Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646593 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489975 Nov 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what happens when people choose to believe a god LOVES them and rejects others....
Agreed.

Even when their magic book says otherwise!

"He makes the sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust." Matthew 5:45

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#489976 Nov 9, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The early Christian literature gives much information on the evolution of Christianity.
It also demonstrates that all of the Christian denominations' doctrines and "histories" are flawed.
When it's aim is to claim to know truth ... ALL mythology is completely flawed.

To claim truth as fact, one needs to be able to prove (not by words in a book) but by literal fact that something exists.

All religion is based on invisibility and that is not proof of anything.

It's as real as Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny, as it lives ONLY in imagination.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#489977 Nov 9, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not out of print.
It does have the Imprimatur.
And YOU SAY IT SAYS,MARY was,Not a,Virgin ???
Conceived of the,SPIRIT???

That's,what you implied I'M JUST ASKING?????

Quesnel, Canada

#489978 Nov 9, 2013
People of religion believe that because they have an emotional attachment to the image of a god, that the god is certain to feel the same about them.

Self-hypnosis is a form of witchcraft MAGIC that works into one's brain and doesn't want to let go.

The THRILL of believing that a "GOD LOVES ME" ... holds the believer in a state of perpetual, mental bondage.

And the ritual is very difficult to BREAK.

Quesnel, Canada

#489979 Nov 9, 2013
When I was under the spell of religion, I never believed in evil, a devil, or hell, so it was easy for me to believe that the "god" would eventually welcome everyone into his eternal bliss.

And that belief also made it easy for me to leave religion, as I never believed that a god found me any more special than a Muslim or a Hindu, or a serial killer, or any other human on earth.

And now, I am convinced that even if a creator does exist, it doesn't perceive that I am more special than an ant or a monkey or a cat or a lion, as I am simply part of the creation.

However ... I no longer believe that a creator exists ... because if it did, and it had a conscience, it would have put an end to all the suffering LONG AGO and admitted that the plan, rather than being divine ... was a complete flop!!!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#489980 Nov 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When it's aim is to claim to know truth ... ALL mythology is completely flawed.
To claim truth as fact, one needs to be able to prove (not by words in a book) but by literal fact that something exists.
All religion is based on invisibility and that is not proof of anything.
It's as real as Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny, as it lives ONLY in imagination.
Agreed 100%.

IMHO, the purpose of mythology is to understand ourselves, not some invisible (and inevitably useless) deity.

"I said you are ALL Gods!" Psalm 82

“"None shall pass"”

There

#489981 Nov 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
People of religion believe that because they have an emotional attachment to the image of a god, that the god is certain to feel the same about them.....
The same delusional disorder as a celebrity stalker.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#489982 Nov 9, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And YOU SAY IT SAYS,MARY was,Not a,Virgin ???
Conceived of the,SPIRIT???
That's,what you implied I'M JUST ASKING?????
Why don't you read the book, child?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#489983 Nov 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that there were other break-away Jews at the time Christianity was busy forming it's supposed truthful foundation ... but they were all nuttier than fruitcakes ... believing sex was evil and the body was evil and that the devil lurked everywhere trying to entice them away from the supposed god.
They would jump off cliffs to try to escape the supposed evil.
Religion drove more than a few people totally insane.
It still drives them insane.

Quesnel, Canada

#489984 Nov 9, 2013
A beautiful sunset or the pretty colors on the wing of a butterfly does not compensate for all the suffering that occurs every second of every day on earth.

I don't believe that a god with a conscience would have ANY part whatsoever in such a PLAN.

I call my attitude respect!
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#489985 Nov 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
....but they were all nuttier than fruitcakes ... believing sex was evil and the body was evil and that the devil lurked everywhere trying to entice them away from the supposed god....
And you're nuttier than a squirrel turd.

Never hear of the Carpocratians, huh?

They may be -- in my estimation were -- in the chain of custody of the canonical gospel of Mark.

And, if Clement of Alexander was correct, they were trying to boink their way to heaven.

You really need some history lessons.

Quesnel, Canada

#489986 Nov 9, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
Even when their magic book says otherwise!
"He makes the sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust." Matthew 5:45
Through the years I did my bible study, and it turned me away rather than drawing me to it's pages.

That word HOLY on the cover made me realize that the word itself ought to be held "suspect" ... as the scripture stated in plain words that the god created good AND evil.

