Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650625 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489954 Nov 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Within theology ... that would be before the crucifixion?
The Catholics were the first ones to use the word Christian in the first century AD.
Not sure about specific Catholic Bible-babble but many Christians claim that Jesus and the Bible existed before the Creation and use John 1 as "proof".

It is impossible to use logic and reality with such insanity.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#489955 Nov 9, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
About the last thing I wanted to be was Catholic.(although I was baptized and semi- raised in the faith) when I was older I was not. I woke up on the floor of a mold, urine, blood and puke stained jail cell looking at 3-5 yrs in prison. That's where the Holy Spirit lifted me up. I repented and received another undeserving grace from God.
My personal desire was to join a evangelical mega Church like I would see on tv. I even considered Jehovah's Witness. Catholicism never really entered my mind until I found out something was wrong with these protestant groups. Seriously, I would mention I grew up Catholic, and the pastor or elders would launch into a speech about the evils of the Roman Catholic Church. Now, I never liked sitting in Church, the Mass was boring and the rules sucked. But I never once thought of it all as evil. Then, they would say all these other lies that I knew weren't true. Worshiping Mary? Lol. I definitely knew we didn't worship Mary when I was younger, and I also knew the honor we gave her didn't offend Jesus! I once was told that Catholics believe Purgatory is a second chance at redemption. I talked to a Priest, found out the truth and went to the in- law that told me that and they STILL wouldn't retract. They STILL told me I was wrong. They STILL continued on preaching a lie about Catholics. Crazy.
Anyway, they all had their chance to convince me. I gave them an honest fair try and they failed because they entwine so much deception into their faith. Ridiculous. They literally can not have a religion unless they falsely accuse the Catholic faith. But through all that, I still love them. I'll stop there.
God bless
Good for you..Really ..You are happy with the CHURCH in which you worship.

The Holy Spirit lifted you up out of your life .
I never would look to a metaphoric

Not one person..nor pastor in the Chur h I was baptized in talked about the RCC..in fact we were a small congregation..after talking with the pastor we had and the other members ..we opened our Church on Good Friday for quiet contemplation and prayer ..we,all came as we could ..it was lovely ..And yes,I suggested it..they knew it came from.my years,as a Catholic...everyone liked it .

Imagine that ....not one person threw a rock at me..nor put down the idea,.

They commemorated the Passover supper ..And of course had Sunday service ..as usual. But this,was not their tradition..

As in it was a,great time for Contemplation of he Passion..

See Clay ...You cannot judge peoples,hearts by one,or several Churches,.I loved that small Church..our worship and the people in it .
AND IT WAS NOT AS A CATHOLIC
That I realized the,full extent of what CHRIST did for us,
HE DID IT ALL ..HIS,SACRIFICE ..we are,BLOOD BOUGHT CHILDREN OF THE MOST HIGH GOD ..
We accept HE sAcrifice BY FAITH ..not ritual ...repent and follow Him

But NOTHING WE DO could pay for ONE SIN....iF HE,DID NOT TAKE ALL SIN ON THAT CROSS....there is nothing ..no more perfect sacrifice .

WE MUST REPENT OUR SIN....each and every one ..But the TREASURY o pay for he Sin is,not the Works of Saints or ourselves ..it was FINISHED..bought and paid ..at Calvary .

This year I went to Stations,..I still think the Catholic Church devotion to thE Passion a wonderful.thing .

You think.I hate the,Church..I do not .

Still I wonder a not one of you talkin about the matter of this,priest

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_E._Brown

Evidently held in high regard BUT CONROVERSIAL

http://www.americancatholic.org/News/RayBrown...

who yesterday's,poster says,disputed Luke about Mary ...

And not one of you wanted to touch it ..

“"None shall pass"”

There

#489956 Nov 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There were Catholics long before the bible became an ITEM.
I agree, I am merely pointing out there fallacy that their Bible existed prior to 350AD. It didn't.

