Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683876 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#490911 Nov 12, 2013
READ HERE..

WHAT HAPPENED WHEN the seven sons of one Sceva,

ATTEMPTED TO CAST OUT DEVILS IN THE NAME OF THE APOSTLE PAUL..

Act 19:13 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.

Act 19:14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.

Act 19:15 And the evil spirit answered and said,

Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?

Act 19:16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

THE DEVIL CAN SAY TO YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS...

JESUS ...I KNOW.

PETER ...I KNOW...

BUT..

WHO ARE YOU?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#490912 Nov 12, 2013
OBEDIENT FAITH And TRUST:

John 9:7

7 “Go,” he told him,“wash in the Pool of Siloam”(this word means “Sent”). So the man went and washed, and came home seeing.

***The man went and WASHED.....WHAT HAPPENED???

He came home SEEING.....

Washing in the pool of Siloam stood between the blind man and his recovery in order for his sight to be RESTORED.

Was Jesus testing him???

ABSOLUTELY!!!!

Does Jesus test us to see if we have OBEDIENT FAITH to His COMMANDS in the New Testament???

ABSOLUTELY!!!!

How did Jesus use water in these scriptures???
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#490913 Nov 12, 2013
The purpose of theologians is to train you to believe that you are bad for offending a god or gods. Then, and only then can he captivate you into believing that HE has the answers to how you can learn to be good and "pleasing" to the god, or gods.

You'll see it ... but only if you WANT to see it.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#490914 Nov 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
READ HERE..
This over-zealous theologian wants to control your thoughts in the idea that without his image of a god ... you are lost.

That's is HOW theologians OPERATE on your brains.

Without the bible in hand "confrinting with the word" would have no power to control, and that is the aim of the theologians.

"Give me your mind" and I will do the thinking FOR you."

Shysters.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#490915 Nov 12, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what I have been trying to say, Chuck.....
We are baptized INTO the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ....WHY???
For the forgiveness of our sins....
New Life (born again) in Christ Jesus.....
No that's not what you are saying. We receive forgiveness because of the blood of Christ. Baptism has nothing to do with forgiveness or salvation.

Baptism shows others we have been saved by the blood of Christ and we are a child of God.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#490916 Nov 12, 2013
"READ HERE!!!"

"My HOLY book will lead you to the one and only truth in the universe!!!"

