Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654716 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#489805 Nov 8, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
To loosely quote J. Campbell, "Once you remove all the masks of God you will discover nothing but yourself staring back at you."
In reality, Humans are the closest things to deities that ever existed.
I agree.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#489806 Nov 8, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not need your permission.
<quoted text>
Please provide evidence of this.
<quoted text>
According to Mark she did.
<quoted text>
And yet Mark's author does not separate her thoughts from her kids.
Nor did Jesus when he said in Mark 6, "A prophet is not without honor, save in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house."
Odd, huh?
MARY KNEW,HER SON WAS ABOUT HIS,FATHERS,BUSINESS..He told her .

The brethren on the other hand were,either embarrassed,or afraid,for him
.as,a,Jewish woman she,went where her family told her ..

Only wise,Jewish men listened to women ..in PRIVATE'

The brethren came to belief obviously after this,

Prince George, Canada

#489807 Nov 8, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the people I knew who were "into" the various new age religions treated it like a hobby or game and never took it or themselves too seriously.
Then I suggest you haven't conversed with a Wiccan who was serious about his/her religion.

I thought that the Christians could be cruel and underhanded, until I tangled with a Wiccan.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#489808 Nov 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
How so?
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#489809 Nov 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When people are in the greatest turmoil, it seems that many of them have a need to believe in a savior.
When I was still under the spell of religion, I never did believe in the myth of a savior within other religions, so I couldn't see why I should believe in a savior within my own framework of religion.
First of all ... it didn't seem FAIR, much less plausible.
If the people of the world were not so viciously oppressed and suppressed by the elements of greed within it's own humanity and accented by natural disaster, there would not have developed such horrific representations of "supernatural" entities To blame their own iniquities on.

Prince George, Canada

#489810 Nov 8, 2013
Apparently if Jesus lived, he was not fussy about who he welcomed in to "Christian" heaven.

:)

The blood was flying in all directions perpetrated by those who preached that they were SAVED.

What a scam!

Prince George, Canada

#489811 Nov 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
MARY KNEW,HER SON WAS ABOUT HIS,FATHERS,BUSINESS
Would that be Mary ... of Catholic sainthood???

Silly people!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#489812 Nov 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate your concern/taunting Rose. You'll find most Catholics here have no interest in crawling down atheist rabbit holes. Maybe protestants fundamentalists do, but I find it quite boring and frankly wastes a lot of time.
And yet one of you crawled,down my throat for a,typo ..

Saying I WAS,blasphemous her ..

You folks .

Some priest says,the nativity story is,false and you cannot contradict it .

The poser is,convinced yet again on this page that MARU thought her son crazy ..

And no comment .I really DOBT get you guys,..

I commented because ITS NOT TRUE ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURE..

NOT FIR YOU guys,. No appreciation needed.

That was,not the point .

You all go out of your way for YOUR CHURCH but not the,FAITH..not evidently MARY ..

I don't get that at all
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#489813 Nov 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate your concern/taunting Rose. You'll find most Catholics here have no interest in crawling down atheist rabbit holes. Maybe protestants fundamentalists do, but I find it quite boring and frankly wastes a lot of time.
Problem is, silly, it is a rabbit hole occupied by one of your most esteemed theologians from the last century.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#489814 Nov 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you didn't copy the words supposedly stated by Jesus from the bible???
Keep in mind that not one person other than Catholics authorized the words in the new testament.
They stole some words from other religions and they morphed others to suit their own purposes ... but they authorized all of those words as being based on truth.
And when you play the copy-cat game, you also authorize that the words are based on truth.
No, child, I copied those words from a text that existed before there was a Catholic church.

You weren't paying attention in history class, huh?

Or have you been indoctrinated by the faith you supposedly deplore?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489815 Nov 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I suggest you haven't conversed with a Wiccan who was serious about his/her religion.
I thought that the Christians could be cruel and underhanded, until I tangled with a Wiccan.
It seems that in real life I only have friends and acquaintances that are decent and loving. Yes, my experience is very biased. I have learned that many people of all faiths (and lack thereof) can be good people. Apparently the opposite is just as true.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489817 Nov 8, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
No, child, I copied those words from a text that existed before there was a Catholic church.
You weren't paying attention in history class, huh?
Or have you been indoctrinated by the faith you supposedly deplore?
Have to agree with you on that one.

There were hundreds of Christian texts circulating before Constantine authorized the limited and biased collection of them in 350AD creating what would become known as the Catholic Bible.

Prior to 350AD there was no Bible, let alone a Catholic one.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#489818 Nov 8, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Raymond Brown understood your faith, your needs, your understanding.
He also understood the limits of his challenge within the organization of your church.
Maybe you should grab a copy of his most excellent book, The Birth of the Messiah, and broaden your horizons.
BTW, the book is not as excellent as my post -- Christ, he takes 750 pages to say purt near the same damn thing -- but it still is a fine effort -- for a novice.
NOT MY CHURCH ..thanks,

But probably why Catholics,won't refute you ..Catholics can't go against what a,priest says,.

Amazing

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#489819 Nov 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I was,angry you bet ..so much concern over a,typos

And,NO COPIES ..OH YES THERE WERE COPIES.
And not a,WORD
About defending the,FAITH in our,LORD .

it looks,like the,EARLY FATHERS,..THE VATUCAN ..MY TYPOS,much more,important than OUR LORD ..And by the,way His,Mother .

Why ..because some priest says,the,Nativity story doesn't jibe??'

So a,priest has the,FINAL WORD ??

Prince George, Canada

#489820 Nov 8, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I copied those words from a text that existed before there was a Catholic church.
Within theology ... that would be before the crucifixion?

The Catholics were the first ones to use the word Christian in the first century AD.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#489821 Nov 8, 2013
who="Michael" <quoted text>
If someone had absolute truth of the hereafter, EVERYONE would believe. What do we have? Thousands of different groups with different doctrines, handed-down from generation to generation, family to family. Not based on any facts, but based solely on family belief, that is why we have thousands of beliefs.
Born to a loving family in the east, chances are Allah is who you worship. Born to a loving family in the east, chances are Jesus gets the nod......
....religious belief by the MOST part is just a hand-me-down family tradition. You become what mom and dad wants you to become..........just like them.

----------
Is seeing believing? When I was just three years old, I was dying as a result of rheumatic fever. I saw into heaven where angels were waiting on children at tables. There were many children, but there was one empty chair. I knew it was my chair, and I was going to sit in it. Mom said I sang a song about heaven, and an older sister said I kept saying that I was seeing angels.
It was not a dream. I can still describe the room, and my mother and the doctor standing by my bed. I can describe the Room, and things in it. It was as if the ceiling had opened up, and I could see into that 'other world'. There were witnesses to prove that I was not dreaming. I saw the Tree of Life, and knew what it was.(How did I know what any of that was at my age?)
My mom and dad were moved to get into church. They had some knowledge of church, but were persuaded that day that heaven was really real, and they began to attend church faithfully.
The doctor told them that I could not live because my heart had developed a hole in it. That was nearly 77 years ago...and the Living Lord is still keeping me!
KayMarie

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#489822 Nov 8, 2013
who="atemcowboy" <quoted text>Hank, why is such a nice guy and pretty intelligent so stupid when it comes to Salvation. I tiold you about my Spiritual experiences , now you tell us how and when you got saved and filled with the Holy Ghost.
**********every Christian on here can tell YOU when God Saved them, because they KNOW and it has nothing to do with their church doctrine**********
while people like you and the catholics have no Testimony because NOTHING happened.

----------
Amen to that 'starred' line especially.

KayMarie
truth

Perth, Australia

#489823 Nov 8, 2013
you start in circle and come back on some spot
see
i tell you before story with my mother and horse

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#489824 Nov 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Michael" <quoted text>
If someone had absolute truth of the hereafter, EVERYONE would believe. What do we have? Thousands of different groups with different doctrines, handed-down from generation to generation, family to family. Not based on any facts, but based solely on family belief, that is why we have thousands of beliefs.
Born to a loving family in the east, chances are Allah is who you worship. Born to a loving family in the east, chances are Jesus gets the nod......
....religious belief by the MOST part is just a hand-me-down family tradition. You become what mom and dad wants you to become..........just like them.
----------
Is seeing believing? When I was just three years old, I was dying as a result of rheumatic fever. I saw into heaven where angels were waiting on children at tables. There were many children, but there was one empty chair. I knew it was my chair, and I was going to sit in it. Mom said I sang a song about heaven, and an older sister said I kept saying that I was seeing angels.
It was not a dream. I can still describe the room, and my mother and the doctor standing by my bed. I can describe the Room, and things in it. It was as if the ceiling had opened up, and I could see into that 'other world'. There were witnesses to prove that I was not dreaming. I saw the Tree of Life, and knew what it was.(How did I know what any of that was at my age?)
My mom and dad were moved to get into church. They had some knowledge of church, but were persuaded that day that heaven was really real, and they began to attend church faithfully.
The doctor told them that I could not live because my heart had developed a hole in it. That was nearly 77 years ago...and the Living Lord is still keeping me!
KayMarie
Amen ..sister ..

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#489825 Nov 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Within theology ... that would be before the crucifixion?
The Catholics were the first ones to use the word Christian in the first century AD.
Mathura, North India 3127 B.C.

The moon was in the constellation of Aldebaran and it was the 8th lunar day of the dark fortnight in 3127 B.C.

The blessed virgin, Devaki, was about to deliver a baby boy; Krishna was to be his name. His birth had been heralded by the astral formation of a Rohini Nakshatra, a most auspicious astrological sequence.

His father, Vasudeva was a carpenter. Unfortunately, a wise Brahmin had predicted to King Kansa, the ruler of Mathura, that a son born to Devaki would destroy him. Kansa ordered the death of all male babies on the day of Krishna's birth to prevent the prophecy from coming true. Luckily for Krishna, his father was pre-warned and fled with the child to Gokul where he could be brought up safely.

Hinduism has long worshiped the Holy Trinity of Brahma - the Creator; Vishnu - the Preserver and Shiva - the Destroyer. Krishna, it was believed, was the second entity in this trinity. Much like the second entity in the trinity of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. The name Krishna is sometimes spelled as "Christna".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 15 hr StillNotSure 10,211
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Aug 24 South Knox Hombre 2
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web