There also many othe3r sects of Christianity before Constantine banned them (IE: killed and tortured them int conversion and burned their tests).
It was different outside Roman Control where the non-Pauline sects would be 'organized' under Muhammad.

Islam is just another Christian cult and just as 'valid' as Catholicism.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#489958 Nov 9, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You may acquire his most excellent book on the infancy narratives here:
http://www.amazon.com/Birth-Messiah-Commentar...
Tell 'em Chess sent you.
THANKS,but no intention of buying his book .

Funny thing the list of his books,on the,CATHOLUC site,praising him.

Says,his book.about the,Nativity is,out of print ..wonder if it has the Imprimatur IF IT SAYS,WHAT YOU SAY IT SAYS.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#489959 Nov 9, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Apples don't fall far beyond the umbrella of the tree. It is always an outside causation(influence) if/when they do.
I suggest that people of religion that hang around in groups find it more difficult to leave the group, than a person that has been religious, but has not been involved in (for instance) a church, mosque or synagogue.

I never was one to cotton to group activity concerning religion, and so when I left religion, I did it on my own and in turn never lost any so-called "friends" that were certain I had become a traitor to their "god."

Quesnel, Canada

#489960 Nov 9, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Christians do not associate with witchcraft. Confessionals are part of the false doctrine of the Catholic church.
From my perspective ALL religion that depends on ritualistic superstition based all that nonsense on sorcery, or witchcraft, or fortune-telling, or voodoo, or shamanism, et cetera.

You don't appreciated that terminology because you want to perceive that you and your group are HOLY and others are evil. But I perceive that to be fair, all religion should painted by the same brush.

Quesnel, Canada

#489961 Nov 9, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
GENESIS is the oldest text on the planet.
History of religious texts

The oldest known religious texts are Pyramid texts of Ancient Egypt that date to 2400-2300 BCE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_text

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#489962 Nov 9, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...Well if you 've read my posts,since last night ..I'll join you gladly ..
Thank goodness for Nick ..But then he's,not Catholic ..nor has,his head in the sand ..nor threAtened somehow,by writing other than the so called early father's,....
If it's not from the EARLY FATHERS,..evidently it's not worth defending
I guess ...for tHE Catholics,in HERE
But yes,I'm excited ..those people have the faith of the persecuted .
GOD BLESS them ..just hope the North Koreans,don't watch Fox ..
You are very kind.
Orthodoxy has 2,000 years of theologians. If rational debate and discussion is your thing, you can find a lifetime of reading, information, and debate to fill your curious mind.

But, for Orthodox, the only reason theologians wrote, detailed and debated these subjects was to help those who did not know Jesus know something about Him. I

n other words, Orthodoxy has theology, but that is because people outside like to talk about it. Orthodoxy is about something totally different.

It is about falling in love.

We are not expected to understand what is too difficult for us, we are not expected to comprehend the incomprehensible

God is not interested in His people being right ABOUT Him, but being abiding (or living) IN Him.

God wants us to fall in love with Him, to revel in Him, to abide in Him.

