Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 555,079
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#489694 Nov 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>now look who REALLY is adding to the Words of Jesus. He let us know that there is only ONE way to be saved and NOW you are saying, unlike the words of Jesus, that there is [another sense] of Salvation.
you are not only blinded but you are a loose cannon, ready to explode and destroy everything that Jesus actually Said.
?

While they died with faith in the coming of the Messiah, they had to wait until Jesus opened the gates of heaven by His death and resurrection.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#489695 Nov 8, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> The blame is on you, not God.
OH stop being so silly.

Had a creator created all living forms of life as perfect, there would be no need TO suffer.

If you think that any animals chose to suffer, I suggest that you are DEAD WRONG!

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#489696 Nov 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>[accompanied by faith as one matures] so the Blood applied to a person when he first believes and is Saved isnt enough? is that what you are implying. that maturation must enter into the Gift of Salvation to the believer. LOL.
every time that you post, you show that you know NOTHING about the salvation and the gift of Eternal Life to the believer.
Maturation or as Christians call it , Sanctification, is good to help us lead a Christian lifestyle, but it plays no part in our Salvation, that was taken care of on Calvary.
in my few years, I have seen people mature very quickly in their walk with the Lord(I was one) and seen others who seemed to never grow in the Lord but that lack of Growth never lessened their love of the Lord.
If you ever get Saved, you will understand, until then you will walk with blinders on your face, never seeing what God will do for US, who are Christians.
I think he,May mean maturation ..because BABies, are baptized ..they WOULD HAVE TO mature into being saved
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#489697 Nov 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sure you do. you baptize babies. in fact you catholics got all kinds of ways to be Saved.
Um, no, we don't believe water saves us.

Prince George, Canada

#489698 Nov 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said belief AND baptism.
Did Jesus tell you that in person, or are you taking the words of Catholic theologians as absolute truth???

Not one writing on earth was ever signed by a man with the title of Jesus.

THAT is not a coincidence.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#489699 Nov 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you are Correct. people like Anthony or hank can only stand on the sidelines when it comes to seeing people get Healed or Saved, they are not equipped(not Saved) to align themselves with Gods People.
at no time did Jesus tell the man who was lowered down into where Jesus was, did He say' your water baptism has caused you to be healed", and of course, there is ample reason for that, isn't there?
NO, He said" their faith has caused you to be healed".
Faith is the key that opens a storehouse of His blessing on His Children who are Born Again
And the womsn with such faith she touched his,garment ...And the,Centurion who believed in CHRISTS words,alone healing ..FAITH FAITH FAITH ..
NOT that Baptism is,Not a good a,right thing to do ...But it's,FAITH that heals,US,
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#489700 Nov 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he,May mean maturation ..because BABies, are baptized ..they WOULD HAVE TO mature into being saved
A baby must grow with faith. If he grows up and rejects the faith, his baptism ain't gonna save him.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#489701 Nov 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, no, we don't believe water saves us.
I AM STILL WANTING one CATHOLUC to comment on this,as,I did last night three times EITH something other than a comment about typos,and St Ignatius,

Thanks
Chess Jurist wrote:
One of the earliest Christian texts extant is a genuine letter from Paul to the Corinthians. At 1 Corinthians 15:3-5 he writes:
<quoted text>
This is a kerygma, a programmatic statement of faith. While Paul's letter is genuine -- his effort from around 50 AD -- the words in the above passage are not his. They represent a well-worn statement of faith, something he "received" and merely is repeating.
It is a statement as old -- or nearly so -- as Christianity itself.
Notice this kerygma is devoid of any reference to a virgin birth. A virgin birth was not necessary to the faith of the earliest Christians. Indeed, it was not known to them.
Fast forward to Mark, written around 70 AD. In Mark, a polemic against the Jerusalem Assembly, Jesus' family is antagonistic to him. In Mark 3, for example, the following passage is found:
<quoted text>
Odd that, given the annunciation found in Luke 1:
<quoted text>
So Mary, having been told by an angel of the special mission of her son in Luke 1, thinks her son is nuts when he engages in that mission in Mark 3. And early Christians exclude any reference to a virgin birth in one of their earliest statements of faith found in the first letter of Paul to the Corinthians.
Why?
Because, as Raymond Brown notes, the infancy narratives represent a late layer of tradition incorporated in the gospels -- an afterthought that in many respects was inconsistent with the earlier tradition recorded in Mark. The annunciation is part of that later tradition and something not known to the earliest Christians or to the author of Mark, a gospel entirely silent about Jesus' birth -- let alone any miracle birth.
An early Christmas gift from Chess and re-post from another thread.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#489702 Nov 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And the womsn with such faith she touched his,garment ...And the,Centurion who believed in CHRISTS words,alone healing ..FAITH FAITH FAITH ..
NOT that Baptism is,Not a good a,right thing to do ...But it's,FAITH that heals,US,
Faith and baptism. It's all through the gospel. Not sure why you guys are trying so hard to disrespect it.

Prince George, Canada

#489703 Nov 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism is simply another form of witchcraft.

