Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650381 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#489826 Nov 8, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree!
so, let's discuss your religion:
what do you believe about our origin and why do you believe it?
I was raised a roman catholic. Like most catholics today I no longer practice. According to the church I am a non-practicing catholic, according to me I am still seeking the truth. Truth that has crystal clear evidence.

Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#489827 Nov 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT MY CHURCH ..thanks,
But probably why Catholics,won't refute you ..Catholics can't go against what a,priest says,.
Amazing
And yet there are many who do.

Odd that,huh?

I think it has something to do with their love of Mariology.

But I've never figured out what the study of Nintendo's Mario Bros. games has to do with the topic.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#489828 Nov 8, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Have to agree with you on that one.
There were hundreds of Christian texts circulating before Constantine authorized the limited and biased collection of them in 350AD creating what would become known as the Catholic Bible.
Prior to 350AD there was no Bible, let alone a Catholic one.
There were Catholics long before the bible became an ITEM.

Prince George, Canada

#489829 Nov 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Mathura, North India 3127 B.C.
The moon was in the constellation of Aldebaran and it was the 8th lunar day of the dark fortnight in 3127 B.C.
The blessed virgin, Devaki, was about to deliver a baby boy; Krishna was to be his name. His birth had been heralded by the astral formation of a Rohini Nakshatra, a most auspicious astrological sequence.
His father, Vasudeva was a carpenter. Unfortunately, a wise Brahmin had predicted to King Kansa, the ruler of Mathura, that a son born to Devaki would destroy him. Kansa ordered the death of all male babies on the day of Krishna's birth to prevent the prophecy from coming true. Luckily for Krishna, his father was pre-warned and fled with the child to Gokul where he could be brought up safely.
Hinduism has long worshiped the Holy Trinity of Brahma - the Creator; Vishnu - the Preserver and Shiva - the Destroyer. Krishna, it was believed, was the second entity in this trinity. Much like the second entity in the trinity of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. The name Krishna is sometimes spelled as "Christna".
There were many "religions" before Catholicism ... but I suggest not any Christian religions.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#489830 Nov 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Within theology ... that would be before the crucifixion?
The Catholics were the first ones to use the word Christian in the first century AD.
No they weren't, child.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#489831 Nov 8, 2013
Ah it must be time ..all those judge icons ..sigh ..

Prince George, Canada

#489832 Nov 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
That was nearly 77 years ago...and the Living Lord is still keeping me!
If the lord Jehovah believed you were worthy of heaven ... why would he keep you on earth.

Isn't heaven supposed to be a better place than earth.

:)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#489833 Nov 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, St. Paul wasn't against baptism, he was against people thinking one person's baptism (his) was better than another's.
If you can understand/figure out the above ..you should be able understand that Peter was not singled out to be better than the rest of the apostles...

Read what JESUS HAD TO SAY ABOUT IT...

Luk 22:24 And there was also a strife among them,(THE APOSTLES) which of them should be accounted the greatest.

Luk 22:25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.

Luk 22:26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.

Luk 22:27 For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat?

but I am among you as he that serveth.

Luk 22:28 Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.

Luk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Luk 22:30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

JESUS DID NOT SET PETER ABOVE TH OTHER APOSTLES..HERE...
Michael

Canada

#489834 Nov 8, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
There are over 30,000 Christian denominations to prove your statement.
And not a single denomination can prove anything to the satisfaction of any other denomination.
God is not the author of confusion Cor 14:33

OH??

......yet never has a set of books (the bible) proved more confusing.

...As you say thousands of christian denominations and sects ALL using the very same INSPIRED WORDS OF GOD to prove each of their own conflicting doctrines.

Not one christian denomination has the smoking gun of truth after 2,000 long years. Not any other non christian religion.

........and the beat goes on!!

Prince George, Canada

#489835 Nov 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT MY CHURCH ..thanks,
But probably why Catholics,won't refute you ..Catholics can't go against what a,priest says,.
Amazing
Sure they can. They use birth control, have abortions, kill in wars and in home-type situations, they swear, they steal, they go to prison.

It's almost as though they are mortal normal humans.

Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#489836 Nov 8, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Have to agree with you on that one....
'Bout time some one agreed with me on sumthin'.

Prince George, Canada

#489837 Nov 8, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>

according to me I am still seeking the truth.
That's against all religious "principles."

To be in religion, you have to have faith that you understand truth or you will be of no value to other believers.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#489838 Nov 8, 2013
who="Michael" <quoted text>
If someone had absolute truth of the hereafter, EVERYONE would believe. What do we have? Thousands of different groups with different doctrines, handed-down from generation to generation, family to family. Not based on any facts, but based solely on family belief, that is why we have thousands of beliefs.
Born to a loving family in the east, chances are Allah is who you worship. Born to a loving family in the east, chances are Jesus gets the nod......
....religious belief by the MOST part is just a hand-me-down family tradition. You become what mom and dad wants you to become..........just like them.
----------
Is seeing believing? When I was just three years old, I was dying as a result of rheumatic fever. I saw into heaven where angels were waiting on children at tables. There were many children, but there was one empty chair. I knew it was my chair, and I was going to sit in it. Mom said I sang a song about heaven, and an older sister said I kept saying that I was seeing angels.
It was not a dream. I can still describe the room, and my mother and the doctor standing by my bed. I can describe the Room, and things in it. It was as if the ceiling had opened up, and I could see into that 'other world'. There were witnesses to prove that I was not dreaming. I saw the Tree of Life, and knew what it was.(How did I know what any of that was at my age?)
My mom and dad were moved to get into church. They had some knowledge of church, but were persuaded that day that heaven was really real, and they began to attend church faithfully.
The doctor told them that I could not live because my heart had developed a hole in it. That was nearly 77 years ago...and the Living Lord is still keeping me!
KayMarie
Wow!
That's quite a revelation there KM.
And you still have the same detail of memory as it was then at 3 yrs? That's remarkable.
truth

Perth, Australia

#489839 Nov 8, 2013
satanic evil people

see your spinal corde
there
see snake take vake i onake pak tak vak kvak

see alphabetic letters as kvaka=ladice=dosie=id
indifictation=see back word
no it at cif id n i

geneological program they used and destroy many good soul trough generastion
now they want new
lucifer fall
but watch creation
others too

see

many paralel systems exist
yee
whereeeeeeeeeeeeeee
future will be deference
how much deference
is another lucifer comiing

see 5 mirror
see map

i drove that you can see as looks as egg..see reprogramimng something
who
not me
i don't do that
no in condition
no

i drove

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#489840 Nov 8, 2013
<quoted text>
If you can understand/figure out the above ..you should be able understand that Peter was not singled out to be better than the rest of the apostles...
Read what JESUS HAD TO SAY ABOUT IT...
Luk 22:24 And there was also a strife among them,(THE APOSTLES) which of them should be accounted the greatest.
Luk 22:25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.
Luk 22:26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.
Luk 22:27 For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat?
but I am among you as he that serveth.
Luk 22:28 Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.
Luk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
Luk 22:30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
JESUS DID NOT SET PETER ABOVE TH OTHER APOSTLES..HERE...
~~~

WHEN JESUS WAS APPROACHED BY THE MOTHER OF JAMES AND JOHN

JESUS DID NOT SAY THAT PETER WAS CHOSEN ABOVE THE OTHERS..

HE SAID...Mat 20:20 Then came to him the mother of Zebedee's children with her sons, worshipping him, and desiring a certain thing of him.
Mat 20:21 And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom.

Mat 20:22 But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.

Mat 20:23 And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

HE SAID THE DECISION OF WHOM WOULD BE GREATEST WOULD BE MADE BY THE

HEAVENLY FATHER

AND

HE MADE NO MENTION OF PETER BEING HIS VICAR...

-->NOTE THIS WAS AFTER THE ROMAN CATHOLIC'S ALLEGED APPOINTMENT OF PETER<--
truth

Perth, Australia

#489841 Nov 8, 2013
https://www.google.com.au/search...

why you showing me this

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#489842 Nov 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There were many "religions" before Catholicism ... but I suggest not any Christian religions.
Apples don't fall far beyond the umbrella of the tree. It is always an outside causation(influence) if/when they do.
truth

Perth, Australia

#489843 Nov 8, 2013
why you have this dress
who do to me
my back
did i need pay heavy
your dress
ohh
poor me
my back
i be blue there
its mean i have to died that day

i still be charge for crime which other spirit do to me

truth

Perth, Australia

#489844 Nov 8, 2013

did i need pay praise because of that dress

ohhhhhhhhhhh
poor me/

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#489845 Nov 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I AM STILL WANTING one CATHOLUC to comment on this,as,I did last night three times EITH something other than a comment about typos,and St Ignatius,
Thanks
<quoted text>
==========

Here is a shot at your request for response from an Orthodox

The Jesus story was centered on his death on the cross and the resurrection. The Good News began with Easter.

The Christmas story developed much later.

This accounts for the fact that Mark, the earliest Gospel, gives no information on the birth of Jesus.

The church did not formally celebrate Christmas until the fourth century (Rome A.D. 336).

The infancy tradition was never part of the preaching (kerygma) or the teaching(Didache) of the early Church. The only mention Paul makes is that Jesus was born of a woman (Galatians 04:04).

In the preaching of Acts and Paul’s letters there is no mention of Jesus' birth or any miraculous happenings connected with it (02:23, 32; 03:14-15; 04:10; 10:39-40; 1 Corinthians 15:03-04).

This makes sense. Paul is writing in response to specific controversies facing the early Church. He's not writing to pagans who need to learn about who Jesus is. He's writing to existing Christians. So he skips a lot of the background, because they already know it.

In other words, he's writing apologetics, not a biography.
The Gospels are the biographies of Christ

You don't see a lot of biography in Paul's letters, or a lot of apologetics in the Synoptic Gospels, but that's because they're different genres of Books.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web