This process of love falling deeper in love is never ending, because the God with whom we fall in love is infinite.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#489963 Nov 9, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you..Really ..You are happy with the CHURCH in which you worship.
The Holy Spirit lifted you up out of your life .
I never would look to a metaphoric
Not one person..nor pastor in the Chur h I was baptized in talked about the RCC..in fact we were a small congregation..after talking with the pastor we had and the other members ..we opened our Church on Good Friday for quiet contemplation and prayer ..we,all came as we could ..it was lovely ..And yes,I suggested it..they knew it came from.my years,as a Catholic...everyone liked it .
Imagine that ....not one person threw a rock at me..nor put down the idea,.
They commemorated the Passover supper ..And of course had Sunday service ..as usual. But this,was not their tradition..
As in it was a,great time for Contemplation of he Passion..
See Clay ...You cannot judge peoples,hearts by one,or several Churches,.I loved that small Church..our worship and the people in it .
AND IT WAS NOT AS A CATHOLIC
That I realized the,full extent of what CHRIST did for us,
HE DID IT ALL ..HIS,SACRIFICE ..we are,BLOOD BOUGHT CHILDREN OF THE MOST HIGH GOD ..
We accept HE sAcrifice BY FAITH ..not ritual ...repent and follow Him
But NOTHING WE DO could pay for ONE SIN....iF HE,DID NOT TAKE ALL SIN ON THAT CROSS....there is nothing ..no more perfect sacrifice .
WE MUST REPENT OUR SIN....each and every one ..But the TREASURY o pay for he Sin is,not the Works of Saints or ourselves ..it was FINISHED..bought and paid ..at Calvary .
This year I went to Stations,..I still think the Catholic Church devotion to thE Passion a wonderful.thing .
You think.I hate the,Church..I do not .
Still I wonder a not one of you talkin about the matter of this,priest
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_E._Brown
Evidently held in high regard BUT CONROVERSIAL
http://www.americancatholic.org/News/RayBrown...
who yesterday's,poster says,disputed Luke about Mary ...
And not one of you wanted to touch it ..
As far as your thing about a Priest who disagrees with a Marian doctrine? Who cares? There are tons of Priests and laity who disagree with certain aspects of the Church. Sometimes that even includes dogma. I'm sorry you thought it was a shocking bombshell.
If the Priest wants, he can leave the CC, pay $29.99 on the internet and become a minister. He can buy an old Blockbuster Video store and in no time, he'll have his own 'church'. Basically that's how your Protestantism began anyway.

Quesnel, Canada

#489964 Nov 9, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
The papacy is just jealous of Solomon and Moses is all.
They never had that kind of power...and never will. They have to use multitudes of men to even come near their accomplishments, and then take the glory for it in deceit.
I suggest that Solomon and Moses were made-up characters by Jewish theologians.

Theologians were and still are always busy in their imaginations creating fictitious scenarios ... as that was and is how they earned and still earn their KEEPS.

Gerald Gardner was one of the most modern theologians that created quite a STIR with his fictional nonsense.

Quesnel, Canada

#489965 Nov 9, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I always,learn from you ..thanks,
In other words ... "I always 'agree' with what you post."

:)
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#489966 Nov 9, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
THANKS,but no intention of buying his book .
Funny thing the list of his books,on the,CATHOLUC site,praising him.
Says,his book.about the,Nativity is,out of print ..wonder if it has the Imprimatur IF IT SAYS,WHAT YOU SAY IT SAYS.
It is not out of print.

It does have the Imprimatur.

Quesnel, Canada

#489967 Nov 9, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You practice the art of witchcraft every day, and don't even realize it.
Of course they practice witchcraft. Baptist is a form of witchcraft in the belief that humans can manipulate the emotions of a god.

"Now my baby is baptized ... so you (god) have to accept her/him into your kingdom of bliss ... period!"

“"None shall pass"”

There

#489968 Nov 9, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
Here is a shot at your request for response from an Orthodox
The Jesus story was centered on his death on the cross and the resurrection. The Good News began with Easter.
The Christmas story developed much later.
This accounts for the fact that Mark, the earliest Gospel, gives no information on the birth of Jesus.
The church did not formally celebrate Christmas until the fourth century (Rome A.D. 336).
The infancy tradition was never part of the preaching (kerygma) or the teaching(Didache) of the early Church. The only mention Paul makes is that Jesus was born of a woman (Galatians 04:04).
In the preaching of Acts and Paul’s letters there is no mention of Jesus' birth or any miraculous happenings connected with it (02:23, 32; 03:14-15; 04:10; 10:39-40; 1 Corinthians 15:03-04).
This makes sense. Paul is writing in response to specific controversies facing the early Church. He's not writing to pagans who need to learn about who Jesus is. He's writing to existing Christians. So he skips a lot of the background, because they already know it.
In other words, he's writing apologetics, not a biography.
The Gospels are the biographies of Christ
You don't see a lot of biography in Paul's letters, or a lot of apologetics in the Synoptic Gospels, but that's because they're different genres of Books.
The early Christian literature gives much information on the evolution of Christianity.
It also demonstrates that all of the Christian denominations' doctrines and "histories" are flawed.

