Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 558,859
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#489534 Nov 8, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Words are cheap and lies easily told...and even more easily believed by the desperate and ignorant masses.
Christianity is very much to blame for this; the notion that salvation is free and may be attained by the idlest, the dullest, the stupidest is understandably very popular with persons who may be so described.

Robertson Davies, man of letters, letter, 18, November 1984, For Your Eye Alone: Letters, 1976-1995 (1999).
truth

Australia

#489535 Nov 8, 2013

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#489536 Nov 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt according to you I'm working for Satan.
That's what your theologians taught you to believe about anyone that disagrees with THEIR theology, that in turn became your theology.
~~~
He surveyed His kingdom from a cross.

There was no crown for Him of silver or of gold
There was no diadem for Him to hold.
But blood adorned His brow,
And proud its stain He bore,
And sinners gave to Him the crown He wore.

CHORUS
A rugged cross became His throne
His kingdom was in hearts alone
He wrote His love in crimson red
And wore the thorns upon His head.

He did not reign upon a throne of ivory
But died upon the cross of Calvary.
For sinners there He counted all He owned but loss
And He surveyed His kingdom from a cross.

CHORUS

No purple robe He wore,
His bleeding wounds to hide
But stripes upon His back He wore with pride.
And from the wounds there flowed a crimson,
cleansing stream
That was a cover for the soul unclean

CHORUS

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Heb 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

Heb 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Heb 10:32 But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions;
Catholic Girl

Bethpage, NY

#489537 Nov 8, 2013
truth wrote:
please tell me
Why God created satan?
be good not argument with me
I am not your commander!
http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/pigeons/
Lucifer was kicked out of heaven because he thought he was bigger than God. St. Michael the arch angel threw him and his followers out. St. Michael is the head of God's armory, head of the seraphrim's (the hightes order of angels)
YTube

Marietta, GA

#489538 Nov 8, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_____

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#489539 Nov 8, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Gif says:
THE NEW TESTAMENT IS
A LEGAL DOCUMENT
A COVENANT
A WILL
A CONTRACT
BETWEEN GOD AND MAN
IMPLEMENTED BY CHRIST HIMSELF
Michael says..........
No one knows with any certainty that the names associated with the 4 gospels were the actual men who wrote them. The gospels were written decades after this man supposedly died. Why no contemporary writings about a god/man who performed miracles for thousands and witnessed by thousands more? We have nothing.
Philo was probably the greatest jewish philosopher during the time Jesus supposedly lived. Philo wrote many manuscripts about Jewish life and jewish individuals that were news worthy. Not one word ever mentioned in any of Philo's manuscripts of a man named Jesus.
The ONLY writings about Jesus came decades or centuries after he supposedly died. That's troubling!
.... Mark 2:1-12, where the crowd coming to see Jesus is SO GREAT!, that a paralytic has to be lowered through the roof of a building Jesus is in, in order for Jesus to see him. Elsewhere Mark tells us that the crowds that Jesus drew were so overflowing that he has to lecture from a boat on the Sea of Galilee. When Jesus travels from Bethany to Jerusalem, throngs of people line the roads to welcome him. Mark also tells us of how Jesus performed miracles before thousands: on two different occasions Jesus feeds thousands through miracles (see for example, Mark 8:1).
......miraculous virgin birth.....not one contemporary mention by anyone in the entire mediteranean.
......dozens of miracles for thousands......no one notices.
.....crucifixion.......no one writes anything.
.....zombies coming out of their graves........nope nothing!
....no one from his era thought these events important enough to write something at all!
Why all the writings years after he dies? Maybe because the story could be spun anyone way they want because dead man tell no tales.
...my opinion.
The seat of their Church was in Jerusalem..which burned to tell ground along EITH it's,residents..scrolls ..And the temple in AD 70

Can you imagine if the seat of our government was destroyed . Before copy machines and the internet ...AND PRINTING PRESSES ..

Many went out to spread the word .

Of course Mary was not going around the countryside or even in Nazareth

Telling people about her Son when He was,Child ..his life
was in Danger .

He was the true Heir of David ...She may have not known all the facts by she knew where He came from

http://www.heartofisrael.net/chazak/articles/...

SO many answers to your questions ..THEY DID NOT TWEET EVETY BIT OF THEIR BUSINESS..

there is,an account of Pilate kings ..includibg Jesus,Crucifuxion by Josephus .....again the Jews,held Jerusalem..until it was destroyed ..
All things Roman and Jewish destroyed,.

How much writing lost forever ..

Prince George, Canada

#489540 Nov 8, 2013
The belief that latching on to a certain theology makes one wise ... is what dumbed down the people of the world to in turn place complete FAITH in the words of the cunning theologians.

Been there ... done that!

Now I realize that cunning people in religion offer wisdom as a lure to entice those who are greedy and needy ... into the cults.

I never believed that I was special to a god ... but for believing in the existence of a god, I did believe I was WISE, and others who wouldn't see it my way were dumb.

Now, I believe that, by what we don't KNOW, we are ALL dumb.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#489541 Nov 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever lied in your life .....
Everyone tells lies, usually harmless ones.
The difference is; I never claimed my lies were the words of God like Christians constantly do.

Prince George, Canada

#489542 Nov 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You are promoting the dogmas put forth by Catholics, that ultimately morphed twisted into Protestantism.

Judaism doesn't believe that Jesus IS a messiah.

I don't read your favored scriptures, much less believe any of it is based on truth.

From my perception religion is ALL mythical bunk.

Prince George, Canada

#489543 Nov 8, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is; I never claimed my lies were the words of God like Christians constantly do.
Priceless!
truth

Australia

#489544 Nov 8, 2013
truth

Australia

#489545 Nov 8, 2013
i told you they used genetic program

but i told you

its much more worse because they did not know
much more

byyyyyyyyyy

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#489546 Nov 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You make it plain that you are certain your "SELF" is aligned to a kingdom of a perfect god.
However, I suggest that a god that allows suffering of all its creatures (if it exists) has no character of which to BE proud. It ought to hang its invisible head in shame.
Good point June. I'll make a note of this, as it is a viable factor in belief.

I've already taken the belief that no god has any control over this world. You seem to solidify it further.

Cheers.
truth

Australia

#489547 Nov 8, 2013

did you know about stalin
jeeeeeeeeeeee
see stalin been in india
as well train under sgenetic program
why they kill many people

Albuquerque, NM

#489548 Nov 8, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, Now, my fellow seeker.
In 1700 years the words of Jesus have fallen on the deaf ears of Christians. Do not expect them to listen now.
LOL

Nicely put!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#489549 Nov 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The belief that latching on to a certain theology makes one wise ... is what dumbed down the people of the world to in turn place complete FAITH in the words of the cunning theologians.
Now I realize that cunning people in religion offer wisdom as a lure to entice those who are greedy and needy ... into the cults.
I never believed that I was special to a god ... but for believing in the existence of a god, I did believe I was WISE, and others who wouldn't see it my way were dumb.
~~~

Tell me the story of Jesus,

Write on my heart every word;
Tell me the story most precious,
Sweetest that ever was heard.
Tell how the angels in chorus,
Sang as they welcomed His birth,
“Glory to God in the highest!
Peace and good tidings to earth.”

Refrain:

Fasting alone in the desert,
Tell of the days that are past,
How for our sins He was tempted,
Yet was triumphant at last.
Tell of the years of His labor,
Tell of the sorrow He bore;
He was despised and afflicted,
Homeless, rejected and poor.

Refrain:

Tell of the cross where they nailed Him,
Writhing in anguish and pain;
Tell of the grave where they laid Him,
Tell how He liveth again.
Love in that story so tender,
Clearer than ever I see;
Stay, let me weep while you whisper,
“Love paid the ransom for me.”

Refrain:
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#489550 Nov 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hank, what happens to someone who comes to Christ on a hospital bed and are not baptized before they pass?
Jesus said believe AND be baptized. People are baptized on thier death bed all the time. Why would a person seeking Christ NOT ask for baptism? Who would preach Christ and NOT baptism?

Albuquerque, NM

#489551 Nov 8, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The writings of the Disciples of the Apostle.....
Taking your time when you write?

Good - you should.

This may be the first honest phrase that you have posted.

I congratulate you for taking that time - as it seems you are beginning to understand.

Take your time padawan, you still have plenty of time to learn.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#489552 Nov 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Romans 1:20-32
King James Version (KJV)

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Albuquerque, NM

#489553 Nov 8, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Only catholics believe that your church is the True Church no other faith agrees with them and that includes the Orthodox Church
Hojo is part of that "self-indulgence Christianity" program that never seems to die out.

It eventually will.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 1 hr Le Duped 2
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns 2 hr Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... 3 hr Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says 14 hr cooldude 5
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 17 hr Crazy 8,687
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 17 hr Strel 83,885
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web