Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 695772 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#491080 Nov 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Water baptism alone does not save a a person fro m their sins...
John was call the Baptist because of he baptized...
Mat 3:5 Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan,
Mat 3:6 And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.
Mat 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers,
who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
NOTE....JOHN REQUIRED REPENTANCE AND FRUITS FIRST
Mat 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
Mat 3:9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
Mat 3:10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
NOTE 1.JOHN SPOKE HERE OF HIS BAPTISM..
.2.THEN THE BAPTISM (OF FIRE) THE HOLY GHOST THAT WOULD COME THROUGH JESUS..(WHICH MOST CHURCHES IGNORE/DENY TODAY.)
Mat 3:11 1. I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance:
but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear:
2.he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
THERE IS NO SEQUENCE THAT HAS BEEN SET AS WHEN A PERSON SHOULD BE BAPTIZED IN WATER...ONLY REPENTANCE COMES FIRST ACCORDING TO JESUS
JESUS SAID...MARK WRITES...
Mar_1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH BELIEVES THEY ARE THE KINGDOM OF GOD...AND IT
DOES NOT BELIEVE THE GOSPEL ---SO THAT
EXCLUDES THEM..HERE...
ONE EVEN SAID IT SUCKS...
Part of the gospel we are to believe is the washing away of sins through baptism.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491081 Nov 12, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no saving power in water.....if salvation is by water...Christ could have "stayed home"....
Just as a wedding band is a meaningless trinket.

OK
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#491082 Nov 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you show me where the Apostles taught:
- immaculate conception of Mary
- assumption of Mary
- petitioning saints in heaven for their prayers
- infant baptism
- confession of sin to a priest
- purgatory
thanks
Can you show me where the bibles says everything the Apostles taught was recorded in scripture?
Thanks.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491083 Nov 12, 2013
Jason wrote:
The Old Testament Is What Should Be Kept The Laws If the Laws were Kept The world Would Live In Peace.....
I bet you would be one of the first stoned to death according to it.

You clowns obviously never read the Bible.

You are all proven atheists. If you really believed the Bible was from God you would spend your lives memorizing every word of it.

Frauds! All of you!
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#491085 Nov 12, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no saving power in water.....
Good Ox. Now see how long you can go without drinking it. lol
Water saves you in more ways than you think.

Water is important because God willed for Baptism to be done that way. Regardless if you think its meaningless, to God its not. The 20th century born againers probably should have left Baptism alone. The consequences for reversing the word of God can't be good.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491086 Nov 12, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are calling Jesus a liar!!!!!....
You all do that.

Starting with your deity Paul.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#491087 Nov 12, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
In my last post I indicated that science lacks certainty due to at least 2 unprovable assumptions at its foundation:
1. That the objective world exists 2. That the objective world has consistency and regularity (predictability).
This post will focus on science's primary tool- the scientific method.
The scientific method is useful for gathering observable practical information re the world we live in. We derive benefits from it. It is a practical tool when used for the purpose it is designed for.
The scientific method is predicated on naturalism and/or materialism . It focuses on the material world- on observable phenomena. It relies on testing and repeatability.
Naturalism is holds that the natural realm is all there is. There is no supernatural realm or realities.. Only material things exist. There are no immaterial things. The totality of human experience can be understood through natural laws, science, and human reason.
The scientific method had circumscribed its area of study. Matter, the material world, the physical world, observable phenomenon.
However science often crosses this boundary.
It declares that if it cant be proven in a lab, under the scientific method, it doesnt exist.
It assumes that it encompasses the whole of reality,
It boldly comments on a transcendent, immaterial God who exists outside of the universe.
Science proposes that the scientific method is whole, complete, and sufficient.
It assumed the only reality is the material world. There is no immaterial, transcendent world.
It assumes that if it is not material it does not exist because it does fit within the scientific method's parameters. God cannot be observed, studied, or measured by the scientific method. Therefore, for science God does not exist.
Einstein compared a man trying to understand reality to a man trying to understand the mechanism of a closed watch. He sees numbers, moving arms, etc But he does not have the tool to open it. The scientific method cannot open it. He will never be able to compare his picture with the actual mechanism.
Excellent ..even I understood it ..
My point is,usually that secularists,who rely on it act as,if Will never change the theories,it believes,in .
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#491088 Nov 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
What does into the faith mean???
Ah, the Christian faith?
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#491089 Nov 12, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no saving power in water.....if salvation is by water...Christ could have "stayed home"....
One thing for certain Ox: If the Lord Jesus left it up to people like you to determine His teachings, then Christianity is a joke.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#491090 Nov 12, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you be saved from your sins BEFORE baptism???
We MUST die to something, Chuck???
What is that something???
Baptism is a BURIAL....
What are we burying, Chuck???
The burying is,spiritual..the repentance is,spiritual ..
The,washing is by the BLOOD of Christ.
We,are,called to have faith in our Saviour .
To declare Him.as Lord And that He was,resurrected .
THe declaration may or may not be done at the time of Baptism .along wit testimony .

