Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646712 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#490017 Nov 9, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, go to the library.
Or take my quote from his *article* not his book and pull that up through Google. Or do the Amazon "look inside" thing and read what you can rather than making up what I said about what he said.
But it would be best if you bought the book -- I get frequent fundie miles for each fundie that buys a copy and mentions me.
I'm saving up for a trip to the holy land.
Yup. Bermuda here I come!
Give me,link ' the,article then please,..I put question marks because
I was asking WHAT YOU WERE IMPLYING .

I tried looking inside ..bunch of references ..And the back of the book was cryptic

I know,he,went against traditionalists ..But that doesn't say much
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#490018 Nov 9, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony ..
I apologize for being sarcastic in this,.And,anger
But I honestly do not understand you guys,really .
I've,seen you respond to atheists,..
The poster who said,about some,priest who denied the very basis,of
The miracle about JESUS birth..upholding speak to..
But you guys,get worked up about the,pronouncements of pur Church
About MARY'S, conception.
Yet you say you Worship Jesus,...not Mary .
Sorry but it dies,not MaKE,any sense.
Two days,of arguing when to baptize ..not a,word,on this,supposed priest ..are,you not supposed to contradict priests,???
Or Luke,is flawed to your Church..like,Genesis,??
But a,pope,saying Mary was,Immaculately conceived is,more important ??
Really trying to get this,.not your Church now,..unless it agrees,with the,priest ...But you guys,not contradicting..him
I didn't even know about his post until you started freaking out about it. If I responded to every goofball atheist or troll I'd be here day and night and I just don't have the time for it. I've also never heard of this priest until yesterday, so I did check him out a bit and he does exist, he does mention controversies exist in modern historicity regarding the infancy narrative, but I have yet to see him anywhere denying the virgin birth.

Point is Rose, you have an agenda. It shows especially when anyone makes a negative statement against the heirarchy of the Catholic Church. You take these statements and run with them for days without taking a second to confirm the veracity of them. Did you check this priest out? No. Did you consider who was posting? No. Did you research the argument he makes? No. As far as you knew, this priest might not have even existed. I think from now on I'm going to ask you to show me you know what you're talking about before I respond to any of your accusations. It's better that way.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#490019 Nov 9, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You take a post from an atheist and gin up some phony outrage that Catholics aren't responding to him. I think you're just looking to start another fight with Catholics. Neither I nor any other Catholic here is intimidated by a priest who speculates about Luke or undocumented early Church history.
Think what you want ..I said nothing Bad about Mary ..I talked,about how,Luke most likely got his,info FROM.her ..

I said she,never thought het Son crazy .

All things,IMO.You guys,should have said ..

False,accusations,are sinful ..if you read all.my poses..my outrage at thinking more about a,typo Jan allegations about MARY was anything BUT FALSE,.

If the Vatican used this priest ..ten EHAT He,says,they seem to go with .But traditionalists,don't agree ..son who is,right your traditional Catholics,or THE HOLY SEE .

You should know,..it's,the whole basis of your Marian beliefs,..

I cannot believe you don't get that
..But making accusations,about me is,IMPORTAMNT but against Mary its,NOT???

Have your religion. Phony scholars,and all ..font question a thing that cones out of Rome .

At least SOME of your bishops had the will to.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#490020 Nov 9, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Sometimes they have to end someone's carnal life to give them eternal life.
All in the name of love and God, of course.
They did a lot of that "business."

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#490021 Nov 9, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, with one proviso (and this makes me most hated by Abrahamists) "ALL" living things are divine including us.
I suggest that that word divine is as obnoxious as is the word evil.

They are both stretches of imagination.

Another silly expression is that babies are "miracles." I suggest they are simply babies.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#490022 Nov 9, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Think what you want ..I said nothing Bad about Mary ..I talked,about how,Luke most likely got his,info FROM.her ..
I said she,never thought het Son crazy .
All things,IMO.You guys,should have said ..
False,accusations,are sinful ..if you read all.my poses..my outrage at thinking more about a,typo Jan allegations about MARY was anything BUT FALSE,.
If the Vatican used this priest ..ten EHAT He,says,they seem to go with .But traditionalists,don't agree ..son who is,right your traditional Catholics,or THE HOLY SEE .
You should know,..it's,the whole basis of your Marian beliefs,..
I cannot believe you don't get that
..But making accusations,about me is,IMPORTAMNT but against Mary its,NOT???
Have your religion. Phony scholars,and all ..font question a thing that cones out of Rome .
At least SOME of your bishops had the will to.
I didn't accuse you of insulting the Blessed Virgin. You take a statement from an atheist and run with it, no checking it out, no nothing. Again Rose, take some time to verify before you go off the deep end.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#490023 Nov 9, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't even know about his post until you started freaking out about it. If I responded to every goofball atheist or troll I'd be here day and night and I just don't have the time for it. I've also never heard of this priest until yesterday, so I did check him out a bit and he does exist, he does mention controversies exist in modern historicity regarding the infancy narrative, but I have yet to see him anywhere denying the virgin birth.
Point is Rose, you have an agenda. It shows especially when anyone makes a negative statement against the heirarchy of the Catholic Church. You take these statements and run with them for days without taking a second to confirm the veracity of them. Did you check this priest out? No. Did you consider who was posting? No. Did you research the argument he makes? No. As far as you knew, this priest might not have even existed. I think from now on I'm going to ask you to show me you know what you're talking about before I respond to any of your accusations. It's better that way.
I've posted the,two links,I found to.him.twice ...no I did,NOT buy his book ..

I don't have an agenda,..it's,just I do not understand why something posed about Mary ..not that many things,aren't ..But using a,CATHOLUC scholar ..should get more attention than my typo ..

Ask a priest YOU trust ..something ...

I say Luke got his information on the birth from Marywhile compiling the story of Jesus,life ...

I also say she did NOT thunk her Son crazy ..But went where the brethren told her ..maybe to mediate ..She was A first century modest Jewish woman ..who most likely kept a lot secret before His Death..

Out of respect for His,ministry ..And safety as,she had all his,life .

I said NOT ONE BAD THING about her ..just think you guys,should pay attention .

This,Brown person was controversial but lauded by The CHURCH..

You folks,SHOULD know,what he said ..IMO.

And I figured you might not know ..about the ORIGINAL POST ....CLAY AND HUSKER were here ...not you

That's why I apologized for the anger to you ..
But I really want to know

So I keep asking
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#490024 Nov 9, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I've posted the,two links,I found to.him.twice ...no I did,NOT buy his book ..
I don't have an agenda,..it's,just I do not understand why something posed about Mary ..not that many things,aren't ..But using a,CATHOLUC scholar ..should get more attention than my typo ..
Ask a priest YOU trust ..something ...
I say Luke got his information on the birth from Marywhile compiling the story of Jesus,life ...
I also say she did NOT thunk her Son crazy ..But went where the brethren told her ..maybe to mediate ..She was A first century modest Jewish woman ..who most likely kept a lot secret before His Death..
Out of respect for His,ministry ..And safety as,she had all his,life .
I said NOT ONE BAD THING about her ..just think you guys,should pay attention .
This,Brown person was controversial but lauded by The CHURCH..
You folks,SHOULD know,what he said ..IMO.
And I figured you might not know ..about the ORIGINAL POST ....CLAY AND HUSKER were here ...not you
That's why I apologized for the anger to you ..
But I really want to know
So I keep asking
I have no interest in getting into conversations you've had with husker, you two have a history and I prefer to stay out of it. The only research you've done is to confirm that this priest existed. You have no idea what he wrote or what he theorized other than what some atheist said, then you flip out becuase no one jumps in to refute it. As I said, I have no desire to repond to atheist agitators.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#490025 Nov 9, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have an agenda
Your "agenda" is to preach to the world that the god of the Jews emotionally left his own religion because he finds you and your religion far more tantalizing.

:)

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#490026 Nov 9, 2013
I just had quite a heated debate with a staunch Christian who sees evil in other people and holiness in her self.

I told her that it was religion that put those thoughts in her head.

She disagreed!

She went so far as to state that medical doctors, on purpose, keep trying to harm her rather than cure her.

I told her I didn't believe that at all ... and on that note, our conversation ended.

Religion messes with people's brains ... and in turn all too often drives them to "distraction."

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#490027 Nov 9, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no interest in getting into conversations you've had with husker, you two have a history and I prefer to stay out of it. The only research you've done is to confirm that this priest existed. You have no idea what he wrote or what he theorized other than what some atheist said, then you flip out becuase no one jumps in to refute it. As I said, I have no desire to repond to atheist agitators.
AND,I DID,NOT EVER ASK YOU TO POST TO HER concerning me ..She gets,enough attention talking about her priest
..She,is,unlike,any Catholic I've ever met ..

I said,she,,and,Clay were Here and you were,not ..so I apologized for my anger..

.I was,hoping you might be interested ..

