Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685540 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#489676 Nov 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
OT folks were saved just like Christians today..by faith.
They were not "saved" in the sense you and I are now since Christ had not yet come to redeem the human race.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#489677 Nov 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
How,many times,does,Jesus,say ..thy faith has,saved thee..or heeled.or healed their loved one's,
FAITH
you are Correct. people like Anthony or hank can only stand on the sidelines when it comes to seeing people get Healed or Saved, they are not equipped(not Saved) to align themselves with Gods People.

at no time did Jesus tell the man who was lowered down into where Jesus was, did He say' your water baptism has caused you to be healed", and of course, there is ample reason for that, isn't there?

NO, He said" their faith has caused you to be healed".

Faith is the key that opens a storehouse of His blessing on His Children who are Born Again
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#489678 Nov 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
hey Chuck. Go Bucks. Urban is doing pretty good with someone elses recruits. But I don't care.
anyway what just came to me is this.
you were once a catholic, but now a Christian.
Hank was once a catholic, and now a campbellite. both believe that water saves them.
both are wrong!
Not sure about Hank, but we don't believe water saves us.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#489679 Nov 8, 2013
If a creator exists, it follows that it takes delight in the suffering of ALL forms of life. If that were not so, it would do something to stop the suffering.

The word "sinner" is simply a word in religion that in turn causes believers to perceive their selves as BAD, BAD, BAD!

Religion is not only based on lies ... in its intent, it is NASTY!!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#489680 Nov 8, 2013
Theologians taught and teach that BAD people NEED theologians to show the people HOW to take the BAD out of the people.

How funny!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#489681 Nov 8, 2013
From the book, "The Way Our People Lived," ... An intimate American history, by William E. Woodward, published 1944, comes the following ...

Those elected for goodness, having fought in this world against evil, would in the next life be lifted up to an infinite happiness; and, looking down out of heaven, they would realize their own ecstasy by contrasting it with the infinite misery of the sinners in the flames of hell.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#489682 Nov 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
They were not "saved" in the sense you and I are now since Christ had not yet come to redeem the human race.
we are all saved by faith. Old and New Testament folks.

You change it because you add baptism.

Location hidden

#489683 Nov 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age.
as a former Pastor, I always preached to get People Saved, with baptism following, not vice versa.

however as a Pastor, it is the obligation to feed Christians and that is done by Preaching Jesus Christ.

anyway, it is looked at, Jesus must be Preached for Salvation. I have said on here before. the same Message(about Jesus) that Blesses the Church, will also [condemm] the sinner.

Do I understand that? NO. have I seen that? yes, many times.

and chuck, gif and his wife and others on here can attest to that. It is the same Spirit that Blesses as well as convicts
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#489684 Nov 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<Faith is the key that opens a storehouse of His blessing on His Children who are Born Again
Signed ... but NOT by a Catholic character entitled as Jesus!!!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#489685 Nov 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you insist on playing the theology game with me, I suggest you worship the evil side of your god's nature.
You know what I mean! The side of him that hears babies screaming for food on a daily basis and ignores their suffering as they die screaming for someone to help them.
You know what I mean! I suggest you worship his evil side when you see all the humans and other animals suffering twenty-four hours a day and night on and on and on.
You are a fool for believing that if a creator exists, it is GOOD!
All evidence points in the opposite direction.
The blame is on you, not God. He gave you life and you were to take care of the earth and your fellow man. "Then God said,'Let us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over all the earth .' "

Genesis 1:26

"What is man that You are mindful of him ? You have made him have dominion over the works of Your hands

Psalm 8:4, 6

" For His (God's) dominion is an everlasting dominion, and His kingdom is from generation to generation."

Daniel 4:34

Location hidden

#489686 Nov 8, 2013
I am a firm believer that the time for a person to get Baptized is when God tells him too.

I have had believers come to my house at different times wanting to be Baptized and I have left the table to assist them.