To be taught that if you believe such and such the god will love you, and will disown those other ones over there, ought to put up red flags in the minds of all those who care to scrutinize rather than fall FOR the words that simply make them feel SPECIAL.
Human Being

Jena, LA

#489987 Nov 9, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>You are very kind.
Orthodoxy has 2,000 years of theologians. If rational debate and discussion is your thing, you can find a lifetime of reading, information, and debate to fill your curious mind.
But, for Orthodox, the only reason theologians wrote, detailed and debated these subjects was to help those who did not know Jesus know something about Him. I
n other words, Orthodoxy has theology, but that is because people outside like to talk about it. Orthodoxy is about something totally different.
It is about falling in love.
We are not expected to understand what is too difficult for us, we are not expected to comprehend the incomprehensible
God is not interested in His people being right ABOUT Him, but being abiding (or living) IN Him.
God wants us to fall in love with Him, to revel in Him, to abide in Him.
This process of love falling deeper in love is never ending, because the God with whom we fall in love is infinite.
Herme

Peace

Nicely written....

The process then of falling deeper in love with God, allows both the world to become irrelevant, but ordered. And more intertwining of God and self as the connection between God and self lengthens in time....

I think the result is a greater appreciation, and gratitude for God....

Peace

Quesnel, Canada

#489988 Nov 9, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The same delusional disorder as a celebrity stalker.
Exactly the same.

"GOD HAS to love me! I demand the LOVE from the GOD. After all, I feel that way about HIM, so I INSIST that HE HAS to feel the same about ME!!!"

It's simply a form of witchcraft.

Quesnel, Canada

#489989 Nov 9, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need some history lessons.
The lesson I learned from studying history is that religion is NOT good.

It teaches people to defend their own cults and perceive that those in other religious mindsets are wrong ... and worse yet ... evil.
Human Being

Jena, LA

#489990 Nov 9, 2013
"Eternal Father, I offer You, the Body and Blood, Soul an Divinity, of Your dearly Beloved Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins, and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us, and on the whole world."
Liam

Detroit, MI

#489991 Nov 9, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
About the last thing I wanted to be was Catholic.(although I was baptized and semi- raised in the faith) when I was older I was not. I woke up on the floor of a mold, urine, blood and puke stained jail cell looking at 3-5 yrs in prison. That's where the Holy Spirit lifted me up. I repented and received another undeserving grace from God.
My personal desire was to join a evangelical mega Church like I would see on tv. I even considered Jehovah's Witness. Catholicism never really entered my mind until I found out something was wrong with these protestant groups. Seriously, I would mention I grew up Catholic, and the pastor or elders would launch into a speech about the evils of the Roman Catholic Church. Now, I never liked sitting in Church, the Mass was boring and the rules sucked. But I never once thought of it all as evil. Then, they would say all these other lies that I knew weren't true. Worshiping Mary? Lol. I definitely knew we didn't worship Mary when I was younger, and I also knew the honor we gave her didn't offend Jesus! I once was told that Catholics believe Purgatory is a second chance at redemption. I talked to a Priest, found out the truth and went to the in- law that told me that and they STILL wouldn't retract. They STILL told me I was wrong. They STILL continued on preaching a lie about Catholics. Crazy.
Anyway, they all had their chance to convince me. I gave them an honest fair try and they failed because they entwine so much deception into their faith. Ridiculous. They literally can not have a religion unless they falsely accuse the Catholic faith. But through all that, I still love them. I'll stop there.
God bless
I'm sorry, I said "I once was told that Catholics believe Purgatory is a second chance at Redemption" . I meant Salvation. Purgatory is not a second chance to get into heaven. Its just a purification process since nothing unclean shall enter it.

Quesnel, Canada

#489992 Nov 9, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Herme
Peace
Nicely written....
The process then of falling deeper in love with God, allows both the world to become irrelevant, but ordered. And more intertwining of God and self as the connection between God and self lengthens in time....
I think the result is a greater appreciation, and gratitude for God....
Peace
Do you believe that because you LOVE the image of a god ... that the "feelings" are MUTUAL???

:)

I know from your past posts that you can be that arrogant ... but I don't believe you can be that DENSE.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#489993 Nov 9, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet one of you crawled,down my throat for a,typo ..
Saying I WAS,blasphemous her ..
You folks .
Some priest says,the nativity story is,false and you cannot contradict it .
The poser is,convinced yet again on this page that MARU thought her son crazy ..
And no comment .I really DOBT get you guys,..
I commented because ITS NOT TRUE ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURE..
NOT FIR YOU guys,. No appreciation needed.
That was,not the point .
You all go out of your way for YOUR CHURCH but not the,FAITH..not evidently MARY ..
I don't get that at all
Mary doesn't need me to defend her against atheists. I do feel an obligation to defend her against folks who claim to be Christian, if only to help you avoid making a huge mistake. I don't know the priest, never heard of him before now, and what he says is mere historical speculation. It has no effect on my beliefs or the teachings of the Church. You should grow a thicker skin.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#489994 Nov 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The lesson I learned from studying history is that religion is NOT good.
It teaches people to defend their own cults and perceive that those in other religious mindsets are wrong ... and worse yet ... evil.
And yet here you are doing exactly that -- without much knowledge on the topic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Scales Off 10,161
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... 1 hr South Knox Hombre 2
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... 3 hr Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web