Quesnel, Canada

#489969 Nov 9, 2013
marge wrote:
"This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.
You are practicing witchcraft. You read words in your bible and then believe you can manipulate the mind of a god with your own will.

That is sorcery of the most ancient barbaric form.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#489970 Nov 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are practicing witchcraft. You read words in your bible and then believe you can manipulate the mind of a god with your own will.
That is sorcery of the most ancient barbaric form.
If you say the right magic words, then the deity will grant your wish.

"I believe in Jesus" gets you entrance to the Elysian Fields now. <smile>

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#489971 Nov 9, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>You are very kind.
Orthodoxy has 2,000 years of theologians. If rational debate and discussion is your thing, you can find a lifetime of reading, information, and debate to fill your curious mind.
But, for Orthodox, the only reason theologians wrote, detailed and debated these subjects was to help those who did not know Jesus know something about Him. I
n other words, Orthodoxy has theology, but that is because people outside like to talk about it. Orthodoxy is about something totally different.
It is about falling in love.
We are not expected to understand what is too difficult for us, we are not expected to comprehend the incomprehensible
God is not interested in His people being right ABOUT Him, but being abiding (or living) IN Him.
God wants us to fall in love with Him, to revel in Him, to abide in Him.
This process of love falling deeper in love is never ending, because the God with whom we fall in love is infinite.
I love that.

FALLING IN LOVE ..

I learned as a child all about Christ ..I guess principle say I loved Him..I wanted to be like the Little Flower ..St Theresa ..

Btw try as I might and I did ..I know,I did NOT FEEL heart love ..until more recently..

It is like bring in love when you think.on it .

I think of Him.WILLING going to His horrible death..feeling atonement abandoned ..dealing EITH that which was abhorrent on Him..JUST for me and my sinful life .

Amazing Grace indeed

Quesnel, Canada

#489972 Nov 9, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure about specific Catholic Bible-babble but many Christians claim that Jesus and the Bible existed before the Creation and use John 1 as "proof".
It is impossible to use logic and reality with such insanity.
That is what happens when people choose to believe a god LOVES them and rejects others.

They manipulate words in VAIN and in turn convince their selves that a god supports those witchy self-centered manipulations.

"Our GOD is WISE because HE sees that WE are worthy of praise and salvation, and HE sees that others deserve nothing but scorn and eternal HELL."

No attitude could be more based on vanity than that religious attitude.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#489973 Nov 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that Solomon and Moses were made-up characters by Jewish theologians.
Theologians were and still are always busy in their imaginations creating fictitious scenarios ... as that was and is how they earned and still earn their KEEPS.
Gerald Gardner was one of the most modern theologians that created quite a STIR with his fictional nonsense.
Most modern Jews understand their beliefs as Tradition, not Religion. Actually, most Christians in the USA do the same.
IN fact, Jesus (allegedly) confronted the Preists for claiming Tradition was Truth.

SSDD

"Jesus wept."

Quesnel, Canada

#489974 Nov 9, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, I am merely pointing out there fallacy that their Bible existed prior to 350AD. It didn't.
There also many othe3r sects of Christianity before Constantine banned them (IE: killed and tortured them int conversion and burned their tests).
It was different outside Roman Control where the non-Pauline sects would be 'organized' under Muhammad.
Islam is just another Christian cult and just as 'valid' as Catholicism.
I agree that there were other break-away Jews at the time Christianity was busy forming it's supposed truthful foundation ... but they were all nuttier than fruitcakes ... believing sex was evil and the body was evil and that the devil lurked everywhere trying to entice them away from the supposed god.

They would jump off cliffs to try to escape the supposed evil.

Religion drove more than a few people totally insane.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web