God did not call Preachers to hinder Believers but to help them
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#489687 Nov 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>[accompanied by faith as one matures] so the Blood applied to a person when he first believes and is Saved isnt enough? is that what you are implying. that maturation must enter into the Gift of Salvation to the believer. LOL.
every time that you post, you show that you know NOTHING about the salvation and the gift of Eternal Life to the believer.
Maturation or as Christians call it , Sanctification, is good to help us lead a Christian lifestyle, but it plays no part in our Salvation, that was taken care of on Calvary.
in my few years, I have seen people mature very quickly in their walk with the Lord(I was one) and seen others who seemed to never grow in the Lord but that lack of Growth never lessened their love of the Lord.
If you ever get Saved, you will understand, until then you will walk with blinders on your face, never seeing what God will do for US, who are Christians.
Baptism must be accompanied by faith. I don't think I've ever qualified salvation by the level of understanding of the faith one has. I am saved, I'm being saved, and I will be saved. I think we have a disconnect as to the meaning of "saved". This should help you;

The Catholic Christian answers this question in three stages or levels corresponding to the three meanings the words "saved" and "salvation" have in the Bible.(These meanings are found in the previous section, "Salvation: A Biblical Portrait." )

Catholic Christians can respond that they have been saved. This acknowledges the first meaning of "saved" and "salvation" in scripture--Jesus Christ, Savior, by whose act of salvation we are objectively saved--He died, rose from the dead, saved them from sin.

2 Cor 5:17
So whoever is in Christ is a new creation

Catholic Christians can also respond that they are being saved. This acknowledges the second meaning "saved" and "salvation" have in scripture--the present experience, God's power delivering constantly from the bondage of sin.

1 Cor 15:2
Through it (the gospel) you are also being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.

Catholic Christians also respond that they will be saved, that they have hope and confidence that God will give them the grace of perseverance; that they will respond to it; and accept his gift of salvation until their death. This acknowledges the third meaning the words "saved" and "salvation" have in scripture--the future deliverance of believers at the Second Coming of Christ.

Rom 5:9
How much more then, since we are now justified by his blood, will we be saved through him from the wrath.

http://www.catholicapologetics.org/ap020600.h...

Location hidden

#489688 Nov 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN
THeir faithfulness,forward to God's,promise .
They were redeemed by Christ ..as,are,we
From the Garden to the Cross, there is one theme and that is the Blood, shed Blood,not water.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#489689 Nov 8, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
we are all saved by faith. Old and New Testament folks.
You change it because you add baptism.
Not by faith alone, in either the OT or the NT. How important was circumcision in the old covenant? How did St. Paul compare circumcision with baptism?

Location hidden

#489690 Nov 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
now look who REALLY is adding to the Words of Jesus. He let us know that there is only ONE way to be saved and NOW you are saying, unlike the words of Jesus, that there is [another sense] of Salvation.

you are not only blinded but you are a loose cannon, ready to explode and destroy everything that Jesus actually Said.

Location hidden

#489691 Nov 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure about Hank, but we don't believe water saves us.
sure you do. you baptize babies. in fact you catholics got all kinds of ways to be Saved.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#489692 Nov 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you are Correct. people like Anthony or hank can only stand on the sidelines when it comes to seeing people get Healed or Saved, they are not equipped(not Saved) to align themselves with Gods People.
at no time did Jesus tell the man who was lowered down into where Jesus was, did He say' your water baptism has caused you to be healed", and of course, there is ample reason for that, isn't there?
NO, He said" their faith has caused you to be healed".
Faith is the key that opens a storehouse of His blessing on His Children who are Born Again
Jesus said belief AND baptism. That doesn't mean He wouldn't heal someone before they got baptised.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#489693 Nov 8, 2013
Supposed morals are perceived through the "training" of the believers.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book, "The Way Our People Lived," ... An intimate American history, by William E. Woodward, published 1944, comes the following ...

A Puritan Village in 1680.......

Curiously enough, these harsh restrictions on perfectly natural and human pleasures did not apply to liquor drinking. People who got drunk were, of course, taken up and fined or set in the stocks; and the taverns had to close at the curfew hour and also on the Sabbath, but otherwise there was no curb on all drinking. As a matter of fact, everyone drank liquor, or beer or cider--and that really meant everyone from ministers and magistrates down to the nursemaids and two-year-old babies.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#489694 Nov 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>now look who REALLY is adding to the Words of Jesus. He let us know that there is only ONE way to be saved and NOW you are saying, unlike the words of Jesus, that there is [another sense] of Salvation.
you are not only blinded but you are a loose cannon, ready to explode and destroy everything that Jesus actually Said.
?

While they died with faith in the coming of the Messiah, they had to wait until Jesus opened the gates of heaven by His death and resurrection.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#489695 Nov 8, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> The blame is on you, not God.
OH stop being so silly.

Had a creator created all living forms of life as perfect, there would be no need TO suffer.

If you think that any animals chose to suffer, I suggest that you are DEAD WRONG!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 10,583
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,840
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web