If your not fine .
To me it was wrong ...And she,be,addressed by a Catholic
Chess Jurist wrote:
One of the earliest Christian texts extant is a genuine letter from Paul to the Corinthians. At 1 Corinthians 15:3-5 he writes:
<quoted text>
This is a kerygma, a programmatic statement of faith. While Paul's letter is genuine -- his effort from around 50 AD -- the words in the above passage are not his. They represent a well-worn statement of faith, something he "received" and merely is repeating.
It is a statement as old -- or nearly so -- as Christianity itself.
Notice this kerygma is devoid of any reference to a virgin birth. A virgin birth was not necessary to the faith of the earliest Christians. Indeed, it was not known to them.
Fast forward to Mark, written around 70 AD. In Mark, a polemic against the Jerusalem Assembly, Jesus' family is antagonistic to him. In Mark 3, for example, the following passage is found:
<quoted text>
Odd that, given the annunciation found in Luke 1:
<quoted text>
So Mary, having been told by an angel of the special mission of her son in Luke 1, thinks her son is nuts when he engages in that mission in Mark 3. And early Christians exclude any reference to a virgin birth in one of their earliest statements of faith found in the first letter of Paul to the Corinthians.
Why?
Because, as Raymond Brown notes, the infancy narratives represent a late layer of tradition incorporated in the gospels -- an afterthought that in many respects was inconsistent with the earlier tradition recorded in Mark. The annunciation is part of that later tradition and something not known to the earliest Christians or to the author of Mark, a gospel entirely silent about Jesus' birth -- let alone any miracle birth.
An early Christmas gift from Chess and re-post from another thread.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#490028 Nov 9, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Herme
Peace
Nicely written....
The process then of falling deeper in love with God, allows both the world to become irrelevant, but ordered. And more intertwining of God and self as the connection between God and self lengthens in time....
I think the result is a greater appreciation, and gratitude for God....
Peace
Thanks. But I cant credit for this one. I copied this one.I thought it was fine how it was.Take Care

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#490029 Nov 9, 2013
I don't perceive that people are evil, and so I never believe that I see any evil in others.

I see many humans that I suspect because of being so badly let down by others have lost the ability to trust. And I see many humans that probably through experience have become emotionally bankrupt and in turn as a means of survival have become cruel ... but still I don't perceive they are evil. I perceive they are damaged, as in many ways I am damaged.

I suggest that religion is bankrupt of common sense.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#490030 Nov 9, 2013
In a nasty wind and snow-storm a big branch from a tree went flying from one neighbor's yard, over the fence and crashed into his other neighbor's car, causing extensive damage.

The judge in court classified it as "an act of God."

Apparently that idiocy is still written into the books of law simply because law-makers are not motivated to change the law.

It seems even by the supposed educated people in the court system to be perceived as "a keeper."

It would make more common sense to use the terminology that the mishap was caused by "a natural occurrence.”

It's highly unlikely that a god broke off the branch and threw it over the fence.
Huskerdu

Falls City, NE

#490031 Nov 9, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no doubt he would look a the,people and Be glad Christianity had flourished .And he might love the Mass
But walking around the beautiful treasures ..the,Tiaras ..the,art ..
Might HE not ask..have you fed all the,Lords,sheep ..?
Is,this such a time when NO ONE goes hungry ??
Admittedly he'd,like it now much more than in the Muddle,Ages .
Had he seen his,fellow Jews in bondage forced into conversion This,would not have sat well
As,for our services ..you'd be surprised at the richness of the sermons ..the preaching and music in some of our churches .the people living up their hands in true praises ..
The feelings of love..And seeing folks baptized ..seeing sincere conversions ..acceptance of Christ
The,Baptisms of newer believers
In fonts,..beaches ..he'd,feel right at home .
Admittedly ed developer at home in some than others,.
I don't think. He'd feel comfortable,with Joel Osteen ..
Our Lords,Supper uses the same words,that Jesus,did.
I think actually he would feel more at home in the mission fields,of Christianity..CATHOLUC and non Catholic ..
There are no tiaras at Mass. Hasn't ever been unless rolaty attended. Stop the anti Catholic rhetoric.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#490032 Nov 9, 2013
"I'm SO in love with God! I can't think of anything BUT how much I LOVE God!"

"Well YEAH ... you keep saying that ... but how do you know it works the other way?"

"Are you kidding??? My religion is irresistible. No God in his right mind would by-pass my religion for the religion of another."

"Is that all it takes to convince you that a god is in love with you?"

"Well ... what else do I NEED?"

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#490033 Nov 9, 2013
Lol
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#490034 Nov 9, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
AND,I DID,NOT EVER ASK YOU TO POST TO HER concerning me ..She gets,enough attention talking about her priest
..She,is,unlike,any Catholic I've ever met ..
I said,she,,and,Clay were Here and you were,not ..so I apologized for my anger..
.I was,hoping you might be interested ..
If your not fine .
To me it was wrong ...And she,be,addressed by a Catholic
<quoted text>
I already told you why atheist agitators aren't worth responding to. The fact that you keep pushing it tells me you have an agenda.
hojo

Chaska, MN

#490035 Nov 9, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, I said "I once was told that Catholics believe Purgatory is a second chance at Redemption" . I meant Salvation. Purgatory is not a second chance to get into heaven. Its just a purification process since nothing unclean shall enter it.
Purgatory is a place where Protestants become Catholics and Catholics become better Catholics!!!
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#490036 Nov 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
"I'm SO in love with God! I can't think of anything BUT how much I LOVE God!"
"Well YEAH ... you keep saying that ... but how do you know it works the other way?"
"Are you kidding??? My religion is irresistible. No God in his right mind would by-pass my religion for the religion of another."
"Is that all it takes to convince you that a god is in love with you?"
"Well ... what else do I NEED?"
You funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 11 hr Mr Sir 10,166
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Mon South Knox Hombre 2
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... Mon Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web