands a Verdict', Josh McDowell cites for comparison Homer's 'Iliad'. There are six hundred and forty three manuscript copies of the Iliad. Or consider the 'Gallic Wars', from roughly the same time as the New Testament, written by Julius Caesar. Today, there are only about ten copies of it altogether.

The New Testament documents were the most copied, and most widely circulated, of any ancient manuscripts. No other documents from the same period of time come anywhere near having as many copies. Next.
This many copies help to make the validity of the New Testament easy to prove

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#491111 Nov 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
ONE
~~~

Hmmm I wonder what the charges would be.... to get the wrinkles ironed out of a birthday suit...

between purgatory and heaven?

I you can believe the myth about purgatory ...then my question should not be beyond your imagination...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#491112 Nov 12, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
So you beleive fallible men can define an infallible being?
And to what extant can they, if "we all fall short of God"?
- menaing, we cannot define "God", but for some reason, many gullible people think man can, though limiting "God" in the same token.
That is much the same problem with the "perceptions" of most compromising "omnipotence" with depictions of "lesser" characteristics of "deity". I feel it is dishonest and depreciating in and of itself.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#491113 Nov 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
ONE
"Does the Catholic Church still sell indulgences? "

That's like asking, "Have you stopped beating your wife?" The Catholic Church does not now nor has it ever approved the sale of indulgences. This is to be distinguished from the undeniable fact that individual Catholics (perhaps the best known of them being the German Dominican Johann Tetzel [1465-1519]) did sell indulgences--but in doing so they acted contrary to explicit Church regulations. This practice is utterly opposed to the Catholic Church's teaching on indulgences, and it cannot be regarded as a teaching or practice of the Church.

http://www.catholic.com/quickquestions/does-t...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Jun 19 Dementia mental c... 36
News Gregory: Bishops - can never say we are sorry e... Jun 18 Listen to the Word 1
News Pat Robertson Is Birth Control (Nov '14) Jun 13 Donald Scampi 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 12 Married in 10,558
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... Jun 8 lavon affair 10
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... Jun 8 USS LIBERTY 9
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Jun 7 princess_noochie 84,749
More from around the web