Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 691911 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#490976 Nov 12, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 7:9
9 Once I was alive apart from the law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died.
Did the Law of Moses (Old Covenant) save anyone, Chuck???
NO!!!!!!!!!!
The Apostle Paul in Romans Chapter 5 (I believe) has revealed that the Law of Moses does not save, as it did not justify, and did not provide the forgiveness of sins.
The Law of Moses EXPOSED sin and DEFINED what sin was.
Abraham, Moses, David, Samuel, Joshua, the list goes on and on..

what was their relationship with God based on Hank?????? Faith

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#490977 Nov 12, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You may have lived to see such things,but you fail to see that with each age,andnew generation there has to be some relevancy to that time period, a message that reaches the people ,which they can relate to.
Atheism and agnosticism may be very much alive in the physical sense,and a psychological way,but it wreaks with the smell of death,a s it goes no farther than the grave.Faith has been proven and tried over the centuries,we have far more martyrs than you without faith,and through every adversity we have kept our faith,and faced torture and death with resilience and a lasting HOPE!Even in the present false religions and Communism are trying to destroy faith,and to humiliate the people of God with many persecutions,yet they continue through those trials to maintain and spread the faith that sustains them!
You delusional world of unbelief will be tested severly some day,what will be your comfort when that happens?
~~~

THE DAY IS AT HAND...

Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

~~~~~~~

Redemption Draweth Nigh

Years of time have come and gone
Since I first heard it told,
How Jesus would come again someday.
If back then it seemed so real,
Then I just can’t help but feel
How much closer his coming is today.

Chorus:
Signs of the times are everywhere.
There’s a brand new feeling in the air.
Keep your eyes upon the eastern sky,
Life up your heads, redemption draweth nigh!

Wars and strife on every hand
And violence fills our land,
Still some people doubt he’ll come again.
But the Word of God is true,
He’ll redeem his chosen few.
Don’t lose hope, soon Christ Jesus will descend.

Chorus:
Signs of the times are everywhere.
There’s a brand new feeling in the air.
Keep your eyes upon the eastern sky,
Life up your heads, redemption draweth nigh!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#490978 Nov 12, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Be careful who you give this false sense of security to.
Its not faith alone. Its faith + works. Faith is essential, and so are works per the word of God.
How arrogant of the 20th century born againers to undo the word of God like that.
You keep relying on those good works Clay. Be the best you can be. You'll still be a lost sinner with good works...good luck.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#490979 Nov 12, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Commendable post NASL,common sense and human endeavor to help rather than to judge!
Thanks for the response.

I'm not so sure about being "commendable" - but it was honest.

How honest can you be?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#490980 Nov 12, 2013
King Jesus

All the armies of the world will someday gather
and they'll pass before the great reviewing stand
And they'll beat their swords and weapons into plowshares
and the Prince of Peace shall give the last command

Chorus
When King Jesus comes to live with us again
He will show His righteous love to every man
Wars and strife will all be passed
there'll be peace on earth at last

Unobscured the sun will drive away the shadows
At the dawning of that great eternal day
and there'll be no sounds of crying in the ghetto
for all grief and pain and death shall pass away

Chorus

Repeat Chorus

Repeat Chorus - fading
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#490981 Nov 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dead to sin.
When Christians come to faith in Christ we no longer allow sin to control our lives...we are dead to sin. This does not come from baptism.
How?? by the sacrifice of Christ...repentance and faith.
The Apostle Paul continues I believe in Romans Chapter 5) by pointing out that he was alive when he was apart from the law.

Then, when the commandment came, sin came alive and I died.

Do you understand this, Chuck?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#490982 Nov 12, 2013
sorry, Chuck, Romans Chapter 7...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#490983 Nov 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
The bible is clear. We are condemned for one thing, lack of faith. It's throughout the bible and yet...
The bible does NOT have one example of someone being condemned for not being baptized.
The bible does NOT have one example of someone being condemned for not having good works.
Sounds like "looking within" [faith] is exactly what Jesus taught.

"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God".

Why do you believe fallibe men?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#490984 Nov 12, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Sacrament of Baptism was installed by God through the Blessed Apostles. I'm sorry, but this included water. We don't use water because we read a series of Bible passages and decided it wasn't necessary. We use water because its Gods will. That's why Baptism stayed untouched for almost 1900 yrs before the born again movement decided to undo it.
Did you ever stop and think that water is the most essential ingredient for life? Without it, we die. Baptism with water is not just a cute symbol, Preston. There is a reason why God wants us to use it. You have no business undoing His will.
That's,not their,argument per se.

Cowboy believes,in Baptism ..But without faith being baptized,alone,will not bring salvation..

The lo of of Christ washes.Faith in the,Sacrifice and in Him .

If baptized,whenever ..And,not acknowledging and,Believing in Christ as,your Saviour,..all you've had,is,wAter,..holy or not
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#490985 Nov 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Abraham, Moses, David, Samuel, Joshua, the list goes on and on..
what was their relationship with God based on Hank?????? Faith
I know that Chuck....we all have to Believe/Faith...

