Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,906
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#490369 Nov 10, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. If their deity did exist, it could only be described as Pure Evil.
But they don't want to believe that an evil deity could save them FROM evil ... so their minds get caught in foolhardy traps of ignorance.

Within theological stupidity ... suffering of all forms of animal life is not holy ... so all that is left is that it has to be based on evil.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#490370 Nov 10, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Any controlled scientific experiment will prove the course of cause and effect...and that is what it is. Hitler's dramatic speeches is a good example of how it works.
It is "scientific" thinking. Your "leaders"(political and religious) understand it quite well.
I don't believe that politicians or those in religion perceive anything but what they believe is based on truth from their own points of view.

We all suffer from not recognizing that we have concepts of truth ... not truth absolute.
disciple

Temecula, CA

#490371 Nov 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you certain that a god gave some theologian that information direct from his well of knowledge???
:)
As certain as there's a jennet in this forum constantly braying about things she doesn't understand.
;)

Vanderhoof, Canada

#490373 Nov 10, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's ok that you disagree.
If Jesus and John were groomed by the sects and lifestyle, it has to have bearing in the interaction and teachings of either and/or both.
The Essenes didn't just "preach" it. They "lived" it, just as Jesus did. It is evident in all the accounts...totally contrary to the Roman lifestyle...and out of sorts with the corrupted Hebrew priests as well. When it was realized he had accumulated a following, he was murdered by the factions he posed a threat to...both struggling theocracies in their own right.
I don't believe that any of those mythical biblical characters even existed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Essenes Cult May Be Fictitious

Religion scholars seeking evidence of the historical Jesus frequently claim he could have been a member of the Essenes, a Jewish ascetic cult. Now new scholarship by Rachel Elior of the Hebrew University in Jerusalem contends the Essenes may never have existed.

Confusion over existence of the Essenes arose from scholars using other, later texts as their sources, Elior said. She noted that the Jewish-Roman scholar Josephus mentioned them, but that he was writing hundreds of years later.

http://ancient-tides.blogspot.ca/2009/03/scro...
Pad

Rockford, IL

#490374 Nov 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Case in point!
Yes and that gives us just as much a place of firm resolve to what we believe.

Your resolve to be atheist and your own master leaves you just as much in a vulnerable place as we who BELIEVE find ourselves.If there is no god as you may put it,than I have really lost nothing once dead.My dead body returns to the earth,it degrades to dust,bone and hair may remain,but I am d e a d,never to feel again,think or reason.Whether I believed in a Supreme Being or not if He does not exist,surely will not hurt me dead in a grave.

But since you can not prove to me H E does not exist at all, and I cannot prove to you now HE does,leaves u s both at a disadvantage,but you have more to lose when dead than I do if in fact the LORD of Hosts does exist!He wants you to believe and trust in Him,that I know from years of personal experience in believing and trusting in H I M!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#490375 Nov 10, 2013
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
As certain as there's a jennet in this forum constantly braying about things she doesn't understand.
;)
Well, I don't trust your "judgment" enough to rely on it as being based on solid truth ... whatever that might be ... if it even exists.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#490376 Nov 10, 2013
To claim that a group of men called the Essenes LIVED celibate lives, is not realistic in any sense of the word.

Men are sexual animals, and as we have learned from other religious cults ... it comes out sooner or later that the men were masturbating and having sex with each other.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

I believe any serious scholar truly cant but admit that the law reflected in the scrolls is a Sadducee law, she tells the London Times, pointing out that there were no corroborating historical records ~ either in Jewish or early Christian literature ~ to indicate that a large sect of celibate men lived in the area over a long period of time.

http://ancient-tides.blogspot.ca/2009/03/scro...

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#490377 Nov 10, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>
The foundation of science is actually faith
Before performing experiments scientists start with 6 basic assumptions:
(1) that the experimental procedures will be performed adequately. That there will be no intentional or unintentional mistakes that will impact the results.
(2)That the experimenters wont be significantly biased by their preconceptions of what will happen
(3)that the random sample (the subjects/items used in the experiment)is representative of the entire population the scientist is doing to confirm or deny hypotheses about.Also that any nonrepresentative random wont significantly impact the results.
(4)that nature has regularity.That most if not all things in nature must have at least a natural cause.That here is such a thing called Objective Reality
(6)that science at least partly corresponds to that Objective Reality.
Hey Nick .

Can you please,repost about Falling In Love ..hopefully it's still in your profile ..thanks
disciple

Temecula, CA

#490378 Nov 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I don't trust your "judgment" enough to rely on it as being based on solid truth ... whatever that might be ... if it even exists.
Normal people ask because they want to know. You on the other hand are not.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#490379 Nov 10, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Yes and that gives us just as much a place of firm resolve to what we believe.
Believe whatever tickles your "fancy" ... but when you preach at me that what you believe is based on truth ... I want proof, and not from a book written by men who had agendas to start a new religion.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#490380 Nov 10, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>hope she starts feeling better. I have taken meclizine myself for many years for the same problems. and those little pills really do work. has your wife ever had a head injury in the past? this is what usually cause menears disease
Menears disease,that is what she has.She did have an accident about 15 years ago,her neck gave her much trouble,she had to go to a chiropractor.That could be the root of her problem.She never had the problem before the accident.Weather changes affect it as well.

It is very hard for her to say the least.Thanks for sharing! Do you ever experience it while driving?(She hasn't yet).
disciple

Temecula, CA

#490381 Nov 10, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Yes and that gives us just as much a place of firm resolve to what we believe.
Your resolve to be atheist and your own master leaves you just as much in a vulnerable place as we who BELIEVE find ourselves.If there is no god as you may put it,than I have really lost nothing once dead.My dead body returns to the earth,it degrades to dust,bone and hair may remain,but I am d e a d,never to feel again,think or reason.Whether I believed in a Supreme Being or not if He does not exist,surely will not hurt me dead in a grave.
But since you can not prove to me H E does not exist at all, and I cannot prove to you now HE does,leaves u s both at a disadvantage,but you have more to lose when dead than I do if in fact the LORD of Hosts does exist!He wants you to believe and trust in Him,that I know from years of personal experience in believing and trusting in H I M!
Well said.
I will pray for your wife and hope she gets better.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#490382 Nov 10, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Menears disease,that is what she has.She did have an accident about 15 years ago,her neck gave her much trouble,she had to go to a chiropractor.That could be the root of her problem.She never had the problem before the accident.Weather changes affect it as well.
It is very hard for her to say the least.Thanks for sharing! Do you ever experience it while driving?(She hasn't yet).
No, I haven't. driving allows a person to concentrate, and that takes away from this dizziness. it is when we get thru driving, that we might fall so tell her to be careful. email me so I can tell you something that needs not to be shared on this forum.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#490383 Nov 10, 2013
Pad wrote:
Working for the Lord, denomination of the Church of Christ is the only church,and that outside of it we are not part of the Body of Christ,is something the whole Body of Christ has issue with,and most of all the Word which is beyond denominational and "Church" bias.The Body of Christ is Spiritually discerned along with the WORD of Truth,as all are one in Christ.We do not need to be departmentalized by sectarianism,and that is what claiming to be NUMERO UNO does.That is what this whole blog is all about. No Scripture is of"private Interpretation" and that includes the fact that the Body of Christ is not segmented in the PERSON of Christ spiritually,although physically we are such. It takes the Mind of Christ to unite us all together,if you believe your ism is all it,that is just to bad for you.
Church of Christ (American Protestant denomination ...- Britannica
www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/114839/Chu... - Cached - Similar
Any of several conservative Protestant churches, found chiefly in the United
States. They are strongest in parts of the Midwest and in the western and
southern ...

Christ built not any denomination...

Location hidden

#490384 Nov 10, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You act like God can't see that you are a lying snake. We already corrected you on this condom thing. We proved it was a misleading headline. Why are you still posting it?
Its really baffling how a supposed Christian would be such a deceiver. For personal amusement? Taunting and inciting Catholics?? Man, get a life Ox. I'm telling your case worker to up the dosage.
Show me a lie in:
Pope approves use of condoms after historic shift - Independent.ie
www.independent.ie/.../pope-approves-use-of-c ...- Cached - Similar
Nov 21, 2010 ... POPE Benedict will this week signal a historic shift in the position of the Roman
Catholic Church by saying condoms can be morally justified.

Show me a lie in:
There are no settings on a condom...its an effective means of birth control...its an effective means of protection against sexually transmitted diseases..

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#490385 Nov 10, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Menears disease,that is what she has.She did have an accident about 15 years ago,her neck gave her much trouble,she had to go to a chiropractor.That could be the root of her problem.She never had the problem before the accident.Weather changes affect it as well.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/menieres-dis...

