Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
473,481 - 473,500 of 538,382 Comments Last updated 9 min ago

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I also believe I don't have a Christian soul or a Muslim soul, or any religion's "tagged" soul.
I believe I am a mortal animal ... period.
According to their magic book, you are correct:

"You will die like all mortal creatures." The Hebrew word for animal and soul is nephesh. A "soul" is simply a living creature. Not special to humans.

Echoed through out the Hebrew Torah that they claim is "The Word of God".

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Jesus loves me this I KNOW
For the bible tells me SO!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The Old Testament never prophesied that a Jew would come to earth to love only a group of people who took the title of Christian. I suggest that the Jewish theologians "made double-sure" that that didn't occur.

Shysters in god-garb.
StarC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I also believe I don't have a Christian soul or a Muslim soul, or any religion's "tagged" soul.
I believe I am a mortal animal ... period.
What kind of animal?

I like kittens.
If your not a kitten, I don't like u.

:)

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course so-called "Christians" think this, erroneously of course. I can see and understand why you would play this card.
"Jesus" - a man who lived and taught a form of philosophy
"Christ" - a divine entity that people applied to Jesus the man, who they FEEL or HAV FAITH that he rose in bodily form from the dead.
Distinct differences.
Just as do all people of religion ... you put your own spin on the meaning of words.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Christ

/kr&#652;&#618;st/

noun

noun: Christ

the title, also treated as a name, given to Jesus.

synonyms: Jesus, Jesus Christ, Our Lord, the Messiah, the Saviour, the Son of God, the Lamb of God, the Good Shepherd, the Redeemer, the Prince of Peace, the Nazarene, the Galilean

https://www.google.ca/#q=christ+definition

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
According to their magic book, you are correct:
"You will die like all mortal creatures." The Hebrew word for animal and soul is nephesh. A "soul" is simply a living creature. Not special to humans.
Echoed through out the Hebrew Torah that they claim is "The Word of God".
Of course it depends on which meanings people take to and from the words.

Many in religion don't like to believe that non-human animals HAVE souls that attach to their god or gods, as they desire to believe their worth is far above the worth of other animals and, as we know ... even above other "human" animals.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

soul

/s&#601;&#650;l/

noun

noun: soul;&#8195;plural noun: souls

the spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal, regarded as immortal.

https://www.google.ca/#q=soul+definition

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of animal?
A human animal.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Hebrew word for animal and soul is nephesh. A "soul" is simply a living creature. Not special to humans.
Christians at one time were so arrogant as to believe that those of the black race and the Native Indians didn't HAVE souls, as the Christians compared them to other animals that they also believed didn't have or deserve to have souls.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Juan Ginés de Sepúlveda argued that, during the Valladolid controversy in the middle of the 16th century, the Native Americans were natural slaves because they had no souls.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

The idea of slavery as an "equal-opportunity employer" was denounced with the introduction of Christian theory in the West. Maintaining that Africans were "subhuman" was the only loophole in the then accepted law that "men are created equal" that would allow for the sustenance of the Triangular Trade.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And I suggest that from all I have studied, all myths were written by theologians ... and that the Jesus-myth is simply a re-run of other almost identical myths taught in other religions by previous theologians.
Of course. They all have roots that run deep.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

I believe that to this day ... the words "soul" and "spirit" are thought of as channeling a Creator ... period ... and that it applies only to those humans in their own religious group.

For instance ... Christians don't believe that their link to the "god" is allowed for Muslims ... and vice versa.

The term is "channeling."

"'I' have a channel to the high realm of eternal bliss ... and because you are putrid and dumb ... YOU DON'T!!!"

That's religion in a nutshell.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Channeling Spirit World

http://www.channelingspiritworld.com/

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That has nothing whatsoever to do with supposed "spirituality." It is simply common sense that if I treat others in a kind way, they will remember that kindness and in some other way when they hear of my suffering will think back to when I helped them and want to in turn help me.
And it works the other way. When people crap on others, such as Fred Phelps with his mocking dead soldiers as god-offenders ... how many family members of dead soldiers do you think would want to help Fred Phelps if he was in NEED??? I suggest that ifFred was crying in pain ... most of those family members would walk on by without so much as a nod.
That was the point sis. You simply express it differently.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

"I'll beam you down GOD, so that in turn YOU can beam me UP."