Now, study Heb 9:15....
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#490986 Nov 12, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Be careful who you give this false sense of security to.
Its not faith alone. Its faith + works. Faith is essential, and so are works per the word of God.
How arrogant of the 20th century born againers to undo the word of God like that.
Titus 2:14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are ZEALOUS for good works.

What does zealous mean you clown?
-filled with or inspired by intense enthusiasm

**You see Clay, a born again Christian wants to do good works because Christ lives through them.

You on the other hand do good works to try please God. You are doing it to get Heaven.

Won't work Clay, you first have to have a relationship with Him.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#490987 Nov 12, 2013
Wacky theology

Jehovah SENT his son to preach truth ... yet the Catholics, Muslims, and Protestants (in that ORDER, comparable to ducks in a row) claimed and still claim that THEIR religions are based on the one and only truth.

The old song "The Wayward Wind" ... comes to mind!

Pad

Rockford, IL

#490988 Nov 12, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
She has a religion, just like you.
She's Einstein's fanatical atheist:
<quoted text>
Education hs never proven that it can change a person's inner most beng.The many demons that haunt human kind,that is: their addictions,fetishes and things they do that disrupt their lives and others as well,(we call sins) are never challenged by education ,but only by a conviction in a person's heart that they need help with their infractions and ills of human behavior.

Religion cannot help a person to change his or her attitude,but it can make them aware they have a problem.But God who knows our hearts and has counted every hair on our head SEES,and can penetrate our barriers to Him.He wants to change us from within,because He is Perfect,and wants to give us a big chance to know what life can be like in His perfection,rather than our dysfunction!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#490989 Nov 12, 2013
Here, Chuck, again:

Hebrews 9:15

15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—

<<<<<now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.>>>>>

Jesus' blood did what for the people who died in FAITH in the Old Testament?

Jesus' blood set them FREE from the SINS COMMITTED under the first covenant.....why?

Because they had OBEDIENT FAITH....
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#490990 Nov 12, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like "looking within" [faith] is exactly what Jesus taught.
"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God".
Why do you believe fallibe men?
Fallible men taught ALL theologies ... including the one on which you re-lie.
Human Being

Church Point, LA

#490991 Nov 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Water baptism alone does not save a a person fro m their sins...
John was call the Baptist because of he baptized...
Mat 3:5 Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan,
Mat 3:6 And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.
Mat 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers,
who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
NOTE....JOHN REQUIRED REPENTANCE AND FRUITS FIRST
Mat 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
Mat 3:9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
Mat 3:10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
NOTE 1.JOHN SPOKE HERE OF HIS BAPTISM..
.2.THEN THE BAPTISM (OF FIRE) THE HOLY GHOST THAT WOULD COME THROUGH JESUS..(WHICH MOST CHURCHES IGNORE/DENY TODAY.)
Mat 3:11 1. I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance:
but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear:
2.he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
THERE IS NO SEQUENCE THAT HAS BEEN SET AS WHEN A PERSON SHOULD BE BAPTIZED IN WATER...ONLY REPENTANCE COMES FIRST ACCORDING TO JESUS
JESUS SAID...MARK WRITES...
Mar_1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH BELIEVES THEY ARE THE KINGDOM OF GOD...AND IT
DOES NOT BELIEVE THE GOSPEL ---SO THAT
EXCLUDES THEM..HERE...
ONE EVEN SAID IT SUCKS...
contrinting

Peace

1Cor 14:33 "...for God is not a God of tumult, but of peace, as in all the assemblies of the saints."

It is a most interesting scripture, as the word for "tumult", and "peace", have multiple meanings. We usually, via the KJV think of the words "confusion" and "peace"....The scripture has great depth.

But the implication of peace is also that of welfare.

It is difficult for me to say, that today's RCs are not for peace and the welfare of all. Of course there will be some on the fringes that are not.

So your thesis that RCs do not accept the Gospel, is by my observation, unwarranted(to say the least).

I think in the long run it is best to let God separate and sheep and the goats, and leave the generalizations aside concerning "all" RCs....

Peace
Pad

Rockford, IL

#490992 Nov 12, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow - you actually do know how to ask an intelligent question.
I'm impressed.
:o)
Sure, I'll believe it - do I get a gold star today?
Now was that hard NASL?Now go a bit further,do you believe Jesus is God?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#490993 Nov 12, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that Chuck....we all have to Believe/Faith...
Now, study Heb 9:15....
If you know that then why do you insist on baptism? It's the same for us as it was for them.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#490994 Nov 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
King Jesus
The theology states "Jesus ... King of the (faithful) Jews, who (because he was WISE) abandoned his Jewish father to support Protestants ... just like YOU!"

Wasn't that WISE of Jesus to be made OVER in YOUR Protestant image???

Silly fool!
Catholic Girl

United States

#490995 Nov 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless and until you worship JEHOVAH .
There's only 1 God, call Him whatever name you wish, just call upon Him.
But don't call Him late for dinner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... 18 hr Frindly 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 4 Mr Sir 10,694
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov 27 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov '17 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov '17 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct '17 The Bible Student 1
More from around the web