If it seems too good to be true ... I suggest that there is a reason for you to doubt!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#490917 Nov 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The purpose of theologians is to train you to believe that you are bad for offending a god or gods. Then, and only then can he captivate you into believing that HE has the answers to how you can learn to be good and "pleasing" to the god, or gods.
You'll see it ... but only if you WANT to see it.
~~~

AGAIN YOU ARE WRONG...

JESUS SAID

Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

IF THAT MAN ONCE SPURNS ...THE CONVICTING POWER OF GOD

(THE DRAWING OF THE FATHER)

HE MIGHT NEVER AGAIN BE GIVEN ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY...

LATER when he relents and decides to respond to God's call

it could will be to late...he has sinned his day of grace away...

and he is ( turned to a reprobate mind ) dead to the call of God

while he continues his life here on earth...and eternal damnation

hereafter.

------
The drawing of the father is when one receives the knowledge/revelation
of the truth about himself,,,, being convicted of his sins

---
Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Heb 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

Heb 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#490918 Nov 12, 2013
In my last post I indicated that science lacks certainty due to at least 2 unprovable assumptions at its foundation:

1. That the objective world exists 2. That the objective world has consistency and regularity (predictability).

This post will focus on science's primary tool- the scientific method.

The scientific method is useful for gathering observable practical information re the world we live in. We derive benefits from it. It is a practical tool when used for the purpose it is designed for.

The scientific method is predicated on naturalism and/or materialism . It focuses on the material world- on observable phenomena. It relies on testing and repeatability.

Naturalism is holds that the natural realm is all there is. There is no supernatural realm or realities.. Only material things exist. There are no immaterial things. The totality of human experience can be understood through natural laws, science, and human reason.

The scientific method had circumscribed its area of study. Matter, the material world, the physical world, observable phenomenon.

However science often crosses this boundary.
It declares that if it cant be proven in a lab, under the scientific method, it doesnt exist.

It assumes that it encompasses the whole of reality,

It boldly comments on a transcendent, immaterial God who exists outside of the universe.

Science proposes that the scientific method is whole, complete, and sufficient.

It assumed the only reality is the material world. There is no immaterial, transcendent world.

It assumes that if it is not material it does not exist because it does fit within the scientific method's parameters. God cannot be observed, studied, or measured by the scientific method. Therefore, for science God does not exist.

Einstein compared a man trying to understand reality to a man trying to understand the mechanism of a closed watch. He sees numbers, moving arms, etc But he does not have the tool to open it. The scientific method cannot open it. He will never be able to compare his picture with the actual mechanism.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#490919 Nov 12, 2013
…13For if the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling those who have been defiled sanctify for the cleansing of the flesh,

14Just think how much more the blood of Christ will purify our consciences from sinful deeds so that we can worship the living God. For by the power of the eternal Spirit, Christ offered himself to God as a perfect sacrifice for our sins.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#490920 Nov 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
No that's not what you are saying. We receive forgiveness because of the blood of Christ. Baptism has nothing to do with forgiveness or salvation.
Baptism shows others we have been saved by the blood of Christ and we are a child of God.
How can you be saved from your sins BEFORE baptism???

We MUST die to something, Chuck???

What is that something???

Baptism is a BURIAL....

What are we burying, Chuck???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#490921 Nov 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
DEAD to what???

Alive in Christ Jesus....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#490922 Nov 12, 2013
Luke 7:29-30

29 (All the people, even the tax collectors, when they heard Jesus’ words, acknowledged that God’s way was right, because they had been baptized by John.

30 But the Pharisees and the experts in the law rejected God’s purpose for themselves, because they had NOT been baptized by John.)

***they HEARD Jesus' words.....

***acknowledge that God's way was right.....

***they had been baptized by John.

***Pharisees and the EXPERTS in the LAW (as Jesus had NOT been crucified yet) REJECTED God's purpose for themselves.....

Why???

Because they had NOT been baptized by John.

Today, as Jesus has already been crucified and His blood has been shed....we are NOW baptized INTO His death, burial and resurrection....

We MUST die to sins....

Look at this verse....

John 8:21

21 Once more Jesus said to them,“I am going away, and you will look for me, and <<<<<you will die in your sin. Where I go, you cannot come.”>>>>>

***you will die in your sin.

Result:

Where I go, you CANNOT come.

Why?

because you are remaining in your sins.....

In baptism, WE MUST DIE TO OUR SINS.....

Now, can you be SAVED from your sins BEFORE being baptized???

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!!!!
Michael

Canada

#490923 Nov 12, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
And he is fifty eight. I bet you can't walk to the bathroom and back without being out of breath. Wait, you just put a bucket next to you, right?
.....you sure seem to know a lot about people you don't even know. your post after post indicates such.

Thanks for reading my posts!
Michael

Canada

#490924 Nov 12, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>My Church was founded by Christ and the first Pope was St. Peter.
Imagine! by CHANCE born into the right belief system like you were, and most others by CHANCE born into the wrong system. IMAGINE THAT!

UNBELIEVABLE!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#490926 Nov 12, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you be saved from your sins BEFORE baptism???
Repentance and faith in Christ.

Why do you add baptism to the sacrifice of Christ?

We are justified by faith
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#490927 Nov 12, 2013
Romans 6:2

2 By no means!~~~~~We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?~~~~~

***We are THOSE who have DIED to sin....

What have we died to?

SIN!

How can we live in it any longer?
Michael

Canada

#490928 Nov 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Had Jesus lived, he would have founded a world full of synagogues.
right! the story makes no sense.

..... A baby claimed to be the son of God born into a belief system (jewish) that does not believe in sons of God. This baby grows up as the son of God, devoutly practices this non believing sons of God religion, and only a very short time before he dies for being claimed a heretic of his own belief starts an entirely new belief system, leaving all his former fellow believers behind. His NEW religion has no rules and regulations, no formal plan of operation, no people in positions of authority. HUH!

No wonder it took 300 years and Emperor Constantine a sun-worshiping leader huddled with early christian fathers to help create a story about a man who supposedly died 300 years before.

No one word ever mentioned about this God/man during the time he lived, yet the only source of his story written decades after he supposedly died claims he was loved by thousands..........but no one thought him important enough to write about him while he lived.

..........something is wrong!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#490929 Nov 12, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Placing importance on converts cowboy?
Figures as much - you being a minister.
Granted WftL is a bit off-base on much of what they post, and now you edging the WftL on by requesting converts, only depicts that neither of you really have a clear understanding or belief in what Jesus taught.
Wow! Don't you think it would be more helpful to show WftL some tangible support for your claim, than just spouting off the claim?
You both sound very Westboro-ish.
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I don't usually answer a nerd like you but I feel a need to enlighten YOU.
if his church is the original church and his doctrine is Biblical, then he should be able to answer this very simple question.
however since his church is a cult started in the 1800's by Campbell and stone, NOT BY JESUS, he cant answer my question since NO PERSON HAS EVER RECEIVED THE HOLY GHOST IN THE BIBLE.
I know that, and so does the devil who they serve.
"I don't usually answer a nerd like you but I feel a need to enlighten YOU."

I'm not a nerd, so you are not only worng, but also trying to be deceptive and misleading.

Secondly - you have nothing that can enlighten me, unless you have decided to start being honest with me and everyone and state the facts:

a. Man wrote and created the Bible.
b. "God" never stated to anyone which texts are of "His" inspiration and which are not.
c. That you don't believe in all of what Jesus taught.
d. "Paul" is not more enlightened than Jesus.
e. That you only believe in less than six of the original Apostles

We'll see, huh?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#490930 Nov 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
oops need to say. NO PERSON IN THE BIBLE EVER RECEIVED THE HOLY GHOST BY JUST GETTING WET.
And nobody has rcvd it without.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#490931 Nov 12, 2013
Truth wrote:
Luke 7:29-30
29 (All the people, even the tax collectors, when they heard Jesus’ words, acknowledged that God’s way was right, because they had been baptized by John.
30 But the Pharisees and the experts in the law rejected God’s purpose for themselves, because they had NOT been baptized by John.)
***they HEARD Jesus' words.....
***acknowledge that God's way was right.....
***they had been baptized by John.
***Pharisees and the EXPERTS in the LAW (as Jesus had NOT been crucified yet) REJECTED God's purpose for themselves.....
Why???
Because they had NOT been baptized by John.
Today, as Jesus has already been crucified and His blood has been shed....we are NOW baptized INTO His death, burial and resurrection....
We MUST die to sins....
Look at this verse....
John 8:21
21 Once more Jesus said to them,“I am going away, and you will look for me, and <<<<<you will die in your sin. Where I go, you cannot come.”>>>>>
***you will die in your sin.
Result:
Where I go, you CANNOT come.
Why?
because you are remaining in your sins.....
In baptism, WE MUST DIE TO OUR SINS.....
Now, can you be SAVED from your sins BEFORE being baptized???
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!!!!
Hank you are saying that Old Testament folks are saved differently than New Testament folks,...correct?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 22 seemoregood 1
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web