Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688384 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490748 Nov 11, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
"Jesus said his Church would be "the light of the world."
And as you look in the mirror, you see that YOU are his shining "STAR."

A Christian married "emotionally" to a faithful Jew.

That's quite the one-sided "attachment."

:)
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490749 Nov 11, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Get with the program the split was 1054 and your church is a whole different church than the church that Christ founded
Had Jesus lived, he would have founded a world full of synagogues.
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490750 Nov 11, 2013
Michael wrote:
....50 years from now the catholic church will be a much different institution than it is now, or it will disappear in the western world.
If all religions disappeared, I suggest it would be good riddance.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#490751 Nov 11, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
And he is fifty eight. I bet you can't walk to the bathroom and back without being out of breath. Wait, you just put a bucket next to you, right?
oooohhh Christian love.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#490752 Nov 11, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>My Church was founded by Christ and the first Pope was St. Peter.
Your church started in 1054.

“New Life”

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#490753 Nov 11, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Yes you're right as we are saved by Jesus Christ who died on the cross, and his death now brings us the New Testament as what we are under. The Old Testament is the history of how things began and has many stories and should be studied so you will know how things were back then, like the story of Noah, David and Goliath, and so many wonderful stories which help you understand things that go on in the New Testament. Yes we are under the Hew Testament Law and it's important to know how to become a Christian and how to worship God correctly, as we worship differently in the New Testament than we did in the Old Testament.
I agree that we are saved by the working of Jesus shedding His Blood
On the Cross. This alone finished the work of Salvation.
All who believe in Him as having saved them by this redemptive work, alone are members of the True Church of Jesus.
The rest seems to be the work of men saying one must do this or that
Or belong to my church , or worship in my house of worship.
Repent and give your lives to Him in belief is what He said .
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490754 Nov 11, 2013
Michael wrote:
The catholic church is strictly about men, power, and control.
If the church REALLY cared about humanity they would burn those antiquated policies of "men only need apply" and come down from those ivory towers.
As we know devout catholics do exactly as the church leaders tell them. No women allowed! If for some reason the church did a 180 and allowed women equality in the church, catholics themselves would then rejoice and say "THATS A GOOD IDEA"
UNBELIEVABLE!
I suggest that men ruled in religion simply because they equated physical strength with wisdom.

I'd like to see them try to push these babes around!

June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490755 Nov 11, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Your church started in 1054.
Over whose religion is the only one based on truth ... when will the real fighting start???

I want a ring-side seat.

“New Life”

Location hidden

#490756 Nov 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Had Jesus lived, he would have founded a world full of synagogues.
Pardon but I think He would travel all over with no big Churches or Synagogues.
He was basically an itinerant preacher of the Love of the Father.
He gave His life for the Father's children, so they could be washed of Sin and spend eternity with Him.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#490757 Nov 11, 2013
PAD & Thunder.

here is a link about cervical vertigo.

http://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/disorder...

by Dr.Timothy Hain

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#490758 Nov 11, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't plagiarize.
Nothing offends me more.
Well, next to Taco Bell calling their meat beef or chicken.
I was kind and called someone else's resent post merely spam.
But in the future, I'll call it for what it is.
Know what you're talking about or link to those who do.
===
I wrote this myself after reviewing the files I have on church history. I will take your accusation of plagiarism as a compliment.I happen to be literate.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#490760 Nov 11, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
The Catholic Church is the biggest deceiver of mankind and I urge all to stay away from the Catholic Church, as they do nothing according to the bible, nothing. I urge you to go to the nearest Church of Christ and study and then get baptized and live your life as a Christian by doing God's will. The Church of Christ was built as Jesus said he would in Matthew 16;18 and the church was opened in the year 33AD when Peter was preaching and the people asked what shall we do to be saved. Peter said repent and be baptized, and that day the first souls were added to the church Jesus built, 3,000 souls were saved that day. In order to be a member of that church you must worship according to the bible, by doing this you will be a member of the church of the bible, which is the Church of Christ.
No.

Hatred in your heart will only destroy you and what is all around you.

Live in love, you'll be a better person.
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490762 Nov 11, 2013
I read of a case during war, where two American soldiers were walking through the aftermath of a battlefield, when they saw a badly-wounded German soldier in the process of dying. The German soldier couldn’t speak English, but with his eyes pleading for mercy, he pointed a finger at his temple in the hopes that they would end his misery with a shot from a gun.

One soldier walked by, and the other took his gun and ended the suffering of the German soldier.

Morality is a matter of opinion.

Albuquerque, NM

#490763 Nov 11, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>another member of your church would not ever tell me the name of ONE person in the Bible who RECEIVED the Holy Ghost when they were Baptized, which is a major doctrine coming from your denomination. thank you in advance for answering this very easy question since you do claim that your church is the only Biblical church in the Bible. so certainly you would know who were your earliest converts.
just ONE name is sufficient, and please don't lie to me , nor sluff off on this Question. In fact, IF you cant answer this Question with all Honesty, you should leave this forum and this church that you support.
Placing importance on converts cowboy?

Figures as much - you being a minister.

Granted WftL is a bit off-base on much of what they post, and now you edging the WftL on by requesting converts, only depicts that neither of you really have a clear understanding or belief in what Jesus taught.

Wow! Don't you think it would be more helpful to show WftL some tangible support for your claim, than just spouting off the claim?

You both sound very Westboro-ish.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#490764 Nov 11, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>===
I wrote this myself after reviewing the files I have on church history. I will take your accusation of plagiarism as a compliment.I happen to be literate.
Herm, I like you.

Stop now and take it under advisement.

We all err. Me more than most.

K?

“New Life”

Location hidden

#490765 Nov 11, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
PAD & Thunder.
by Dr.Timothy Hain
I used to go to a chiropractor. Who knew it could be dangerous?
Thanks

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#490766 Nov 11, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
PAD & Thunder.
by Dr.Timothy Hain
I suffered from cervical vertigo for years.

Turns out my girlfriend and I just weren't using the missionary position.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#490767 Nov 11, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
PAD & Thunder.
by Dr.Timothy Hain
Thanks cowboy. It is appreciated.

Saved it.

Albuquerque, NM

#490768 Nov 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Children are indoctrinated no matter which family indoctrinates them, or by what method.
Adults are indoctrinated to new ways of believing by our own choices to BE indoctrinated.
We are all indoctrinated by others or by our selves, and you are no different.
You could become a Muslim or a Buddhist ... if the mood hit you as fulfilling your deepest desires.
If you are to ever understand and live by what not being a so-called "Christian", then you first may want to stop trying to fit everything you believe into a mold of your own choosing.

FYI - when I choose to do something, act upon something, or even believe in something, no one indoctrinates me, nor I indoctrinate myself.

I choose to learn and understand, and ask questions along the whole process.

Indoctrination into an organized religion is done by repeatedly teaching - over and over - the same dogmas or doctrine the is prescribed.

Your response in nonsense and looks very much like folly from a "Christian".

“New Life”

Location hidden

#490769 Nov 11, 2013
Some real ugly posts here. A real shame on a thread like this about beliefs.

But I like some of the humor, for what my opinion is worth. A smirk or two usually breaks tension.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web