Ridiculous nonsense!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

New up-coming suckers are born every second of every day.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

“Meher Baba” means “Compassionate Father.” It is the name given to their spiritual Master by a group of disciples in the early 1920s when signs of his spiritual status first became apparent. Today, many thousands of people from every religious tradition regard Meher Baba as the one long-awaited — the Prophet, the Buddha, the Christ, the Messiah of this age.

http://www.channelingspiritworld.com/

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as do all people of religion ... you put your own spin on the meaning of words.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
Christ
/kr&#652;&#618;st/
noun
noun: Christ
the title, also treated as a name, given to Jesus.
synonyms: Jesus, Jesus Christ, Our Lord, the Messiah, the Saviour, the Son of God, the Lamb of God, the Good Shepherd, the Redeemer, the Prince of Peace, the Nazarene, the Galilean
https://www.google.ca/#q=christ+definition
The Only path to Heaven:

www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...
Chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Especially when I wish for peace for "everyone" if in turn there just should happen to be an afterlife.
It takes away that "SPECIAL" self-centered dogma from religion. And without people believing that the gods find them irresistible and perceive others as putrid ... what profit is their in staying IN such a group-setting of religion?
No emotional profit whatsoever.
Christians wish for peace on Earth and goodwill toward men, too.

And Islam is a religion of peace -- maybe that's why Iran is pursuing its nuclear programs solely for "peaceful purposes".

I take your claims just as seriously.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the point sis. You simply express it differently.
Maybe so ... but you believe that Jesus was a promoter of Gnostic beliefs and I believe the myths were all fairy tales created by personalized theologians that were masters at using words for their own agendas.

Jesus just happens to be the latest mental creation of a supposed savior ... but that doesn't make the myth any more or less special ... except to those who trust that the myth is actual truth RATHER than myth.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<As we consider ways to share the Old Testament in the family we discover that the Bible, whether prominently displayed or gathering dust on a shelf, offers rich spiritual nourishment for children, teenagers and adults in your home.
Those books all offer brain-washing nonsense!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>She has every right to be here, did you ever consider she is hurt by something that may have happened?
If I wasn't "hurt" by "something that happened" I would be wise enough to believe in YOUR religion ... RIGHT???

Silly people!

When you become a Muslim, then I will know you haven't been "hurt" by something.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians wish for peace on Earth and goodwill toward men, too.
That's the preaching ... but the behavior is at odds with the preaching.

Your missionaries are in Muslim countries ... breaking up families by stealing their Muslim members in conversion to your own Christian cults.

The pope kissed the Qur'an in a show of respect to Muslims, while at the same time he had his missionaries teaching the Muslims that unless they became Catholic they would end up in hell.

Religion AIMS to create trouble ... period!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they were WILD. And the strong ones such as the popes, kings, queens and emperors won out in the end, IF they were not disposed of their selves.
Religion always was a war of who had the most military power.
I suggest you keep in mind that in Constantine's era twenty emperors were assassinated in one century.
That is WHY he gave control to the Catholics in the hopes of religion becoming ONE system of belief.
As you can see ... his plan didn't work. The crazies are still at it today ... fighting over who the gods love and who the gods will reject.
That is because the edifice(s),that being the the political monarchy and church structure were themselves corrupt. Anything built on that could only suffer the fruits of that corruption...and you(we) are witnessing those fruits today. Only when that is realized and admitted, can any steps be taken to rectify the iniquities, and any "healing" begin to effect. It is not impossible...it is improbable, as those who hold the abominable power will not relinquish unless forced to do so. That was surely recognized by a simple man on Patmos. The very name meaning "my killing"(infertile/barren /desolate). Such is the scope of corrupted priests of religion and politics.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
And Islam is a religion of peace -- maybe that's why Iran is pursuing its nuclear programs solely for "peaceful purposes".
I take your claims just as seriously.
The dalai lama supported India's aim to arm by nuclear power.

The United States is armed by nuclear power.

Why do you believe that Muslims should NOT have the same rights???

The Muslims must feel comparable to "sitting ducks" in the midst of men with shot-guns.

I think it's only fair that they also have nuclear power in their countries.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••