Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 583,197
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#490164 Nov 9, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe her memory goes all the way back to what she was doing in her previous life.(lol)
I won't "knock" KM for the statement. I have no ground. It takes a certain amount of prudent confidence just to make such a statement in this atmosphere, knowing it stands to be intensely scrutinized, and most likely ridiculed.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#490165 Nov 9, 2013
In the Name of the Father Son and Holy Spirit

Father

In your infinite mercy please come to me when I do not come to you,nudge me with your caring hands when I do not listen to your voice,silence my fears when I call Your Son's Name,and help me to become more real in your Truth.

Please comfort and heal LTM and her husband, Rose and her husband,Preston and his family, Black Knight,Confronting and Kay Marie, Pad,and any of those I have forgotten,

We ask you in Jesus' Name

Amen

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#490166 Nov 9, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
She is not a hypocrite.
She is..per Scripture: And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Location hidden

#490167 Nov 9, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
In the Name of the Father Son and Holy Spirit
Father
In your infinite mercy please come to me when I do not come to you,nudge me with your caring hands when I do not listen to your voice,silence my fears when I call Your Son's Name,and help me to become more real in your Truth.
Please comfort and heal LTM and her husband, Rose and her husband,Preston and his family, Black Knight,Confronting and Kay Marie, Pad,and any of those I have forgotten,
We ask you in Jesus' Name
Amen
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Location hidden

#490168 Nov 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that purgatory was designed by none other than Catholic theologians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
No, Judaism does not have Purgatory. Purgatory, which is prominent in Catholic theology, is a place designed for an individual to redeem oneself, having the final opportunity of purification before entering Heaven. Purgatory arose from the Christian belief in original sin, and how everyone is born a sinner by virtue of descending from Adam. Therefore, innocent babies that died did not have the ability to be baptized and accept Jesus as their savior, or they were not christened, but they would be subject to Hell nonetheless. Consequently, the Catholics created Purgatory as a state after death for which individuals, particularly babies and children, could have the opportunity to purify their souls rather than be summarily subject to eternal damnation. It was a response to reconcile a seemingly heartless and merciless application of Christian doctrine with practical consciousness. Babies along with others have the opportunity to purify their souls in Purgatory to enter Heaven according to Catholic tradition.
Jews reject the idea that anyone is born sinful. We believe everyone is born with the ability to choose evil and the ability to choose good. We are not responsible for the sins of our forebears and they are not responsible for our transgressions.
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Reform-Judaism-950 ...
That would be comparable with the "waters" in the journey depicted in the "Book of the Dead". Those in the river have the opportunity to rise above the waters if they so chose.
Sound familiar?

Location hidden

#490169 Nov 9, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
She is not a hypocrite.
Scripture says she is doing what hypocrites do!!!!

Location hidden

#490170 Nov 9, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
What is witchcraft without the mumbo-jumbo ? LOL
Science and application.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#490171 Nov 9, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as your thing about a Priest who disagrees with a Marian doctrine? Who cares? There are tons of Priests and laity who disagree with certain aspects of the Church. Sometimes that even includes dogma. I'm sorry you thought it was a shocking bombshell.
If the Priest wants, he can leave the CC, pay $29.99 on the internet and become a minister. He can buy an old Blockbuster Video store and in no time, he'll have his own 'church'. Basically that's how your Protestantism began anyway.
I read your posts on the last few pages,and you are wrong about how Prots began.It is obvious that you like many of your fellow Catholics deny the facts of history.If a person is satisfied at HOME,and find life to be not only tolerable but also a place of LOVE,they will not want to leave HOME.Everyone knows that to live in Peace with others brings harmony.Historically the RCC ever since it absorbed political ambitions often became despotic toward its peoples.We see that especially in Spain and Portugal during the Inquisition.

But more important the lack of knowing the Word and not having the full freedom to live according to IT,and not just the local vicar,caused the rapid growth of a Pharisaical religious system,that enforced the Canon of Law,rather than to introduce to a soul the intimate and loving saving GRACE of Christ.

All of these things caused the cessation of many to leave the Roman Church and to join with groups of believers who wanted to live according to the Holy Word of God rather than a Pharisaical regime that came from Rome.Protestantism is just a categorizing of a people who left the RCC to literally find the Personal,loving Nature of God in Christ.To be in fellowship with others who found out that Jesus was much more concerned about their welfare than the priests who were assigned to enforce Catholic Canon."The Law brings one to the knowledge of their sin,but Grace salvages one from their sin."

Just because many RCs to date are concerned about human rights and are free to really discover their personal faith in Jesus,does not mean that the RCC has always fostered this climate of free-will thinking and personal revelation.

The word Protestant may separate Christians,and the word Catholic and Orthodox also do the same,but the fact remains that Jesus Christ is God in the Flesh,and that He sits at the right Hand of His Father,and that He sent the Holy Spirit to "Convict men of their sins,and to administer both Faith and Grace." We are not called as believers to serve an institution,although that is commendable to an extent,but to SERVE the Living Christ,to Know Him and to share in His holy attributes and (YES)His sufferings.

When you or any other Catholic assumes that Protestantism is solely the breaking down of Christian dogma and truth,you fail to see that it was the Roman Church that first caused the break down by treating God's people like slaves of a ruthless system. The Protestants were believers who could not abide by useless laws,but found GRACE in time of need,and formed communities based on that Grace which was "Spread abroad in the hearts by the Power of the Holy Spirit." The Word of God confirms it,and no matter where you think the Bible came from,it does not foster a highly institutionalized Pharisaical system.

Location hidden

#490172 Nov 10, 2013
Col Klink wrote:
The earliest Christians were the Nazarines. The apostles were among them. The RC did not come along until some time later after Rome went thru some changes, and apparently Constantine's mother converted, although he never actually left sun worship. Simon Magus played a role in forming the religion known today as Catholicism.
www.youtube.com/playlist...
Understanding the Essenes and Nazarines, and their teachings and history will better the understanding of history, religion, and the writings of the bible in regard to Jesus and the message. IMO
Pad

Rockford, IL

#490173 Nov 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I don't perceive that people are evil, and so I never believe that I see any evil in others.
I see many humans that I suspect because of being so badly let down by others have lost the ability to trust. And I see many humans that probably through experience have become emotionally bankrupt and in turn as a means of survival have become cruel ... but still I don't perceive they are evil. I perceive they are damaged, as in many ways I am damaged.
I suggest that religion is bankrupt of common sense.
The word game again June. Evil is basically a strong intent of the will of an individual,who chooses to do wrong over what he or she knows to do right.Greedy men and women who plan and scheme(plot) to gain wealth by causing misfortune to others are evil.When a man grabs a hold of a child and rapes him or her,that is evil.Gossip when it becomes degenerate and causes a person's reputation to be marred is evil.If a husband seeks to dominate his family to the point they can barely function in a wholesome and loving state,is evil,the same applies to a woman.

Evil has been falsely made into a religious word,when it defines the belligerent act of a man or woman to do great harm to others.Lust,greed,avarice and many other bad traits in men and women often become evil in scope because the people who commit such things do so with selfish intent.Your statement was very good in that you are careful NOT to call a person evil flippantly.And that you understand human frailties.However many people of faith are filled with concern and know how to deal with those who are treacherous by nature.Com mon Sense is a Biblical law,and that is found in most believers!

Location hidden

#490174 Nov 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
To threaten others that they will go to hell, is putting a curse on others ... and that is black magic.
You are invoking a devil to perform the curse that you believe will belong to others.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
witchcraft
noun
noun: witchcraft
the practice of magic, especially black magic; the use of spells and the invocation of spirits.
https://www.google.ca/#q=witchcraft+definitio...
Once the incantation has been uttered, the invocation is loosed in the dimension(by willful force), and can not be recanted, as it has already begun it's interaction within the universal law of nature. Almost always, it comes full circle and harms the very instigator of the act along with all the damage intended and even that not intended(through the ignorance) by that perpetrator.
That is why such acts or actions are discouraged and frowned upon by those who know and understand the "practice".
Many "christians"(and others) do not realize the damage that can be done by their "mouth" to all that surrounds them--including their own self condemnation by their "works" They are forbidden to even read about it.
It is not what goes "into" the mouth that harms--it is what comes "out" of the mouth that harms.

Location hidden

#490175 Nov 10, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're trusting us???? Lol ..I take that as,a,compliment I think
I try to accept "folks" for what I see in them and the circumstance. I weigh everything on a perpetually adjusting scale of fairness and justice to the best of my ability. Within that framework, a trust or distrust will eventually develop. Until such time that trust is seriously challenged, it will continue to hold that position as valid. Perhaps one day I will reveal to you where I learned how it is done.
The answer to your ??? is a relative yes.
:)
harveyton

Pittsburgh, PA

#490176 Nov 10, 2013
youtube.com/watch... What if Duh?

Location hidden

#490177 Nov 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
What I posted was not my words...they were the words of Christ....
Was the intent also? I am just asking...

Location hidden

#490178 Nov 10, 2013
truth wrote:
What so ever you lose here you lose in Heaven?
It is written.
It appears that "heaven" will have it's hands full then.
truth

Perth, Australia

#490179 Nov 10, 2013
God make nebo over us..heaven=Neven

What so ever you done to my love-ones you done to me!
Whats so ever you do with greed.
whats so ever you refuse
god make convent with my people
we walk without shoes in prayers as convent
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
truth

Perth, Australia

#490180 Nov 10, 2013
if i need i will remove evry pillar earthly and heavenly..byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyy

someone can do
others not

evil gal

is gal god bird

nobody save india and other costal eria
from port to port

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

#490181 Nov 10, 2013
tears
someone not forget that
nooooooooooooooooooooooooo
gal from portugal not save you
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo
truth

Perth, Australia

#490182 Nov 10, 2013
planetary system will gone for ever

by
then you will know what you done

n

they going used my name
its not me

what so ever false they are great loser for ever
truth

Perth, Australia

#490183 Nov 10, 2013
drugged and criminals are false witness and judges

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyy

-don't swear false
-don't claim what is not belong to you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 9 hr barry 84,043
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 hr Cultastic 9,179
News A most reluctant crusader 13 hr Polaris 11
News Armenian Genocide: Turkey To Convert Hagia Sofi... 22 hr SpaceBlues 6
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... Sat Erkek Turk 19
News Turkish Leaders Invoke Crusades, Inquisition in... Apr 18 Chuck 22
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) Apr 16 ELIAS IBARRA 51
More from around the web