Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667731 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#490696 Nov 11, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course so-called "Christians" think this, erroneously of course. I can see and understand why you would play this card.
"Jesus" - a man who lived and taught a form of philosophy
"Christ" - a divine entity that people applied to Jesus the man, who they FEEL or HAV FAITH that he rose in bodily form from the dead.
Distinct differences.
To those "outside" the indoctrinated beliefs for sure.

“John Boyer Silver”

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#490697 Nov 11, 2013
Hell, I've been saying that Catholics are the only folks who do not piss God off for three months now. About time the Pope picked up on my lead.
LOL I find it humorous!

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490698 Nov 11, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
All beliefs are self-indoctrinated, and that includes the gnostic beliefs.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490700 Nov 11, 2013
John Boyer Silver wrote:
Hell, I've been saying that Catholics are the only folks who do not piss God off for three months now. About time the Pope picked up on my lead.
LOL I find it humorous!
You don't believe that the god of the Jews is pissed off by the Catholic claim that a son of his now loves ONLY Christians???

OH MY ... you didn't receive the latest news from the sky ... did you?

I suggest you must have tuned in to the wrong "station."

:)

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490701 Nov 11, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You haven't been to my Diocese. LOL, your post is pure ignorance.
I suggest if Michael had belonged to your diocese, his post "would" be based on pure ignorance.

Location hidden

#490702 Nov 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe so ... but you believe that Jesus was a promoter of Gnostic beliefs and I believe the myths were all fairy tales created by personalized theologians that were masters at using words for their own agendas.
Jesus just happens to be the latest mental creation of a supposed savior ... but that doesn't make the myth any more or less special ... except to those who trust that the myth is actual truth RATHER than myth.
No. I don't believe Jesus was a "promoter" of "Gnostic" beliefs(although some may fall in there). That would be an incorrect supposition.
The rest, I could find agreement with, for the most part.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#490704 Nov 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If they harassed homosexuals without using words from those books ... it would be plain as day.
Yea. I guess a lot of 'these and thou arts' is hard to understand in modern speech.
Just seeing them kiss in public says it all.

But you know I don't really care one way or the other.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#490705 Nov 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as do all people of religion ... you put your own spin on the meaning of words.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
Christ
/kr&#652;&#618;st/
noun
noun: Christ
the title, also treated as a name, given to Jesus.
synonyms: Jesus, Jesus Christ, Our Lord, the Messiah, the Saviour, the Son of God, the Lamb of God, the Good Shepherd, the Redeemer, the Prince of Peace, the Nazarene, the Galilean
https://www.google.ca/#q=christ+definition
"Just as do all people of religion ... you put your own spin on the meaning of words."
- probably - but I think I am a little more direct. I'll point out the stipulations that are part of the subject, whereas many so-called "Christians" will post like you - vague, deceptive, and misleading.

Applying what history has garnered, my distinctions are accurate depictions of the words.

As always - you get to believe what you choose.

Self.

Albuquerque, NM

#490706 Nov 11, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Your church split with mine in the year 1057. What you are saying is you agree with the Church until that time. Thgere is only one Catholic Church. Your views have changed , the Catholic Church's Doctrine has not.
Actually the Catholic Church was formed after teh 1057 split.

The Orthodox Church started what you guys use today.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490707 Nov 11, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I don't believe Jesus was a "promoter" of "Gnostic" beliefs(although some may fall in there). That would be an incorrect supposition.
The rest, I could find agreement with, for the most part.
Then please tell me exactly the message that you believe Jesus gave as being based on complete truth.

If it wasn't gnostic, what was it anyway?

There were gnostic Jews and gnostic half-Jews, half-Christian, et cetera. Why don't you ever be specific without being completely technical?

Religion is all very simple. Silly ... but still ... simple.

If you do this, you get it right. If you don't, you get it wrong.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490708 Nov 11, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"Just as do all people of religion ... you put your own spin on the meaning of words."
- probably - but I think I am a little more direct. I'll point out the stipulations that are part of the subject, whereas many so-called "Christians" will post like you - vague, deceptive, and misleading.
Applying what history has garnered, my distinctions are accurate depictions of the words.
As always - you get to believe what you choose.
Self.
My self is not your self. The Hindus self is also not your self ... et cetera.

I suggest you knock it off with all the "self" bologna.

Albuquerque, NM

#490709 Nov 11, 2013
StarC wrote:
"Hundreds of atheists and atheist-curious packed into a Hollywood auditorium for a boisterous service filled with live music, moments of reflection, an "inspirational talk" about forgotten — but important — some stand-up comedy.
During the service, attendees stomped their feet, clapped their hands and cheered as Jones and Evans led the group through rousing renditions of "Lean on Me," ''Here Comes the Sun" and other hits that took the place of gospel songs. Congregants dissolved into laughter at a get-to-know-you game that involved clapping and slapping the hands of the person next to them and applauded as members of the audience spoke about community service projects they had started in LA.
At the end, volunteers passed cardboard boxes for donations as attendees mingled over coffee and pastries and children played on the floor."
A revival ? Send in your donation June. lol stomped their feet, clapped their Hands and sang. Sounds like the Pentecostals to me. A new church, 42k plus 1.
\o/
:-D
Thank you for providing yet another path to salvation - one through the helping of others, living good lives, raising bright happy children, and just being ourselves. All without the need of Christianity and the RCC.

The Pope misspoke.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#490710 Nov 11, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Yea. I guess a lot of 'these and thou arts' is hard to understand in modern speech.
Just seeing them kiss in public says it all.
But you know I don't really care one way or the other.
It doesn't bother me if those who are gay kiss in public. At least when they are busy kissing, they are not using a bible to bully others.

Albuquerque, NM

#490711 Nov 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's be real for a change. Humans are simply NOT nice.
Speak for yourself.

There are plenty of humans in this world that would refute your false assertion.

You sound just like a so-called "Christian".

Albuquerque, NM

#490712 Nov 11, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Naw, you just reak of helplessness and hurt. And, when I first came on here, you were posting about why you were hurt. Christ helps people in pain, physical and emotional, You know , He made the earth and atmosphere out of nothing, He can sure help you.
How?

Please state teh specific steps Jesus will take to help June?

I think you are making things up.

Albuquerque, NM

#490713 Nov 11, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.

Albuquerque, NM

#490714 Nov 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All beliefs are self-indoctrinated, and that includes the gnostic beliefs.
No. beliefs are chosen.

In fact, some beliefs are chosen after the person does research on the belief in order to believe in it.

Indoctrination is a process of steps that involved other people telling someone how to do something.

For example - I can indoctrinate a new employee in the company standards of harrassment or how to order a part.

Whether or not they choose to believe what I tell them, is really the key.
- I chose to not beleive what my parents tried to indoctrinate me with Catholicism, thus the/their indoctrination failed, because I don't/choose not to believe that the "Bible is the Divine word of God."

Those who didn't research this information are indoctrinated into a belief that they chose not to challenge.

Maybe you just need an college English course to iron out the difficulties you seem to be having with words.

IMO - you would probably learn a few things, if you were to attend the "Sunday Assembly".

Location hidden

#490715 Nov 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then may I suggest that if you believe it is possible ... you try to impress upon the religious factions that they must create peace rather than war.
Guns and bombs are exploding as you speak, so good luck with your efforts.
The Canadian forces liked to believe they were peace-makers in battles started by others. They ended up either having to kill, or be killed.
Let's be real for a change. Humans are simply NOT nice.
I do that in my own way.
To become a subset of that paradigm of thinking you espouse, is to encourage it. Examples of how it seemingly won't work or can't work, simply feeds the lie in admitted self defeat. Thousands of years of that promotion makes it an even more difficult task to accomplish.

Albuquerque, NM

#490716 Nov 11, 2013
typo - "no, those beliefs <<are>> chosen.

- as responded to "Gnostic beliefs"

Albuquerque, NM

#490717 Nov 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My self is not your self. The Hindus self is also not your self ... et cetera.
True.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you knock it off with all the "self" bologna.
No.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 3 hr Gov Corbutt of th... 281
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jan 14 Serah 14,364
News 7 reasons why Friday the 13th is considered an ... Jan 14 True Christian wi... 3
News Women should breastfeed in church, Pope Francis... Jan 11 Jeremy 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory (Jul '15) Dec 30 Dogen 508
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 20 Married in 10,385
News Preview: The Pope's Choir Dec 20 KenJr26 1
More from around the web