Witches are also certain that their power comes through them from a higher power.

Prince George, Canada

#489704 Nov 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
FAITH FAITH FAITH
Said the witch to her broomstick as she flew through the air to places otherwise unknown!

:)

Prince George, Canada

#489705 Nov 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
A baby must grow with faith. If he grows up and rejects the faith, his baptism ain't gonna save him.
Your "god" needs human ritual ... or he can't function.

How funny!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#489706 Nov 8, 2013
little maria of south america saw a vision of 'mary'.'mary' told her to tell everyone to "pray the rosary".

it just so happens that little maria also has been known to curse profanities in languages she doesn't understand (tourette's or demons?) and her parents can't control her anymore. but, catholics should listen to her cuz after all it is 'mary' queen of heaven!:)

"when you pray, don't be like the heathen who use vain repetitions, thinking that they're heard for their many words...." Jesus

Prince George, Canada

#489707 Nov 8, 2013
From the book, "The Way Our People Lived," ... An intimate American history, by William E. Woodward, published 1944, comes the following ...

A Puritan Village in 1680.......

The ordination of a new minister always meant a tremendous drinking bout. When Reverend Edwin Jackson was ordained at Woburn, the itemized list of expenses on that occasion show that the congregation drank six and a half barrels of cider, twenty-five gallons of wine, two gallons of brandy and four gallons of rum.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#489708 Nov 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism must be accompanied by faith. I don't think I've ever qualified salvation by the level of understanding of the faith one has. I am saved, I'm being saved, and I will be saved. I think we have a disconnect as to the meaning of "saved". This should help you;
The Catholic Christian answers this question in three stages or levels corresponding to the three meanings the words "saved" and "salvation" have in the Bible.(These meanings are found in the previous section, "Salvation: A Biblical Portrait." )
Catholic Christians can respond that they have been saved. This acknowledges the first meaning of "saved" and "salvation" in scripture--Jesus Christ, Savior, by whose act of salvation we are objectively saved--He died, rose from the dead, saved them from sin.
2 Cor 5:17
So whoever is in Christ is a new creation
Catholic Christians can also respond that they are being saved. This acknowledges the second meaning "saved" and "salvation" have in scripture--the present experience, God's power delivering constantly from the bondage of sin.
1 Cor 15:2
Through it (the gospel) you are also being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.
Catholic Christians also respond that they will be saved, that they have hope and confidence that God will give them the grace of perseverance; that they will respond to it; and accept his gift of salvation until their death. This acknowledges the third meaning the words "saved" and "salvation" have in scripture--the future deliverance of believers at the Second Coming of Christ.
Rom 5:9
How much more then, since we are now justified by his blood, will we be saved through him from the wrath.
http://www.catholicapologetics.org/ap020600.h...
Have to say this,is,more in line with what I expected from.a,CATHOLic Christian teaching ..than anything I've read,previously Anthony ..

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#489709 Nov 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll look
Thanks,
It's,just. Obvious,she,has,to be the,source of early info
And the,fact that she,didn't blab it all over while,he,was alive is in keeping with her as,a,Jewish LADY,...plus,Jesus,was the center of their lives,...NOT HER
Well, for what it's worth, you have to take into account the position of "women" in the society of that time also...which is basically "unheard"...and with that in mind, there would be little or no accounting at that "first hand" level...rather , it would come from a more accomplished and accepted personality of the immediate circumstance(being male)...now you are back to "Luke", or another prominent individual.
The frustrating difficulties in discovery of actuality regarding history.

Prince George, Canada

#489710 Nov 8, 2013
If by intellect it's "unknowable" how can anyone know it exists???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Wicca acknowledges a supreme divine power, unknowable, ultimate from which the entire universe sprang.

Scott Cunningham

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#489711 Nov 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>From the Garden to the Cross, there is one theme and that is the Blood,

shed Blood,not water.
God gave,us,the,PROMISE..the,examp le,..the,law,..ten,perfect Sacrifice in His,Blessed Son..

To satisfy HIS,Perfect Justice ..

Prince George, Canada

#489712 Nov 8, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
"when you pray, don't be like the heathen who use vain repetitions, thinking that they're heard for their many words...." Jesus
Did a man named Jesus sign that paper ... or did a Catholic sign it in the pretense that he was "working for the supposed Lord?"

:)

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#489713 Nov 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>From the Garden to the Cross, there is one theme and that is
the Blood, shed Blood,not water.
Those,who awaited Him in Abrahams,bosom ..we're,saved,by the,same,BLOOD
SACRIFICE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope hopes Turkey visit promotes peace 52 min Mary joe 3
A Gentleman. Thu QUITTNER Nov27 2014 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Crazy 8,633
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Tue pazuzu 9
20 years after collapse of communism, the pope ... (Sep '09) Nov 25 God worships Sin ... 2
Man who sold fake immunity papers gets 3 A1 2 y... Nov 24 Economist 1
Bagnasco controversy over sacrament comments as... Nov 23 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE