Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 591232 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#489551 Nov 8, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The writings of the Disciples of the Apostle.....
Taking your time when you write?

Good - you should.

This may be the first honest phrase that you have posted.

I congratulate you for taking that time - as it seems you are beginning to understand.

Take your time padawan, you still have plenty of time to learn.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#489552 Nov 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The belief that latching on to a certain theology makes one wise ... is what dumbed down the people of the world to in turn place complete FAITH in the words of the cunning theologians.
Been there ... done that!
Now I realize that cunning people in religion offer wisdom as a lure to entice those who are greedy and needy ... into the cults.
I never believed that I was special to a god ... but for believing in the existence of a god, I did believe I was WISE, and others who wouldn't see it my way were dumb.
Now, I believe that, by what we don't KNOW, we are ALL dumb.
Romans 1:20-32
King James Version (KJV)

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Albuquerque, NM

#489553 Nov 8, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Only catholics believe that your church is the True Church no other faith agrees with them and that includes the Orthodox Church
Hojo is part of that "self-indulgence Christianity" program that never seems to die out.

It eventually will.

Albuquerque, NM

#489554 Nov 8, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Rose, Mary knew Jesus is God. She knew going in . She knew because she is the Immaculate Conception. We pray and Mary is the closest to Christ, She delivers our prayers straight to Him.
"She knew because...."

Wow - really HD?

And to be honest - you wouldn't know if some guy didn't know how to write about some other guy, abotu some other guy....

Yeah sure she did - because some guy said so.

Do you ever really pay attention to what you post?
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#489555 Nov 8, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with salvation. NOTHING!!! Jesus NEVER..NEVER..NEVER said baptism was a requirement for salvation. N E V E R !!!!!!
Required for salvation...believe and receive Jesus as Lord.
Romans 10:9-10, 9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
Not one....not one disciple ever wrote, nor did Jesus ever teach baptism was a requirement to receive salvation. If you can show me where the Bible tells anyone that in order to be saved they must have someone throw water on them, immerse them or pour water over their head I will eat ever page, including the cover, of my Bible.
A specific statement that says....to be saved you have to be baptized.
In Mark 16:16 the Bible tells us, "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."
Not being baptized never has nor ever will damn someone to hell. The only unforgivable sin is ......UNBELIEF. If we do not believe we are damned. End of story!!!!!!!!!!
"and is baptized shall be saved"...sounds like He's saying baptism is part of being saved.
truth

Australia

#489556 Nov 8, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Pl...

why don't you tell me..aaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaa

you liked make argument with me
don't you
i don't liked that
did you know that
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Siege_of_Qu...

n
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#489557 Nov 8, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Someone, anyone....please provide a list of requirements Jesus preached and commanded to receive salvation other than......
B E L I E F
Not head belief. Heart belief! We all know Satan believes but not in his heart. Satan only acknowledges there is a God.
Romans 10:9-10, 9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt BELIEVE IN THINE HEART that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For WITH THE HEART MAN BELIEVETH UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
"and is baptized shall be saved"

Albuquerque, NM

#489558 Nov 8, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Quit blaspheming the mother of God. Mary never was in a brothel, had anything to do with a brothel. SHAME ON YOU. You are not a Christian at all.
HD - I think Rose was trying to convey "betrothal".

If you had studied the aspects of Mary, there isn't a story associating her to any brothel.

Maybe next time, you can ask for clarity, instead of snapping at others about a misspoken word.

*sighs*

Just like the Pope did when he made the claim we've been posting about.
truth

Australia

#489559 Nov 8, 2013
now
about horse
chees
nepal
see symbol from that map
see that evil people what they want used

a ye
tail from ox as dry lief
auctum
see mutante
aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
india canada
macak u vrechi nemoj rechi

what shape efect my people and my country
//////////

see as stonoge
shut up evil people

saint catherine nekhel
aaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
grr prrrrrrrrrrrrr
https://www.google.com.au/search...

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#489560 Nov 8, 2013
I suggest that insane theology is ALL theology.

A creator created us in its image ... knowing ahead of "time" that we would suffer ... while the creator (who is perfect) could never suffer.

It doesn't get more ignorant than that type of philosophy.

Prince George, Canada

#489561 Nov 8, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Hojo is part of that "self-indulgence Christianity" program that never seems to die out.
It eventually will.
And your type of Christianity is the PURE type???

How funny!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#489562 Nov 8, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
HD - I think Rose was trying to convey "betrothal".
If you had studied the aspects of Mary, there isn't a story associating her to any brothel.
Maybe next time, you can ask for clarity, instead of snapping at others about a misspoken word.
*sighs*
Just like the Pope did when he made the claim we've been posting about.
Thanks,she knew,exactly what I meant ..since the,word was,used in context with marriage ..And,I DID,CORRECT it in he next post ..
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#489563 Nov 8, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen brother. The Bible tells us this over and over and over and over again.
Salvation is by faith alone in CHRIST ALONE.
"See how a man is justified by works and not by faith alone."

Albuquerque, NM

#489564 Nov 8, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no original writings of any of the 73 Books of the Bible. I'm not sure why you're freaking out. I'm certainly not demeaning the sacred scriptures by pointing out a fact.
I stated that Ignatius' letters are still around in original form; his actual writings.
That doesn't mean its above the Bible. I hope you didn't think I was implying that.
Its like this, Rose: Everyone was bickering back and forth about baptism today. About what the Apostles taught; which is the correct interpretations and by whom. All the stupid fighting could be settled if you guys would see how the Apostles' Disciples understood what they heard.
y'all all refuse to do this for reasons I do not know. it tells me ya ain't that devout in your Christian faith though. Comfortably protestant, but not a devout obedient Christian.
You'll openly staqte this, which is very good to do so, but yet you still will refute half of what Jesus taught.

Hmmmm.....sounds like you have your own belief, just like the Protestants.
truth

Australia

#489565 Nov 8, 2013

Prince George, Canada

#489566 Nov 8, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 1:20-32
King James Version (KJV)
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
So you believe that having faith in the these words that were compiled by mortal men is WISE???

Yet you refuse to have faith in the idea that Jehovah is a god that favored ONLY Jews ... and also that he created EVIL.

You people deserve to be fooled.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#489567 Nov 8, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone tells lies, usually harmless ones.
The difference is; I never claimed my lies were the words of God like Christians constantly do.
So your lies aren't as bad...interesting
marge

Ames, IA

#489568 Nov 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said believe AND be baptized. People are baptized on thier death bed all the time. Why would a person seeking Christ NOT ask for baptism? Who would preach Christ and NOT baptism?
14I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15so no one can say that you were baptized in my name. 16(Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I donít remember if I baptized anyone else.)

>17For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospelónot with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.<

Albuquerque, NM

#489569 Nov 8, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> I can only tell you the truth my friend.
Is this going to start sooner or later?

You'll first have to be honest, before you can be truthful.

This is something you have failed to show in your posts.

Prince George, Canada

#489570 Nov 8, 2013
Those who claim to study the bible only take what pleases them FROM the bible.

And that causes split thinking.

"I don't LIKE that scripture ... so I'll only focus on THESE scriptures over HERE.

And that is how you continue on your paths of placing FAITH in folly!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News As ideology fades in Cuba, spirituality and pop... 3 hr L I G E R 1
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) 4 hr KristoFMYsagun 14
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr IM Just Saying 9,418
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) 6 hr pazuzu 68
News Francis expects short papacy Sun KristoFMYsagun 16
News Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... (Sep '14) May 29 KristoFMYsagun 55
News Tantingco: The Kapampangan Cardinal (Mar '13) May 29 ELIAS IBARRA 6
More from around the web