As,long as,Jesus,hears US..
We are,to.follow Him..
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#491091 Nov 12, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"God" must hate Catholics.
--OR--
"God" wasn't watching out for "His" followers and "Satan" saw an opportunity to snatch a few souls.
--OR--
"God" has no control over this world.
--OR--
"God" has control, but chose [free will] not to help out innocent children and others.
IMO - "God" has no control over this world.
If you would like to help contribute to these people, because "God" didn't, you can contact the Red Cross and submit your donation.
"You can donate to the Philippine Red Cross by selecting the Supertyphoon Yolanda campaign on their donation page. The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and Red Cross networks from around the world are supporting the Philippine Red Cross."
http://www.redcross.org.ph/
Why not? Since "God" didn't even try to divert the storm, maybe you can help divert more death.
Well said.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#491092 Nov 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Liam" If I'm the Devil, the first thing I do is create sola scripture. Once you are scrambling through the pages looking for your desired faith, I get y'all to unravel the sacraments, starting with Baptism. Then I set my sights on the Eucharist. Now I got you all in the abyss of defining your own truths; your own Christianity. its an easy strategy..
Look at the newest Christian sects popping up in this century alone. Heck, they look nothin like the born again movements of the 20th century! Marriage is destroyed and everyone is running around announcing how saved they are. Mission accomplished.
----------
Our evil culture today is causing much division in families, and, sadly, it is showing in the church in some instances. We have not been effected by it.
But we COULD just give them an annulment, and let them remarry, just like the CC does.(I know some of them.)
KayMarie
Then why don't you instead of giving divorces? You'd rather they live in adulterous unions?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#491093 Nov 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
well then give me your testimony. how did you come to Christ?
Baptized into Christ as an infant. Been faithfully serving Him since. How's that?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491094 Nov 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The,washing is by the BLOOD of Christ....
You bath in human blood ?

That is sick.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#491095 Nov 12, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your testimony, Chuck? Why do you grow to hate the Catholic Church? They didn't give you what you want and you went elsewhere. That's the same 'ol song from all of ya. It didn't work for me. It wasn't what I wanted. I prefer my Christianity like such and such...
Hey, i disagree with the Church on some things too. But Our Lord didn't install a designer Christianity.
He was raised Catholic, his family is still Catholic I think, of course they're going to hell according to Chuck.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#491096 Nov 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
a little late to the party Tony.
Still think faith alone will save you, eh Chuck?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#491097 Nov 12, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
right! the story makes no sense.
..... A baby claimed to be the son of God born into a belief system (jewish) that does not believe in sons of God. This baby grows up as the son of God, devoutly practices this non believing sons of God religion, and only a very short time before he dies for being claimed a heretic of his own belief starts an entirely new belief system, leaving all his former fellow believers behind. His NEW religion has no rules and regulations, no formal plan of operation, no people in positions of authority. HUH!
No wonder it took 300 years and Emperor Constantine a sun-worshiping leader huddled with early christian fathers to help create a story about a man who supposedly died 300 years before.
No one word ever mentioned about this God/man during the time he lived, yet the only source of his story written decades after he supposedly died claims he was loved by thousands..........but no one thought him important enough to write about him while he lived.
..........something is wrong!
Michael ..unlike others ..I'm convinced Jesus was written about
At some point in His lifetime.
People may have sent messages to family ..come hear this rabbi...
Matthew may have written parts of what later became his gospel ...
To at the very least immortalized his,words ..like a diary .
The temple priests I'm sure wrote about Him.
Not that their words,would have been complimentary .
Herod scribes might have ..his sorcerors...
The CHURCH in Jerusalem may have had scrolls besides the letters sent out

Now aside from tHE GOSPELS later completed ..the letters between believers ....That we have ..

where or where could these letters
And writings about Jesus possibly be .
Where are the writings on other TEMPLE or Palace business ...kept in he SAFEST vaults of the period .
The records ..scrolls ..monies collected ...even some of the writings and property of Rome .

WITHIN 40 years ..Jerusalem was first occupied by the zealots and then totally destroyed ..nothing left But the wailing wall ...

Any common Jew,who might have had a letter ...dispersed to heaven know where.

To the Vicor belong THE SPOILS ...AND HISTORY ...how many conquered tribes of Germany and other cities have all of their historical articles preserved ....the Romans burned and took slaves or killed all the rebels

Persecuted Christians else where imprisoned and killed ...But I'm sure,ROME saved all their possessions .????? Any writings???? Since they loved CHRISTIANS ..

Had there NOT BEEN COPIES of these letters,and writings ..we would have nothing ..

Now today we have printing presses ..copy machines ..internet .

Back then kings wrote and rewrote history ...

And you think because there is nothing left written'''that Jesus did not exist .....You are not even thinking logically ..IMO.
StarC

Los Angeles, CA

#491098 Nov 12, 2013
Catholic News------

ROME — Pope Francis will meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Nov. 25 at the Vatican, according to the director of the Holy See Press Office, Father Federico Lombardi.
On the following day, the Holy Father will meet with the president of Italy, Giorgio Napolitano.
The first meeting between Pope Francis and the Russian president comes after the Holy Father sent Putin a letter on Sept. 5, at the opening of the G-20 summit, calling on the group’s leaders to set aside the “useless” search for a military solution to the conflict in Syria and to pursue a peaceful resolution through dialogue and negotiation.
Upon his election to the papacy, Pope Francis received a letter of congratulations from Patriarch Kirill of the Russian Orthodox Church in which he expressed his hope that Orthodox and Catholic believers would join forces to defend persecuted Christians in the world and to promote traditional values amidst growing widespread secularism.
Pope Francis will be the third pope to meet with President Putin. On March 13, 2007, the Russian leader met with Benedict XVI; and although he did not invite Pope Benedict to visit Russia, despite hopes that he would, the meeting did mark a turning point in relations with then-Russian Orthodox Patriarch Alexis II.

Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/pope-fra...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#491099 Nov 12, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Commendable post NASL,common sense and human endeavor to help rather than to judge!
http://www.samaritanspurse.org/

They ate present ..helping ..practical ..loving and Christian..at every disaster .

Have a,huge typhoons relief program going .

Are rated four stars with Charitynavigator.

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm...

MAY I SUGGEST THAT ANY CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTIONS .
CHECK OUT ON THAT NAVIGATOR SITE .

SO MUCH MONEY WAS,POURED INTO HAITI AND DARFUR ...never getting to the people ....
StarC

Los Angeles, CA

#491100 Nov 12, 2013
Communion to Divorced-Remarried Catholics: The CDF Says No (8808)
NEWS ANALYSIS

by ANDREA GAGLIARDUCCI 10/25/2013 Comments (92)

Archbishop Gerhard Ludwig Müller, prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith
– Catholic News Agency
That Pope Francis is not going to change the discipline that denies Communion to

divorced-remarried people is established by the long article Archbishop Gerhard

Ludwig Müller, prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, drafted for the Vatican daily newspaper L’Osservatore Romano.
In the article, published on Oct. 22, Archbishop Müller reiterates that a Christian marriage is indissoluble and that this is not simply a pastoral question, but a doctrinal issue that involves the Church’s theological understanding of the sacrament of marriage.
There are also other key passages. Archbishop Müller stated that the Orthodox practice of allowing second or third marriages under certain circumstances “cannot be reconciled with God’s will.” He rejected that the individual conscience can be the final arbiter on whether a divorced and civily remarried Catholic can receive Communion. And responding to the argument that Christian mercy mandates allowing such Catholics reception of Communion, he asserted that “an objectively false appeal to mercy also runs the risk of trivializing the image of God by implying that God cannot do other than forgive.”

Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/communio...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Sylvia 10,733
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... (Aug '17) Feb 11 C Kersey 3
News Vatican mulls putting end to limbo (Apr '07) Feb 6 Leary 43
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Feb 2 Mullah Pres Elect... 1
News Pope accepts resignation of auxiliary bishop of... Feb 2 Pope MS USA News 6
News Faith Matters: Top local faith stories for 2017 Jan '18 question 2
News Love in the air: Pope marries couple on papal p... Jan '18 Pardon Pard 1
More from around the web