Location hidden

#490386 Nov 10, 2013
StarC wrote:
Why is the Catholic Church opposed to birth control? Where in the Bible is birth control condemned as being contrary to the Will of God?
The Catholic Church is not opposed to birth control when it is accomplished by natural means, by SELF control. She is opposed only to birth
control by artificial means, by the employment of
pills, condoms, IUD's, foams, jellies,
sterilization, non-completion of the act of sexual
union or any other means used to prevent conception from resulting from this act because such means profane the marital embrace and dishonor the marriage contract. God slew Onan for practicing contraception (Gen. 38:9-10); the word "onanism" derives from Onan's deed. In fact, up until the Church of England's Lambeth Conference of 1930, which accepted contraception and thus broke with the Christian tradition, contraception had been considered by all Christian churches, both Catholic and Protestant, to be gravely sinful. The Catholic Church does not feel free to change the law of God, as do Protestants.
Catholics do not require any teaching of the pope to be based on Scripture....when da pope say it...dats good enuff fer em'....

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#490387 Nov 10, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Who could not agree with you in this prayer from the heart? Hello Nick.I have been horribly busy.My wife has had vertigo for two weeks now,it is a viral attack as well as she is on antibiotics and Prednizone.She is better,but has been confined to the house all that time,only once to see the doctor.She goes to a Ear,Nose and Throat Doctor Nov 18.This time we hope this doctor will try and get to the nitty-gritty about her problem with the vertigo,or Mears disease another name for it.She takes Mecklazine as well,and will probably have to take that the rest of her life,not just when an episode comes on.
It is quite debilitating for her,and rests heavily on us all in many ways.I will include your prayer for her as well,it is wonderful to have Christ as our common denominator,as we are all ONE in Him,no matter what our churches,assemblies,groups,or whatever we call ourselves,say is what we are!
Hope you are getting better,and the same for your wife Seraphima.I am determined as a believer to not let different titles deter me from walking in this newness of life with all of you.That goes for our Catholic brethren on this blog as well.
Sorry for you Pad...I hope you are able to "fix' this, and restore your quality.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#490388 Nov 10, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>
The foundation of science is actually faith
Before performing experiments scientists start with 6 basic assumptions:
(1) that the experimental procedures will be performed adequately. That there will be no intentional or unintentional mistakes that will impact the results.
(2)That the experimenters wont be significantly biased by their preconceptions of what will happen
(3)that the random sample (the subjects/items used in the experiment)is representative of the entire population the scientist is doing to confirm or deny hypotheses about.Also that any nonrepresentative random wont significantly impact the results.
(4)that nature has regularity.That most if not all things in nature must have at least a natural cause.That here is such a thing called Objective Reality
(6)that science at least partly corresponds to that Objective Reality.
Baloney. You are using different definitions of of the term "faith.".

A scientist rules out the supernatural when looking to explain an observation or theory.

Mysticism is the opposite of science.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#490389 Nov 10, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
All them protestant heretics are damned to Hell.
Such a loving Sky-Daddy!
In spite of both religious systems condemming each other to hell at given times in history, the Bible has always set people straight as to the real reason why anyone should find themselves in a Hell.You will be at an extreme deficit if you place all of your stakes in unbelief,and rejecting God.

The human blunders of fighting over religion will not be without its judgment from God.For if one kills another because he or she did not believe the way that one does,God does not inspire that behavior,because He is true to His word.It is quite clear in the New Testament that in Christ we have a wholesome redemption,because God is total truth,love and no respector of persons.You no matter your background will not find a prejudice in the CREATOR.It is not in His nature.

A person who is Protestant,and a person who is Catholic or Orthodox,holds no respect above another with God,because of their affiliation,but is exposed completely before God as to their state of being.All that one does can be made vulnerable before God,nothing is hid from His sight.If one hates another because of a philosophy,that mars their relationship with God,GOD IS LOVE.

Love does not discriminate,all are precious in His sight,so that gives everyone of us the opportunity for His redemption and love.

God looks upon the heart,not on outside identities to organizations or a system.

That does not mean everything humans do are true,but that God looks upon the deep parts of a life,and knows them.An atheist who denies God in and of himself sets up a barrier,but God penetrates that barrier to reach into the deepest part of the person to reach out to them in love,and the many things that are done in a person's life to save them from the many obstacles in life can be attributed to God's sovereign CARE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Crazy 8,631
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... 15 hr pazuzu 9
20 years after collapse of communism, the pope ... (Sep '09) 17 hr God worships Sin ... 2
Man who sold fake immunity papers gets 3 A1 2 y... Mon Economist 1
Bagnasco controversy over sacrament comments as... Nov 23 RevKen 1
Bagnasco 'agrees with pope' Nov 23 RevKen 2
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Nov 21 KidlatNgayon 65

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE